Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Beth64 said:

Maybe pants are actually more modest. No skin showing!

No maybe about it in my book, for me anyway. No chance of sitting wrong, getting out of a car wrong, or having the wind blow and exposing myself. 

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

No maybe about it in my book, for me anyway. No chance of sitting wrong, getting out of a car wrong, or having the wind blow and exposing myself. 

Yes, but then you're not preoccupied with such things, and hdve more brainpower to put towards something else. Not good in their world.

• Love 6

I'm always struck by how awful her hair is. While I don't like the long hair on any of her sisters, they do all have surprisingly healthy-looking hair considering the length and all the heat styling, but Jinger's hair is a tragic mess.

• Love 8

She looks crazy skinny, also agreed on her hair. Girl, at least get a trim and cut off the dead hair.

It's so sad that a man had to rescue her from a life of skirts. Hopefully she's happy and living the life she wants, and not a new headship thing. I personally find anything away from JB major progress. The other sisters married total doofs. Just the fact that Jeremy said they weren't in a hurry for children, and here we are 6 months later? Even if she gets pregnant right now it's a big wow. What exactly is Jeremy's belief -- is natural family planning ok -- or is that F'ing with God's plan? I know what the Duggars think, but Jeremy pulled a fast one on them with the pants and shorts. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

in honor of Jeremy I'm going to put on my full whore no liberty bathing suit and go lure some brothers at the beach. 

Make sure that they are YOUR brothers, per Jeremy's edict.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

What exactly is Jeremy's belief -- is natural family planning ok -- or is that F'ing with God's plan? I know what the Duggars think, but Jeremy pulled a fast one on them with the pants and shorts. 

I didn't listen to the whole pitch but the pastor at Jeremy's sending church is not opposed to all birth control.  Jeremy may well share the belief that not all birth control is evil or that families should have as many children as possible.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aja said:

I just found this. I do beg your pardon if it has already been posted, but...

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/04/18/why-jinger-duggar-is-suddenly-allowed-to-wear-pants-her-husband-jeremy-vuolo-speaks-out/

The Holy Goalie has this to say:

"“It is your liberty as to whether you dress modestly with a modest pair of pants, or with a skirt, or with a T-shirt, or with a blouse,” Jeremy said during a December 18 sermon at Grace Community Church in Laredo, Texas. “It is not your liberty, women, to wear sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers.”"

He still sucks. And REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to re-think his choice of words.

Oh, but I think he gave that word choice a hell of a lot of thought. He chose to make it clear that he is on board with the way the Duggars handled the molestations.

• Love 2

I like the idea that Jinger wears pants on what appears to be a regular basis based on the number of photos we've seen. Not just a one and done thing. 

As to the sermon- their religion calls for modest dress. The parishioners are free to find a different church if they don't agree.   She's not in a burka, not wearing magic undergarments, nor covering her hair. Personally, I agree with a little decorum in what you wear. I, a female, really don't need to see your private parts exposed, or 'red carpet level 'barely covered. Having said that, wearing those types of things doesn't give anyone leave to touch you without permission. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Aja said:

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/04/18/why-jinger-duggar-is-suddenly-allowed-to-wear-pants-her-husband-jeremy-vuolo-speaks-out/

"“It is your liberty as to whether you dress modestly with a modest pair of pants, or with a skirt, or with a T-shirt, or with a blouse,” Jeremy said during a December 18 sermon at Grace Community Church in Laredo, Texas. “It is not your liberty, women, to wear sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers.”"

He still sucks. And REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to re-think his choice of words.

Incredibly creepy wording given his wife's childhood experiences.

• Love 14

I wonder if it has ever once occurred to Jeremy that living his life in constant condemnation and harsh,  cruel judgement of others right down to the kind of top people want to wear might...I don't know, MIGHT...be an indication of Satan working his fortress magic? Since Jesus himself was all about "Judge not lest ye be judged, only Dad and I get to do that"? Or am I mistaken and the Bible actually says "Only Dad, I and white American fundies get to do that"?

• Love 10

I'd actually even be ok if he had said the same thing about men tempting women. Not anything I believe in, but be an equal opportunity assbag. They must believe in it somewhat -- Duggar boys never wear shorts. Jeremy does, looks good, and never runs around shirtless or anything. So just SAY that. 

Sigh, just when I think I can get into this couple a teeny tiny bit. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aja said:

Personally, it has always been very difficult for me to understand, even when I was an active part of a church, why the sight of bodies that God supposedly created are so distasteful, scary, disgusting, threatening and unacceptable. However, the fact that I don't understand a concept doesn't mean anything. There are literally millions of concepts in existence that I don't understand. It doesn't bother me; dress how you're comfortable.

However.

It will be a cold day in hell before I let some redneck stranger tell me what I'm at liberty to wear or not wear.

I could like this a dozen times 

• Love 5

Duggar boys started wearing shorts once Derick came on the scene. Remember, they don't believe that women lust with their eyes like men do, so allowing the boys to wear shorts is really no big deal. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Duggar boys started wearing shorts once Derick came on the scene. Remember, they don't believe that women lust with their eyes like men do, so allowing the boys to wear shorts is really no big deal. 

Looking at the Duggar dudes I can see why they'd think that. :)

• Love 18
On 3/30/2017 at 0:40 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Emeraldgirl said-I'd actually even be ok if he had said the same thing about men tempting women. Not anything I believe in, but be an equal opportunity assbag.

13615450_951058338326309_6792004880768933919_n.jpg

You mean like this?  I think this is a good example of his general assbaggery.

Edited by toodles
spelling
  • Love 9

Keep in mind that he likely didn't do this voluntarily, and he likely forgot all about it. He might not even be aware that the picture was dug up and posted all over Duggar snark sites (not sure if it got as far as the gossip rags like the Daily Fail).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

This is not Jeremy preaching, but it's his church so he must agree with this nonsense!

The sermon starts off promising, as the preacher reads a verse about mutual submission.  Then he veers off into a 40 minute talk of how mutual submission does not affect the wife.  She MUST OBEY AND SUBMIT to her husband at all times.  He repeats this over and over and over....  

The rest of the sermon is about wives having babies (and submission), and not having jobs (and submission), and not believing in feminism ( and submission), and not aborting your babies (and submission), rinse, repeat, until you fall asleep from boredom!

• Love 5

Forgot Ephesians 5. I think that's where husbands are charged with loving their wives as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her. 

Uhm, that's a pretty egregious omission.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Forgot Ephesians 5. I think that's where husbands are charged with loving their wives as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her. 

Uhm, that's a pretty egregious omission.

Kind of. I looked it up yes, Ephesians chapter 5 has lines to the effect you mentioned. But it also has lines about wife's submitting and being obedient etc. 

I was thinking today that Amy was allowed to wear pants around the Duggars, even when they were at the most conservative. I bet the pants thing doesn't bother her parents as much as the fact she doesn't seem to be pregnant.  Her parents may even like that everyone thinks her wearing pants is shocking (and getting her/and the show press) when in reality they don't care that much. (Now that she is married and on her own.) 

• Love 1

I only mentioned the husband part of Ephesians 5, since the pastor seemed to have the wife's submission bit pretty well covered. :)

I mean geez, it tells the husband to lay down his life for his wife if necessary. These "bible believing Christians" seem to tend to forget that part of the charge. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Aja said:

From Matthew: "28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

Maybe if they can't help but lust after women who don't meet their restrictive standards of modesty, instead of shaming the women into covering up, they could gouge out their own eyes.

• Love 21

This guy is an assistant who fills in when Jeremy isn't there (which seems to be a lot). I wonder if Jeremy writes the sermons and this guy gives them, or if this sermon was written by the assistant pastor? I imagine if that was the case, Jeremy still had veto control over the message. It IS his church, after all; it's up to him to control the message. Right? 

Yes, I want to pin this on him if only to illustrate that Jinger is only free when compared to Gothardism in full flower, as it still is (for the most part) in Duggarville.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This guy is an assistant who fills in when Jeremy isn't there (which seems to be a lot).

That brings up a good question.  In the past year, how many days has Jeremy actually worked at his church?  He seems to always be "on the road" .

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This guy is an assistant who fills in when Jeremy isn't there (which seems to be a lot).

Yeah, and to show us more about the real nature of Jere-MEEEE, I looked all over the church website, and I couldn't find a single word about any other human being involved in that church except Jere-MEEEE. And there are paeans to Jer all over the place.

Meanwhile, he's constantly on vacation and other people -- this guy and others -- are clearly doing stuff to keep things going. Because not only do they list Sunday services but they list weekly activities on Wednesdays and Fridays -- and we know Jer's missed a lot of those days, too. Plus, of course, there are floors to be swept and trash to be emptied and lawns to be mowed. And we know Jere-MEEE isn't doing any of that. But if you read the website you hear only of him. It's another of those Duggar and Duggar-adjacent things that seem nearly pathological.

• Love 7

Well, he's a BIG! NAME! now. I'm surprised he didn't change his name to Jeremy Duggar when they got married. I'm sure if it wasn't unambiguously aligning yourself with Satan to show a woman respect and esteem, he would have.

• Love 2

I just cannot stand Jeremy. 

I despise when people do whatever the hell they want, then have some religious experience and boss the rest of us around. 

My male Duggar hate order:  Josh & Jim Bob are first place with Jeremy sliding into second! 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

I just cannot stand Jeremy. 

I despise when people do whatever the hell they want, then have some religious experience and boss the rest of us around. 

I know the type.  They get to have fun when young, sew their wild oats &  they get through it a-ok. They get older, get very "moral" & don't want others to have any fun.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 21
20 hours ago, kalamac said:

From Matthew: "28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

Maybe if they can't help but lust after women who don't meet their restrictive standards of modesty, instead of shaming the women into covering up, they could gouge out their own eyes.

Maybe they ought to damage another body part, rather than an eye. And how do they know which eye is the sinning eye? Close one and see if they lust, then try the other?  ;)

• Love 9

Unpopular opinion alert!

Ben is a dope and all that.  But at least he has been consistent.      

Of course, Ben is younger but Jeremy was younger once too and he didn't seem all too Jesusy judging from that picture, his tat and his drunk arrest. I'm sure he has bedded down a few girls. Plus, he appears to be quite impressed with himself. 

Jeremy has partied, had some religious experience and is now an expert in Godly Living 101.  Gimme a break. (eye roll)    

I prefer Ben to Jeremy. (Ok, that's not saying much but...this is the Duggars).  Benny talks a fundie game but at least he is consistent.  Those are his beliefs and while we might not agree, he appears to stick by them.

JereME?  I feel he is all about what is good for him. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 9