Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was also not aware that sometimes vaccine boosters become necessary even if you have had them all on schedule as a baby/child. My daughter, when she went in for her first prenatal visit, got screened, and was told that she didn't screen as immune to MMR, despite having the  shot record indicating that she'd had all the immunizations. So she will have to get another round after she has the baby and hope that she doesn't run into anyone with any of those diseases in the meantime. Another reason to fear the anti vaxxers.

Almost all vaccinations have a ‘take rate’ of about 90%.  That means about 10% who get them don’t have a detectable immune response and aren’t technically protected (however, after vaccination, even those whose blood work doesn’t indicate immunity will be less likely to catch then disease than the invaccinated, so there is some protection there).  Anyway, the non-responders are of course protected by herd immunity which needs to have about 95% of the population vaccinated to be effective.

It is true that antibody levels can deteriorate over time and those folks are also protected by herd immunity. Rubella (German measles) is particularly dangerous if contracted in pregnancy and it is one of the few vaccines that contains live virus, so we test all pregnant women for it and re-immunize after delivery.  Some of those women were ones who never had an immune response (I’ve had women who’ve been re-vaccinated after every baby and still were rubella negative).  Others had their initial antibody levels decrease over time.

• Love 8

@doodlebug, thank you, as always for weighing in as our medical expert. I learn so much from you.

Back to the world of the Seewalds.  Perhaps living in the Petri dish helps their immunity out.  Their immune systems wouldn’t know how to behave in a clean house. 

Pits like that time on Roseanne, when Dan had to go to the hospital. What’s that smell, Roseanne? It’s The Clean, Dan, don’t get used to it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@doodlebug, thank you, as always for weighing in as our medical expert. I learn so much from you.

Back to the world of the Seewalds.  Perhaps living in the Petri dish helps their immunity out.  Their immune systems wouldn’t know how to behave in a clean house. 

Pits like that time on Roseanne, when Dan had to go to the hospital. What’s that smell, Roseanne? It’s The Clean, Dan, don’t get used to it.

Roseanne is one of my all-time favorite sitcoms.  Those Halloween episodes are classics.

Just curious; does anyone know how it became known that Ben is a germaphobe?  If true, he married poorly.

• Love 4

I'm calling it now: Jessa is pregnant! Look at their newly released thanksgiving photo. She and Ben are near the back, with her belly covered. You can also tell she has her sweater buttoned at the top, but unbuttoned over the bottom. Also no individual pics. Ugh!

• Love 6

Jessa does look pregnant.  Her hair is usually flat and straight during a pregnancy...guess she is too tired to fuss with it?  Or maybe she is just tired with the two kids now. 

But she is far back and covered up...

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

If Jessa is pregnant, will Jilly actually throw herself on the ground and have a tantrum when she finds out? 

Yes.  And, she’ll attempt to get herself knocked up again as soon as she can.  Jessa probably got herself knocked up again so TLC would give them another two seasons.

• Love 8

@Kokapetl Great pictures. The kids look clean,and happy. Henry has his hair combed; even the house is tidy. But the best thing is they have toys. I remember when the 19 kids were growing up they never had many toys. Ben and Jessa do really look like they enjoy their children, unlike the Dullards. Thanks for posting these.

• Love 23

Very cute pictures. But can they read ANY other kind of book besides religion based ones?! I thought "well at least they have one for star gazing" but I looked it up and here's one of the reviews for it:

"5.0 out of 5 starsGreat

ByTracy M. Reichardton January 3, 2014

Format: Hardcover|Verified Purchase

My son got a telescope for Christmas. I found this book on another Christian website, however Amazon had it 10$ cheaper. I am pleased with the price. I am pleased it offers a creation Christian perspective vs evolution. Recommend this book to anyone."

I would not be able to survive in this family. No other books, no TV (!)

I would just whither up and die.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 18
25 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I wonder how long ago that picture was taken, because Jessa doesn't look pregnant.

Recently, I'd assume. It looks like in the photo with a bundled up Henry and Jessa outside that Jessa is wearing the same thing as she was when they took the Happy Thanksgiving family stair photo.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I can't even say how excited it made me to see him playing with that dollhouse which I expect would have been categorized as a toy for girls only by Jim Bob and Michelle. 

It's is awesome to see! I wonder if dumb Derick has said anything to them about a boy playing with a doll house? I'm sure that will never go to the Dullard's if they never have a girl.

The boys are adorable and they do look happy and healthy. I would love for them to be done having kids. They live in a small home that seems to work for them right now and they won't have any girls. Though I would be curious if they had a girl, if Jessa would make her a J'slave? I'm pretty sure Jill would, but not sure about Jessa.

Speaking of the small house. With the Dullard's out of the big house, is anyone in it?  Could Benessa move into it if they had more kids? I'm not sure how big it is or how many bedrooms it has.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Cute pictures indeed. Does anyone know who the woman in the 6th picture is?

Ben's sister, Michelle.

Oops, Lunera beat me to it. That's what I get for not scrolling through. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Very cute pictures. But can they read ANY other kind of book besides religion based ones?! I thought "well at least they have one for star gazing" but I looked it up and here's one of the reviews for it:

"5.0 out of 5 starsGreat

ByTracy M. Reichardton January 3, 2014

Format: Hardcover|Verified Purchase

My son got a telescope for Christmas. I found this book on another Christian website, however Amazon had it 10$ cheaper. I am pleased with the price. I am pleased it offers a creation Christian perspective vs evolution. Recommend this book to anyone."

I read the title of the book underneath it and it said "Guide to Dinosaurs" and I was pleasantly surprised and actually went "Yay! Science!" but then I saw the title of the book below, which looked liked it belonged to the same series, and it was called "Guide to Creation Basics" and I realised that their guide to dinosaurs probably has about the same level of scientific accuracy as The Flintstones.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I'm so confused. Who asked the camera man if what is normal? 

One of the Duggars can't remember which one asked someone on the production team if not vaccinating for chicken pox is normal. He said he couldn't say and seemed embarrassed. I think that's what happened but I'm not sure. That was a very early episode. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I can't even say how excited it made me to see him playing with that dollhouse which I expect would have been categorized as a toy for girls only by Jim Bob and Michelle. 

Danger, danger, out of the proscribed gender role zone!!! TAKE THAT DOLLHOUSE AWAY FROM THAT BOY AND GIVE HIM A TRUCK AND A GUN!

• Love 14
22 hours ago, LilJen said:

Danger, danger, out of the proscribed gender role zone!!! TAKE THAT DOLLHOUSE AWAY FROM THAT BOY AND GIVE HIM A TRUCK AND A GUN!

Or photograph him in a toy dump truck! That will definitely get the word across that he’s a manly man! 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is that IG page stiil around? I followed it on my old account ages ago.

Not sure what account you mean but I saw this picture a long time ago but not sure where. I just Google searched: 'Duggars punk'

• Love 1