Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I hate it too, but I figured people would recognize it. :D

Her hair was put up pretty much the same length as it was on her wedding day, but the shot was too far away to see how they did it; they were trying a picture of the full gown with train. It looked so much better shorter.

All of those girls, excluding Joy, need to lose about a foot of hair. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They did put her hair up when they "jacked her up" with the veil at the end. 

Did they actually say "jacked her up"? Because around here, "jacked up" is used to mean something like messed up, made ugly, etc. For example, "Many people think that jaw surgery jacked up Derick's face."

While I think all the girls could do with major hair cuts, Jinger seems to be the only one with damaged hair. All the other girls' hair looked fairly healthy and full. Jinger's is all, ah-hem, jacked up.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know why Jinger didn't slick her back into a bun. It would've been much easier to have it out of the way when she was trying to get in and out of those dresses. I've long given up hope that they'll discover the joys of deep conditioner and regular trims. They're determined to have waist length hair even if it's a ratty, unkempt mess.

I kept waiting for a prolonged scene where all the Duggar sisters rush to Jinger's aid when her hair becomes hopelessly snarled in the zipper of her gown, while Michelle stares straight ahead, unsure of where she is, or which one is "Jinger."

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

Did they actually say "jacked her up"? Because around here, "jacked up" is used to mean something like messed up, made ugly, etc. For example, "Many people think that jaw surgery jacked up Derick's face."

While I think all the girls could do with major hair cuts, Jinger seems to be the only one with damaged hair. All the other girls' hair looked fairly healthy and full. Jinger's is all, ah-hem, jacked up.

I know the other references to the phrase. However, they use that same phrase on Say Yes to the Dress, Atlanta, to refer to the bride all done up with hair (if requested) and veil to complete the ensemble. I put it in quotes since it's a known saying, just not one used on *this* bridal episode. HTH :)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I hate that expression. But I don't know why.

I use this term frequently.  In my neck of the woods, "jacked up" means hurt or damaged severely.  It can also be used to denote an unfortunate event or wrongdoing.  For example, a car totaled in an accident would be "jacked up".  If a person was hurt (and subsequently lost) in a fight, one could say "Mary and Sally were fighting...Mary got jacked up".  And if someone stole their friend's bicycle and rode it to said friend's house to have a liaison with friend's significant other, that would be considered "so jacked up".

Funny how this interpretation is applicable.  ?

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

#1 example--"jacked up" teeth (or teefs)

Usage:  Dude, my friend is dating this chick who is a meth-head and her teeth are jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked-up.  She's got summer teeth.  Some are there and some aren't.  

I'd also never heard the term used in connection with bridal wear but then again, I refuse to participate in the Wedding-Industrial Complex.  I have heard it used to denote a car with a hydraulic lift under one side of an axle, an object that is severely damaged, or someone who is on their sixth pregnancy (usage:  Yo, did you hear?  Sean got Mary Ellen jacked up again.  This is the sixth time not counting miscarriages, that poor fucker is never gonna retire.)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wish TLC would do a makeover special for the Duggettes....would love for Carmindy to teach them about light makeup, good skin cleansers...and lop off 8 to 12 inches of their fried, dead hair and give them deep conditioning treatments...

And while she's at it, she could sit down with Michelle and Meri from Sister Wives for a talk about how "Cheeto-Orange" is not a face color unless you're.............a Cheeto.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wish TLC would do a makeover special for the Duggettes....would love for Carmindy to teach them about light makeup, good skin cleansers...and lop off 8 to 12 inches of their fried, dead hair and give them deep conditioning treatments...

Carmindy yes!  But not the dude with the accent who gave everyone a bob. He was the worst. 

• Love 2

That would be awesome.  She is so nice but I personally would like Clinton and Stacey to get a hold of them and their closet.  The snark would keep me going for days.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And while she's at it, she could sit down with Michelle and Meri from Sister Wives for a talk about how "Cheeto-Orange" is not a face color unless you're.............a Cheeto.

...or Trump.

• Love 20

The hair stylist on that show also makes his hair blow-outs SO shiny and healthy looking. I'm always jealous and covet that shiny hair.

eta: Not the English guy that looks like he was in a boy band I mean the other guy I think his name is Ted.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 4

We so miss Clinton and Stacy, and Carmindy.  didn't mind Nick sometimes.  Ted seemed more in tune with the MO.  It would be bliss to see them try and corral the Duggar women into clean and modern styles.  Heads would spin.  All of them.  Think of the TH Clinton and Stacy used to do while the MO was shopping.  Oy.  Would be so much fun.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

The hair stylist on that show also makes his hair blow-outs SO shiny and healthy looking. I'm always jealous and covet that shiny hair.

eta: Not the English guy that looks like he was in a boy band I mean the other guy I think his name is Ted.

Yes, Ted. Loved his work and he was totally dreamy to boot. 

• Love 5

Hmm, is it me or does that blog post sound like the ramblings of a young man who's not too satisfied in life? Whenever he talks about not envying others and being happy because you have Jebus, it sounds like he's really trying to convince himself, not us. 

In many ways Bin is like this hapless, eager puppy who's slowly having the life squeezed out of him. I can see him ten years from now, bitter and jaded with a secret drinking habit, surrounded by crying babies as Jessa shrieks at him to take out the trash.

• Love 10

I doubt he's in school this semester. Remember, he took the semester off when Jessa had Spurge, even though she had him after midterms! This aligns closer with the start of the semester, which, most places, started on Tuesday. 

But homework from last semester? You bet! 

And Ben? You're collecting a LOT of earthly treasure. How about giving some of it away aside from faux football camps and rapping onstage with a guy you hadn't even known for a year? And how about all that TLC money? I'd love to see their charatible giving on their tax returns. I bet that box is pretty empty, all things considered. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

We so miss Clinton and Stacy, and Carmindy.  didn't mind Nick sometimes.  Ted seemed more in tune with the MO.  It would be bliss to see them try and corral the Duggar women into clean and modern styles.  Heads would spin.  All of them.  Think of the TH Clinton and Stacy used to do while the MO was shopping.  Oy.  Would be so much fun.

Even better if you really want to see heads rolling...have the Dugg boys have a "Queer Eye for the Sraight Guy" makeover.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Even better if you really want to see heads rolling...have the Dugg boys have a "Queer Eye for the Sraight Guy" makeover.

I would PAY to see that! Especially Carson dressing them, and Ted teaching them how to COOK! 

• Love 11

I loved What Not To Wear too. However, the show was as much about embracing your body as making better clothing choices. The girls would all look the same if Clinton & Stacy dressed them. Their new uniform would include blazers, knee length skirts and print tops. The biggest improvement would be properly fitting clothes and better footwear and like mentioned above better make-up.

It was a show too, so drastic haircuts and hoochy to office wear made for good TV.

Don't these woman look at pictures of themselves and watch their own shows? I remember going to a Halloween party once and when I looked at the pics a few weeks later I was amazed that I had been walking around with long fried out hair - think blonde curlier Jinger. I don't know why it took a picture of me to realize this, but the lesson stayed with me.

Meri from SW is very much in need of a make-up makeover.

15 minutes ago, Lemur said:

I'm so sick of this little jackwad acting like he hit a homerun when he started off on second.

Sorry but to me he hasn't found his way to the plate yet. He keeps getting lost on the way there.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Hmm, is it me or does that blog post sound like the ramblings of a young man who's not too satisfied in life? Whenever he talks about not envying others and being happy because you have Jebus, it sounds like he's really trying to convince himself, not us. 

In many ways Bin is like this hapless, eager puppy who's slowly having the life squeezed out of him. I can see him ten years from now, bitter and jaded with a secret drinking habit, surrounded by crying babies as Jessa shrieks at him to take out the trash.

It reads to me like he is justifying not having a job.

• Love 8

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”   - Matthew 6:19-21

...and also do not lay your treasures in a huge unruly pile on your ottoman.....

• Love 13

I didn't post this yesterday because I thought it was so lame and contrived. Then, in the shower - where I do my best thinking - I thought about the tight  facial shot. I wonder if Jessa has already spat out their second blessing and they are hiding it for PR reasons? Because otherwise, she's all about flouting that bump, no matter the occasion. 

• Love 7
On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 2:54 PM, toodles said:

http://theseewaldfamily.com/blog?ID=83b47dbe-f2db-49a4-a697-082093b20f18

Pinhead Bin is pontificating again.

What would he know about your car being repossessed or not making rent.  All his "blessing" are the result of the Duggar famewhoring.  

Shut up Bin.

"For many of us, this may look like working a tough, grueling, 9-5 job to provide for our families"

Someone needs to tell Bin to speak about things he KNOWS personally. If it is not 'deemed as' (<he likes to use 'sermony' speech} sincere, why should people listen? It just sounds like bullshit. He is really unnatural in his speech and unbelievable in his topic.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't post this yesterday because I thought it was so lame and contrived. Then, in the shower - where I do my best thinking - I thought about the tight  facial shot. I wonder if Jessa has already spat out their second blessing and they are hiding it for PR reasons? Because otherwise, she's all about flouting that bump, no matter the occasion. 

It's possible.  Jessa looks really tired in that video.  

7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Ben is back to styling his hair like a hat. 

He must be using Jim Bob's barber.  A two-for-one deal?

Dang, Jessa...you are losing your "looks" fast.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She can't hide how much she's angling and filtering those Instagram pics if she's live. Girl is a whale this time without her Kardashian selfie skills.

• Love 3