Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

If I were Limu Emu, I'd put in for a transfer to another precinct.

Or join the Air Force which would not only put distance away from Doug but would also earn some WINGS! 

• Love 6

I don't recall what this commercial is for, but there is a line in it that goes "...a 6 year old who REFUSES to wear pants!"

Is this an example of modern parent/child interaction? The child is allowed to refuse to wear pants? And the parent has to go along with it? 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I don't recall what this commercial is for, but there is a line in it that goes "...a 6 year old who REFUSES to wear pants!"

Is this an example of modern parent/child interaction? The child is allowed to refuse to wear pants? And the parent has to go along with it? 

The kid has a good reason, because she's a dinosaur. (joking, but that's what she says).    I dislike this one, the ones where you add a ton of shredded cheese to any food and the kids eat, and the Kraft Mac and Cheese one where if the kids refuse to eat, they get a big bowl of this.      I guess in the commercial world, the kids are in charge, and the parents do what ever they demand.  

Now those hideously ridiculous Yoplait ads are back, the ones that celebrate little kids doing ordinary things, and the mother celebrating like they just were awarded a Nobel Prize.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, BooksRule said:

It is now January 9th.  When will the annoying Scrooge-enjoying-his-Peloton commercial go away?

I hate that commercial so much.  They missed the entire point of A Christmas Carol which had Scrooge learning to care about others and not just his miserly self.  There was nothing about getting his ass in shape.

Sorry @BLERGH. I posted before reading your post which made the point better than mine.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 13
On 1/6/2022 at 8:31 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

Those stupid Medicare ads are back... and what's worse, so is that waste of space, Jimmy Walker! Who thought that bringing that talentless, unfunny, unappealing slob back was a good idea?!?!?!?

The same people who thought folks would believe Joe Namath needs free rides to his medical appointments.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The kid has a good reason, because she's a dinosaur. (joking, but that's what she says).    I dislike this one, the ones where you add a ton of shredded cheese to any food and the kids eat, and the Kraft Mac and Cheese one where if the kids refuse to eat, they get a big bowl of this.      I guess in the commercial world, the kids are in charge, and the parents do what ever they demand.  

Now those hideously ridiculous Yoplait ads are back, the ones that celebrate little kids doing ordinary things, and the mother celebrating like they just were awarded a Nobel Prize.  

So do I. It reminds me of the Kraft commericals too and also the one where the Mom pats herself on the back because she got her kids to eat pizza for dinner. Its not hard to get kids to eat waffles and pizza.   The kid's a brat and the Mom annoyed that she won't wear pants but surprised he will eat waffles.

Edited by andromeda331
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

The kid's a brat and the Mom annoyed that he won't wear pants but surprised he will eat waffles.

For the record, the child is a girl. She's wearing a dinosaur costume bottom, and says she's a dinosaur. It's not like she's naked. The girl says dinosaurs don't wear pants. Have to agree with her there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

For the record, the child is a girl. She's wearing a dinosaur costume bottom, and says she's a dinosaur. It's not like she's naked. The girl says dinosaurs don't wear pants. Have to agree with her there.

I'm sorry I didn't realize she was a girl and fixed it in my post.

17 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

You choose your battles.  I know plenty of kids who were pants averse as preschoolers, but they all managed to dress appropriately by the time they went to school.  (I don't think the mom says she is 6.  I thought 4 but could be wrong.)

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You choose your battles.  I know plenty of kids who were pants averse as preschoolers, but they all managed to dress appropriately by the time they went to school.  (I don't think the mom says she is 6.  I thought 4 but could be wrong.)

Yes, she's 4

• Love 1
17 hours ago, millennium said:

The same people who thought folks would believe Joe Namath needs free rides to his medical appointments.

Yeah, he's annoying, too...but every time Walker shouts "MUNNNEEEEE!!", I want an anvil to drop on him 

• Love 12

I hate everything about the PureWick commercial. From the narration to the clumsy dialogue between the mother and daughter.

Daughter: Good morning, Mom. How did you sleep?

Mom: Better, thank you.

Daughter: Oh, I'm so glad. I'm so glad.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I hate everything about the PureWick commercial. From the narration to the clumsy dialogue between the mother and daughter.

Daughter: Good morning, Mom. How did you sleep?

Mom: Better, than you.

Daughter: Oh, I'm so glad. I'm so glad.

Is that the one where the daughter jerks open the curtains, letting in all that glaring sunlight? Yeah, if that happened to me, I'd start looking around for some thing to throw.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Not so much annoyed as alarmed at the profusion of sports betting commercials, not just on TV but radio as well.   I envision a lot of people who may not have become hooked on gambling suddenly finding themselves with a problem, either financially or addiction-wise, or both.   The quickie disclaimer at the end of the commercial about "if you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-...." doesn't do much to alleviate my concern.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, millennium said:

Not so much annoyed as alarmed at the profusion of sports betting commercials, not just on TV but radio as well. 

and those ads are RIDICULOUSLY LOUD! I live and NY where sports betting just became legal on Saturday, and you can't avoid the ads at all.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, chessiegal said:

She's wearing a dinosaur costume bottom, and says she's a dinosaur. It's not like she's naked. The girl says dinosaurs don't wear pants. Have to agree with her there.

Plus, she's just playing in the living room and then sitting at the breakfast table at home - she didn't trot off to pre-school as a dinosaur. 

And the mom says she refused to wear pants "this morning", not that she refuses to ever put on clothes, so it makes perfect sense to me that instead of battling with a four-year-old who's playing dinosaur in her own home, the mom just jokingly interviews her as to why.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

I'm aware there is a thing called Love After Lockup. Unfortunately now, there is a another. Some chick starts the commercial by saying "I like 'em big, buff and incarcerated."  I thought she was just an idiot but this waste of airwaves is actually called Love During Lockup; Big, Buff and Incarcerated." Jesus, is this what are we reduced to? Glamorizing convicted felons and making them romantic heroes? I just can't.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Is that the one where the daughter jerks open the curtains, letting in all that glaring sunlight? Yeah, if that happened to me, I'd start looking around for some thing to throw.

I think the appropriate answer to the question "How do you sleep?" in this scenario is, "Pretty f'ing well until you opened the damn curtain!!!!!" 

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm aware there is a thing called Love After Lockup. Unfortunately now, there is a another. Some chick starts the commercial by saying "I like 'em big, buff and incarcerated."  I thought she was just an idiot but this waste of airwaves is actually called Love During Lockup; Big, Buff and Incarcerated." Jesus, is this what are we reduced to? Glamorizing convicted felons and making them romantic heroes? I just can't.

You'll have to trust me on this one, there are no romantic heroes on Love After or During Lockup.  There are losers, fools, clowns, people living in delusional worlds, suckers, rip off artists, people with absolutely zero common sense, but not a single romantic hero.  But if you want some quality prison makeup tips and exciting commissary recipes, it's the show to watch. Also, her big, buff, and incarcerated inmate is only one of those three things. Not sure when his release date will be, so I think you know which one fits. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, millennium said:

Not so much annoyed as alarmed at the profusion of sports betting commercials, not just on TV but radio as well.   I envision a lot of people who may not have become hooked on gambling suddenly finding themselves with a problem, either financially or addiction-wise, or both.   The quickie disclaimer at the end of the commercial about "if you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-...." doesn't do much to alleviate my concern.

I came here to post about this as well. I know a young person who is getting hooked on sports betting, and it is having terrible consequences. He is not the only one. 

8 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I came here to post about this as well. I know a young person who is getting hooked on sports betting, and it is having terrible consequences. He is not the only one. 

The promos run the spectrum from slickly produced spots on TV and radio, to scripted on-air plugs by DJ's at radio stations urging listeners to stop by this or that bar to have some brews and watch the game because the bar just had a bunch of new sports betting machines put in so now guests can enjoy the convenience of betting on their favorite teams while they're at the bar.   It's like they're trying to gaslight everyone into believing that sports betting is harmless, perfectly natural, and everybody's doing it -- the same logic drug pushers use.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Did you see this while watching SNL? 😉

There's a new "sexy" Liberty Mutual ad coming. You have been warned.

17 hours ago, dleighg said:

and those ads are RIDICULOUSLY LOUD! I live and NY where sports betting just became legal on Saturday, and you can't avoid the ads at all.

Also in NY, and even on Reddit, every other ad is “Hey NY, sports betting is legal now!”(DraftKings, I think).

• Love 1
8 hours ago, millennium said:

The promos run the spectrum from slickly produced spots on TV and radio, to scripted on-air plugs by DJ's at radio stations urging listeners to stop by this or that bar to have some brews and watch the game because the bar just had a bunch of new sports betting machines put in so now guests can enjoy the convenience of betting on their favorite teams while they're at the bar.   It's like they're trying to gaslight everyone into believing that sports betting is harmless, perfectly natural, and everybody's doing it -- the same logic drug pushers use.

And those gambling ads even have those '___ responsibly. Get help from Blah-Blah-Blah website' in either tiny scroll fonts and/or very low sotto voice announcements at the tail end of the spots, like so many booze ads have!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, millennium said:

Really? You equate tv ads for sports betting, which is legal, to pushing drugs, which is not legal? Both of those require personal choices to do those things, and then to do them to excess.  I don't care if they say "everyone's doing it," adults are supposed to be more mature than ten year olds. People need to take responsibility for their choices, and not blame tv or anything else for them.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Given that the kid is clothed, even if the bottoms are part of a dinosaur costume, in her own home, and as far as we know this isn't a daily occurrence, I don't have a problem with it.  I think the commercial is cute.

Me too. Considering it starts with the kid playing in her own home, wearing the dinosaur costume, and then the mother holds up a fork with a bite of waffle on it and using it like a mic as she addresses the audience, and says "Meet the 4-year-old who refused to wear pants this morning" (IMO being a little sarcastic), hands the fork to the child and asks "Why (child's name)?". Child takes fork, replies - "I'm a dinosaur."

I don't see anything that says brat to me.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Nope, kids that age get fixated on weird shit. You just have to go with it. 

Yes, they love to dress up in all kinds of outfits, being dinos, cats, unicorns, whatever. I remember the reactions of some dads when they would come to pick up their sons and find them wearing the princess dresses. Some were quite bothered by it, even though it is just dressing up and pretending, vital to child development.

Just now, Bastet said:

Yeah, if even her own mom isn't annoyed by it, I'm certainly not going to be.  She's playing dinosaur at home one morning.  The horror?

It would depend I guess on whether the kid refused to wear pants every day!

• Love 2

There's this ad on the radio station that I listen to that has this ad on constantly. It's for a movie coming out soon called Redeeming Love. It just has a few snippets of dialog that have every cliche you can stuff into a 10 second time period.

woman: "I have too many demons. I don't know how to love."

man (with a full on southern drawl): "You can't choose the life you have, but you can choose the life you want."

That's it. Now that I've watched the whole trailer, I guess I understand a little more what the movie is about (I didn't even realize it was a "period piece"). I guess everyone on earth other than me has heard of this book? Anyway the tiny bit of dialog that is the sum total on the radio ad is what's above, and in the trailer around 1:30.

https://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/movies/trailer-redeeming-love-will-give-you-all-the-feels-1/

• Love 1
On 1/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Kimmmmmm said:

Yeah, he's annoying, too...but every time Walker shouts "MUNNNEEEEE!!", I want an anvil to drop on him 

I mean, I feel like he's just fucking with us now, doubling down on the most annoying bits of his previous commercials. The extra-vocal-fried "NOOOOOOOOW!!!" makes my ears bleed.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

I mean, I feel like he's just fucking with us now, doubling down on the most annoying bits of his previous commercials. The extra-vocal-fried "NOOOOOOOOW!!!" makes my ears bleed.

I think he's fucking with us too. Still, it makes my skin crawl. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Gharlane said:

There's a new "sexy" Liberty Mutual ad coming. You have been warned.

Does anyone else use the "surprise" reaction to mean "horror"?

Edited by Leeds
add "reaction"
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think he's fucking with us too. Still, it makes my skin crawl. 

I'm trying to picture a table full of ad execs watching him do this commercial and saying "Yes, yes, this is wonderful just as it is!!!"

His first one was bad enough, but this is just really dumb and annoying

• Love 7

I’m annoyed by yet another yogurt commercial! A mom on, presumably, her own front porch with a cooler holding various Yoplait formats for her two kids. Why would you fill a cooler with a couple of yogurts when you are — again, presumably — 30 feet away from your own refrigerator? (I will add that this would probably not bug me if it were adults on the porch and the cooler was full of beer!)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I’m annoyed by yet another yogurt commercial! A mom on, presumably, her own front porch with a cooler holding various Yoplait formats for her two kids. Why would you fill a cooler with a couple of yogurts when you are — again, presumably — 30 feet away from your own refrigerator? (I will add that this would probably not bug me if it were adults on the porch and the cooler was full of beer!)

Because she mopped and is waiting for the kitchen floor to dry?  There's a plumber working under the sink? The guys from Floor & Decor are laying a new floor? Those kitchen guys are putting new doors/facings on the cabinets? She promised them some sort of picnic?

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don't like the one where the woman is eating at the table and then falls through the floor and ends up floating around the atmosphere. It just is stupid. I can't remember which product it's for, dang it!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, susannah said:

I don't like the one where the woman is eating at the table and then falls through the floor and ends up floating around the atmosphere. It just is stupid. I can't remember which product it's for, dang it!

It's for Philly cream cheese.  The one with the woman in the white fur apartment is even worse.  The look she gives her cat is so weird and creepy.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Because she mopped and is waiting for the kitchen floor to dry?  There's a plumber working under the sink? The guys from Floor & Decor are laying a new floor? Those kitchen guys are putting new doors/facings on the cabinets? She promised them some sort of picnic?

Maybe it’s not her house! Maybe her own house doesn’t have a good porch, so she waits for her fancier neighbors to leave and uses theirs! Also, I feel that a yogurt picnic is no good at all—I hope they had some better food in the cooler earlier!

(Oh my goodness, maybe they’re not even her kids and that's why they're pedaling and scooting away from the lame yogurt-picnic lady so fast!)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 7