Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, SMama said:

We sometimes do when we have dinner leftovers. My husband tends to buy Fred Flinstone cuts. Sorry  😞🤗.

We have it when it's on sale at a really good price like at Lidl. We'll buy several and keep them in the freezer.

• Love 1

I'm going to take a slightly different position than most here.  I think that there should be no pictures of the children with obscured faces and backs of heads in various activities.  No one needs to know what they do or where they go, but I think they could do portrait type pictures a couple of times a year.  I don't see that as invading privacy or endangering them.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 18
55 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I'm going to take a slightly different position than most here.  I think that there should be no pictures of the children, with obscured faces and backs of heads, in various activities.  No one needs to know what they do or where they go, but I think they could do portrait type pictures a couple of time a year.  I don't see that as invading privacy or endangering them.

That's my position. You can't tell much about what they're doing from a portrait picture, and you get to see them get older over time. You can tell a lot more about pictures where you just see the back of them. The only thing missing is the face.

• Love 7

The only drawback with the formal pictures is, if they're any good they might end up as an ad for something. Maybe something one disagrees with too. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I don't have any respect for the "I'm posting the back of their heads to respect their privacy" school of thought. That's not respecting their privacy. That's trying to cover mommy's and daddy's asses from critics with a valid point about safety while you still disrespect the kids' privacy and if anything you're drawing just as much attention to them by making such a big deal out of taking pictures but hiding their faces. 

This! 

The whole “pictures of backs of heads” is ridiculous and sort of reminds me of Michael Jackson (on a much smaller scale) making his kids wear masks… they still appeared in pictures and videos going places but always wearing bizarre masks 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's so many reasons parents don't post pics of their kids including privacy and safety. The royal family, who are world wide famous, publish a few, to keep the paparazzi at bay and satisfy their public obligation. Some famous celebrities keep their kids completely off SM and then other celebrities and influencers who promote their kids online and there's a bunch in between.

Because Jinger wrote in their book that she felt vulnerable by the Duggar 19 publicity growing up, J & J were kind of forced to walk the walk. But really I don't think they think its a problem, so they appear disingenuous - because they are.

Usually, A-list celebrities that have actual talents of their own mostly keep their kids out of the press and social media. It’s the Z-listers, washed up reality “stars,” and “influencers” that need to exploit their kids because they themselves don’t actually have any talent and skills to support their families without doing so. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

I'm going to take a slightly different position than most here.  I think that there should be no pictures of the children with obscured faces and backs of heads in various activities.  No one needs to know what they do or where they go, but I think they could do portrait type pictures a couple of times a year.  I don't see that as invading privacy or endangering them.

I agree. The hiding their faces thing is half assed, but it’s still better than making hugely exploitative videos featuring their very young kids like Jessa and Joy do. They should all be supporting their own kids and giving them the privacy they deserve. Your suggestion of simply posting pictures a couple times a year is a great one, imo.

• Love 9

Jinger addressed what appears to have been concern for her appearance in her stories. She claims she has coffee, eggs, and toast for breakfast every day (as a creature of habit), then works out pretty intensely. Lots of weights. 

I hope she feels comfortable and not like she has to stay thin for Jer. Exercise bulimia and anorexia are serious issues. I'm concerned because she has self-admitted history with EDs. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

He definitely is not a charismatic speaker. He’ll never lead a large church, but he may make it as a youth pastor, though he is a bit old for that. Maybe an assistant pastor who does a lot of visiting, outreach and just subs in the pulpit when the head pastor is out of town?

Outreach and visitation?  I doubt it. That would require some concern for others’ needs and time away from golfing and eating out, which he does not have. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Looks like a giant uterus behind him. 😂

It's a diagram of the Trinity, often used in discussion of the Athanasian Creed.  We used to have to recite the entire creed on Trinity Sunday, but they changed it to answer responsively so it's less confusing.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2022 at 12:41 PM, Suzn said:

I also think there’s nothing wrong with posting a family pic once or twice a year.  I have no idea what the point is of posting only the girl’s bodies/feet/back of head/etc.  It’s like dangling a carrot just out of reach of a rabbit.  If they don’t want people to see the child’s face, they should stop posting everything about the child.  I don’t know why they ever started posting pictures of Felicity to begin with if they’re so strongly against it.  Forget I said that.  I know EXACTLY why they posted all of those pics of Felicity.  They did it to gain more Counting On viewers.

Edited by farmgal4
Left out a word.
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I also think there’s nothing wrong with posting a family pic once or twice a year.  I have no idea what the point is of posting only the girl’s bodies/feet/back of head/etc.  It’s like dangling a carrot just out of reach of a rabbit.  If they don’t want people to see the child’s face, they should stop posting everything about the child.  I know why they ever started posting pictures of Felicity to begin with if they’re so strongly against it.  Forget I said that.  I know EXACTLY why they posted all of those pics of Felicity.  They did it to gain more Counting On viewers.

I stand firm in two things here 

1. they stared this “privacy” conviction after Gabby and Cade did, and they’ll do anything to stay in that game bubble 

2. dangling the carrot gets them the attention they want. They are disingenuous with their “conviction” so teasers get them likes, comments and attention, they feed off people begging to see the children much like Jessa does with her name/gender BS

• Love 20
On 4/26/2022 at 4:31 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Jinger addressed what appears to have been concern for her appearance in her stories. She claims she has coffee, eggs, and toast for breakfast every day (as a creature of habit), then works out pretty intensely. Lots of weights. 

I hope she feels comfortable and not like she has to stay thin for Jer. Exercise bulimia and anorexia are serious issues. I'm concerned because she has self-admitted history with EDs. 

Did she say if she eats anything else the rest of the day/evening?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2022 at 4:31 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Her “eggs and toast” is probably like my mom’s - one egg and half a slice of toast, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I thought the same thing about Jinger's eggs and toast for breakfast. I thought she shared one egg with Felicity and Evangeline...maybe a bite of the toast for her and the rest for the girls. I'm sure she's full of it.  Working out intently after breakfast? Why, so she can negate those calories? It looks like that to me. I would like to see video/photos of Jinger throwing most of those ice cream cones she claims to enjoy in the trash. My suspicions may be true. I hope they are not.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I forgot about her long Covid. I doubt she eats much.

I’m not even sure she has long Covid. She may be using that as excuse to explain why she eats so little. Same reason those with EDs often claim to be allergic to gluten and other ingredients. It provides them an excuse to use to try and explain why they’re super picky and don’t eat much. That said, I obviously don’t know if Jinger has long Covid or not, she very well may. But it’s odd to me that she only mentioned having Covid over a year after she allegedly had it. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

As far as her not announcing she had Covid, I think she knew there would be heavy criticism. They were going to church with thousands of people not wearing masks. MacArthur publicly fought the county over holding in-person services. 

There were a lot of reasons for her to keep quiet. Jeremy probably had it as well, but he's never announced it.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

She only brought it up in the context of loss of smell IIRC.  She was hoping for help to fix that.  

Yeah, she was hoping essential oils would help. When that route failed her, she went public.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

8tex2o2lo3x81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

One can count on the Vuolos to follow the probiotics trend.  I did a little research and it confirmed my thoughts on the matter.  Normal, healthy kids eating a varied diet do not need them.  They might be helpful if kids have been on antibiotics or if a pediatrician suggests for digestive matters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

"Young Living" brand.. the same MLM pyramid scheme that other reality stars are shilling to their followers  🙄

"Young Living"?   Don't probiotics actually have to in fact be alive in order to be of value to the human body?  Whenever I've needed probiotics they've required refrigeration in order to keep the bacteria alive.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't get your kid running to help make healthy food, so they'll eat healthy food. Get your kid running to eat a 'healthy' pixie stick. 🤦🏽‍♀️

$44.74 for a pack of 30 "pixie sticks"

Ingredients

Prebiotic Blend: Fructooligosaccharides, Ningxia wolfberry (Lycium barbarum) fruit fiber), Lactobacillus paracasei Lpc-37, Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-14, Ningxia wolfberry (Lycium barbarum), Lactobacillus plantarum LP-115, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG AF, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus 6594, Bifidobacterium infantis Bl-26, Xylitol, Erythritol, Natural fruit punch flavor, Citric acid

YUMMY!  🙄

7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wasn’t that what they put in potato chips at one time that gave everyone diarrhea? 

Wasn’t that Olestra?

On 4/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, YupItsMe said:

I cannot tolerate any artificial sweetener, especially  Xylitol.  Best way I know to clean the system.  I have to be very careful to not eat anything that says it is "sugar free".  Poor kid.

• Love 7

WOACB is saying The Sun ran an article about Jeremy attending a boozy "shoe" event without Jinger in L.A.  No evidence that Jeremy was drinking booze although he had a cup in his hand.  The event was put on by a shoe guy who makes individualized shoes that run up to $5,000 a pair.  There was an open bar, free tattoos, DJs playing music, a couple of rappers performing, with major Youtubers and influencers attending.  All the kind of stuff that could make JimBob's head explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LghJKS40Bas

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/2/2022 at 4:49 PM, Tikichick said:

Don't probiotics actually have to in fact be alive in order to be of value to the human body?  Whenever I've needed probiotics they've required refrigeration in order to keep the bacteria alive.  

Some need refrigeration and some don't.    

From what I've heard, humidity/moisture affects probiotics more than temperature.  

I take a brand that doesn't need refrigeration, but it has a moisture absorber pack in the bottle.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

WOACB is saying The Sun ran an article about Jeremy attending a boozy "shoe" event without Jinger in L.A.  No evidence that Jeremy was drinking booze although he had a cup in his hand.  The event was put on by a shoe guy who makes individualized shoes that run up to $5,000 a pair.  There was an open bar, free tattoos, DJs playing music, a couple of rappers performing, with major Youtubers and influencers attending.  All the kind of stuff that could make JimBob's head explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LghJKS40Bas

Now there's two reliable sources for you: WOACB and The Sun.

• LOL 21

Are the Vuolos anti alcohol? Not that I think Jer would get sloppy drunk like he did in his college days, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a drink/beer or two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1