Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

If Zoc Docs aims to make the worst commercials ever, then mission accomplished. There's a relatively new one with someone browsing the doctors on the app. She dismisses one for being named Derek. One is deemed too young while another is too middle-aged. Just so dumb. At least the annoying song has been reduced to background noise. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

If Zoc Docs aims to make the worst commercials ever, then mission accomplished. There's a relatively new one with someone browsing the doctors on the app. She dismisses one for being named Derek. One is deemed too young while another is too middle-aged. Just so dumb. At least the annoying song has been reduced to background noise. 

Was it the Wilkins family that had all the broken bones? That was the worst commercial ever so thank you Zoc Doc for at least getting rid of that one.

31 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Was it the Wilkins family that had all the broken bones? That was the worst commercial ever so thank you Zoc Doc for at least getting rid of that one.

No, it was the hapless Fletcher family.

• Thanks 1

The commercial with Kim Kartrashian pushing her bras..  When she stars off with "Guys" in her sharp voice drives me up a wall.

And I am really sure she can't wait to have me experience her bras.  Experience? bras? that's an experience???

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
On 1/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Somewhere, somebody is saying, "YUMM!!!!"  Not me, but there probably is someone.

Oh, that would be me. 

I saw the big ass potato last year, too. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:20 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

She doing ads for PlutoTV, touting their thousands of free television in all sorts of genres. For the romance channels, she's dressed all in yellow, sitting in a subway car, dropping crap out of her purse so she can "meet cute" a soulmate who'll pick up her scrunchie.  The lady next to her points out ALL the contents of her purse on the floor and Drew says, "I know. I'm meet-cuting."  AIIIIEEEEEE.

Is that Drew Barrymore in that annoying "cute meet" commercial? I hate it.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Is that Drew Barrymore in that annoying "cute meet" commercial? I hate it.

Yeah, that's her. And it's her running down the street, pushing people out of the way like she's Olivia Benson, and her falling from the sky.

I get the meet-cuting one - she's looking for a guy who's afraid of commitment because there's no commitment to watching Pluto.  Drew as Olivia isn't chasing anyone to charge with a crime because there's no charge with Pluto. But I canNOT understand what they're driving at with her falling from the sky onto a giant airbag.  Besides, her big skirt and her hair are flying in the wrong direction if she's falling.

ET is definitely running late to come & take her away from our planet.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 12/31/2022 at 12:08 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

LOL, that is my cat (he is gone now but I have another one but not as thin), he is a Cornish Rex, he is warming up on the cockpot. I have always described that breed looking like an alien kangaroo, they don't have the long guard hairs that regular cats have, their fur is like a marcel wave (think 1930's perm for women), he was a glorious cat.

I have not shopped at Old Navy in decades, nothing ever fits me well.

Do they sell cockpots on Amazon? 😊

Old Navy sells cheap clothes. They fall apart after 2 times in the washer.

And this annoying  commercial I'm sure has been mentioned before but I can do it in one word:

"FERMENTATION?"

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have fixed that but a fellow poster, @Welshman in Ca  made me promise to not change it so out of respect I will not. The cockpot is sold on some um, alternate websites I am sure, lol.

Oh absolutely do NOT ever change that typo! It will live forever in the annals of PT Forums as one of the best! 

Here's a commercial I see on the OWN network every 10 seconds that makes me want to drink: The young woman talking to herself in a mirror saying "do you want to claim your throne or not..."  and various other cliches. What is she so angry about? Geez people need to calm down. Life isn't (generally) that bad when you're still young. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And this annoying  commercial I'm sure has been mentioned before but I can do it in one word:

"FERMENTATION?"

I also hate that line.

And the people pushing Balance of Nature pills on TV sure make it sound like it's a miracle pill. But half the cost of the things (and they are expensive) must be spent on these incessant ads.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I also hate that line.

And the people pushing Balance of Nature pills on TV sure make it sound like it's a miracle pill. But half the cost of the things (and they are expensive) must be spent on these incessant ads.

Oh, that product is always skating on the edge of scam.  No actual studies, just people touting it in commercials -- "I feel like Balance of Nature increases my energy!" and "I can do things I couldn't do before!".  The doctor who created it is a chiropractor.  $90 a month which is ridiculous.

SuperBeets sounds like the same kind of snake oil.

Edited by littlebennysmom
Spelling correction
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
14 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Yeah, that's her. And it's her running down the street, pushing people out of the way like she's Olivia Benson, and her falling from the sky.

I get the meet-cuting one - she's looking for a guy who's afraid of commitment because there's no commitment to watching Pluto.  Drew as Olivia isn't chasing anyone to charge with a crime because there's no charge with Pluto. But I canNOT understand what they're driving at with her falling from the sky onto a giant airbag.  Besides, her big skirt and her hair are flying in the wrong direction if she's falling.

I have a very very vague memory of her mentioning inflation, like the air bag.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, littlebennysmom said:

I feel like Balance of Nature increases my energy!" and "I can do things I couldn't do before!".

Like what? Fly a Boeing 747? Do a successful brain surgery? Sprint fron NYC to LA? Join Cirque de Solei? Such bull$hit!

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

Oh, that product is always skating on the edge of scam.  No actual studies, just people touting it in commercials -- "I feel like Balance of Nature increases my energy!" and "I can do things I couldn't do before!".

The one I love is "I've been taking this for 10 years, and I can tell, it's still making a difference."

How can you tell? You somehow know that you'd be a drooling idiot by now if you weren't taking it?

And the nutritionist (I think they even flash on his diploma) who says "I get to the end of the day, and I haven't eaten my fruits and vegetables." What the heck have you been eating all day, Doritos?

Edited by dleighg
  • LOL 18
2 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

SuperBeets sounds like the same kind of snake oil.

Edited 2 hours ago by littlebennysmom

Yes and no. There are numerous clinical studies that have indicated that beet root powder is very effective for numerous things, including blood pressure, circulation, and glucose control (links to them at the NIH website). But you can buy beetroot powder capsules for waaaaay less than Super Beets costs. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Yes and no. There are numerous clinical studies that have indicated that beet root powder is very effective for numerous things, including blood pressure, circulation, and glucose control (links to them at the NIH website). But you can buy beetroot powder capsules for waaaaay less than Super Beets costs. 

I take the gummies. I like how I feel when I take them but that's just anecdotal.

• Useful 1

Get bent, M&M’s.  I won’t even talk about the mascots because reasons, obvs, but then they go and make the most unfunny commercial ever with Maya.  That commercial is so dumb it makes me irrationally angry.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
14 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Get bent, M&M’s.  I won’t even talk about the mascots because reasons, obvs, but then they go and make the most unfunny commercial ever with Maya.  That commercial is so dumb it makes me irrationally angry.

Crap! They already have the new commercials running? 

I wonder how they managed to get them out so quickly. 🤔

• Applause 1
6 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Exactly. It's a stupid name, and he doesn't look the least bit embarrassed to be saying it.

I remember when they first came out with it. People thought it was stupid back then too. It was embarrassing for them so I think the way he says it is to show they're not embarrassed about it anymore. Or something.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Some people online are speculating that this change might have something to do with a planned Super Bowl commercial considering the timing of it all.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I saw that speculation too but the ad I saw today (over and over and over…) is definitely not Super Bowl-worthy.

And oddly enough in this week’s People magazine the first ad when you open it has the mascots so I don’t know what to think.

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Some people online are speculating that this change might have something to do with a planned Super Bowl commercial considering the timing of it all.

Right. If you read their official statement that talks about the controversy, and then introduces Maya as the spokesperson, it seems a little tongue in cheek. I agree they seem to be playing the long game.

Reminds of when Planter's killed off Mr. Peanut.

Or "New Coke"  (aka Joke Coke)  - I love the story I heard about WHY Coke came out with "New Coke" - Robert Woodruff (CEO) had recently died and allegedly the secret formula died with him, so they had to scramble to try & replicate it.  Bwaahahahaha.  Highly improbable, but hilarious.  Frankly, I think Joke Coke was supposed to make us forget how real Coke with cane sugar tasted, so when they came out with "Classic Coke" made with high fructose corn syrup we wouldn't notice the difference.  Guess what. We did.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I love the Skyrizi jingle, I sing it all the time.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:44 PM, CrystalBlue said:

You must sign up at least three months before you turn 65 and get three months after your BD to do so.  (After that, there is a penalty for signing up later that follows you the rest of your life.) 

Does this apply to everyone who turns 65 or just those who are 65 and retired?  Just wondering because my mom is over 65, still working and not yet on Medicare.

Those Lays/Pepsi commercials with the Mannings are SOOOOO annoying!!!   Who thought it was a good idea to make Eli looking like an idiot? And the singing???!!  Ugh!  It's not even "bad funny" bad. It is just bad.

• Like 2

I hate Dr Rick and his stupid commercials. Take your contempt of what "our parents" do and shove it. God forbid someone be polite in an elevator and ask me what floor I want.  And we have out address on our trash cans, thank you very much. More than once it's gotten blown down the street. Only way to get it back. And is that seriously Marie Osmond in the latest Nutrasystem commercial? She looks like she went to the same plastic surgeon as Kenny Rogers. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6
23 hours ago, TenPea said:

Those Lays/Pepsi commercials with the Mannings are SOOOOO annoying!!!   Who thought it was a good idea to make Eli looking like an idiot?

Was that a decision by the agency making the commercial or just the unavoidable byproduct of featuring Eli Manning?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Haven't visited this thread lately and this may have been covered, but I hate that idiot girl on the State Farm commercial who announces that she saves her shrimp tails and plays the piano with her feet.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Kimmmmmm said:

Haven't visited this thread lately and this may have been covered, but I hate that idiot girl on the State Farm commercial who announces that she saves her shrimp tails and plays the piano with her feet.

It's just gross. Imagine the smell!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

For those who want to follow up on that it's near the end (around 1:15). I have to agree. Weird, since there are plenty of black folks in the commercial.

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 1