Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, kbott925 said:

I'm currently watching the seasons of this show...why? I don't know. I came across an episode where Ben states his video game system is in the closet. You can tell he doesn't agree with it and Jessa said "grow up".  After I saw the Flame episode (wow how embarrassing was that?) I realized what I thought all along could be correct. That Ben is the least like the Duggars and is sort of putting on an act or something. I'm not saying he isn't religious, but I have a feeling those two don't agree on things. I remember him saying that his family went to that church just because he wanted to meet Jessa or something. That is a little odd to begin with imo. 

I think Ben is like a lot of Christians - you believe, but you don't live life as narrowly as what the Duggars do.  Sometimes considering the way the world is now, I hate to admit I'm a Christian because I'm liberal in my beliefs and I don't push the way I feel onto others.  If Ben hadn't had a crush/lusting after Jessa, he probably would have been someone that goes to church, maybe a deacon years from now. But he would work in the real world, play video games, probably introduce his kids to video games and let his kids play peewee football or Little League.

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I think Ben is like a lot of Christians - you believe, but you don't live life as narrowly as what the Duggars do.  Sometimes considering the way the world is now, I hate to admit I'm a Christian because I'm liberal in my beliefs and I don't push the way I feel onto others.  If Ben hadn't had a crush/lusting after Jessa, he probably would have been someone that goes to church, maybe a deacon years from now. But he would work in the real world, play video games, probably introduce his kids to video games and let his kids play peewee football or Little League.

That's an interesting take and makes sense to me. Although he may have shut up about it lately, Ben's dad went through a phase of posting long rambling super-fundie sermons/essays/rants somewhere online. This was back at the time that Ben and Jessa were getting engaged/married. Seewald Senior (Mike?) had at some time also been a follower of Vision Forum, the same fundie patriarchal organization that named Michelle Duggar "Mother of the Year." 

I've speculated here that Ben's dad may have been lusting after his own share of celebrity and glory in fundie-dom when he facilitated Ben's introduction to Jessa, but that didn't happen. Either Seewald Senior was rebuffed in some way we don't know about, or his fundie fervor has cooled, or both. Anyway, Ben's sisters seem to be living their lives in ways that appear to be very un-Duggar-like: going to school, getting trained for and working in jobs in the real world (police officer and hairstylist/cosmetologist). I never got the idea that the Seewald kids were sequestered from the larger secular world in the extreme way that the Duggarlings were. 

For all I know, the whole Seewald family may be fairly fundie evangelicals when it comes to their religious beliefs, but they don't appear to be living the separatist kind of life that the Duggars do. Well, except for Ben, who as a horny teenager married into the Duggar cult and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to move away from the TTH compound. He's doing his job to increase Jim Bob's fold of descendants. Maybe he's got a long term plan that includes moving away, but whatever he's doing in terms of work and education, he's keeping it pretty quiet these days.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Did Jessa do a gender reveal before the boys were born?

I don't think so. After all, she was dropping hints she could be having twins. She's a woman of mystery, don't ya know? AKA a legend in her own mind. 🤣

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

That's an interesting take and makes sense to me. Although he may have shut up about it lately, Ben's dad went through a phase of posting long rambling super-fundie sermons/essays/rants somewhere online. This was back at the time that Ben and Jessa were getting engaged/married. Seewald Senior (Mike?) had at some time also been a follower of Vision Forum, the same fundie patriarchal organization that named Michelle Duggar "Mother of the Year." 

I've speculated here that Ben's dad may have been lusting after his own share of celebrity and glory in fundie-dom when he facilitated Ben's introduction to Jessa, but that didn't happen. Either Seewald Senior was rebuffed in some way we don't know about, or his fundie fervor has cooled, or both. Anyway, Ben's sisters seem to be living their lives in ways that appear to be very un-Duggar-like: going to school, getting trained for and working in jobs in the real world (police officer and hairstylist/cosmetologist). I never got the idea that the Seewald kids were sequestered from the larger secular world in the extreme way that the Duggarlings were. 

For all I know, the whole Seewald family may be fairly fundie evangelicals when it comes to their religious beliefs, but they don't appear to be living the separatist kind of life that the Duggars do. Well, except for Ben, who as a horny teenager married into the Duggar cult and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to move away from the TTH compound. He's doing his job to increase Jim Bob's fold of descendants. Maybe he's got a long term plan that includes moving away, but whatever he's doing in terms of work and education, he's keeping it pretty quiet these days.

Maybe the homeschooling co-op thingy Ben went to in high (?) school, had regular crunchy-granola home schoolers involved as well, and not just fundie ones?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, kbott925 said:

Hi everyone. Sorry to butt in. 

I'm currently watching the seasons of this show...why? I don't know. I came across an episode where Ben states his video game system is in the closet.

No idea Bin was into video games, of course Jessa doesn't approve. The Seewalds are now pretty laid back Christians, Gwinn has posted  videos of her teenage kids hanging out with friends and playing video games. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I don't think so. After all, she was dropping hints she could be having twins. She's a woman of mystery, don't ya know? AKA a legend in her own mind🤣

I read this as 'a legend in her own mirror'. 😉

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Shoes: Noted 😀

I can't believe how beautiful Henry is.  I'm ashamed to admit that I was one of those who thought newborn Henry to have had some unfortunate defect.  He was unusually homely!

• Love 7
On 4/6/2019 at 10:48 AM, OpieTaylor said:

What's the brown painted wall/door behind her? You can see what looks like a regular white door to her left in the photo. But that brown wall/door looks like it's cracked open, and with a strangely placed small mirror hung on it. The wall/door looks really thin and like there's missing molding around the outside of it, and no door knob. It has a half-finished look to it. It may be a closet because it looks like there's a white bottle on a shelf inside. Maybe some more home renovation going on.

@doodlebug It’s not unhealthy or wrong for a pregnant woman to keep to a healthy diet vs pigging out, right? 🐖 🐷 🐽 🤰🏼 👶🏼

56 minutes ago, louannems said:

I can't believe how beautiful Henry is.  I'm ashamed to admit that I was one of those who thought newborn Henry to have had some unfortunate defect.  He was unusually homely!

They look like a couple of those curly-headed Hobbit children from the Lord of the Rings! 🙂 I don't suppose Jessa (or Duggars in general) would be all that thrilled with that comparison.

• LOL 9

I wonder what Jessa thinks about the demise of the cathedral of Notre Dame. They visited there on their honeymoon, and I remember people being surprised since it's such a bastion of Catholicism.

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Shoes: Noted 😀

I've only lurked on the Duggar boards 'til now, but had to pop in to say if I had boys who looked like them (they're really cute btw) & her SM following, I'd have them wearing these slippers for a major photo op:

14623763_hobbitslippers.jpg.d53b2d6197a778d08a7214c44f1f2fae.jpg

Put them in a garden with some biscuits & title the post Second Breakfast.

Damn, Jessa's missing a golden Instagram opportunity there.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They look like a couple of those curly-headed Hobbit children from the Lord of the Rings! 🙂 I don't suppose Jessa (or Duggars in general) would be all that thrilled with that comparison.

I double-dog dare somebody to Photoshop Hobbit feet on those 2 and post them to Jessa's Instagram. 

Her head would explode. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:58 PM, kokapetl said:

@doodlebug It’s not unhealthy or wrong for a pregnant woman to keep to a healthy diet vs pigging out, right? 🐖 🐷 🐽 🤰🏼 👶🏼

Pregnant women don't need to 'pig out' to gain enough weight.  An extra 300 calories a day will do it.  That is like a couple of glasses of milk.  Ideal weight gain in pregnancy for a normal weight mom is 25-35 lbs.  If mom is already overweight, 15-20 lbs is fine.  And, yes, of course it is better to eat nutritionally rich foods rather than junk.

I must say, Jessa's kids are exceptionally cute.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
On 4/15/2019 at 2:14 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder what Jessa thinks about the demise of the cathedral of Notre Dame. They visited there on their honeymoon, and I remember people being surprised since it's such a bastion of Catholicism.

I being a lapsed Catholic was wondering the same thing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Pregnant women don't need to 'pig out' to gain enough weight.  An extra 300 calories a day will do it.  That is like a couple of glasses of milk.  Ideal weight gain in pregnancy for a normal weight mom is 25-35 lbs.  If mom is already overweight, 15-20 lbs is fine.  And, yes, of course it is better to eat nutritionally rich foods rather than junk.

My friend was very disappointed when she got pregnant and found out "eating for two" amounted to the calories in a single cupcake. 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I must say, Jessa's kids are exceptionally cute.

I am not surprise. Jessa may be a raving bitch, and is extremely unlikeable, but she is not bad looking.  And, I find Ben to be very handsome.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am not surprise. Jessa may be a raving bitch, and is extremely unlikeable, but she is not bad looking.  And, I find Ben to be very handsome.

It doesn’t always work that way. My niece is gorgeous and her husband is more so. Their baby was...really really not. Kid’s head looked like a light bulb. My secret name for him was Baby Potato Head.

But it’s good that Jessa’s kids are pretty. She’ll like them better.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

It doesn’t always work that way. My niece is gorgeous and her husband is more so. Their baby was...really really not. Kid’s head looked like a light bulb. My secret name for him was Baby Potato Head.

You are absolutely correct.  "It doesn't always work that way." My sister says that "ugly people make the best looking kids."  So far, Ben and Jessa have beaten the odds. lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

It'll be interesting to see if the two boys keep their looks as they age. Right now, they are really cute, but some of the more attractive adults I know were kinda goofy-looking as a kid. Also, some of the more attractive people I know don't necessarily have good-looking parents. Genetics--it's a crap shoot! 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

You are absolutely correct.  "It doesn't always work that way." My sister says that "ugly people make the best looking kids."  So far, Ben and Jessa have beaten the odds. lol.

Your sister is right!!! That reminds me of a book I saw advertised in people magazine once. I don't remember the girl's name, but her father was a famous athlete, and her mother was a model. You would think she would grow up to be a gorgeous, strong, perfect woman, but she ended up unattractive and overweight her whole life. She wrote a book about those experiences, and I thought it looked like an interesting read, but I never picked it up!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Who knows what they will grow up to look like in any case. Pretty children -boy children - who are just disarmingly lovely in their youth often seem to lose that bloom once their faces mature to manhood. It just doesn't quite add up to a coherent sort of look while children with somewhat awkward features when they are young can grow into devastatingly attractive adults. And, of course, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, plus personality puts its own stamp on a face once it matures to a certain point as well. I always thought that Henry had the potential to be much better looking than Spurgie even back in those Winston Churchill days, and so far he is following that trajectory, but they may both fizzle out at some point, whether or not they eventually find their stride again, looks-wise.

In any case, it's all really about who we are inside, so hopefully they grow up with some semblance of introspection and critical thinking which might lead them from the fundie life. By the looks of things, at least Ben's siblings seem to be challenging the status quo, so maybe there's some hope...

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Who knows what they will grow up to look like in any case. Pretty children -boy children - who are just disarmingly lovely in their youth often seem to lose that bloom once their faces mature to manhood. It just doesn't quite add up to a coherent sort of look while children with somewhat awkward features when they are young can grow into devastatingly attractive adults. And, of course, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, plus personality puts its own stamp on a face once it matures to a certain point as well. I always thought that Henry had the potential to be much better looking than Spurgie even back in those Winston Churchill days, and so far he is following that trajectory, but they may both fizzle out at some point, whether or not they eventually find their stride again, looks-wise.

In any case, it's all really about who we are inside, so hopefully they grow up with some semblance of introspection and critical thinking which might lead them from the fundie life. By the looks of things, at least Ben's siblings seem to be challenging the status quo, so maybe there's some hope...

That also reminds me of older adults who are just so glowingly graceful, and look gorgeous for their age. I've met SO many adults, say 60+, and thought, "what a stunning woman! I bet she was model material in her youth." Then I see a picture of her in her twenties or thirties, and she is totally average, or even unattractive! That happened at my church with a lady who was ONE HUNDRED, and strikingly pretty at that age. She had a birthday party with pictures of herself at every age, and while you could see her beautiful personality shining through the pictures, and she was far from ugly, she was really prettiest at 100! Funny how the same people who are unusually attractive at two or eight aren't the same ones who break the mold at 25, 45, 65, or 105!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

It'll be interesting to see if the two boys keep their looks as they age. Right now, they are really cute, but some of the more attractive adults I know were kinda goofy-looking as a kid. Also, some of the more attractive people I know don't necessarily have good-looking parents. Genetics--it's a crap shoot! 

Agreed. I have noticed this phenomenon, too. I’ve noticed it in general, but I also noticed it with my husband and his brother. Looking at pictures, there is nothing remarkable about my husband as a child, but the brother was such a cutie. Like Spurgeon and Henry cute. I think it’s the larger features that draw the comparison. As an adult, my husband is the looker and the brother is unremarkable. He has a young daughter who is cute, but I bet she will mature into a stunner. She has beautiful red hair with brown eyes - an unusual combo.

To bring it back to topic, you know how no one can keep straight the howler monkey lost boys? It won’t be long before people can’t keep straight this generation, especially since there is a clump of boys. I already don’t remember or immediately recognize the M boys. Poor Jessa when her boys don’t stand out and just run into everyone else. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

She has beautiful red hair with brown eyes - an unusual combo.

I've met a few people with that color combo, and it is indeed very striking!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I think Spurge is going to go full-on Boob once he hits puberty. You can see the similarities lurking below the surface waiting for the right time to pounce. I think Henry looks exactly like Ben's mom and will probably survive the awkward phases. Jessa is a pretty girl, but Duggar genes don't hold up well for males. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've met a few people with that color combo, and it is indeed very striking!

I've always LOVED red hair on girls. I've secretly always wanted a daughter with red hair. I had a serious boyfriend who had it, and I was so excited, because I was so close to maybe getting my wish! Lol. I just think it's soooo pretty!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Spurge is going to go full-on Boob once he hits puberty. You can see the similarities lurking below the surface waiting for the right time to pounce. I think Henry looks exactly like Ben's mom and will probably survive the awkward phases. Jessa is a pretty girl, but Duggar genes don't hold up well for males. 

I can see that. Damn those JB genes are strong--and unfortunate. 

4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I've always LOVED red hair on girls. I've secretly always wanted a daughter with red hair. I had a serious boyfriend who had it, and I was so excited, because I was so close to maybe getting my wish! Lol. I just think it's soooo pretty!

I always thought red hair was so pretty! I have a perhaps weirdly high percentage of friends with natural red hair and was always a bit jealous. LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

That reminds me of a book I saw advertised in people magazine once. I don't remember the girl's name, but her father was a famous athlete, and her mother was a model. You would think she would grow up to be a gorgeous, strong, perfect woman, but she ended up unattractive and overweight her whole life. She wrote a book about those experiences, and I thought it looked like an interesting read, but I never picked it up!

I believe you are referring to Zulekha Haywood, the daughter of model Iman and former pro basketball player, Spencer Haywood.  I once saw her on the Today show with Hoda and Kathy Lee.  She talked about not looking like her mother, her weight issues and having gastric bypass surgery.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I always said Spurge looks exactly like JB.  I bet their baby pictures would be hard to distinguish.  I guess it’s to be expected since Jessa also looks exactly like him too.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I believe you are referring to Zulekha Haywood, the daughter of model Iman and former pro basketball player, Spencer Haywood.  I once saw her on the Today show with Hoda and Kathy Lee.  She talked about not looking like her mother, her weight issues and having gastric bypass surgery.

Thank you!!! I have always wanted to read that book. 

• Love 1

I wonder if stream is coming out of Jessa's ears because Deredick is going to school and building a new house, and Jermeme and Jinger is moving to LA for a new adventure, and Benny is doing nothing major exciting.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if stream is coming out of Jessa's ears because Deredick is going to school and building a new house, and Jermeme and Jinger is moving to LA for a new adventure, and Benny is doing nothing major exciting.

She'd better have girl triplets.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She's probably foaming at the mouth. Jill gets a brand-new house while Jessa's stuck in a petri dish off the freeway? Even though Derelict is a tool, Law School is much more brag-worthy than a Bible Course that's apparently taking Bin a decade to finish. The Seewalds need to step their game up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19