Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Sorry but I guess I must have missed some posts. What is KCF*H?? I'm guessing something I never watched.

I never watched it either, but it's Kevin Can F*ck Himself.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Useful 2
On 12/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, susannah said:

You forgot the polar bears drowning! I can't watch these ads for one second.

I hate those fucking ads because they're liars. 

On 12/26/2021 at 10:11 PM, mbluecpa said:

The new ad from Facebook featuring employee Aaron is starting to bug. The purpose isn’t entirely clear, though I assure to garner support for a general support of internet/social media regulation. It’s not the worst ever, but…

Probably showing my age here, but he’s introduced as a two-year employee which doesn’t establish a lot of credibility to speak for the organization in my eyes. More pickily, there’s a weird close up shot of his hands gesturing that doesn’t match his vocal emphasis. The interviewer also has this strange hybrid look of a deer in headlights that smelled a fart. Oh, and Aaron’s lips are chapped to hell and back.

Don't even get me started on those FB commercvials!

"Please don't throw me in the brier patch, mister government..,."  *rolls eyes*

Edited by Gharlane
2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I hate those fucking ads because they're lairs. 

Don't even get me started on those FB commercvials!

"Please don't throw me in the brier patch, mister government..,."  *rolls eyes*

Neither of your comments are clear to me.

• Love 2

Ugh. The mom with the twin boys writing a review for Club Crackers. “They’re light, flaky, and …” One of the boys points to the box, which says “Light, Flaky, Buttery.” Mom triumphantly types in “buttery,” sends the review and wonders, “Am I an influencer now?”

No, hon, you’re a plagiarist. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, susannah said:

Neither of your comments are clear to me.

The people who made the commercial about the polar bears are liars. Polar bears aren't going extinct, there are more than ever. As for the FB commercial, without going too far off-topic, they want more government regulation to hinder any potential competition. 

3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Ugh. The mom with the twin boys writing a review for Club Crackers. “They’re light, flaky, and …” One of the boys points to the box, which says “Light, Flaky, Buttery.” Mom triumphantly types in “buttery,” sends the review and wonders, “Am I an influencer now?”

No, hon, you’re a plagiarist. 

I hate "social influencers" and she certainly fits the bill.

• Love 5

I just want to thank whoever is responsible here for getting that stupid Tracy Morgan  commercial off the air!

Last week I wrote about how much I despised that commercial and I haven't seen it since!  You guys are great. 

Now!  Let's talk about the Limu Emu (with Doug) commercials.  I hate those too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Mine is I think Cascade detergent.  The one where people talk about "doing it every night".  It talks about how running even a small load saves water over hand-washing in the sink.  That might actually be true, but running only larger loads saves even more water.  And of course detergent, esp. when it's those pods.  Yeah, I get that is what they are doing, trying to sell more detergent. 

Edited by lh25
spelling
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

They may not be "going extinct" but they certainly are threatened. Because of ongoing and potential loss of their sea ice habitat resulting from climate change–the primary threat to polar bears Arctic-wide–polar bears were listed as a threatened species in the US under the Endangered Species Act in May 2008.

Thank you! No one said they were going extinct, but as you said, they are endangered. People who make sourceless and baseless claims like that annoy me.

• Love 4

The Chunky Soup commercials.  All of them. But especially the one withe the physics teacher eating tuna at his lab desk! "Tuna fish, Steve?" (As opposed to tuna cow or tuna pig?) 

"Tuna fish" ranks right up there with "hot water heater" on my list of phrases that make me want to dick punch someone. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Colleenna said:

The Chunky Soup commercials.  All of them. But especially the one withe the physics teacher eating tuna at his lab desk! "Tuna fish, Steve?" (As opposed to tuna cow or tuna pig?) 

"Tuna fish" ranks right up there with "hot water heater" on my list of phrases that make me want to dick punch someone. 

I think that it is pretty common for many people to say "tuna fish," and has been for ages. Wanting to punch anyone for it sounds excessive. Why so violent? What bugs me is when I have heard anyone refer to hamburger as "hamburger meat" as opposed to "pork meat," etc, BUT I don't want to hit anyone for it.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

BUT...this used to bug me, too, until I discovered "tuna" also refers to the fruit of the prickly pear cactus.  https://lastfiascorun.com/africa/question-why-is-cactus-fruit-called-tuna.html

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, susannah said:

But why did it bug you! Different people have different ways of saying things.

I thought it was redundant. Like saying, "PIN number."  The N in PIN *is* "number."  Just as you say, "Different people have different ways of saying things," different people have different things that set their teeth on edge.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, janie jones said:

Do people only have two plates and one pot? Even when I lived alone, I waited until I had a full load before running the dishwasher. I "did it" once a week.

I live alone and really only use a bowl, plate, small fry pan, soup pot, a cup and glass. I have a lot more dishes, just don't use them. My dishwasher has been broken for a couple of years so it is basically used as a drying rack for the few dishes I use.

• Love 6

I run my dishwasher at half full once, maybe twice, a week. There are only 2 of us and one rarely eats here. If I waited until full, I’d have to keep taking pots out to wash manually.

Why would a man’s razor need an exfoliating strip? I would assume that the sharp metal would do the job better than a plastic piece that follows it.

• Love 4

I run my dishwasher at half full once, maybe twice, a week. There are only 2 of us and one rarely eats here. If I waited until full, I’d have to keep taking pots out to wash manually.

We always hand wash our pots and pans. I guess that's wasting water?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

We always hand wash our pots and pans. I guess that's wasting water?

I don't know if the detergent used in a dishwasher are still so abrasive but years ago when I used a dishwasher on my pots and pans the handles didn't do very well.  They had been on the shiny side and were dulled.  I don't mind washing them.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I don't know if the detergent used in a dishwasher are still so abrasive but years ago when I used a dishwasher on my pots and pans the handles didn't do very well.  They had been on the shiny side and were dulled.  I don't mind washing them.  

Nor do I. I only put glasses, flatware and dishes in the DW. Plastic, I soak in Dawn.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I thought it was redundant. Like saying, "PIN number."  The N in PIN *is* "number."  Just as you say, "Different people have different ways of saying things," different people have different things that set their teeth on edge.

Fair enough.

• Love 3

The Peloton commercial with Scrooge. Just like the controversial one with the wife who embarked on a 1 year fitness journey after her husband got her one for Christmas, both don’t look as if they’ve changed much. If they want to sell this bike, at least show actual people who have used it with their before and after shots 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

One of those Scrooge commercials says “digging deep” and I swore that the narrator said “dicking”! I was like “say what?!”

One also says that what Scrooge hated was "...striding about." Wrong. Scrooge loved nothing more than striding about! He could shove people off the sidewalks and besides, cabs cost money. To hell with that, he's walkin'!

• Love 14

Hubby stuck home with COVID, so he's had the remote a lot.  Now I'm seeing all the commercials (Lume) you've been complaining about.  😄  And you are right.

The one I've been seeing a lot is the Magnolia Network commercial where the mother is breaking thru her daughter's wall.  the end "You're right, he's cute," was not only gross, but really stupid.  Mom would let her just take a boy to her room without meeting him?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, madmax said:

Hubby stuck home with COVID, so he's had the remote a lot.  Now I'm seeing all the commercials (Lume) you've been complaining about.  😄  And you are right.

The one I've been seeing a lot is the Magnolia Network commercial where the mother is breaking thru her daughter's wall.  the end "You're right, he's cute," was not only gross, but really stupid.  Mom would let her just take a boy to her room without meeting him?

YES! The two of them were laying in the young teenage daughters bed and the mother says nothing except "He's cute," that would never happen in my house.

• Love 8
On 12/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, peacheslatour said:

I just saw the commercial for Carolina Herrera Good Girl/Bad Boy fragrances. It annoys, irritates and outright enrages me that the men's fragrance bottle is shaped like a lightning bolt while the women's is shaped like a device used to torture and maim women for decades.

image.png.5cc65d98cde1b846c31cf6bd183c1671.png

There are no words to describe how much I hate that design.

I really like Carolina Herrera's clothes, and I follow the brand on Instagram - which means I unfortunately end up looking at that gruesome sight all the time.

They might as well just replace that torture heel with an image of that animated monster who would lift up that woman's toenail in those old commercials for foot fungus cream.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

YES! The two of them were laying in the young teenage daughters bed and the mother says nothing except "He's cute," that would never happen in my house.

No kidding. Bad parenting there!

• Love 7

I really want to slap that, "really?" look off the actress' face in the BetterHelp commercial

First - if you need therapy/counseling - then by all means, get it.  From a professional.  Don't expect friends/family to have a PHD in psychology, so don't look to them for guidance, advice or emotional support.  And if you do, don't be all, "really - THAT wasn't helpful!" because they failed to 'get' what you're going through.  Again - if you have emotional/psychological issues then seek out a professional.  Don't rely on your inner circle to be your counselors - especially if you're the type of individual who is always dumping on them about what you're going through.  I've known these types - all they want to do is talk about themselves and what they're going through and that no one else could possibly understand.  As much as you want to be supportive and compassionate, whatever you do or say will never be the 'right ' thing.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would be saying something more along the lines of:  "You're right!  He WAS cute".

• LOL 8

This commercial drives me crazy. The dancers are all in perfect sync until the last group when the boy & girl in front do something different with their right legs. How did the director not see this? It makes me nuts!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, GaT said:

This commercial drives me crazy. The dancers are all in perfect sync until the last group when the boy & girl in front do something different with their right legs. How did the director not see this? It makes me nuts!

This one drives me nuts too! Just the whole thing, no nit pick on the ending, the whole thing just bugs me.

• Love 3