Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

On 9/1/2018 at 8:16 PM, Gam2 said:

I love ChikFilA as far as their food is concerned. The latest commercial with the “single mom” of four kids who couldn’t get her kids to their family night with food and games or whatever. The mom said an employee noticed she couldn’t get her kids there on time so got the manager to extend the hours. HUH? You do not have four toddlers. These are middle school/high school kids. Here’s what you say MOM: The car leaves at 5:30. Be in it or be hungry.” Done. No wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket. 

I do not eat at Chik-Fil-A anymore for the reason others have mentioned, but I sure used to love it!  I think that ad might be referencing that with kids that age, they often have after school activities such as practices and clubs, which might keep them from being able to get there in time.

• Love 3

Perhaps but that’s not what was said in that commercial. I believe the mom said she had trouble getting her kids there on time. Okay. So cook dinner at home or eat somewhere else. 

• Love 5

I don't know if it's been talked about here or not.  But that toilet paper commercial where the kids are supposed to describe feeling "CLEAN".  

Children are describing the "squeaky clean feeling" of wiping their bottoms after using the toilet.  

there's something wrong here. 

• Love 20

Looks like they've replaced Jim Krasinski in the E-surance commercials with Dennis Quaid, and Dennis says in the ad it's because of his likeability factor.  Well, I suppose I like Dennis Quaid better than the guy who does one of the truck commercials.  Can't think of his name, but he says "pal" a lot.  "We didn't just raise the bar, pal, we are the bar."  I don't like to be called "pal", "honey", or--when I'm with my husband--"folks."  I like Dennis better than the stupid toilet paper commercial bears and any of the Sonic ad people, but I don't like Dennis Quaid all that much.  I'm trying to think of my dream-commercial spokesperson, and I'm coming up blank.

5 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

Looks like they've replaced Jim Krasinski in the E-surance commercials with Dennis Quaid, and Dennis says in the ad it's because of his likeability factor.  Well, I suppose I like Dennis Quaid better than the guy who does one of the truck commercials.  Can't think of his name, but he says "pal" a lot.  "We didn't just raise the bar, pal, we are the bar."  I don't like to be called "pal", "honey", or--when I'm with my husband--"folks."  I like Dennis better than the stupid toilet paper commercial bears and any of the Sonic ad people, but I don't like Dennis Quaid all that much.  I'm trying to think of my dream-commercial spokesperson, and I'm coming up blank.

lots of people coming up blank on that one. Including me. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

SNHU: Southern New Hampshire University for on line classes. "Stand up if you're a mother, stand up if you're actively deployed...blah blah blah". What irks me is that there is no "stand up if you're a father".  

I always get annoyed at the "stand up if you're actively deployed" part. If they're actively deployed, then they're not there. Deployment is when they send them away. I think they mean "on active duty."

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

The one that says "pal" a lot is Denis Leary. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

SNHU: Southern New Hampshire University for on line classes. "Stand up if you're a mother, stand up if you're actively deployed...blah blah blah". What irks me is that there is no "stand up if you're a father".  

This one makes me want to throw my knitting at the TV.  I remember my dad being in college when I was a kid, and why was it any easier for him than it would have been for my mom?  How about they just say, “... if you’re a parent?”

Edited by jennblevins
Thought of another thing.
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, scarletine said:

The one that says "pal" a lot is Denis Leary. 

Dennis Leary!!?? He's the epitome of fugly. I thought he evaporated into a black hole. Apparently he found his way out.

36 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

This one makes me want to throw my knitting at the TV.  I remember my dad being in college when I was a kid, and why was it any easier for him than it would have been for my mom?  How about they just say, “... if you’re a parent?”

Yes!! Obviously someone at the ad agency is a moron.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, chenoa333 said:

The 3 P's. Fuck off and die Alex Tribeck. That commercial is the loooooongest commercial ever.

I know we've discussed this before but its gotten to the point where I'm ready to call Colonial Penn (??) insrance and get arrested for profanity over the phone. "WHAT'S MY PRICE ALEX?" It's all the same: we screw EVERYONE over for the same price! And why are seniors always portrayed as fragile, feeble minded and gullible?

I've never had a thing to do with Colonial Penn, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened an unidentified envelope to find an early birthday card from Alex...cutesy "Happy Birthday" on the front, and a photo of Alex inside.  I shook it, but no $$$ came out.  Thanks, Alex.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

This new ad by Chobani, bugs the heck out of me:

Is this the one with the annoying song that accompanies it?  I had to really listen because it sounds like they're saying "Squee it on chomp, squee it chomp chomp, it's your bonny, squee it on chomp......"

• Love 4
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Probably because in commercial land, the fathers are already standing up.  The poor wimmins have been barefoot pregnant and in the kitchen.  ?

• Love 5

"Stand up if you're Tresiba ready!"

• Love 7
On ‎08‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, Rinaldo said:

That's what the jingle is trying to change for you.

It ain't working.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, Blergh said:

OK, I guess one out of two words spelled correctly is better than zero but that still doesn't give me confidence that they know beans about poultry so I'm still avoiding it!

They're better at making tasty chicken than they are at spelling.  Although the mis-spelling is a deliberate attempt at humor.  How funny it is, well, that's debatable.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, Gam2 said:

Perhaps but that’s not what was said in that commercial. I believe the mom said she had trouble getting her kids there on time. Okay. So cook dinner at home or eat somewhere else. 

That doesn't mean it's because she can't get all the kids to get in the car because they're parked in front of their video games or something.  They could have various sports or other afterschool activities which make it impossible to get them to Chick Fil'A at a certain time.  And I imagine it's the family activities which are the draw for that particular night, not necessarily just the food.

Edited by proserpina65
23 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I do like Dennis Quaid a lot, but can't figure out why he screwed around with his face like that.

• Love 4
On 8/24/2018 at 4:58 PM, ScoundrelJosie said:

Perhaps the worst to me is the one where two teenage boys are stranded in the middle of the night with a flat tire. 1) Parents never showed their teenager how to change a tire? 2) Why are you letting your kid and friends drive the car in the middle of the night anyway??

To be fair to the kids, it's possible they have a spare tire but no jack. Fewer and fewer new cars come with a jack, including the brand new car I just bought. Also, do they specify the time of night? It gets dark early in the winter. It's possible they're on their way home from an after-school activity. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Also, do they specify the time of night?

Yes.  The commercials are predicated on showing how the same set of circumstances plays out differently in two different scenarios - the easy peasy when someone with Liberty Mutual is in that situation, and the disaster that befalls someone with different insurance in the same situation.  In this, it's getting a flat tire in the middle of the night ("middle of the night" is said by the Liberty Mutual woman whose son had roadside assistance, and then we cut to the hapless duo who don't have it and are thus on their own, but they can't even identify a lug wrench).

22 hours ago, Simon47 said:

Have you ever seen this commercial before? It is the trigger for most angry people when they watch TV.

Just wait until the end of the video when the girl says “What’s a computer?”

Yes! I hate this commercial. I haven’t seen it in awhile.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2018 at 1:21 PM, Brattinella said:

I think the one who says "pal" is Sam Elliott.  He can call me pal anytime! :)

I'm not sure if he's still hot enough these days for me to want him to call me "pal"! Lol. But I guess I wouldn't turn him down. but I'd probably be into turning him upside down, backwards and any other position that wouldn't put either of us in a situation where we needed to call "med-alert". "please help me! I've fallen down with Sam Elliott on top of me and I can't get up!"

• Love 6
On 8/19/2018 at 3:21 PM, Simon47 said:

Has anybody seen the commercial with this 1964 song in it?

I really think this commercial is going to be a plant.

I know you posted this weeks ago and I haven't even turned on the sound to find out what the song is, but this is the most spectacularly bad white man dancing ever!

It's like in Hitch when Will Smith shows Kevin James the only dance step he is allowed to do.

• Love 2

No, I picked the wrong insurance company.

NO! You are a shill for an insurance company. You have zero credibility. You're not speaking from the heart. You're reading a script, and getting paid for every word you say.

• Love 9

This could go in products as seen on tv, but it irritates me more than that. It's for CB-1 Weight Gainer (for most people, just wait until you're over 35, you'll put on much more weight than you could possibly want.) It's really just the one woman who sing songs, with hands waving in the air, "I'm super pumped." Good grief, I want to reach through the tv and smack her around. And these commercials have replaced my not so irrational hatred for the baseball player at the gym with women fawning all over him, stupidity. I only know he played baseball not football because someone here told me. 

Edited, because chenoa, you made me laugh so hard! 

'm not sure if he's still hot enough these days for me to want him to call me "pal"! Lol. But I guess I wouldn't turn him down. but I'd probably be into turning him upside down, backwards and any other position that wouldn't put either of us in a situation where we needed to call "med-alert". "please help me! I've fallen down with Sam Elliott on top of me and I can't get up!"

I totally agree. I love Sam Elliott and have for many years. In fact, many women my age would enjoy your scenario.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

And I imagine it's the family activities which are the draw for that particular night, not necessarily just the food.

I was thinking that kids that age wouldn't be interested in "family night" activities, which sound more suited to little kids (face painting, etc), but I see some locations have free food for kids under 12.  

• Love 1

I see Marie Osmond is back pushing Nutri System down viewer's throats again on one of my local channels. I was enjoying the fact since my hubby and I do not have cable at the moment there will be no blasted Marie Osmond commercials. My luck ran out yesterday morning.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I see Marie Osmond is back pushing Nutri System down viewer's throats again on one of my local channels. I was enjoying the fact since my hubby and I do not have cable at the moment there will be no blasted Marie Osmond commercials. My luck ran out yesterday morning.

I'd just like to get hold of a high-power corset like she is wearing.

• Love 13
On 9/5/2018 at 10:25 AM, funky-rat said:

Is this the one with the annoying song that accompanies it?  I had to really listen because it sounds like they're saying "Squee it on chomp, squee it chomp chomp, it's your bonny, squee it on chomp......"

Yes. That's the one. I hate it with the heat of a thousand suns.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If you watch the one with her wearing the red dress, you'll see the mistake they made.  Early in the commercial, she's wearing the red boob dusting earrings, but in the next scene, the earrings are smaller, gold ones.  Whoever was in charge of continuity really messed up.  What really hacks me off is that she didn't lose the weight on that nasty food.  She lost it on Dancing with the Stars.  She even said as much during the show.  

I hate the Bounty commercial where the kid jabs her father with a sword.  If my kid ever did that, the sword would find her backside.  

• Love 13
On 9/4/2018 at 6:17 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

This new ad by Chobani, bugs the heck out of me:

Chibani is over priced, not that good as far as yogurts. And what exactly is it that they're squeezing on the food? Is it plain Chobani yogurt? Gross. 

I LOVE cucumber/dill yogurt salad dressing but still have not found one that doesn't have an odd flavor to it. Indian/Greek restaurants usually get it right and it's delicious. But store brand yogurt dressings are No Bueno!

• Love 7

I hate the Bounty commercial where the kid jabs her father with a sword.  If my kid ever did that, the sword would find her backside.  

And it looks like she stabs him right in the ass. Even a plastic sword can do some damage if it hits the right (or, wrong as the case may be) spot. Apparently somebody thought this was funny. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Chibani is over priced, not that good as far as yogurts. And what exactly is it that they're squeezing on the food? Is it plain Chobani yogurt? Gross. 

I LOVE cucumber/dill yogurt salad dressing but still have not found one that doesn't have an odd flavor to it. Indian/Greek restaurants usually get it right and it's delicious. But store brand yogurt dressings are No Bueno!

I like it as a yogurt. But I'm no fan of what they're doing there with it.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, Simon47 said:

Have you ever seen this commercial before?

I think that girl plays one of the daughters on "Better Things"

Geez, I feel like Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory."  Sorry about the triple post.  Damn computers!

Edited by Tom Holmberg
Apology
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

If you watch the one with her wearing the red dress, you'll see the mistake they made.  Early in the commercial, she's wearing the red boob dusting earrings, but in the next scene, the earrings are smaller, gold ones.  Whoever was in charge of continuity really messed up.  What really hacks me off is that she didn't lose the weight on that nasty food.  She lost it on Dancing with the Stars.  She even said as much during the show.  

I'm beyond sick of Marie Osmond. Period. And what does she REALLY look like today? Like NOW. No Spanx, no botox, no wig. Yep..that's the real Marie Osmond.The one we DON'T see.

• Love 11