Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

In this thread, we are discussing Kelly Dodd.  We are not discussing 1) all Orange County residents; 2) our personal experiences trying to get a covid vaccine; 3) our personal thoughts about vaccines, testing or masks. Head to Small Talk for 2 or 3. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Marley said:

Kelly is spouting off all these opinions now because she’s with Rick. She’s an idiot lol I’m sure she believes whatever he tells her.

Yes, she is. She goes wherever the money is that can take care of her. 

Oh wait, I forgot.... according to Kelly,  she's a multimillionaire in her own right, from businesses she's owned. And I'm a Victorias Secret model.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I can't even begin to describe the mess that is Kelly Dodd. Why does she continue to make offensive statements, then pretend to apologize, then double down. Wash, rinse, repeat. She just needs to go the hell away.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I can't even begin to describe the mess that is Kelly Dodd. Why does she continue to make offensive statements, then pretend to apologize, then double down. Wash, rinse, repeat. She just needs to go the hell away.

I imagine so that people keep talking about her. I have no desire to see what ever face she decides to present on camera and hear her hot takes months after we are still living through all of this. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I imagine so that people keep talking about her. I have no desire to see what ever face she decides to present on camera and hear her hot takes months after we are still living through all of this. 

I will never understand the concept of any press/attention is good in the eyes of a celebrity. How can being hated by people feel food to anyone? How can that be good for their business and what about their children? It just baffles me.

• Love 5
On 4/30/2020 at 9:31 PM, biakbiak said:

Well since the network he willingly takes a paycheck from is spouting the same drivel as Kelly, I doubt he is embarrassed by her.

Exactly. There are no journalists at the unnamed network her creepy fiance works at.

This is the fourth time Kelly has had to walk back her disgusting "natural selection at work" Covid comments. Obviously someone at Bravo is sending an obligatory text telling her to shut up and she experiences a brief moment of panic at her income stream being taken away from her and then she starts again. These fucking housewives mouthing off about issues they have no idea about (Ramona from NY is doing the same on instagram) makes my blood boil. I forgot about Kelly because I wanted the cancer scammer gone. And now she is I can focus on what a disgusting person Kelly is. Season 11 Kelly is the true Kelly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Kelly Dodd:EZjRyeQXYAAqBg_.thumb.jpg.32d181ba0d417ca5ade1cf45882bc48b.jpg

Also Kelly Dodd:

"I don't like black guys, I don't even know any black guys."

Oh please make her go far away never to be heard of again.

When did she say that?!

15 minutes ago, Jextella said:

When did she say that?!

A few years ago. Though a few days ago she stated she couldn’t be racist because she is Mexican which I am pretty sure she still was Mexican 3 or 4 years ago. 

• LOL 8
On 6/6/2020 at 7:14 AM, chenoa333 said:

I'm (almost) speechless. What a filthy mouth, racist, drunk asshole. This video is pure gold. Thanks HappyCamper, for posting that.

If Stassi and Kristen and the two new guys on Vanderpump Rule got fired, so should Kelly.

• Love 7

I’m so disappointed in Kelly. I was so proud that the OC housewives had a minority on there. Wow Kelly,I was always a fan but now I see what Vicki and Tamra mean🤷🏽‍♀️. I never understood how you can be racist and a minority yourself....you are a brown girl yourself Kelly smh. Please bring Jo back bravo. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Jextella said:

If Stassi and Kristen and the two new guys on Vanderpump Rule got fired, so should Kelly.

Yes, absolutely. She needs to be GONE! She is just as bad as S and K.  There is no way that she can defend that video. Bravo needs to be rid of her.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 6:38 AM, Happy Camper said:

Thank you.  I know Kelly has good qualities.  She is apparently well-liked by several of the RH's, and she has shown compassion on the show a time or two, but man. On so many other levels, she is just bad news.  What an idiot.

I'm just shocked by all the racist comments and black-face gigs that famous people have been called out for.  I don't understand how they think it's ok behavior as human beings much less how they don't comprehend the political incorrectness of it all. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

I'm shocked by how so many are not so savvy in the era of social media and camera phones.

It almost seems like either they just don't care or they purposefully make themselves offensive for attention.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

What a way to insult hundreds of thousands of people who you have never met nor know nothing about.

I think this encapsulates the idea of "subtle racism".  When Kelly said she doesn't even like black men, I'm not sure direct racism was involved but rather she was expressing her personal taste.  Still, to say it out loud is so offensive for the reason above that it rises to racism, I feel.  It's as if she feels she has the ego and socio-economic power to say such a thing and go unscathed.  And it does put up a barrier.

Kelly said elsewhere she's not a racist and being Hispanic, she's been a victim of racism herself.  So what, though.  Racism is alive in all cultures.

Kelly is such a knob.  I just don't understand the appeal.  I will not be watching OC if she is still around when production resumes.  She would have to turn a major corner on just about all fronts for me to be even remotely interested.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I think this encapsulates the idea of "subtle racism".  When Kelly said she doesn't even like black men, I'm not sure direct racism was involved but rather she was expressing her personal taste.  Still, to say it out loud is so offensive for the reason above that it rises to racism, I feel.  It's as if she feels she has the ego and socio-economic power to say such a thing and go unscathed.  And it does put up a barrier.

Kelly said elsewhere she's not a racist and being Hispanic, she's been a victim of racism herself.  So what, though.  Racism is alive in all cultures.

Kelly is such a knob.  I just don't understand the appeal.  I will not be watching OC if she is still around when production resumes.  She would have to turn a major corner on just about all fronts for me to be even remotely interested.

“I don’t like black guys" is not subtle. It's in your face racism.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

“I don’t like black guys" is not subtle. It's in your face racism.

IMO she was stating a partner preference.  She could have said short, poor, overweight, balding or some other thing.  It's personal taste.  The fact that she said it out loud for all to hear / and be offended by, AND the fact that she thought she could do so without taking a hit - are the racist and social elitist components.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

IMO she was stating a partner preference.  She could have said short, poor, overweight, balding or some other thing.  It's personal taste.  The fact that she said it out loud for all to hear / and be offended by, AND the fact that she thought she could do so without taking a hit - are the racista and social elitist components.

I know the context.  I saw the way she responded. I heard her words.  She had a "oh yuck, gross" and added she didn't even know any black guys.

I understand a partner preference. But the way she said it, the way she acted told me all I need to know about her when it comes to race.  

• Love 6
On 6/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, sasha206 said:

I know the context.  I saw the way she responded. I heard her words.  She had a "oh yuck, gross" and added she didn't even know any black guys.

I understand a partner preference. But the way she said it, the way she acted told me all I need to know about her when it comes to race.  

So, there is a post over on Reddit with an old scene between Kelly and Shannon in which Kelly hurls an insult about Shannon's appearance, and Shannon slams back with "Well, you like like an Indian!".

I've only been in and out of the OC for a few years - essentially since Kelly's 2nd season I believe.  Either I missed this conversation or I don't remember it, but it was pretty bad. Shannon definately meant it as an insult to Kelly.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:07 AM, antfitz said:

Will Kelly wear the trashiest wedding dress you can imagine??  I think she might. 

Kelly’s dress was actually quite beautiful. She wore a black dress, elegant, and she looked great. There were a lot of comparisons to Cynthia Bailey’s dress, which was tacky and an all around fail.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

I think Rick is really good looking, and I loved her black dress. I wouldn’t want to be friends with Kelly because she’s not very kind, but she does entertain. 

I think he is too.  He's a silver fox in my mind and I like a prominent nose.  He seems to be in very good shape too.  Loved her black wedding dress.

I could see Kelly being very fun to be around if you're on the good side.  But it's so easy for her to go way low that my guard would always be up.

• Love 6

I follow Kelly on ig for whatever reason lol and she’s spouting off now about her daughters father and how shitty of a dad he is and thank god for Rick. Who knows if this is true but why put this out there for everyone to see. Way to embarrass your daughter.

She also seems like the type of woman who when she moves on she completely trashes the former partner and erases any good memories they may have had.

Crazy lady lol.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Marley said:

I follow Kelly on ig for whatever reason lol and she’s spouting off now about her daughters father and how shitty of a dad he is and thank god for Rick. Who knows if this is true but why put this out there for everyone to see. Way to embarrass your daughter.

She also seems like the type of woman who when she moves on she completely trashes the former partner and erases any good memories they may have had.

Crazy lady lol.

Really. When she’s through with Rick she’ll probably threaten to trash his career unless he pays her off - she seems ruthless.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Marley said:

Which is why Gina's style of parenting is such a contrast; her kids father is an actual dirtbag but she knows it's not going to help her kids to tell them that - especially publicly.  They will figure it out on their own.     Kelly should know that trashing Jolie's father is really only going to hurt Jolie.    If he really is a shitty dad Jolie will figure that out when she grows up.  Meanwhile the stuff that comes out of Kelly's mouth confirms she is a trashbag.  

• Love 14