Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I wonder if Sierra has a certificate from the Arkansas Department of Health to sell food on the Internet which was prepared in her kitchen.  If not, she's breaking the law.

Who wants to break the news to her? LMAO

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the lighting makes her face a little more heart shaped in the other photo. And maybe a little Photoshop?

Jessa-Duggar-Wants-To-Adopt1-665x385.jpg

She looks constipated in that photo, but to be fair, it could be a freeze frame from a video.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

A few other important things for you to know:

• Because of the trauma these children have endured, the agency does not allow corporal punishment.
  • Foster parents will need to recognize the religious beliefs of the foster child and support them in exercising their religious beliefs.

Yeah, I'd say the Duggars would fail on both points.

• Love 5

Jessa is just talking shit for attention.  Notice the timing to political events...Syrian refugees?  Suddenly Jessa is talking about foster children.  yeah, sure, OK. 

Being a foster parent is HARD.  This is not the job for Jessa or Ben.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Lmao it took them a week to announce Spurgeon. 

Whats more likely is they know but shes not telling

find me one person that doesn't talk about what to name their baby!  that starts early on for most people and definitely by this point. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, zoomama said:

find me one person that doesn't talk about what to name their baby!  that starts early on for most people and definitely by this point. 

Actually! I'm never having kids, but I have about 30 names ready for my kids. 

1) they definitely know 

2) They've seen what happens when they let it slip too early (like jessica seewald with spurges birth) and Jessa isnt letting that happen again

• Love 4

Yup. Jessa definitely has everyone on lockdown this time to control how the birth/name are released sold to People as  "exclusives." You know she'll draw the name drama out like she did with Spurge, but I agree that they already have names. Jessa is too much of a "taskmaster" to leave that stone unturned. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yup. Jessa definitely has everyone on lockdown this time to control how the birth/name are released sold to People as  "exclusives." You know she'll draw the name drama out like she did with Spurge, but I agree that they already have names. Jessa is too much of a "taskmaster" to leave that stone unturned. 

In the U.K., Jessa would have been called "Bosdy Boots" by older people. I got called it plenty of times, and I was nowhere near the bossy bitch she is.

• Love 2

I think Jessa has realized her adoring leghumpers will never hold her accountable for any statement she makes, and the general public will see a headline like, "Jessa Duggar becomes foster mom!" and take it at face value. It's a win-win, because the general public will never care enough to read the article and see that it hasn't happened, and the leghumpers will defend her lack of follow through to the death. "How dare u care she ain't become a foster mom? She's got not one but TWOOOO young children don't u think she's got enough on her plate?? All these perfect people on here quick to judge. Have several seats. Smh."

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I forgot Zwingli! There are some Christian "rock stars" (in Ben's world, at least) with some bizarro names. 

I've got it!  Zwingli Switchfoot Seewald.  Switchfoot is actually a pretty cool CCM band...but they are probably still  too worldly for the Duggars...

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Just noticing no logos are showing. Has Starbucks asked them to cease and desist?

I doubt Starbucks gives two fecks about them. I think they were careful to not show the logos because (1) politics and (2) not getting comped and not having a promo deal.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She will draw out the drama and the name will have to be dramatic (horrible) like Spurgeon.  You can't just deliver a normal name like Samuel or Sarah.  There has to be shock value.  Poor kid.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I think Jessa has realized her adoring leghumpers will never hold her accountable for any statement she makes, and the general public will see a headline like, "Jessa Duggar becomes foster mom!" and take it at face value. It's a win-win, because the general public will never care enough to read the article and see that it hasn't happened, and the leghumpers will defend her lack of follow through to the death. "How dare u care she ain't become a foster mom? She's got not one but TWOOOO young children don't u think she's got enough on her plate?? All these perfect people on here quick to judge. Have several seats. Smh."

I agree. Jessa and Josh are the two Duggarlings who have the skills and desire to be TV Reality Stars. But even before Joshgate, Josh got fat and his persona wasn't attractive (he was called "Smuggar" for a reason). Jana's attractive and pleasant, but she's either uninterested in chasing fame, or too busy raising her siblings and running her parents' home. Jill's just a hot mess, and Jinger's a follower who went from depressed and not giving two fecks, to adoring clinger bride. 

With Josh out of play and the rest non-starters, Jessa's got the field to herself. And she will. not. miss a beat. She'll haul her pregnant self and a carload of thrift shop crap all the way to Texas to makeover an apartment, if that's what the show script calls for. She'd strap on a parachute and jump out of a plane if the producers demanded it. 

Jessa's got this, and she'll hold on to the TLC and People contracts with a death grip. I can only imagine the circles of hell into which she consigned Bin's sister for blurting info on SM when Spurge was born/named. Clearly, the whole Seewald clan learned a hard lesson from that. No wonder we don't see or hear from them through the Duggars' media. Either Jessa's banned them or they won't risk the consequences from what would be normal behavior on SM but is a problem when a Reality TV Stah and her exclusive People contracts are involved.

I would be completely unsurprised if Jessa does an Internet FU and has a hospital birth this time, after screwing around for the TLC cameras with Doctor Jill and the Heartbeat Hunt. I'd also not be surprised if she does another home birth (hoping like hell that if she does, neither she nor the baby is harmed by it). Girl's gonna win, whatever she does. She's clever and getting more media savvy all the time.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10

Sierra looks every bit of a fresh faced 45, 

Is she 45?  she does look like the Mom to the bunch of teens.

This red herring about fostering kids--sounds like a good Duggar plan--the Seewalds get the government money and Janarella and JSlaves take care of the kids.  Sounds like a plan (what is it that the polygamous Mormon cults with trillions of kids on welfare call it--"Bleeding the Beast" or something like that)

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Malvina said:

This made me LOL so hard......."babe" ?????  Or did she mean "Babe" himself ?? Either way, funniest shit ever.

Is Jana the only non-gestating member of that group? She also applied Mullet's bronzer all over her countenance. The heavily made-up "friend" is drinking a 500 calorie, artificially-flavored cup of crap. Jessa's may be also....hers looks like it had complicated and bossy instructions written on it.

Anyone know what they're going to be buying 2 of to get the free thing (s)? Jana and clown-make-up will probably be the buying 2....the 2 Counting Ons think they deserve free stuff.

Jessa is so "street" now that she's been to a concert. Sistas. And it's supposed to have an H. Sistahs.

Edited by drafan
3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I feel like this is an old picture.  Jill does not look pregnant.  It could be the angle or another Duggar lie.

Jessa IS a master of misdirection. However, she does look pregnant, so I don't think the picture was taken that long ago. What was the weather in Fayetteville yesterday? I thought the South was having a warm winter (reversal due to California being dumped on in biblical proportions). 

• Love 1
On 2/2/2017 at 5:00 PM, BitterApple said:

Of course $$$ they want to $$$ foster $$$. Blessa probably calculated how much money she could rack up a month by taking a few kids in and they'd give her built-in babysitters for Spurgeon and Spawn #2, so it's a win-win for her. 

It doesn't seem like there's much oversight in Arkansas when it comes to foster and adoption. A judge placed Tyler in the hands of the Duggars, so anything is possible. 

Yep. I have a few social workers in my family (not Arkansas), and there are plenty of people who's entire income comes from fostering a few kids at a time. And as long as the kids aren't being physically abused or severely neglected, those kids don't get removed no matter how otherwise shitty the foster parents are. Jessa and Ben could quite literally use foster children as live in maids and nannies, and as long as they're feeding and clothing them and not hitting them, the state  probably won't do much. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I feel like this is an old picture.  Jill does not look pregnant.  It could be the angle or another Duggar lie.

But she is wearing that horrible gray skirt that got very stretched out with Izzy's pregnancy. I doubt it was a maternity skirt but she sure wore it as one. 

But wouldn't you think the county has the Duggars on their radar due to their celebrity? They'll be checked on their religion; how do they hide the fact that their fundamentalists? The only kids that would fit with them would have to conform to THEM. They won't respect any other religion, or FSM forbid, an atheist, or non-religious family. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But wouldn't you think the county has the Duggars on their radar due to their celebrity? They'll be checked on their religion; how do they hide the fact that their fundamentalists? The only kids that would fit with them would have to conform to THEM. They won't respect any other religion, or FSM forbid, an atheist, or non-religious family. 

No, for a few reasons. First,  as far at the legal system is concerned, there's no reason that most of the Duggars wouldn't be allowed to foster. As long as they're not posting pictures of foster children on social media, their celebrity is a non-issue. They're not so famous that they have paparazzi following them everywhere. 

Second, Arkansas isn't the type of place, politically speaking, that cares much about social services, so chances are good that those services are hugely understaffed and under budget, in addition to just not having enough decent people willing to foster. No matter what the official rules are regarding religion, they just don't have the time to remove  children or the foster parents available to take them in for something that isn't a threat to their physical safety. I highly doubt a Jewish child, for example, would be placed with a Duggar even they were okay with fostering one, but if the child is listed as Christian, it's unlikely that a social worker or judge is going to get hung up on what type of Christian (except maaaaybe Catholic) unless parents complain (parents still rights even when they're children are in foster care).

Third--and I don't know if this varies by state--foster parents are allowed to get very specific about the children they'll foster. They get to specify age, ethnicity, race, religion, even hair and eye color (some people like to pretend they're not racist by requesting only children with blonde hair and blue eyes), etc. Jessa and Ben could go totally out of character and take foster parent classes seriously and decide to only request specific type of Christians to avoid any issues. 

All that said, if those two bring other children into their home, it will be via shady international adoption, NOT foster care. There's no way they'd be willing to care for a non-related child without the public attention, and not being allowed to talk about their foster child's history or parade them in front of the cameras makes foster care a nonstarter. 

ETA: I realize that it sound like I'm saying that the Duggars shouldn't be looked at more closely, and I don't mean that at all! It's just that I don't think it will happen for the reasons I stated. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa IS a master of misdirection. However, she does look pregnant, so I don't think the picture was taken that long ago. What was the weather in Fayetteville yesterday? I thought the South was having a warm winter (reversal due to California being dumped on in biblical proportions). 

KY gal here.  It's currently 19 degrees outside. :-(  It was cold yesterday too.

Edited by farmgal4
Another weather update.
  • Love 1

There are so many Baptists of various iterations in NWA that no one would blink at the Duggars on a religious basis.  Plenty of IFB foster or adopt and the Duggars would list Baptist or IFB on any paperwork and would actually be correct that is the type church they attend.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, awaken said:

Not to mention that many said social workers, etc are likely some form of baptist/Christian as well so wouldn't think twice. 

I agree. I think it's hard to overstate how pervasive the evangical culture is in that area, and many, if not most, social workers would probably think that ANY of the Duggars would be wonderful foster parents due to their endless, loud protestations of faith. I also think, that given her upbringing, Jessa would think nothing of stacking foster children like cord wood into the tiny mold house and ignoring them the way she was ignored.

I think, though, that there are space requirements for foster children, and they would be required to send them to school rather than dump them into the feral swamp of the TTH for "home schooling."

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

KY gal here.  It's currently 19 degrees outside. :-(  It was cold yesterday too.

I saw the Weather Channel for a second or two yesterday. KY was on the cold side of a front. TN and anything south was under it and well into the 60's and 70's. Not sure where AR fell, because they're further west, and I didn't give two fucks to look there. It was 6am and I wanted to know if it was going to rain HERE! (answer, yes)

• Love 1

I'm a LICSW, however I have never worked for DCF. Social workers are trained not consider their personal biases when working with clients. In my area foster families are few and far between and there are a few criteria every family must meet; no corporal punishment, a bed for each child with only same sex kids sharing a bedroom, pass a criminal history check, be CPR certified and agree to oversight and home visits.

I have no idea about public school verses home school as I have never worked with anyone whose child was in foster care that was homeschooled.

They do try and match religious beliefs and culture, but the main objective is to put these kids in safe and loving homes. Right now I'm working with a mom whose daughter happens to be in foster care. The child is biracial and the foster parents are a different race completely. The bio parents do not practice any religion, however have agreed to let their child attend church services with the foster parents.

With that said, the foster system is broken and we all know bad things happen and children are not always placed in great homes.

I really believe the only way Ben & Jessa will follow through on becoming foster parents is if a child falls into their lap. Much the same way M & JB did.

• Love 6