Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

At least Jessa isn't trying to make Spurgie into a Manly Man by cutting his hair into a business man's style.  I'm quite sure chopping block  Waller baby will have an army haircut, to match his Polo shirt and khaki pants, by age 6 months.

• Love 9

Whenever I see Spurge, he just reminds me of baby Damien in "The Omen".  It's probably the hair and the hats! And the smirk he sometimes has.  The funny thing is Jessa would never know about the similarity, doubt she has seen that movie! Of all people her holy child may resemble is the son of Satan. IMO!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He's an adorable baby...and unlike most of the Lost Children at the TTH, he looks clean, well fed, and well cared for.  I'll give Jessa credit where it's due. She seems to enjoy her baby.

I don't know. I thinking feeding and bathing children is a basic requirement of parenting. I'll give her credit when he attends nursery school, plays with other children, goes to museums, attends school, swims in a bathing suit, plays sports, takes dance ...

He is adorable though.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

That kid is so cute!  Could Jessa actually be in the grocery store without her accountability partner?  Just a mom and her kid?

I don't think married women need accountability partners. A person is only apt to go Nike and shoot up heroin, swing a machete and have an orgy in the middle of Wal-mart if they're single. 

Jessa is a much more attentive mom than I'd ever have expected, and Spurg usually looks clean, fed, behaved, etc., BUT I absolutely HATE IT when people take kids who can walk out in public with no shoes. If they're big enough to run off, put some shoes on their feet.

Spurg is cute, but already has had Arrogant Duggar Smug Smirk.

• Love 12
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I don't know. I thinking feeding and bathing children is a basic requirement of parenting. I'll give her credit when he attends nursery school, plays with other children, goes to museums, attends school, swims in a bathing suit, plays sports, takes dance ...

He is adorable though.

I realize all those things are basic requirements of parenting, but these are Duggars. Jessa is consistent with it, or at least has the sense to only post photos showing him looking like a new penny. Jill, not so much, though the Giant White Baby wouldn't have gotten to be that big if he wasn't well fed.

Yes, I totes agree with you that I'll only keep saying Jessa is doing a good job if she lets Spurge do normal things every other kid gets to do. Since she wasn't allowed to herself, I don't know what she thinks about all of that.  She'd only spew Gothard speak as long as she's affixed to Daddy's teat. Jessa is canny enough to know what side her bread is buttered on.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I doubt it as I was at a wedding 6 years ago and they had them there.

I guess it keeps kids from handling them and solves the dilemma of a to go container. Fundies do everything a little late..it takes a decade before they even hear about something new.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, louannems said:

Does he count as an accountability partner?

6 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Whenever I see Spurge, he just reminds me of baby Damien in "The Omen".  It's probably the hair and the hats! And the smirk he sometimes has.  The funny thing is Jessa would never know about the similarity, doubt she has seen that movie! Of all people her holy child may resemble is the son of Satan. IMO!

Yes! He is Damian.

• Love 1
On 1/13/2017 at 1:17 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jesus was a practical guy, but fundies are more concerned with your spiritual health rather than your physical well-being. 

Re:  The toiletries.  I use to travel quite a lot on business and I always saved the little shampoos and stuff for my local women's shelter.  I usually dropped off my stuff a couple of times a year.

They could have used the money they spent on the bags and bought something useful. This kind of waste makes me stabby.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, toodles said:

Re:  The toiletries.  I use to travel quite a lot on business and I always saved the little shampoos and stuff for my local women's shelter.  I usually dropped off my stuff a couple of times a year.

They could have used the money they spent on the bags and bought something useful. This kind of waste makes me stabby.  

I used to be a flight attendant and my airline did the same. We kept a box in the crew lounge for employees to deposit the toiletries we would save from the hotels and they would get donated to a battered women's shelter. 

I think the devotional book was a passive-aggressive jab. It was like saying the heathen single mothers didn't deserve anything else because of their "sinful" behavior. Simlilar to how the poor brown people in Danger America don't get candy and soccer balls until they sit through one of Derrick Dullard's sermons. You don't want to hear the message, then no soup for you! Their version of giving always comes with strings attached.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I used to be a flight attendant and my airline did the same. We kept a box in the crew lounge for employees to deposit the toiletries we would save from the hotels and they would get donated to a battered women's shelter. 

I think the devotional book was a passive-aggressive jab. It was like saying the heathen single mothers didn't deserve anything else because of their "sinful" behavior. Simlilar to how the poor brown people in Danger America don't get candy and soccer balls until they sit through one of Derrick Dullard's sermons. You don't want to hear the message, then no soup for you! Their version of giving always comes with strings attached.

You mean like this?

• Love 5
10 hours ago, louannems said:

At least Jessa isn't trying to make Spurgie into a Manly Man by cutting his hair into a business man's style. 

IIRC, he has some of the strangest ears that I've ever seen on a baby. So.... hurray for the curls. I hope he keeps them.

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Good for you, Ben. Now try talking to your in-laws about their fear of POC. 

POC?

OK Bin, aren't only certain Christians really Christians in your estimation?

But chops for saying racism is diametrically opposed to Christianity...his little sermon kind of went downhill after that.

• Love 3

"The Christian is one who has been redeemed by shear mercy of God--not for anything in us--so any boasting in self and in the flesh is utterly hateful to God."

This means be humble Ben. Maybe you and Jessa should look it up.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

"The Christian is one who has been redeemed by shear mercy of God--not for anything in us--so any boasting in self and in the flesh is utterly hateful to God."

This means be humble Ben. Maybe you and Jessa should look it up.

Looks like Bin also needs a grammar class to go along with his theology studies.

• Love 5

I still think little Spurge is adorable.  He does rock a man bun,  Better than Uncle Derick.  He has a nice shape to his head.  Sometimes babies who are left to lie in an infant carrier all day have flat heads.  So maybe he is held a lot.  His little party is coming to an end soon.  

• Love 8

He is a cutie. What a shame he's the first of many and once his sibling is born, his mommy is going to be too tired/busy/stressed to focus on what a uniquely awesome little guy he is.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

He is a cutie. What a shame he's the first of many and once his sibling is born, his mommy is going to be too tired/busy/stressed to focus on what a uniquely awesome little guy he is.

I hope for this precise reason that she figures out that just because it is biologically possible to have 19 kids, that it doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Certainly, she remembers 14 kids, one bathroom, love offerings of food, and those dreadful, homemade prairie frumpers. Princess Prickly Pear is not doing that again.

• Love 8
On 1/17/2017 at 7:08 AM, frenchtoast said:

I see "shear mercy of God" and all I can picture are big, glowing scissors in the sky.

One of the other Duggars should really proofread Bin's posts before he hits "send."

BWAHAHAHA...never mind.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I still think little Spurge is adorable.  He does rock a man bun,  Better than Uncle Derick.  He has a nice shape to his head.  Sometimes babies who are left to lie in an infant carrier all day have flat heads.  So maybe he is held a lot.  His little party is coming to an end soon.  

He seems to be held a lot by Ben. I've not seen anything from Jessa yet to convince me he's not a cute little prop. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Nysha said:

Speaking of unique, did anyone catch the "advice" Papa Vuolo gave to Ben and Derek in this week's episode?  About how each child is unique and parents should treasure each one in their own way?  I have a feeling he doesn't really like Jim Bob or Michelle and this "advice" was a thinly veiled slam.  What parent WOULD like them after their child's income potential and their home were insulted on national TV?  Not to mention the ridiculous restrictions placed upon their grown adult child...restrictions that call into question said child's integrity and inability to control their hormones?  Oh yeah, and the 50-page privacy-intrusive questionnaire...

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think I am going to have to send them a big bottle of Prell to share at the TTH.  Actually two bottles so they can have one for the boy's shower.  So much greasy hair this episode, yuck.  Maybe I should send them a whole case considering the number of people and the miles of hair involved. Throw in a few jars of Stridex Medicated Pads, while I'm at it. 

Speaking of "yuck,"the little striped dress Josie was wearing when she climbed up on Jinger's lap on the bed was just filthy.  Can't they pop that child into a clean outfit for filming?  Sheesh.  I'm gonna have to add a tub of Oxyclean to that order.

And Jinger's hair looked like a rat's nest while she was trying on gowns ... I'll add a couple of hairbrushes to my care package, too.

What a slovenly bunch of people they are were in this episode.  Mrs. Vuolo looked like she was from an entirely different planet. One with lots of hot water and SOAP. 

You said it so much more eloquently than I could have.  I will chip in on the basket!!  I'm thinking they will need monthly shipments....

Jinger's hair was a fucking mess!   It was thin, greasy and fried all at the same time!   No one is going to want to try on any of those dresses after her gross hair was all over them.

• Love 3

I don't know why Jinger didn't slick her back into a bun. It would've been much easier to have it out of the way when she was trying to get in and out of those dresses. I've long given up hope that they'll discover the joys of deep conditioner and regular trims. They're determined to have waist length hair even if it's a ratty, unkempt mess.

• Love 3

I've always had kind of a soft spot for Jessa. Every big family has a "brat" and she is the Queen Brat of the Duggars. With Jessa, what you see is what you get.  And from what we all can tell, she seems to embrace motherhood. She's actually good at it and gets a kick out of Spurgy. Well, ok, since we're here to snark, what else does she have to do? It's not like she's working. And she has plenty of support and built-in babysitters when she needs to do a Starbucks run. (But she wins the cutest baby lottery...)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know why Jinger didn't slick her back into a bun. It would've been much easier to have it out of the way when she was trying to get in and out of those dresses. I've long given up hope that they'll discover the joys of deep conditioner and regular trims. They're determined to have waist length hair even if it's a ratty, unkempt mess.

They did put her hair up when they "jacked her up" with the veil at the end. 

• Love 1