Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I don't think multiple ear piercings is dated or ever out of style. I was a toddler in 1985. Some of my friends weren't even born yet. We all got our ear piercings for the first, second, or third time well after 1985 and no one has ever said a thing about it being dated or retro. I got my ears pierced for the third time a couple of years ago on a whim. I'm lazy though, and leave silver studs in most of the time.

It's interesting to see how Jinger rebels in small ways from her upbringing while still remaining part of the fold. 

@Lunera, totally agree she looks pregnant. 

Edited by Jenniferbug
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Did they really dress up to film a q&a in their living room? 🙄

These two are dry as fuck. And yeah, Jinger is totally pregnant. 

I didn't think she looked pregnant but that's not to say she couldn't be. Felicity would be over two years old when a new baby was born, so that age difference isn't too uncommon or out of the ordinary.

What struck me is that they not only let Felicity dance but they seem to take joy in her love of music and dancing. Totally un-Duggar like. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Are photographers making house calls? I don't understand people trying to keep this fake influencer lifestyle during a damn pandemic. 

Tripod. You can’t see their feet to see if they are actually walking or just holding a pose. I’m sure that’s by design. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Tbh I'm shocked that RFP didn't brag that it was a Brooks Brother umbrella he was holding.

Maybe that's actually what is dear to their hearts that they're sharing their walk with. 😉 

• LOL 12
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If this is what they were going for it definitely is an influencer fail.

GettyImages-1210616995.jpg?quality=80

Oh I think you're onto something--and yeah that was a Duggalo fail if that is what they were trying to do.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, kbott925 said:

They have always seemed pretentious to me. But it has gotten much worse. 

Is Jeremy a part of the prosperity gospel sect of religion?? They really take me for that type. I know a girl who is a part of that, and her and her husband remind me of them so much.

Her husband picks out her clothes. They drive hours away just so he can get a haircut in NYC. She always has to be wearing heels. They somehow afford a huge house and have several cars. Even though he's a preacher and she does administrative work somehow they afford that lifestyle. They also have one child, and he's like a prop and barely talked about. 

I can't believe how similar they are. 

Jeremy's new headship, John MacArthur, does not believe in the prosperity gospel.  Technically, prosperity gospel says anyone can become rich if the just pray the right way, believe in the right Jesus, and tithe the correct amount.  Also, if you are poor then it is your fault for not truly believing (I mean tithing).  That's too egalitarian for MacArthur.  MacArthur's brand of protestantism has a clear hierarchy--white men should be in charge of everything, and if no white man is available, then a POC will do as long as it is a man.  Women have no place in his church outside of the kitchen.  Jeremy's conspicuous consumption is not a sign of God's favor,  the money is just an added bonus of being one of God's elect.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So this John MacArthur guy would not mind being poor? 

I think not. These guys are huge hypocrites.  

I think he would give up the money, not the power, if it would guarantee women and minorities would permanently take a backseat and let their betters run things.  Since that is never going to happen, he will keep his money to use to further his cause.  

44 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So this John MacArthur guy would not mind being poor? 

I think not. These guys are huge hypocrites.  

39 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think he would give up the money, not the power, if it would guarantee women and minorities would permanently take a backseat and let their betters run things.  Since that is never going to happen, he will keep his money to use to further his cause.  

Yep. I think he and his (white male) ilk are so steeped in entitlement, that having achieved - often by accident of birth - a level of financial affluence, it's not even on their radar that they could lose that. But as @Ohiopirate02 said, I doubt that a little financial turbulence would change their theology or politics or their belief in themselves as God's C-suite on Earth. 

ETA: I don't mean that all white males think that way, but that these Calvinist theologians and adherents are headed by a male, and almost entirely white male, hierarchy. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, kbott925 said:

They have always seemed pretentious to me. But it has gotten much worse. 

Is Jeremy a part of the prosperity gospel sect of religion?? They really take me for that type. I know a girl who is a part of that, and her and her husband remind me of them so much.

Her husband picks out her clothes. They drive hours away just so he can get a haircut in NYC. She always has to be wearing heels. They somehow afford a huge house and have several cars. Even though he's a preacher and she does administrative work somehow they afford that lifestyle. They also have one child, and he's like a prop and barely talked about. 

I can't believe how similar they are. 

Lol, and they're probably 60k deep in credit card debt, as I suspect Jingle and Jeremy will be in a few years. I think Jinger is fine with budgeting and making do with what she has, but RFP doesn't deny himself anything. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Tripod. You can’t see their feet to see if they are actually walking or just holding a pose. I’m sure that’s by design. 

I saw this picture and came straight here. First, they look really pretentious. Secondly...and I don’t mean this in a mean way, because they are in the RAIN...but Jinger does not look coiffed enough for jeremy’s standards, IMO! Her hair is so messy and blah, where is was striking, neat, and pretty when dark. I loved when she had highlights and it looked healthy, when she chopped a few inches off the bottom. Now, it’s just a blah (and try hard) color, a blah length, a blah style, with roots, and messy. I wouldn’t think anything of it if she was just a normal person on the street, but it seems like Jeremy has high standards about his wife being the most beautiful, coiffed person in the room. I just don’t see it with this new “look.” It reminds me of a teenager’s hair when their parents are making them go to a funeral or something, and they just don’t care to neaten up. I feel like jeremy is probably dictating everything: jinger’s hair color, clothes, etc, but doesn’t know how to actually style hair, and Jinger doesn’t know how to style her new hair either. I would feel differently if I felt Jinger really desired this hairstyle, and Jeremy was the typical indifferent husband, but it just seems like a try hard look that has failed to me. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If this is what they were going for it definitely is an influencer fail.

GettyImages-1210616995.jpg?quality=80

Jinger is definitely no Megan Markle, not even on Meg’s worst day. She’s smart, effortlessly stylish, and independent. Jinger... not so much.  And Jeremy isn’t fit to shine Prince Harry’s shoes.

OAN:remember when Wills was considered the cute one?  I admit it, Harry is kind of hot. I’ll see myself to the prayer closet now. 

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Jinger is definitely no Megan Markle, not even on Meg’s worst day. She’s smart, effortlessly stylish, and independent. Jinger... not so much.  And Jeremy isn’t fit to shine Prince Harry’s shoes.

OAN:remember when Wills was considered the cute one?  I admit it, Harry is kind of hot. I’ll see myself to the prayer closet now. 

I’ll admit, I still prefer will. 😂😂😂 I’m a sucker for the straight laced ones. Harry is quite attractive, though!

Another thing Meghan has on Jinger...she was willing to wait, and find the right person, before she had babieeeezzzz! I guarantee Jinger only waited a year because jeremy made some rule about it. I also think she didn’t want to be a young mother, but felt she had to because of JB. 

• Love 6

If Jinger really wanted to be an influencer, she really missed the mark. She is trying to fit in with polished, professional influencers- people who actually can bake, have real talent for hair and makeup, original parenting ideas( crafts, education ect)

She is far too stunted to keep up with ANY of the current people. She is an expert in NOTHING and everyone can see right through her facade because she doesn't even do a good job as a poser. 

What she should do is embrace the country bumpkin moving to the big city. I'd actually be a litte interested in what she had to say about LA vs AR and if she would honestly discuss her troubles in going from a cult to a more mainstream life, she would likely have a better shot at being relatable. Right now her preachy platitudes about walking down the street with Felicity is just boring and pointless. 

• Love 24

Regarding Jinger’s hair - the salons are closed. Everyone with high maintenance hair looks horrid. I am showing some very prominent dark roots in my “naturally blonde “ hair and my style isn’t looking too stylish right now. 

I am giving Jinger a pass on this one...

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

If Jinger really wanted to be an influencer

I believe that JerME wants her to be an influencer.   He's addicted to the fake and flashy world of social media and all of the perks that could come from it given their pseudo-celebrity status.  What Jinger really wants out of life is anyone's guess, but I doubt she truly wants to be a social media star.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

If Jinger really wanted to be an influencer, she really missed the mark. She is trying to fit in with polished, professional influencers- people who actually can bake, have real talent for hair and makeup, original parenting ideas( crafts, education ect)

She is far too stunted to keep up with ANY of the current people. She is an expert in NOTHING and everyone can see right through her facade because she doesn't even do a good job as a poser. 

What she should do is embrace the country bumpkin moving to the big city. I'd actually be a litte interested in what she had to say about LA vs AR and if she would honestly discuss her troubles in going from a cult to a more mainstream life, she would likely have a better shot at being relatable. Right now her preachy platitudes about walking down the street with Felicity is just boring and pointless. 

The message of, “if you were authentic, then your content would actually be interesting” is one we also say of Jill, Jessa, and, to a lesser extent, Jana. I didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin until my 30s, so I understand trying to be something you’re not while not even realizing that’s what you’re doing, but I still find it interesting that four of the Duggar  daughters are so fake on social media.

Also, I used to check Jinger’s thread before I checked any other. I found her married life so fascinating. Now, for at least the last six months, I click on it only to make it stop being highlighted and I rarely read here. I am so disgusted with Jeremy and Jinger and their utter lack of concern for anyone else. I don’t know what they define as Christian, but it’s not how I define it.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Regarding Jinger’s hair - the salons are closed. Everyone with high maintenance hair looks horrid. I am showing some very prominent dark roots in my “naturally blonde “ hair and my style isn’t looking too stylish right now. 

But it actually seems like an old photo from before the pandemic that they are trying to pass off as recent, so there wouldn't be the excuse of salons being closed to explain away her hair. Unless they truly are dumb enough to get out on the street with a photographer during a pandemic. 

• Love 8

Jill may be starting to realize that she's actually nothing special. Jessa still has no idea that she isn't, but she is a manipulative chameleon anyway, so she'll fake it until the cows come home. 

Jinger has to know that she can't hold a conversation with most of the folks she meets. She can't even make small talk about TV, movies, books or music.

Jinger was the most outgoing Duggar daughter of the bunch. I feel LA may be too much for Jinger, so rather than grow, she retreats.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

It does look like they are copying the pose. Has anyone else watched “the Windsors” on Netflix? A sendup of the younger royals. 

2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

This is actually SUCH a good point!!! I feel like she could still do it while:

—looking pretty, but like herself, and...

—not trashing her family. 

she could say stuff like, “I grew up eating tater tot casserole because my parents were on a budget with nineteen children! Now, in LA with a family of three, it’s so awesome that I can afford to buy X, and that it’s available. I’m excited to make Y for the first time!”

I’d also be more interested in seeing her photography. If she loooooves photography so much, LA is a great place to take pictures! Let’s see some, Jinge!

18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill may be starting to realize that she's actually nothing special. Jessa still has no idea that she isn't, but she is a manipulative chameleon anyway, so she'll fake it until the cows come home. 

Jinger has to know that she can't hold a conversation with most of the folks she meets. She can't even make small talk about TV, movies, books or music.

Jinger was the most outgoing Duggar daughter of the bunch. I feel LA may be too much for Jinger, so rather than grow, she retreats.

I think this is so right, ESPECIALLY about Jessa! I think most of the others, like joy and Kendra, are deciding to share less because they don’t have what it takes to be an influencer and know it, and want to avoid the criticism the others get. Lauren tries to be an influencer, but she’s what, 19? I give her more of a pass than Jinger. 

35 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The message of, “if you were authentic, then your content would actually be interesting” is one we also say of Jill, Jessa, and, to a lesser extent, Jana. I didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin until my 30s, so I understand trying to be something you’re not while not even realizing that’s what you’re doing, but I still find it interesting that four of the Duggar  daughters are so fake on social media.

Also, I used to check Jinger’s thread before I checked any other. I found her married life so fascinating. Now, for at least the last six months, I click on it only to make it stop being highlighted and I rarely read here. I am so disgusted with Jeremy and Jinger and their utter lack of concern for anyone else. I don’t know what they define as Christian, but it’s not how I define it.

This is so true! I started feeling comfortable in my own skin when I turned 30. It was literally like magic! It was like one day I was insecure, and the next day I was suddenly wise and self accepting. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

My hair looks awful too, but I’m not sharing photos of it with millions of strangers lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

This is so true! I started feeling comfortable in my own skin when I turned 30. It was literally like magic! It was like one day I was insecure, and the next day I was suddenly wise and self accepting. 

Sixty-two here and still waiting...😁

Count me on Team Jinger’s Life Still Boring AF even if she were to start being more authentic about how she represented it. Besides, Jeremy thinks he’s all that and then some...he’d never be comfortable with the Rubes in the Big City brand. He’s too arrogant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yet she releases play lists of music and posts pictures online of her “reading” books. All disingenuous, because I doubt she could hold an honest conversation about either the music or books she claims to love .

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yet she releases play lists of music and posts pictures online of her “reading” books. All disingenuous, because I doubt she could hold an honest conversation about either the music or books she claims to love .

This makes me a bitch, I know, but every time she does that, my reaction is . . .

giphy.gif

• LOL 17

JinJer just had an IG Live. I popped in for a hot second. Jinger stood up (she was doing a puzzle) and did NOT look pregnant. I know there was speculation after the Q&A, but let me be the first to say that if she is, she ain't showing yet.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

Jeremy posted a new picture and post about how he journals daily with a fancy pen of course since 2011.

Why do I picture Jeremy reading these out loud to Jinger nightly? Babeee July 4, 2011 was a good day. I didn’t drink 1 beer.

• LOL 9
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In Jeremy's IG story there's a can on the counter. I can't tell if it's a beer or not. BTW, the burgers he's oohing over look really good.

Homemade or delivery?

• Love 1