Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Staged. The pile of books were obviously put there after Spurge sat down.

Jessa hoping publishers will pick her up as an Influencer?

Wouldn't doubt it. I also hope he never takes after Ben. Even if she only meant it about reading..

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Madtown said:

Wouldn't doubt it. I also hope he never takes after Ben. Even if she only meant it about reading..

He clearly doesn’t take after his mother when it comes to reading books!

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The kids are adorable, but Bin seems totally dead on the inside. There's no life in his eyes at all.

It’s got to be the Sudafed. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, awaken said:

He clearly doesn’t take after his mother when it comes to reading books!

It’s got to be the Sudafed. 

I would go with Benadryl which is sedating - but - it something. He seems stuffy in the nose and sedated

• Love 10
On 1/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I don't remember seeing Spurgeon's coat in the clothes video. Henry's outfit, OTOH, was straight from her clothes pile.

Jessa needs to watch a tutorial that teaches how to use an iron. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jessa needs to watch a tutorial that teaches how to use an iron. 

So I just found out about this thing, it gets hot and you pass it over your clothes, and the wrinkles go away. Not a lot of people have them...

• LOL 23
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

So I just found out about this thing, it gets hot and you pass it over your clothes, and the wrinkles go away. Not a lot of people have them...

First you find clothes that are wrinkled, maybe put them in a basket. You plug in the iron. Oh and don't forget to add water because I used it for months and couldn't figure out why the clothes were still wrinkled, then Ben told me about the water! Haha. Once the iron is hot, keep it moving. I have a few scorch marks on some of our clothes from the first few times using it. And don't iron nylon things like coats, they melt. I had to buy Spurge a new coat and myself a new iron! Haha. You have to iron the entire garment and not just the wrinkles or else it will look a little funny. When I iron, I put Ivy down for a nap and have the boys recite Bible verses. I recommend a cheap Black & Decker. #ironingexpert #notanad

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

First you find clothes that are wrinkled, maybe put them in a basket. You plug in the iron. Oh and don't forget to add water because I used it for months and couldn't figure out why the clothes were still wrinkled, then Ben told me about the water! Haha. Once the iron is hot, keep it moving. I have a few scorch marks on some of our clothes from the first few times using it. And don't iron nylon things like coats, they melt. I had to buy Spurge a new coat and myself a new iron! Haha. You have to iron the entire garment and not just the wrinkles or else it will look a little funny. When I iron, I put Ivy down for a nap and have the boys recite Bible verses. I recommend a cheap Black & Decker. #ironingexpert #notanad

When I am done ironing, I shove the whole families clothes back into one small closet, I am still trying to figure out why they are wrinkled again when we go to wear them...

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

When I am done ironing, I shove the whole families clothes back into one small closet, I am still trying to figure out why they are wrinkled again when we go to wear them...

Oh, and you can’t Iron disposable diapers. Ask me how that went… 

• LOL 16
On 1/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

I have a son called Elliot. He doesn’t get made fun of for his name.  I get lots of compliments on it actually. His friends shorten it to El or Eli sometimes, but it’s a nice normal classic name. Like Henry and Ivy and UNLIKE Spurgeon...so yeah Elliot is not comparable to THAT.

Elliot is my #1 choice for boy names if we have a boy! I think of Elliot Stabler from Law and Order haha. I think it is a great name for boy boys or girls!

You cannot compare Elliot to Spurgeon. Spurgeon is a cruel name for a child. I feel so bad for him

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

It’s not like anyone will make fun of him in school or anything...

1 minute ago, emma675 said:

And it's not like he'll have any friends outside of his family that would make fun of him.

Both of these make me sadder than the name Spurgeon does and that name is atrocious to me.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

From her new Kids in the Kitchen series: pancakes.

Jessa isn't really my style but I do like how she interacts with the kids in a very natural, no-nonsense way. None of that cooey baby talk like Michelle would have done for the videos. I also like how she's teaching the boys "girl's" skills like cooking.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Jessa isn't really my style but I do like how she interacts with the kids in a very natural, no-nonsense way. None of that cooey baby talk like Michelle would have done for the videos. I also like how she's teaching the boys "girl's" skills like cooking.

There is plenty to snark on with any Duggars but to me this isn’t very snarkworthy. Seems like a normal thing to do. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

There is plenty to snark on with any Duggars but to me this isn’t very snarkworthy. Seems like a normal thing to do. 

She wasn't snarking, I think except on Michelle. I too find Michelle's baby voice which she uses all the time snarkworthy. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

She wasn't snarking, I think except on Michelle. I too find Michelle's baby voice which she uses all the time snarkworthy. 

No worries. I was just making a general comment!  No reference to anyone else. I shouldn’t have used the quote box. Sorry!!

Edited by lookeyloo
  • Love 4

She seems to be more in tune with her kids' development and what is expected for their ages than Jill. Notice there's no bib with Spurge. I would have put a plate for Henry, but eating a pancake with his hands seems developmentally appropriate for his age whereas Spurge has silverware. 

However, I'm still noticing that Henry doesn't talk that much, and isn't he almost 3 now?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

She seems to be more in tune with her kids' development and what is expected for their ages than Jill. Notice there's no bib with Spurge. I would have put a plate for Henry, but eating a pancake with his hands seems developmentally appropriate for his age whereas Spurge has silverware. 

However, I'm still noticing that Henry doesn't talk that much, and isn't he almost 3 now?

Henry is being treated by a speech therapist for his delay.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

my sister is having a panic attack at her daughter not talking really, and she's not even 2 yet, so I can imagine that Jessa is concerned about Henry. 

Ivy's near jump to get to crawling position is adorable. 

I liked that learning game that they were playing with the kids, with help from mom with the best questions to ask.  That kind of scaffolding is good for kids when they are  trying to learn the associations between characteristics of things and the actual objects.  Actual teaching skill is what I'm saying.

The pic of Spurgeon may not be staged if he stacked the books on the one side, sat on the chair and then they fell over on him, especially with the maneuvering he'd have to do to get up on that kind of chair, which probably rocks.  

• Love 8

I didn't mind the video. I mean, one and done. No need to watch more than once.

Jessa has very nice interactions with her kids. They are sweet and listen nicely (from what we see of course). I feel of all the kids, Jessa seems to provide the most relatively normal life.

I am so pleased that although she does use her kids for photo ops/videos etc, at least not everything is posed, staged and directed as with poor Felicity. 

Spurge slurping the milk off the coutner, SO cute. I laughed.

Felicity would never be allowed to do such a normal thing.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

603C16E6-42D0-4B33-BCDC-FFCDD67F983A.jpeg

Cute picture but couldn't they  have found one of just Henry by himself since it's his big day?  or at least have him be the  predominant one in the picture?

• Love 7

Slurping milk off the counter = gross and exactly like Josie licking the counter. Also: raw eggs on Spurgie's hands that didn't get washed off. Then Jessa tearing up that pancake with her bare (maybe raw-egged from the high-five) hands.

Those were the most sodium-laden pancakes I've ever witnessed. Pancakes don't need salt at all.

Spurgie never beat eggs with a fork before, contrary to what Jessa was bragging about.

Ugh.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, drafan said:

Slurping milk off the counter = gross and exactly like Josie licking the counter. Also: raw eggs on Spurgie's hands that didn't get washed off. Then Jessa tearing up that pancake with her bare (maybe raw-egged from the high-five) hands.

Those were the most sodium-laden pancakes I've ever witnessed. Pancakes don't need salt at all.

Spurgie never beat eggs with a fork before, contrary to what Jessa was bragging about.

Ugh.

Yeah, I really don't buy she's doing all these activities on a regular basis. For one thing, when children cook they make a mess. Jessa hates to clean as it is, I doubt she'd have the patience to wipe up spilled pancake batter and sticky handprints off the counters. Unlike Jinger, Jessa is just more skilled at making staged events appear natural.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Unlike Jinger, Jessa is just more skilled at making staged events appear natural.

Agree 1000%. Jessa it is just Michelle If Michelle were born in the Instagram generation

• Love 16
8 hours ago, drafan said:

Ugh.

Do you think she is aware that there are many pancake mixes that only need water?  Much more relatable to busy moms of little ones.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

@JoanArc, Jessa is Michelle born in the IG era with a heaping addition of JB.

I know everybody calls are calculating, but I don’t see it. She’s just a mean girl it’s going to get everything handed to her, just by virtue of being pretty and bitchy. She’s the one I secretly wish would at least temporarily lose her looks, she might get a little bit of humility. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Do you think she is aware that there are many pancake mixes that only need water?  Much more relatable to busy moms of little ones.   

I’m sure she knows because that’s what she actually had growing up. But how is Jessa going to convince the audience of the revisioned history of Michelle cooking all meals from scratch, giving each child individual attention, single handedly cleaning the house, reading bedtime stories, and being a 24/7 hands on mother? Heck, not even Michelle is stupid enough to try to sell that fantasy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I know everybody calls are calculating, but I don’t see it. She’s just a mean girl it’s going to get everything handed to her, just by virtue of being pretty and bitchy. She’s the one I secretly wish would at least temporarily lose her looks, she might get a little bit of humility. 

Oh she's calculating. She was openly pissed on camera when Anna pre-revealed the name of her expected 4th M. She teased the sex of all three kids. Teased twins with the first two. She used to purposely post misleading photos to throw folks off of when and where various Duggar were going/doing. I'm sure there's more, but those are off the top of my head.

• Love 13