Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I just have to ask ...

I've had a couple of baby showers and have been to a couple of dozen. A few have been at restaurants/halls with nicely decorated tables, but most have been in homes. With the exception of a couple which were decorated within a balloon and streamer of being overly decorated, most had maybe a giant balloon or a balloon bouquet, and a tastefully decorated gift table. 

Oh my, that banner. WTF?

... what kind of decorations have you all experienced at baby showers?

I've known other people who had showers for other babies, usually since friends or people they worked with offered to throw a baby shower.

Now  who is the other lady in the picture with Jessa and Sierra?

Edited by Temperance

130 people attended? More like 30 maybe (with at least 10 of them being little girls). I suppose the other other 100 people didn't want to be on camera or maybe they hightailed it out of the TTH when they saw the crappy food lol

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

That is the shortest dress I've seen on Jessa.

That is quite a costume on the blonde.  (Was she the blindfolded pregnant shower girl)?

There could be a fetus hiding in Sierra's moo-moo.

That's the Tacos4Life's GM's wife. And yes, I think it's her; she and Jessa seem pretty tight. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

According to an article in the UK Daily Mail, Jessa donated the gifts from the baby shower to a pro-life group.

Amazing, glad to see this. Maybe there is hope for the Seewalds after all.

• Love 2

It means the taco shop is owned by godly, god-fearing people who have a servant's heart.  They give a tiny percentage of profits to a godly cause.  If you eat their tacos, you too can contribute to the new life people get when they have jesus in their hearts.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, louannems said:

It means the taco shop is owned by godly, god-fearing people who have a servant's heart.  They give a tiny percentage of profits to a godly cause.  If you eat their tacos, you too can contribute to the new life people get when they have jesus in their hearts.

So do they actually give a percent as a sacrifice, or do they drive up the cost of tacos so they're profiting the same, and give the extra as their write off? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

According to an article in the UK Daily Mail, Jessa donated the gifts from the baby shower to a pro-life group.

Sierra's sign said something to that effect. Check out the TLC photo gallery. I don't think gifts were intended for Jessa in the first place, but meant to be donated. 

I take back what I said about the grift. I hadn't seen the pictures aside from the one I posted above. 

• Love 4
On 1/11/2017 at 4:42 PM, sheshark said:

Derick Dillard‏@derick4Him:

"I'll root for Clemson because they're ORANGE! #gopokes #maybenextyear"

I guess this means the end isn't all that near.

May also explain his choice of presidential candidate. 

• Love 4

Apparently, they made care packages for women at a pregnancy crisis shelter consisting of a pen and devotional book

Blerrrgggggg. How about adding some nice toiletries.  I think Jesus likes toiletries.....

What does "tacos4life" even mean?  Like a pro- life taco store, or eating tacos for one's entire life?

Oh my God, I never even considered that this meant "pro life". That is ridiculously tacky to include that in your restaurant's name.  

Party spread=  ALERT ALERT PINTREST  MASON JARS EVERYWHERE--- ALERT!!!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Boy that spread of food was impressive not what did people eat a quarter teaspoon per person?

Seriously, that fresh veggie tray is super small, but then...these are the Duggars.

So the cupcake in a mason jar...do you eat it with a spoon out of the jar?  My Pinterest account is dusty, I didn't know that was a thing.

• Love 6

The display itself actually isn't that bad, nothing fancy of course, but clean and presentable. There's no way that's the Duggars' work.

I didn't know cupcakes in a mason jar is a "thing" but then again, I'm not a Pinterest devotee so most of these trends go right over my head.

23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Seriously, that fresh veggie tray is super small, but then...these are the Duggars.

So the cupcake in a mason jar...do you eat it with a spoon out of the jar?  My Pinterest account is dusty, I didn't know that was a thing.

It may have been a thing a couple years ago?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The display itself actually isn't that bad, nothing fancy of course, but clean and presentable. There's no way that's the Duggars' work.

I didn't know cupcakes in a mason jar is a "thing" but then again, I'm not a Pinterest devotee so most of these trends go right over my head.

It's Sierra's handiwork. She's shown leading the charge putting up signs in the TLC pictures, and that spread, including the stupid cookie, has her name written all over it. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's a giant cookie. Remember, Jessa hates cake.

Are we sure Jessa "hates cake"?

Or do we think it's more likely that all of the Duggars have had it drummed into them by Mere and Pere Duggar that "they hate cake, because cake is expensive to make and bake, thus easier to train nineteen individuals to believe they "hate cake"?"  I ask this because I've had friends who told me they "hated" Snack Food A, only to eat it with me on a picnic, and since then said friends and I have downed about 200 packages of said "hated" snack food together.

• Love 4

Jill and Jinger both had cakes at their wedding. Jill served small slices of sheetcake to most guests, and Jinger had cupcakes for the masses. But they both had a real cake. I think Anna did as well. Jessa is definitely the outlier here, not to mention that she SAID she doesn't like cake, hence that disastrous ice cream bar in a freezing parking lot. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill and Jinger both had cakes at their wedding. Jill served small slices of sheetcake to most guests, and Jinger had cupcakes for the masses. But they both had a real cake. I think Anna did as well. Jessa is definitely the outlier here, not to mention that she SAID she doesn't like cake, hence that disastrous ice cream bar in a freezing parking lot. 

Good point.  I was extrapolating from the fact there's never any free birthday cake that appears, just free drippy sundaes.  Plus I've had a fever for 4 days straight...

• Love 2

What? I would grab one of those mason jar cupcakes, try to sneak a few more home, AND ask for the recipe! mmmm

12 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Counting-On-Jessa-Shower-2016-9.png

What gender does green represent?

I just want to add, Thank you for posting photos. everything is so much easier when the photo is in the thread.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

What? I would grab one of those mason jar cupcakes, try to sneak a few more home, AND ask for the recipe! mmmm

I just want to add, Thank you for posting photos. everything is so much easier when the photo is in the thread.

Aren't those table decorations recycled from the Tabitha engagement/ pray in the new year shindig?

Maybe this was a staged photo before they loaded up the table with enough food, or maybe only certain guests get to eat, because Duggars.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2

Spurge

What happened to the side window by the door?  I don't remember it looking like that cheap aluminum replacement stuff. It almost looks like one of those things you put in sliding doors so you can have a doggy door, but I don't see a doggy door (and can't imagine them having one).  Wonder if the original got broken and this was the cheap replacement JB chose.

Why are all the desserts crammed on one end of the Industrial counter?  It isn't like they don't have counter space.  The whole thing not being covered with the brown paper bothers me too.  They could have taken it all the way to the sink, and if there wasn't enough food, covered the paper with cute pictures.  They do at least have some drawing skills.

Looking through the TLC pictures - why are only the Desserts out in the common room?  Why is the main course back in the industrial kitchen?  It looks like they actually did have enough food - the soup, salad, saw a plate of garlic bread.  They just didn't make each dessert for all 130 guests.  Instead it looks like they made 130 desserts total.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

Spurge

What happened to the side window by the door?  I don't remember it looking like that cheap aluminum replacement stuff. It almost looks like one of those things you put in sliding doors so you can have a doggy door, but I don't see a doggy door (and can't imagine them having one).  Wonder if the original got broken and this was the cheap replacement JB chose.

Why are all the desserts crammed on one end of the Industrial counter?  It isn't like they don't have counter space.  The whole thing not being covered with the brown paper bothers me too.  They could have taken it all the way to the sink, and if there wasn't enough food, covered the paper with cute pictures.  They do at least have some drawing skills.

Looking through the TLC pictures - why are only the Desserts out in the common room?  Why is the main course back in the industrial kitchen?  It looks like they actually did have enough food - the soup, salad, saw a plate of garlic bread.  They just didn't make each dessert for all 130 guests.  Instead it looks like they made 130 desserts total.

Very strange shower indeed. No Jinger, no Meechelle, no Famy, no Anna. At least not in the pictures. I think this is Sierra's new "gig" - I took a look at her blog and she has cut back on the chocolate covered strawberries business, hence none at this shower. Well you know the Duggars, they do things a little different. 

5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Blerrrgggggg. How about adding some nice toiletries.  I think Jesus likes toiletries.....

Oh my God, I never even considered that this meant "pro life". That is ridiculously tacky to include that in your restaurant's name.  

Party spread=  ALERT ALERT PINTREST  MASON JARS EVERYWHERE--- ALERT!!!!

Never had kids but wouldn't pads be a good thing to donate to struggling women that have just given birth?  If it were me, I would toss in some condoms but I AM an atheist heathen.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am thinking pickins are slim because either Sierra had to pay for the spread herself or someone tossed her a $20 and she had to make due.  It looks like I had more food at my Xmas spread for 9 people than she did for 130 people who were expected to bring gifts.

5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

*snip*

Jesus was a practical guy, but fundies are more concerned with your spiritual health rather than your physical well-being. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Never had kids but wouldn't pads be a good thing to donate to struggling women that have just given birth?  If it were me, I would toss in some condoms but I AM an atheist heathen.  

No, having to worry about pads and hygiene should be part of your penance for giving away pieces of your heart and becoming "pieces of chewed gum". Duggars are all about slut shaming. And remember, it's all about the fetus and birthing it--not anything about the comfort or dignity of a woman or that she even knows her own mind.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Easier for some. Sometimes my pages won't load or just keep moving when there are too many pics posted. YMMV.

I prefer to post only the image, but sometimes the Instagram captions or Facebook captions are relevant. They're the parts that make browsers crash. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Very strange shower indeed. No Jinger, no Meechelle, no Famy, no Anna. At least not in the pictures. I think this is Sierra's new "gig" - I took a look at her blog and she has cut back on the chocolate covered strawberries business, hence none at this shower. Well you know the Duggars, they do things a little different. 

No Seewalds either. Maybe everyone is over Jessa. Or they didn't feel like shlepping to a party where you have to fight for a single potato chip. Judging by the pictures I saw, the shower was boring as hell. The posed pics looked "forced festive" and the candid shots showed people bored out of their minds in the background. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The posed pics looked "forced festive" and the candid shots showed people bored out of their minds in the background. 

How is this different from any other event these Fundies put on, other than to Internet FU us all that they "do too!" (have fun in Fundieland).

• Love 4
On 1/12/2017 at 10:43 PM, louannems said:

Many of the heathen places I frequent do the same regularly. So FYI tacos4life- you're not that special. 

12 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Our former church used to include McDonald's gift cards in the toiletries and devotional book bags.  

• Love 1