Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Those are actually nice pictures. There's something really attractive, to my eye, about that kind of windmill. I don't know what it is, but they make such an imposing presence. Here's one in England when I was visiting cousins. It was taken from the car, so not a great photo but I couldn't resist the way it complemented the landscape. Or maybe i'm just strange :)

11182099_10153191174557778_3195344553567878494_n.thumb.jpg.4e8cd750769e65ac91a7b1d28e240de3.jpg

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Anonymousie said:

Better than looking like Mullet. KJB doesn't make me think "And your little dog too!" 

It's so funny to me, because I actually think behind the hair and orange tan that Michelle is/was an attractive woman, but the kids who most resemble her are super unfortunate looking, at least in childhood. Josh, Jinger,  and Josie are the main examples there. Jinger has grown into an attractive women but from childhood up until her late teens I actually sorry for her for how weird looking she was. 

13 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Is that Jinger's engagement dress? Hmm do I see a tiny belly there?

I don't see a belly. 

13 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It's so funny to me, because I actually think behind the hair and orange tan that Michelle is/was an attractive woman, but the kids who most resemble her are super unfortunate looking, at least in childhood. Josh, Jinger,  and Josie are the main examples there. Jinger has grown into an attractive women but from childhood up until her late teens I actually sorry for her for how weird looking she was. 

I agree. Michelle has pretty features. She just hides them under That Possum and horrible makeup. 

Jinger is attractive now, but as my Nonna used to say, all women are pretty between at about 20. Her theory was you really have to make an effort to be an unattractive 18-24 year old.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I think Jinger and Jill had the most unfortunate awkward stages. I agree Michelle is an attractive woman once you get beyond the frumpy clothes, oompa loompa tan and outdated hair. 

Regarding the windmills, it's funny because I grew up in a coastal New England town and there was mass outrage among the residents when town officials wanted to put one of those things in down by the harbor. It ended up being built, but people were not happy. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Those are actually nice pictures. There's something really attractive, to my eye, about that kind of windmill. I don't know what it is, but they make such an imposing presence. Here's one in England when I was visiting cousins. It was taken from the car, so not a great photo but I couldn't resist the way it complemented the landscape. Or maybe i'm just strange :)

11182099_10153191174557778_3195344553567878494_n.thumb.jpg.4e8cd750769e65ac91a7b1d28e240de3.jpg

They are wind turbines - generating electricity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_turbine And can generate controversy and opposition. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3

There is an outbreak of the Zika virus in Texas with 18 pregnant women diagnosed with Zika in Brownsville and McAllen (148 miles from Laredo).  One woman just gave birth to a baby with Microcephaly, characterized by a small head and small brain as well as other problems.  It might not be a good time for Jinger to plan a pregnancy, not that Duggars actually 'plan' a pregnancy.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mosquito-season-pregnant-women-texas-zika/

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Mollie said:

There is an outbreak of the Zika virus in Texas with 18 pregnant women diagnosed with Zika in Brownsville and McAllen (148 miles from Laredo).  One woman just gave birth to a baby with Microcephaly, characterized by a small head and small brain as well as other problems.  It might not be a good time for Jinger to plan a pregnancy, not that Duggars actually 'plan' a pregnancy.

Don't worry about Jinger all Duggars have perfect babies and that includes Josie not.

2 hours ago, Mollie said:

That is unbearably sad. And scary.

• Love 9

I think it's funny they filmed wind turbines.  They are thought to be a better non-polluting form of energy.  Not good for birds, but still better than other forms that cause pollution.  I thought the Duggars & their ilk think the earth is theirs to pollute as much as they want.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ariel said:

I think it's funny they filmed wind turbines.  They are thought to be a better non-polluting form of energy.  Not good for birds, but still better than other forms that cause pollution.  I thought the Duggars & their ilk think the earth is theirs to pollute as much as they want.

I rolled my eyes at the stupidity of a commenter on Jeremy's post who said that turbines were "big polluters." Who knows where this idiot gets her news? Wind turbines aren't exactly a new thing. Jeez...

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I rolled my eyes at the stupidity of a commenter on Jeremy's post who said that turbines were "big polluters." Who knows where this idiot gets her news? Wind turbines aren't exactly a new thing. Jeez...

The Duggars are strange in the sense that they love the fetus, but hate the child of those less fortunate.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, ariel said:

The Duggars are strange in the sense that they love the fetus, but hate the child of those less fortunate.

Ma and Pa Duggar aren't all that fond of their own kids, actually, in my opinion. They can love the fetus because it's all the trophy JB needs to prove his manhood and, in this case, the only trophy Meeechelle needs to prove she's the mother of the year who gave birth to every one of them. Once the kid's born it not only makes more specific demands but it's got a will of its own. They can't stand that. How would any of us like it if our bowling trophies started demanding grilled cheese for lunch when we gave it peanut butter or disagreed with us about politics? I swear that's all those kids are to them. If the kids weren't mere trophies, they'd want fewer so that they could properly care for and get to actually know them, seems to me.

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Ma and Pa Duggar aren't all that fond of their own kids, actually, in my opinion. They can love the fetus because it's all the trophy JB needs to prove his manhood and, in this case, the only trophy Meeechelle needs to prove she's the mother of the year who gave birth to every one of them. Once the kid's born it not only makes more specific demands but it's got a will of its own. They can't stand that. How would any of us like it if our bowling trophies started demanding grilled cheese for lunch when we gave it peanut butter or disagreed with us about politics? I swear that's all those kids are to them. If the kids weren't mere trophies, they'd want fewer so that they could properly care for and get to actually know them, seems to me.

It's because, somehow, in their minds, every time an egg is fertilized, it  means that God made a specific plan for that specific  embryo, whether it was wanted, unwanted, planned, accidental, a tragedy for all involved, or never going to live beyond a vegetative state.  Every single one is somehow better off being born, even if it is into a life of neglect, abuse, or agony leading to an ultimately merciful early death. 

I have to wonder how they would actually deal with a severely disabled child. Even, arguably, with a few they may have who might benefit from  whole lot of intervention somewhere along the line.

What is it that they think God has planned for all these kids, and what are they doing to give them all the best chance possible?

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm with George Carlin on this one.  These wackos are all for the unborn!  But once you're born, you're on your own!  

• Love 6
(edited)

I actually think that's a sweet photo.  JB & Michelle actually match nicely, and Jinger's smile seems real and joyful. 

Her parents still suck, but girlfriend got the best wedding and photos so far........

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 20
21 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I actually think that's a sweet photo.  JB & Michelle actually match nicely, and Jinger's smile seems real and joyful. 

Her parents still suck, but girlfriend got the best wedding and photos so far........

I agree. For once, JB and Michelle are co-ordinated without looking totally cheesy and the purple in their clothes plays off nicely with the berries in Jinger's bouquet. It was a major step up from Jill's and Jessa's weddings.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. For once, JB and Michelle are co-ordinated without looking totally cheesy and the purple in their clothes plays off nicely with the berries in Jinger's bouquet. It was a major step up from Jill's and Jessa's weddings.

And you know Jessa thought her "rebel" choice of a blush pink gown would always put her on top.   I think Jing beat her by a mile in all categories, including groom!  *LOL*

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I guess Jeremy will soon preach a sermon on Philippians.  lol.  At least his prep fits in with my mental imagings of what a good minister does.

That pile of books looks like Jeremy is trying to make up for the fact that he never attended theology school and doesn't have the slightest idea what he is doing.  He should have done all that reading and studying before deciding he was a minister.

He must really feel inadequate to read that pile of books to give a sermon to 20 people.

• Love 9

He's not reading all those books, just finding reference material. I wonder if he cites it during his sermons and can make his own arguments based on whatever Bible quote and source material he's using? Or is he totally plagiarizing? Curious minds....and even Jinger wouldn't know the answer, since it's highly unlikely she's even cracked open many, if any, of Jeremy's books. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Jeremy is reading some fundy version of Cliff Notes & just regurgitating it to us.  I also think Jeremy is a Tim Tebow want to be.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1

I just love this thread's title.  Kudos to whomever came up with "Holy Goalie."

I do think the above photo is nice.  One snark though:  why does Dimbulb think that grey suit does him any favors?  A guy that uses Aqua Net would be more fashionable, I would think!

9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger gets grilled about her fecundity even before Jill left for Danger America. Also confirmed that the show is coming back next month. 

http://people.com/tv/counting-on-jinger-duggar-vuolo-sisters-grilling-her-about-starting-family/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Geeez I hate Jill and Jessa. Leave the poor girl alone maybe she wants to actually enjoy time with her husband and not focus on babymaking. 

I think Jessa is definitely jealous that Jinger had some time to enjoy married life with an adult husband with a job before popping out babies. I bet they are doing some type of family planning. Jessa is so dumb I think she thought that it wouldn't happen right away because I vaguely  remember saying she wanted to wait 3 years before having a baby since her husband was barely legal at the time.

• Love 10

Judging from the expression on Jinger's face, I wonder if she isn't starting to outgrow her siblings a bit. Maybe after spending some time outside the compound, she realizes those sorts of questions are completely inappropriate. It's basically your own family asking about your sex life. Gross. 

• Love 24

I have been really crossing my fingers that they're trying Natural Family Planning. When I took NFP classes, they were taught by observant Catholics, but quite a few of the attendees were evangelicals who were wanting to "not shut God out' of the family planning process but who also were realistic enough to realize that one baby per year was probably not going to be great for their families. 

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Annb67 said:

How f- ing obnoxious are those four girls standing around asking the only freaking thing they know to say. I hope Jinj responds with "Mind your own damn business bitches. I'm actually enjoying my time with my husband."

They all did the same shit to Anna....they pestered her for months until she got pregnant. 

ETA: OK, saw the clip. Not to defend them much but that looked staged. I'm sure they've asked a ton of times but that particularly moment looked fake to me---from the way Jill asked to the expression on Jinger's face. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 1

The one thing in the accompanying article that made me SO happy was learning that Jill was having another boy.  She & Jessa just can't seem to spawn that girl baby to take the child-raising off their hands!  

Watch Jinger wait 2-3 years then have the girl, while the others including Joy Anna keep squirting out boys.   *LOL*  THAT would be such poetic justice!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

The one thing in the accompanying article that made me SO happy was learning that Jill was having another boy.  She & Jessa just can't seem to spawn that girl baby to take the child-raising off their hands!  

Watch Jinger wait 2-3 years then have the girl, while the others including Joy Anna keep squirting out boys.   *LOL*  THAT would be such poetic justice!

Jessa has said before that she wanted all boys.  For some reason she doesn't want to parent or mother a daughter.

Was that Jessa or Bin? I read somewhere he said he wanted a football team, fifteen boys. Sorry if I'm misinformed, I have no idea how many are needed to form a football team.