Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Just so I don't send everyone down the rabbit hole and risk the mods' "shears of mercy", I found this little treat as to how the Duggettes seem to be weary of having every moment of their lives documented and reenacted.  You be the judge, but IMO, I don't think Princess Prickly Pear is over her famewhoring ways one bit.  Spurgie's man bun pics ended up in People, so this little minx is far from being over herself.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/01/duggar-daughters-are-they-getting-sick-of-the-spotlight/

• Love 3

I love how their proof of Jessa wanting privacy is that she's taking fewer pregnancy selfies this time around. They don't know anything about Jessa. She's taking fewer pictures because she's gained a ton of weight and isn't looking as cute and firm as she did with her first pregnancy. If she looked like Alyssa Bates right now, she'd be posting selfies around the clock. 

• Love 8

It's all calculated. Jessa knows more viewers brings more advertisers which brings more money and more years of being filmed. She thinks she is creating more interest and suspense. That she is such a celebrity that all will tune in or buy a magazine when the big announcement is made.

Jessa is as likely to pull back from any type of media as is Trump.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa is as likely to pull back from any type of media as is Trump.

This is an interesting point as both claim to revile the media, while at the same time using said media to suit themselves.

I for one am happy not to see too many of her preggo selfies this time around. Last time, you would have thought that she was the only woman who had ever been pregnant or given birth. It was as though she fancied herself as the Fundy version of the Virgin Mary.

That said, I wish her an easy and safe delivery without complications.

• Love 9

I think that for the lot of them, they want that TLC money without any of the criticism, which is likely true for everyone at all levels of celebrity. More specifically to the kidults, I've long believed that most of them hate the falseness and reenactments, so that aspect of the article I believe. Jim Bob and Michelle made a lot of compromises with TLC and let them set a lot of the rules. Remember when Ana's BIL said that the sex talk between JB and Josh before Josh's wedding was totally staged at TLC's insistence? I think that kind of thing has always been the norm for the show.  The producers tell them what they want to see, and JB agrees to it. And I suspect the kids are tired of it, not because they're particularly principled, but because they want to let their fundie freak flag fly. They're arrogant enough to want to say exactly what they think and believe on camera and still get paid for it.  Out of all the them, Jessa might be the one most willing to play the game for the paycheck, but when you consider stark difference between all of the social media posts and the way they act on camera? Even compare their posts to the official Duggar blog and fb, which are pretty low-key...the kidults want to be honest on camera but can't, so they let their hatefulness shine online. 

I don't believe for a second that any of them except for Jana want the cameras to go away, they just want to cameras there on their terms, without the producers telling them what to do. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

don't believe for a second that any of them except for Jana want the cameras to go away, they just want to cameras there on their terms, without the producers telling them what to do. 

Then, what they need to do is get a show on CBN or TBN or some other Fundyland channel, where their opinions would be more welcome than on TLC.

• Love 1

But when it comes down to it, what alternative do they have? Toilet scrubbing or having a camera follow you around? Tatertot casserole or Chick-fil-A? Even if Ben manages to become some kind of pastor, once TLC is gone so is their cushy life. 

• Love 4

Even located at the proverbial "buckle on the Bible Belt", Bin will not have too many followers unless he moderates his message to gain enough of an audience to keep him, Princess ? Prickly Pear and their growing brood in a relatively comfortable life vs love offerings on their doorstep, a perpetually stopped up cludgie, thrift shop finds and homemade prairie frumpers, and 14 crammed into a house that fits 3.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I love how their proof of Jessa wanting privacy is that she's taking fewer pregnancy selfies this time around. They don't know anything about Jessa. She's taking fewer pictures because she's gained a ton of weight and isn't looking as cute and firm as she did with her first pregnancy. If she looked like Alyssa Bates right now, she'd be posting selfies around the clock. 

Plus during her last pregnancy, she thought her show was over for good, and wanted the attention since there was no filming. 

• Love 4

Jessa is being coy with her pregnant selfies.  HER name is heavily featured in Counting On.  She wants viewers.  Holding back and making people beg for it is the strategy now.

When Jessa had Spurgie, that was before the Josh Molestation came out?  She was pregnant on Megyn, right?  So that pregnancy was 19 Kids & Counting. Her family's show and things were solid for them at TLC.

This pregnancy is a totally different strategy.  They are struggling to make this show work. Things are not so roses and rainbows.  

5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jessa is being coy with her pregnant selfies.  HER name is heavily featured in Counting On.  She wants viewers.  Holding back and making people beg for it is the strategy now.

When Jessa had Spurgie, that was before the Josh Molestation came out?  She was pregnant on Megyn, right?  So that pregnancy was 19 Kids & Counting. Her family's show and things were solid for them at TLC.

This pregnancy is a totally different strategy.  They are struggling to make this show work. Things are not so roses and rainbows.  

She actually had Spurgie in November 2015, and Joshgate was in May, while the show was cancelled in July. She announced her pregnancy at the end of the prior season, but thought footage from the pregnancy would never air. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Then, what they need to do is get a show on CBN or TBN or some other Fundyland channel, where their opinions would be more welcome than on TLC.

Yes, but the paychecks wouldn't be as large and without the wider exposure of TLC, the big print media outlets like People and US Weekly wouldn't be nearly as interested in covering them.

• Love 1
On 1/22/2017 at 11:06 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Honestly, that's a great idea. They can have a once a week church service-type show, where Jeremy, Derrick, and Bin all give a sermon, the family sings some songs, the kids do little reality skits for Jesus, and the girls show off Pinterst-type designs/crafts/outfits/desserts. Lots of prayers, plugs for Jesus, big time grifting ala Jim & Tammy Fay Bakker. 

• Love 1

Apparently Guinn wrote the post in a heated moment because she was disgusted by Madonna and Ashley Judd and all the women wearing disgusting looking hats resembling pussys in response DT's nasty comment. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Apparently Guinn wrote the post in a heated moment because she was disgusted by Madonna and Ashley Judd and all the women wearing disgusting looking hats resembling pussys in response DT's nasty comment. 

She may not like the name, but the hats look nothing like lady bits...they are cat ears...I guess Guinnie is one of those women who never looked at herself in the mirror.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She may not like the name, but the hats look nothing like lady bits...they are cat ears...I guess Guinnie is one of those women who never looked at herself in the mirror.

I didn't get it either. I guess cat=pussy

• Love 3

Bin has 874,000 people follow him on Instagram. 110,000 follow him on twitter. He is on conservative reality show with a million viewers.  He is putting himself out there as a speaker for different events to build a resume and he did make an effort at legitimacy by taking courses. Could he make money on Patreon?

36 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes...in more genteel times, until maybe 30 to 40 years ago, a cat was often called pussycat, pussy, or puss and it was perfectly polite to say so

38 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I still refer to my cats that way. Nothing sexual about it.

• Love 6

Ladies like Guinn don't think about their ladyparts, other than when they're giving birth. I'm with Arwen; I doubt she's even seen a drawing in a doctor's office, simply because these people avoid going to real doctors like the plague. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dear lord, this is really happening. 

Quick glance at this and I thought Bin was holding a beer. It's just his pocket protector or backstage pass or something haha, but for a moment I thought wheee... oh nope.

• Love 4
On 1/22/2017 at 10:23 PM, awaken said:

Ben speaking on submission?  I think my head is going to explode. And "2 follow him"- seriously?  Grow up, young man, and live some life, before you start preaching to others 

Ben speaking on submission = what did Jessa do to 'defy' him. When fundie pastors start speaking on submission, it usually means somebody is 'out of line' and defied them. Could mean anything from Jessa (or anyone in their 'flock') not jumping on command, to her putting the peanut butter on top of the jelly, instead of the jelly on top of the peanut butter when she made his sammich.

17 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Ben speaking on submission = what did Jessa do to 'defy' him. When fundie pastors start speaking on submission, it usually means somebody is 'out of line' and defied them. Could mean anything from Jessa (or anyone in their 'flock') not jumping on command, to her putting the peanut butter on top of the jelly, instead of the jelly on top of the peanut butter when she made his sammich.

Maybe Jessa is commanding him study up because he isn't making her submissive enough. And while it's fresh in his brain he can preach it to others.

24 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What flock does Bin have?

18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Actually, there were women marching in headgear that looked like vulvas. My Fox News Republican family & friends are spamming my Facebook feed with outraged pictures of them.

• Love 5

Shoot I missed the vulva headgear pictures.  Besides, given how crummy their basic biology education was, not to mention their lack of sexual finesse, how would these numbnuts know what vulvae look like?

• Love 4
On 1/22/2017 at 4:01 PM, Marigold said:

No. She had just announced she was pregnant (and was 3 months) when the scandal broke.  I think they had just announced on 19 K&C (trying to remember). They aired Is's birth around mother's day and were teasing the next season which they weren't ready to air when the scandal broke and people started protesting. Then in July they were cancelled, although the new show was announced a few months later. Spurgeon was born in November so she was pregnant through all this. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

Actually, there were women marching in headgear that looked like vulvas. My Fox News Republican family & friends are spamming my Facebook feed with outraged pictures of them.

This makes no sense. If a person is outraged by vulva headgear, which I agree, look pretty ridiculous, then why spread the photos and show them more? 

• Love 3

I guess his flock is his audience, not just family, but fans from the show and social media

Instagram:

Gloria Steinem has 164k followers, Bin has 874K. Whether we agree with him or not, it's a mistake to disregard his audience. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, louannems said:

I am shocked bin has that many followers!!!

Maybe that is an alternative fact!

On my way to the prayer closet ...

Edited by Westiepeach
because I know the difference between "my way" and "way way." Sheesh.
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Whoa, Bin.  Ditch your day job as a pompous Tweeter/part-time rapper wannabe.  Looks like modeling is your real calling.

He really does think he's hot, and very much on the cutting edge.  

• Love 2