Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I do not believe for one minute that she was planning on birthing at the hospital. She just said that to appease the mainstream masses. Do they ultimately wish to have home births to save money? Would TLC provide them with insurance?  I'm sure many of the these quiver full families lack insurance and try to cut corners by birthing "as God intended" unassisted. It also seems like a bit of martyrdom to suffer and risk possible death at home by refusing proper medical care. Someone is eventually going to push this too far and it's going to end in death. She's setting a terrible example. 

I believe that the Duggars and other like-minded individuals seek out home births with midwives for a multitude of reasons.  Money is always a deciding factor since they tend to be self-employed and cannot afford health insurance for an ever-growing family.  Even with insurance hospital births are expensive and those add up if you are popping out a baby every 12-24 months for years.

There is also a push by certain groups of women who do not trust hospital births.  They want a home birth or a birthing center with midwives where there are no epidurals.  They erronously believe that doctors in hospitals push women to have c-sections over trying to give birth naturally because of convenience or malpractice issues.  These women are not all conservative Christians either.  I strongly suspect that these women are also anti-vaxxers, but I have not done any research into this.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I do not believe for one minute that she was planning on birthing at the hospital. She just said that to appease the mainstream masses. Do they ultimately wish to have home births to save money? Would TLC provide them with insurance?  I'm sure many of the these quiver full families lack insurance and try to cut corners by birthing "as God intended" unassisted. It also seems like a bit of martyrdom to suffer and risk possible death at home by refusing proper medical care. Someone is eventually going to push this too far and it's going to end in death. She's setting a terrible example. 

I do wanna know who's paying for the ambulance rides though?  Those aren't cheap either. Neither of them are employed... I always have so many questions about how these "kidults" live with no jobs other than sharing TLC paychecks with an enormous cast. 

Jessa also has the biggest ego but is willing to do anything for a camera. It's just bizarre to me to imagine letting a TV crew into your home to capture one of your most intimate moments. I'd die of embarrassment if I had to share with the world squatting out my baby on a doggy pee pad, on my living room couch while moaning in pain. Don't even get me started on Anna's toilet birth... 

On a totally separate note, I bet Lauren and Josiah are going to take the birth of their rainbow baby up and over the top. 

Anna’s “toilet birth” was another one of Teresa Fedosky’s screw ups.  I think Teresa F. was also the one who failed to identify that Joy’s baby wasn’t in the correct position to be delivered vaginally, as well.  Why, just why, do they keep using this woman??? 😬

• Love 9
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A screenshot from the episode:

8F5BBCDA-C139-4DB7-9D44-E43FB765E7A2.jpeg

Um, hey Duggars. Jessa just gave birth on that couch.

16 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Regarding the baseball caps worn indoors- that is the first sign of a balding man!  (Works with cowboy hats too). 

And good manners dictate you remove your hat/cap the moment you step inside. Anyone who has served in the military (obviously not Alert) should know this...

We only allow religious headwear during exams. It is a fight and a half to get students to take their baseball caps off. This is a policy because they caught someone writing on the brim of one of their caps. They will immediately pull hoods over their heads once we make them take off their caps. They all have full heads of hair (unlike the Duggars). It's really super trendy right now. A lot of my female friends wear ball caps indoors too.

Admittedly I wear various knit hats inside so I don't have much room to criticize them for the ball caps.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Damn. They’re going to have to burn that couch.

Call me old fashioned or maybe just squeamish but 1) I hope that they had some sort of cover on that couch cause biological material all over it sounds icky and wouldn't it smell after while?  I don't think I would trust Duggar Upholstery Cleaning Co to make sure they got all that jazz out and 2) it just seems odd to me to just give birth in whatever dress you are wearing and keep wearing it.  Keep in mind, I have never given birth and am very icked out easily so I could be talking out of my hindquarters.  I have a feeling there are all sorts of bodily fluids in that house haphazardly cleaned up.  Or they just wait for it to dry and don't bother.  

I hope Jessa starts taking her birthing issues seriously.  She can do whatever she wants with her body but being prolife and all, you would think it would be super important to make sure your birthing experience is as safe as possible to protect that life they created.

• Love 24
Just now, Natalie68 said:

Call me old fashioned or maybe just squeamish but 1) I hope that they had some sort of cover on that couch cause biological material all over it sounds icky and wouldn't it smell after while?  I don't think I would trust Duggar Upholstery Cleaning Co to make sure they got all that jazz out and 2) it just seems odd to me to just give birth in whatever dress you are wearing and keep wearing it.  Keep in mind, I have never given birth and am very icked out easily so I could be talking out of my hindquarters.  I have a feeling there are all sorts of bodily fluids in that house haphazardly cleaned up.  Or they just wait for it to dry and don't bother.  

I hope Jessa starts taking her birthing issues seriously.  She can do whatever she wants with her body but being prolife and all, you would think it would be super important to make sure your birthing experience is as safe as possible to protect that life they created.

Oh it grosses me out, too, even if the person in question was a stellar housekeeper. And we know Jessa, of Leaning Tower of Dirty Diaper fame, is a real slob. (I'm a bit of a slob, too, but I was seriously scarred by her just casually thinking that was no big deal and made her like every other mom. Just fucking filthy.) 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

They did cover the sofa with waterproof pads before Jessa delivered.  She didn't really have time to change her dress before being whisked off to the hospital.  Someone should have taken her a change of clothes there though.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I do wanna know who's paying for the ambulance rides though?  Those aren't cheap either. Neither of them are employed... I always have so many questions about how these "kidults" live with no jobs other than sharing TLC paychecks with an enormous cast. 

Jessa also has the biggest ego but is willing to do anything for a camera. It's just bizarre to me to imagine letting a TV crew into your home to capture one of your most intimate moments. I'd die of embarrassment if I had to share with the world squatting out my baby on a doggy pee pad, on my living room couch while moaning in pain. Don't even get me started on Anna's toilet birth... 

On a totally separate note, I bet Lauren and Josiah are going to take the birth of their rainbow baby up and over the top. 

Oh, i’m Sure they ended up with a massive ER bill (plus the ambulance bill). Bin better get a job.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Um, hey Duggars. Jessa just gave birth on that couch.

We only allow religious headwear during exams. It is a fight and a half to get students to take their baseball caps off. This is a policy because they caught someone writing on the brim of one of their caps. They will immediately pull hoods over their heads once we make them take off their caps. They all have full heads of hair (unlike the Duggars). It's really super trendy right now. A lot of my female friends wear ball caps indoors too.

Admittedly I wear various knit hats inside so I don't have much room to criticize them for the ball caps.

Why the hoods if they have hair?

• Love 1

So . . . the stuff about them using puppy pads to protect the sofa is not snark and is real?

Um, yuck. 🤮

Can verify first-hand that Chihuahua puppy pee can soak through them things--I shudder to think how they held up against everything that comes with childbirth. Jesus, every time I think these folks have hit rock bottom, they just continue to dig. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It looked much thicker than the general puppy pee pad. I'd guess an inch or so thick?

Hmm interesting. Was it all in one sheet that covered the sofa or did they have to use several of them? That was another thing I was wondering--if you have to use multiples to cover the surface, that's no real protection either. 

16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It looked like one thick pad, not layers of thin ones.

Thanks, @Sew Sumi! That seems much less hare-brained than what I was envisioning, though I still wouldn't be a fan of that happening on my furniture, especially with Jessa's non-existent will to clean. 

• Love 4

Just watched the episode.  Not much to add, except if I had just had a baby the last thing I would want is a boatload of people in my house.  I know it's "the brand", but surely it makes more sense to have a few people over at a time.  

Jill was pretty prominently featured so I guess it's only Derick who is persona non grata as far as TLC is concerned.

Could they not have edited out part of Henry's nose picking?

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I believe that the Duggars and other like-minded individuals seek out home births with midwives for a multitude of reasons.  Money is always a deciding factor since they tend to be self-employed and cannot afford health insurance for an ever-growing family.  Even with insurance hospital births are expensive and those add up if you are popping out a baby every 12-24 months for years.

I wonder if they're eligible for state Medicaid? If Jim Bob is the one pulling the financial strings, there is no reason he couldn't make it so the couples and their little ones would qualify. That would pay for the births and general care for the kids.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I wonder if they're eligible for state Medicaid? If Jim Bob is the one pulling the financial strings, there is no reason he couldn't make it so the couples and their little ones would qualify. That would pay for the births and general care for the kids.

But then they would have to open up their finances to the state.  The adults would all have to show actual paychecks and being self employed would not help their claim.  Living in daddy's house rent free is not going to help them either.  

• Love 3

My ocd ass couldn’t deal with a dress on a sofa! I wouldn’t be able to relax for birth because I’d be worried about the sofa fabric. And how the hell much material was on that dress?  Like you’d have to hike it up and keep folding all the fabric. Plus I’m not giving birth in long sleeves. Just all the little things that would make me uncomfortable and self-conscious. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But then they would have to open up their finances to the state.  The adults would all have to show actual paychecks and being self employed would not help their claim.  Living in daddy's house rent free is not going to help them either.  

Benessa own the mold house outright. That might be a strike against them if applying for aid.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Thought spell check knew Benessa. It does now.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I wonder if they continue using Teresa Fedosky because JBoob has set up some kind of discount L&D plan for all the pregnancies?  Like BOGO except for the pregnant Duggar girls, it would be Buy 20 Get 3 Free or something like that. 🤔

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Benessa own the mold house outright. That might be a strike against them if applying for aid.

That would make it even harder for them.  The social worker would seriously tell them to sell the house and live off the profits.  Or at least that is what my parents were told back in the 90s when my dad lost his job.  My parents had 3 kids at the time, pregnant with the 4th, and my mom worked part time.  They had established work history and we were only able to get WIC for my mom and younger siblings.  Getting financial assistance, food stamps, medicaid is a lot harder than what people imagine.  I don't know how many cars Ben and Jessa have, but the state will consider that an asset as well and can deny you assistance.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That would make it even harder for them.  The social worker would seriously tell them to sell the house and live off the profits.  Or at least that is what my parents were told back in the 90s when my dad lost his job.  My parents had 3 kids at the time, pregnant with the 4th, and my mom worked part time.  They had established work history and we were only able to get WIC for my mom and younger siblings.  Getting financial assistance, food stamps, medicaid is a lot harder than what people imagine.  I don't know how many cars Ben and Jessa have, but the state will consider that an asset as well and can deny you assistance.  

I doubt Ben would qualify for anything, But I’m sure Jesse would. Most people don’t realize that there was a time limit on how much aid you can receive anyway. Eventually, someone, or maybe even two someone’s, is going to have to get a job.

• Love 1
Just now, farmgal4 said:

In my eyes it was because:

When a laboring mother, who is either fully-dilated or close to being fully-dilated, says she feels the urge to poop you can almost bet that the head is ready to crown and the baby is ready to be delivered.  What the mother is feeling is not a full rectum (although it feels that way to the mother) but the baby’s head pushing against the rectum as it comes down the birth canal.  When I worked L&D a nurse with about 50 years of experience told me that and it always proved to be right.  She told me that unless I wanted to catch the baby before it hit the toilet bowl (and risk getting my ass chewed out by the doctor) do not let her go to the toilet.  IMO Teresa Fedosky should’ve known better.

Kids are born on the toilet all the time. Michael's delivery wasn't botched or a screwup. It was just odd. 

Jill's and Joy's deliveries were botched. 

• Love 5

I just watched the episode(s) with no sound so I'm still unsure of what went down, but anyway, I don't know how to screen shot. At around the 1 minute mark in episode 2 Jill is handing Jessa the baby. Does she look pregnant to anyone else?

I'm wondering if Jessa is teaching Jill how to play with dates and posts. Jill looks very pregnant to me in that mini episode.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I just watched the episode(s) with no sound so I'm still unsure of what went down, but anyway, I don't know how to screen shot. At around the 1 minute mark in episode 2 Jill is handing Jessa the baby. Does she look pregnant to anyone else?

I'm wondering if Jessa is teaching Jill how to play with dates and posts. Jill looks very pregnant to me in that mini episode.

I didn’t notice it then, but I noticed enough to screenshot the same thought earlier in the living room. (Sorry, I didn’t care enough to turn captions off, scrub back, *then* grab it!) That’s Jill closest to the camera. But I’m not sure it’s consistent with how she appeared, abdominal wise, at Mary’s funeral, etc, where it was Jinger who looked more like this on stage, and funky abdominal and bulge things can and do happen after various abdominal surgeries and separated muscles. (Though I’ve seen similar abdomens more after intestinal surgeries for diverticulitis in older bodies as often as I have a chronic postpartum shape.) Wasn’t sure if it was the top or a fluke, but explains her XL tops at any rate.

11E381A0-1FD7-42FD-B187-48B4E1AA7DD5.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

In the county I grew up in ambulance rides were free because it was covered through a county tax. No idea if the county they live in does this, but it is possible. 

@Zella lived in Fayetteville. She might know.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, heckkitty said:

One of the things that drives me the most nuts about their belief system is that they “pray” about something, but only consider something an answer from god is it matches their preexisting ideas. It’s not like god is ever telling them something they didn’t already believe. 

Well, to be fair, this is pretty much all of organized religion. The last time God sent a message the recipient didn’t want to hear was when a bound Isaac was hauled up the mountain by his dad, facing certain death. And even that ended happily ever after. 

• Love 1

I don't know about Fayetteville--fortunately didn't have to go to the hospital while there--but where I currently live in Arkansas, the ambulance does cost money. Let me do some digging and see what I can find.

• Love 5

Yes, ambulances do cost in Washington County, according to this news article in 2018. I saw another article from 2015 citing the same stat as this one about the main ambulance service getting at least 80% of its money from charging for its services as opposed to taxes.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/fox-24/central-ems-increases-ambulance-fees-1/1313761863https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/fox-24/central-ems-increases-ambulance-fees-1/1313761863

It's giving the cost of an ambulance ride in the county as nearly $1,000 in the county, which is cheaper than ambulance service in my rural county, but also a pretty good chunk of change on its own, especially if you don't have insurance or any visible means of support. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
(edited)
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I've been saying for weeks she looks pregnant, but she didn't today in her oversized clothes. They also seemed to be causually hinting at a pregnancy. I've said it before, but it wouldn't surprise me if she, Abbie, and Jinger are pregnant. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I've said it before, but it wouldn't surprise me if she, Abbie, and Jinger are pregnan

Would that be a complete set of second generation Duggar(/-in law)'s pregnant at the same time (we'll count Jessa because she just gave birth)? JB would be thrilled!

And if she's not pregnant, I feel for Jill. I look thin and hour-glassy from the front but from the side is where you see my stomach pooch. 😂 (Though I also realize most people won't notice or care. By medical standards I'm not overweight (anymore) but I know that's one place where I carry the extra fat!)

• Love 7
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why the hoods if they have hair?

They're wearing hats 24/7 (I presume because there are some students I never saw with a bare head until exam time). We have a few that fuss that their hair is messy and they don't want people to see their messy hair. You're writing an exam. We've had girls come in wearing shorts with unshaven legs because the exam centre is so hot. Trust me. No one is looking at your hair if they're not staring at the girl with hairy legs. 

It's honestly the trend and the Duggar boys are just following it. 

• Love 4

Giving birth on your couch? I thought the same thing about how uncomfortable that would be. Jessa didn't look very comfortable there to me. Labor is hard enough. It didn't look like they had enough 'protection' spread around the area at all. Jessa makes stupid birthing decisions just like her sisters, Jill and Joy.

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Did I miss it,  was there a reason given for being on the couch ?

Filming was easier?

The bedroom was a wreck?

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

The bedroom was probably filled with dirty diapers again and the midwife said no. Of course, the midwife was terrible Teresa whatsherface, the world's worst midwife, so who knows.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 6/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, Heathen said:

That episode title -- "A Baby Girl for Jessa." What about Ben, the child's father? Doesn't he count, or is he just a sperm donor? 

Sometimes I'm grateful that I don't have cable. 

I guess until it's time for it to pledge its purity, a girl child is the mother's. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Jessa and Ben moved their mattresses to the floor. I doubt that would be easy for anyone assisting her with the birth. They'd need to be practically slithering on the floor to see what's going on.

I suppose they could have just dumped the pile of unfolded clothes on the floor in the guest/boys' room and used that bed.

I think Henry was also delivered on the couch by the front window.

I'm sure it was a mess. In the hospital they put what looks like a Hefty garbage bag at the end of the bed. I hope they a least rolled the new white-ish carpet out of the way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3