Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa and Sierra are so vain. They're wearing labeled shirts to explain their less than fit bodies.

No, they're showing off. It's like you or I wearing our college sweatshirt or an athlete wearing a team jersey LOL

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have the feeling Jana was only allowed to hang out with the marrieds because Jessa needed a nanny to watch the kids while she and Bin did date night with Jeremy and Jinger.  I'm sure Joy was on Mommy-slave duty back at the TTH. 

I thought when you're courting you get excused from housework and are allowed to moon over and daydream about your Beau.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Anonymousie said:

Can anybody else see Jinger's bra through her shirt? I see the top edge of the cups, and the white showing through. 

A real bra! Not a Wal-Mart "sports bra" from the family lingerie drawer.  She must be so freaking happy. 

• Love 2

Jinger looks AMAZING.  Her hair, the color of her top and yes, the pants.  I wouldn't have chosen them for myself but this shows that the shorts weren't a one-time thing.  Good for her, because I choose to believe that this is her choice (even if Jeremy had to "approve").  Do we still have to listen to the Duggars explain that their girls feel compelled to joyfully wear dresses and that they aren't forced to do so? Is it too much to hope that we get to see Jinger's first heathen clothes shopping spree?  I would pay anything to watch JimBob seethe upon seeing Jinger gallivanting around in public wearing shorts and saying "By the way, call me Nicole."

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 15

I wonder what Jessa will say about wearing pants in her modesty talk thing. Since marriage her clothes have been terrible. She really should be wearing a more fitted skirt with that loose shirt and she needs a proper bra for her new jugs.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jinger looks AMAZING.  Her hair, the color of her top and yes, the pants.  I wouldn't have chosen them for myself but this shows that the shorts weren't a one-time thing.  Good for her, because I choose to believe that this is her choice (even if Jeremy had to "approve").  Do we still have to listen to the Duggars explain that their girls feel compelled to joyfully wear dresses and that they aren't forced to do so? Is it too much to hope that we get to see Jinger's first heathen clothes shopping spree?  I would pay anything to watch JimBob seethe upon seeing Jinger gallivanting around in public wearing shorts and saying "By the way, call me Nicole."

Jeremy's Mom and sister wear pants, and his father is a preacher.  It's accepted in his family.  Plus,  the women and girls in Jeremy's church wear pants, too.  

• Love 3

I'm so freaking happy for jinger! You go girl. FU crazy ass parents. So this probably means she wears a REAL bathing suit as well and not those horrible monstrosities that Boob forced them to wear.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Jinger looks awesome in pants

I am impressed with the swiftness of her 'leaving' her family and 'cleaving' to her new headship who seems to give her more leeway than Kim Jung Boob.  Honestly how sad is it though that wearing pants and going against ones raisin' is cause for high fives?  Now I want to see her with a beer or wine cooler.  Baby steps.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Emme said:

Chip and Joanna Gaines worship at Antioch Church where the pastor is a homophobe who supports "conversion therapy," and opposes LGBTQ rights. Of course, to maintain their empire, the Gaineses have tried to distance themselves from that part of the pastor's beliefs. However, I find it hard to believe that if they did not share those beliefs, that they would continue to worship at the church. I will not support any of the Gaineses endeavors - shows, books, merch, etc.

Oh yikes and yuk. Unlike the Duggars, they had me fooled. I never would have guessed that they believed in hate.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am impressed with the swiftness of her 'leaving' her family and 'cleaving' to her new headship who seems to give her more leeway than Kim Jung Boob.  Honestly how sad is it though that wearing pants and going against ones raisin' is cause for high fives?  Now I want to see her with a beer or wine cooler.  Baby steps.

I was thinking that same thing. We are all practically passed out with excitement because Jing is wearing pants. I am wearing pants today. Can I get a high five too??? LOL.

• Love 18
Just now, Westiepeach said:

I was thinking that same thing. We are all practically passed out with excitement because Jing is wearing pants. I am wearing pants today. Can I get a high five too??? LOL.

WHOOO!  Slapping that hand way up high!  Victory lap please!

I would love for Jinger's next foray into fashion be gogo boots and a tube top.  Too much?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I can't wait to see what Joy ends up doing, I'm hoping we see blue jeans at her wedding! Hopefully Jinger can be a trail blazer for all of her sisters.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I'm so freaking happy for jinger! You go girl. FU crazy ass parents. So this probably means she wears a REAL bathing suit as well and not those horrible monstrosities that Boob forced them to wear.

OMG can you imagine? It would likely be hard for her, I think.  I would assume you would feel like naked at first! Maybe she can ease into it with those Land's End shorts/tankini 2 pieces and then work her way up!!

https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-underwire-squareneck-tankini-top/id_305707?sku_0=::2VH

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I THINK Jinger's pants don't have a fly zipper.

I was raised IFB (lite) and the way to wear pants was to choose pants without a fly because then they are not "men's clothing"

They don't seem to. The pants resemble what some of my co-workers refer to a business leggings, basically pull-up pants that are a tad loose fitting. I believe the shorts she wore were basic jean shorts with a fly and zipper though.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I can't wait to see what Joy ends up doing, I'm hoping we see blue jeans at her wedding! Hopefully Jinger can be a trail blazer for all of her sisters.

Joy's marrying Austen...I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to the prairie dresses of her early childhood. Though if any of them would permanently give up skirts for jeans, it would be Joy.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

OMG can you imagine? It would likely be hard for her, I think.  I would assume you would feel like naked at first! Maybe she can ease into it with those Land's End shorts/tankini 2 pieces and then work her way up!!

https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-underwire-squareneck-tankini-top/id_305707?sku_0=::2VH

That's a skirt over a normal bathing suit bottom. 

Anyway I don't know enough about Jeremy to know if he really feels he should have to approve her fashion choices. He may think that she being an adult can dress herself.  He may offer advice if she asks for it.  It's hard to say how many of her family traditions they are carrying over. 

• Love 3

I hope that maybe she just doesn't know how to buy jeans and she bought ones that didn't fit right. Upon closers inspection they seem to be under her belly, so maybe maternity pants? I truly hope not....

Edited by Lunera
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I hope that maybe she just doesn't know how to buy jeans and she bought ones that didn't fit right. Upon closers inspection they seem to be under her belly, so maybe maternity pants? I truly hope not....

Eh, I think she was in a thrift shop, and that was the closest thing that fit. What 23 year old wears baggy, slug green leggings - sort of - with a baggy hi-lo blue top? Mismatch to me. She looks great in both colors, but not in that configuration. eta: can't see this pic for some reason, but there's the one where the girls are straight on, and you can see that Jinger's pants are close fitting. NO BABY!!!!! Unless she's just announced to her crew. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:
2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I think that she probably hasn't gotten the art form of buying pants down yet. I've been wearing pants for 29 years now and I still can't find any that fit my strange body correctly. ;-)

I thought the same thing about Jinger & agree finding pants that fit can be a challenge even tho I think she looks fine.  (I can't believe my MIL insists on buying me pants for Christmas or my birthday that never fit or aren't my style but that's another story....)

• Love 4
18 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I thought when you're courting you get excused from housework and are allowed to moon over and daydream about your Beau.

Interesting. I wonder if that's still true now that they're running out of J'slaves? Before they always had spares. Now, not so much when Jana's away on care duties elsewhere with princess Jessa.

• Love 3

So, Jeremy took another 3-day vacation.  Why is it that only the husbands of the Duggar girls went on that trip and not the husbands of the other married women?  It's because the other husbands have real jobs!  Jeremy is a huge disappointment.  He really isn't interested in being a full-time pastor at all.

• Love 4

"I glad jinger's wear pant good for her since she's married". 

The lack of work ethic in these supposedly godly providers for their families, and financial geniuses, really makes me mad.

• Love 5

Is this being filmed? 

If it's being filmed, then I'm gonna cut Jeremy a break. JinJer is earning a paycheck from TLC.  

If it's not being filmed? Well, I doubt his church of 25 people will miss him for a few days in the middle of the week.  ;)  I'm sure he has his cell phone in case a theological emergency happens. 

• Love 5

I think the pants were designed to generate interest in JinJer and another season of Counting On. 

Somebody is very shrewd to think that up and that would be Jeremy. 

Remember that stupid devotional they did together before their wedding?  Jeremy said "we want to be intentional with our love"  Who talks like that?  Who thinks like that?  It's a wedding not a show.  Oh wait! It IS a TLC show!   Seems Jeremy is pretty image aware.   

Jinger has worn skirts her whole life.  She takes one family vacation and she HAS to wear pants and be photographed, which was posted all over social media. Everyone is analyzing Jinger and her pants.  Jeremy probably said "oh, Jinge, you looks so sexy in the pants" and she said "oh, baaabe!" and grabbed those pants! 

Jeremy is selling it!  Media is buying it. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm sure he has his cell phone in case a theological emergency happens. 

Right.  In case someone needs "biblical exegetical expository teaching."

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Right.  In case someone needs "biblical exegetical expository teaching."

That's right! 

Those "Biblical Exegetical Expository" emergencies happen all the time in my family. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Eh, I think she was in a thrift shop, and that was the closest thing that fit. What 23 year old wears baggy, slug green leggings - sort of - with a baggy hi-lo blue top? Mismatch to me. She looks great in both colors, but not in that configuration. eta: can't see this pic for some reason, but there's the one where the girls are straight on, and you can see that Jinger's pants are close fitting. NO BABY!!!!! Unless she's just announced to her crew. 

I don't think they are leggings. That bit right under her shirt looks like the bottom of a zipper covering to me (and I've officially spent far too much time staring at Jinger's crotch), and they look more like trouser material, than legging material.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I don't think they are leggings. That bit right under her shirt looks like the bottom of a zipper covering to me (and I've officially spent far too much time staring at Jinger's crotch), and they look more like trouser material, than legging material.

I have a number of pairs of pull-on pants which are indistinguishable from regular pants. they have mock zipper covers and mock pockets (which latter is a bit of a pain since I can't carry anything without a bag of some description, but I find that on my body type, almost any sort of pant pocket gapes in a weird way and spoils the line, so I live with it).

• Love 5

I guess we should expect an episode next season where Jeremy changes Jinger's mind about pants and takes her pants shopping. Now maybe he should encourage a haircut.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I think that she probably hasn't gotten the art form of buying pants down yet. I've been wearing pants for 29 years now and I still can't find any that fit my strange body correctly. ;-)

That's the reason why 9 out of 10 times I will wear a skirt :)

• Love 1
On 4/12/2017 at 9:55 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And good for Jinger for wearing pants around her family so soon. You know she got all sorts of side eye and snippy comments. That couldn't have been easy. 

I am dying to know what jessa said to her in private...

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I am dying to know what jessa said to her in private...

Hopefully not

"Oh, Jeremy prefers me in pants so that's what I'm wearing"

Because I totally think that is the case. I'm not buying the "jinger is so liberated now" routine at all. 

Jessa is privately thanking God that her man is more spiritual and allows her to wear skirts. 

• Love 6

I doubt Jinger will be filmed in pants, but this trip could surprise me. She certainly will be like Alyssa Bates and wear skirts when she visits the compound. Note that she wore skirts when with the entire family on the bus trip to Ohio, the Ark Encounter, and the wedding of Tabby and the Rapist. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Mollie said:

So, Jeremy took another 3-day vacation.  Why is it that only the husbands of the Duggar girls went on that trip and not the husbands of the other married women?  It's because the other husbands have real jobs!  Jeremy is a huge disappointment.  He really isn't interested in being a full-time pastor at all.

Is Jana wearing Leggings? Nope, never mind, Jana is next to the woman in leggings.

Edited by GeeGolly

And now we have Jeremy wearing his hat backwards.  

Why is Ben's hair so high?  I thought "the higher the hair, the closer to God" was only for the wimmenfolk.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

And now we have Jeremy wearing his hat backwards.  

Why is Ben's hair so high?  I thought "the higher the hair, the closer to God" was only for the wimmenfolk.

He's trying to make himself look as tall as Jeremy. Or -- light socket? 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Mollie said:

Wait a minute. When the heck was this trip anyway? Because Pastor Jeremy didn't take a vacation during Holy Week, did he? This trip must have happened a couple weeks ago or something, right?

8 hours ago, Aja said:

Oooh, how great that Jinger's husband allows her to wear pants!

lol

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Jana wearing Leggings? Nope, never mind, Jana is next to the woman in leggings.

Jana has sewn a little modesty ruffle around the bottom of her dress. Argh. (She still looks nice, though. Partly because the pictures are too blurry to show the damn modesty ruffle.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jessa is privately thanking God that her man is more spiritual and allows her to wear skirts. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Jessa envies Jinger; who looks great, by the way.  As a matter of fact, Jessa has been looking a little rough lately; which is understandable, what with having two kids under two.  

• Love 3