Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

That picture is so ghoulish. 

Yup, they might have done better if they set this Pinteresty picture up with some depth. As it is now it almost looks like a bulletin board with Mason Velcroed on it. I can see Jinger standing on their couch as Jana keeps all the young ones at bay, to get this shot. Its about as bad as the photo of Spurge in his manger bed surrounded by Christmas lights.

• Love 11

Am I the only one who finds a heavy looking metal barbell that close to a newborn to be really scary?  What if the baby jerked and it started to roll? 

Unless it has been photoshopped... 

But these are the DUGGARS, and common sense is scarce.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Presumably the baby and assorted props were on a flat, horizontal surface, and the picture was taken from above.

Oh my god, I'm laughing at the idea of this photo being taken head on and they've velcroed a newborn and and bunch of other paraphernalia to a wall. 

My issue with the photo is the odd composition. Everything is so spread out. I get not wanting to endanger a baby (though I've seen worse with newborn photos), but Photoshop is a thing. It'd be really easy to compose the whole photo, shoot it in two layers (one with just Mason and one with the  stuff) and then composite it all together if they were really worried.

Something tells me there wouldn't be.

• Love 11

They did take the pic of Smuganna both kissing the baby. They could have done well to picture As NBA alone. It just looks so band-aid given it's their fifth, and we never got pictures like this for any of their other kids.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Or just take a nice, natural picture of mom and new baby?

Yeah, but I think Pinterest is one of their few "interests." So I suppose we shouldn't judge them too harshly when their Pinterest-derived wedding desserts and baby photos come out looking ridiculous. Poor things don't have any other outlets for expression at all, really. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

More like that plane crash show. 

"How did a stillborn baby, an alarm clock, and a dumbbell cause a 747 to crash? The answer will shock accident investigators, and shake the aviation industry to it's core". 

Dying laughing!

• Love 2
On 9/16/2017 at 11:10 AM, Kokapetl said:

I found the photo ghoulish because it looks like crime scene evidence. 

I found it ghoulish because it looks like the baby isn't alive. It reminds me of the old death pictures from centuries past. 

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I found it ghoulish because it looks like the baby isn't alive. It reminds me of the old death pictures from centuries past. 

Or, a little mummy surrounded by grave goods.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

There was a time in the 90s when there was an infant-picture fad in which they put them in Victorian settings draped with roses and so on, often asleep. I never could figure out whether the photographers and parents realized that the pictures they were mimicking were pictures of dead babies or not. .... Never wanted to ask when somebody proudly showed me one either. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

There was a time in the 90s when there was an infant-picture fad in which they put them in Victorian settings draped with roses and so on, often asleep. I never could figure out whether the photographers and parents realized that the pictures they were mimicking were pictures of dead babies or not. .... Never wanted to ask when somebody proudly showed me one either. 

Oh, ew...I guess I somehow missed that fad. I don't remember ever being put in that position and am very glad for it! Not sure what sort of response I might have misguidedly come up with...

• Love 3

Jessa put up a cute video on IG of Henry rolling around a blanket on the floor playing with a toy car. Except that with what we know about this family, that might not be so cute and innocent.  Clearly, she loves her children and seems like a good mom but she also loves her parents and thinks they did a great job. I hope if she's blanket training that it doesn't involve the rod. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why is Henry even in the playpen?  Where would he go when he doesn't even crawl yet?

He could use it for naps or, maybe if he's not in it, Spurgie gets a little too physical in playing with him.  He can also probably roll over and there are some kids who roll their way into trouble in a heartbeat.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Clearly, she loves her children and seems like a good mom but she also loves her parents and thinks they did a great job. 

Their fans expect the Duggar kids to say JB and Michelle are great; it's part of the fantasy they buy into.  Jessa knows this what the fans and her parents want her to say. It's hard to know what she actually thinks. 

• Love 8

They are adorable little kids.  It's sad to think they'll only get 1/10th or 1/20th of mom & dad's attention, eventually.

If nothing else, Jessa's going to keep popping them out until she gets a girl or four to assume sister-mom duties.  After all, taking selfies while arching her back & pushing out her pregnant belly, is exhausting.  And she has to shop for tight t-shirts each time.  Whew, makes me tired just thinking about it.

• Love 8

Looks to me like Jessa added the second child like a champ. Both boys are clean and happy. I have a feeling she chatters a lot with Spurgeon. She is a stay at home mom, it's only 2 kids and she has a lot of help, but  it looks like, so far, that's a good thing for these little fellas. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

They are adorable little kids.  It's sad to think they'll only get 1/10th or 1/20th of mom & dad's attention, eventually.

If nothing else, Jessa's going to keep popping them out until she gets a girl or four to assume sister-mom duties.  After all, taking selfies while arching her back & pushing out her pregnant belly, is exhausting.  And she has to shop for tight t-shirts each time.  Whew, makes me tired just thinking about it.

If she doesn't have a girl soon, maybe she will re-think having a Michelle-sized litter.  Without Michelle's girl-slaves, I doubt she would have made it through half the howlers.  I'm hoping all the J girls have all boys, or at least boys for the first five or six children.  No need to continue the slave tradition.  Although I can picture Jessa suddenly developing a dislike for gender norms.  Boy children can be just as nurturing as girls, and Spurgeon may become a brother-mom.  At least he seems to have a sweet disposition - as long as they don't do anything yucky-nasty.  LOL.

5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

He could use it for naps or, maybe if he's not in it, Spurgie gets a little too physical in playing with him.  He can also probably roll over and there are some kids who roll their way into trouble in a heartbeat.

Makes sense, but I hope he doesn't spend too much time in there.  If Spurgy is a little too rough, he needs to have some time outs so Henry's world isn't limited to a playpen.  But Jessa seems to be doing very well with these first two.  I hope and pray she has a mental breakthrough and remembers how miserable she was raising/neglecting her younger siblings.  I guess as long as Ben remains a stay at home dad, and the lost girls are available to help, she may continue popping them out yearly.  I was hoping her vanity would limit her output.  Out of the older girls, Jessa is the last one I would have predicted to follow in Michelle's footsteps.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

If she doesn't have a girl soon, maybe she will re-think having a Michelle-sized litter.  Without Michelle's girl-slaves, I doubt she would have made it through half the howlers.  I'm hoping all the J girls have all boys, or at least boys for the first five or six children.  No need to continue the slave tradition.  Although I can picture Jessa suddenly developing a dislike for gender norms.  Boy children can be just as nurturing as girls, and Spurgeon may become a brother-mom.  At least he seems to have a sweet disposition - as long as they don't do anything yucky-nasty.  LOL.

Makes sense, but I hope he doesn't spend too much time in there.  If Spurgy is a little too rough, he needs to have some time outs so Henry's world isn't limited to a playpen.  But Jessa seems to be doing very well with these first two.  I hope and pray she has a mental breakthrough and remembers how miserable she was raising/neglecting her younger siblings.  I guess as long as Ben remains a stay at home dad, and the lost girls are available to help, she may continue popping them out yearly.  I was hoping her vanity would limit her output.  Out of the older girls, Jessa is the last one I would have predicted to follow in Michelle's footsteps.

How old is Henry now? I forget...but he looks big enough that he may actually be crawling already. My daughter was crawling at about 5 or 6 months - speed crawling like a little crab to where she could be hard to keep up with.  And my younger son, who also crawled early, was actually standing up holding onto things and walking himself around the sides of his crib, the furniture etc, by 7 months and took his first steps unaided the day before he turned 9 months...so Henry may be fairly mobile by now. My older son never crawled at all until after he began walking at 11 months and fell down a few times. He then decided to crawl for a month or so before beginning to walk again in earnest. They are  all different.

• Love 5
On 9/13/2017 at 1:51 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

all those photos, I want to be near her with a pair of scissors! I want to chop a minimum of 6 or 7 inches!  

She would look so great with a wavy bob. Something like this would look great on her, cause social media to freak out, set her apart from the other Duggarbots, and get rid of all that scraggly hair maintenance. So of course it'll never happen. Jinger would look great with it too, and there's better odds on her actually doing it.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

I don't have Jinger's curls, but I'm seriously contemplating the shoulder bob when I go in for cut/color on Friday. I could easily blowdry straight or scrunch up the waves I have to make it more piecey like the picture. I wouldn't even be hacking THAT much hair off, maybe 4 inches? 

The only decision for me is long-layers, which might be better for me, or blunt, which I'm sick of. I can't fathom how the Duggar girls aren't sick and tired of on layer, butt-length hair. Ugh. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

She would look so great with a wavy bob. Something like this would look great on her, cause social media to freak out, set her apart from the other Duggarbots, and get rid of all that scraggly hair maintenance. So of course it'll never happen. Jinger would look great with it too, and there's better odds on her actually doing it.

That hair would look great on Jessa! 

• Love 4

My hair at its longest was halfway down my back. It was a pain to wash, dry, and style and was always tangled.  Even when I wasn't working, I had no time for hair.  All these Duggettes do is spend hours a day styling their hair.  They don't go to work, so I guess playing with their manes and taking selfies is their job.  If it was all healthy hair, I wouldn't mind the length, but it's a fried mess. 

I got my long hair bobbed after my dx. Thanks to chemo, my hairstyle is more reminiscent of Sinead O'Connor's now.  It's liberating, but even Texas will feel cold soon. 

• Love 17
On 21/09/2017 at 4:39 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

My hair at its longest was halfway down my back. It was a pain to wash, dry, and style and was always tangled.  Even when I wasn't working, I had no time for hair.  All these Duggettes do is spend hours a day styling their hair.  They don't go to work, so I guess playing with their manes and taking selfies is their job.  If it was all healthy hair, I wouldn't mind the length, but it's a fried mess. 

I got my long hair bobbed after my dx. Thanks to chemo, my hairstyle is more reminiscent of Sinead O'Connor's now.  It's liberating, but even Texas will feel cold soon. 

I’m a guy, and my hair grows long, and I have no fucking idea how women deal with waking up to a knotted mess each morning. Do you all sleep perfectly still?

• Love 2