Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Considering she said, “Literally, you get everything in this photo”, words matter! 🤣😂🤣

I would probably click 40 follow buttons if it meant rescuing those poor children. 

• Love 9

I admit this is super picky but in the latest house vid (part 3), she asks the boys which bedrooms they want.  Spurgeon says this one and she immediately says that one is for Ivy. Why even bother asking them if it’s something they can’t have? Just annoyed me. 

• Love 22

So the kitchen cabinets came in a couple of weeks ago. The Seewalds either have already moved or will be moving soon.

I am so curious to know the details of the ownership/rental or whatever the arrangement is. It just seems very risky on the Seewald end to put all that money into a house they don't own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I am so curious to know the details of the ownership/rental or whatever the arrangement is. It just seems very risky on the Seewald end to put all that money into a house they don't own.

I honestly don't understand their logic. What happens if Bin's church folds or they get into financial hot water? Would they have the legal right to sell even if they had some sort of contract with Ben and Jessa? The whole situation sounds messy and a potential land mine for problems. They should've just sold the Mold Pit and bought something else. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So the kitchen cabinets came in a couple of weeks ago. The Seewalds either have already moved or will be moving soon.

I have to assume the Duggars know enough about real estate to not do this. I know next to nothing about real estate and I know not to do that without anyone every having to tell me.  Maybe there's some weird contract where they'll own the house after xyz conditions are met, including renovating the house. Or maybe Ben's getting conned and he's pissed enough at Jessa and his in laws to put his foot down and not listen to any advice. I think he's petty enough to do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, the only property they own is the Mold House in Fayetteville. The church is in Springdale, IIRC.

While there is evidence that they are planning to move, is there any evidence that they are planning to sell the mold house?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

While there is evidence that they are planning to move, is there any evidence that they are planning to sell the mold house?

None that I know of either way. I just pointed out that they still own it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jessa posted 3 shots of her hair in the wind. Its amazing they've had long hair their whole lives and are so dumb about it. No ponytails while cooking and no ponytails when its very windy out. Gonna sit on the couch and do nothing all day? Bun time! 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

My "pandemic hair" is almost that long.  If there's one thing I hate (OK, I hate a lot more things than that, but...) it's combing out snarls.  That's why when I go outside or go to bed, or cook, it's in a ponytail or braid or something to minimize tangles.  Since Jessa doesn't seem to secure her hair at all, or comb/brush her kids' hair, maybe she enjoys snarly hair.  Nuts.

• Love 9

Wasn't it during her honeymoon that she wore her hair up, or in a bun? I thought that way looked really nice on her. I love long hair, but there's no reason to let it be a mess.

• Love 7

Poor Spurgeon starved for stimulation and he gets Pilgrim's Progress for kids. That's got to be one of the most mind-numbingly boring books I've ever read. The only part I liked was when the main character tries to outrun another pilgrim and wipes out instead. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

"He definitely takes after his dad, @ben_seewald! 📚"

Thanks! Yet Jessa thinks she’s an ace at homeschooling . . . 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Poor Spurgeon starved for stimulation and he gets Pilgrim's Progress for kids. That's got to be one of the most mind-numbingly boring books I've ever read. The only part I liked was when the main character tries to outrun another pilgrim and wipes out instead. LOL 

I’m not familiar with the book, but I’m sorry it bored you. Unlike a Duggar you’re inquisitive and the book didn’t keep you down. How does it compare to what a first grader should be reading? I’m about to be BEC, but I can’t trust when Jessa says anything about her kids, especially their reading (anything educational) skills. 

Are Israel and Spurgeon both six? I thought Israel was older? 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m not familiar with the book, but I’m sorry it bored you. Unlike a Duggar you’re inquisitive and the book didn’t keep you down. How does it compare to what a first grader should be reading? I’m about to be BEC, but I can’t trust when Jessa says anything about her kids, especially their reading (anything educational) skills. 

Are Israel and Spurgeon both six? I thought Israel was older? 

I can't speak to the kids' version he is reading, but the original is pretty difficult reading. It's written in the 17th century, and the language reflects that, so I can't imagine anyone younger than high school age tackling that. It's an allegory, which I actually find interesting as a genre, but it's such an obvious one that there's not much fun in trying to figure out who is what when characters have names like Christian and Mr. Worldly Wiseman and they go to places named Slough of Despond and House Beautiful. The only reason I finished it was because my job at the time required me to do so. 

I'm all for kids being exposed to kid-friendly versions of classics. 6-year-old me was obsessed with my copies of illustrated classics for kids about Oliver Twist, Sherlock Holmes, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Robinson Crusoe. But I think even avid reader little me would have found a simplified Pilgrim's Progress pretty dull at that age. LOL I can't imagine anyone reads it for anything but Bunyan's didacticism. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

I can't speak to the kids' version he is reading, but the original is pretty difficult reading. It's written in the 17th century, and the language reflects that, so I can't imagine anyone younger than high school age tackling that. It's an allegory, which I actually find interesting as a genre, but it's such an obvious one that there's not much fun in trying to figure out who is what when characters have names like Christian and Mr. Worldly Wiseman and they go to places named Slough of Despond and House Beautiful. The only reason I finished it was because my job at the time required me to do so. 

I'm all for kids being exposed to kid-friendly versions of classics. 6-year-old me was obsessed with my copies of illustrated classics for kids about Oliver Twist, Sherlock Holmes, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Robinson Crusoe. But I think even avid reader little me would have found a simplified Pilgrim's Progress pretty dull at that age. LOL I can't imagine anyone reads it for anything but Bunyan's didacticism. 

I read constantly as a kid, but that was in addition to the hours spent every day in school. I didn’t read any of that 17th century stuff until college. I doubt Joy has read the book at all- maybe it was too complex for her and that’s why she gave it to Spurgeon? 🤣

Recreational reading is not a replacement for school, Jessa.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 14

It's a picture book version.  The ads brag about the illustrations on every page.  It's for ages 4 to 10 so should be right at Spurgeon's level.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It's a picture book version.  The ads brag about the illustrations on every page.  It's for ages 4 to 10 so should be right at Spurgeon's level.  

It seems to be right on target. Far more pictures than words. Rather expensive - running in the $20s.

image.png.8c484a48ec65803c99e01036ce59596a.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Maybe someone gifted the book to Joy and she realized it was for kids older than her two. 

I assumed it was a gift Joy received and she wondered "what on earth am I supposed to do with this??" and promptly gave it away.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I took a "look inside" on amazon. I'd say there's no way Spurge is reading that text on his own. The author has an M. Div. from the Masters Seminary so maybe Jerm gifted it to Joy who regifted it to Jessa.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa has to get more savvy like Josie and Carlin Bates. Josie is hinting to sponsors about women in business books and gym equipment and Carlin is hinting about big ticket baby needs.

Alyssa was doing the same with skincare and now she's shilling Dime Beauty. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1