Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Well you know how some indoor places in the south are refrigerated to frigid!  I always bring a big sweater every place we go.  Or they are just trying it on for show.   How are you doing?

I'm in North Texas and this is absolutely the truth. 

Awww, Jacob the kitty is cute! Interesting how Felicity is the only Vuolo without a J name though.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The Duggars used to brag about never allowing animals into the house. Unless Jinger's really progressed, I imagine Jacob will be an outdoor cat.

Not necessarily.  No pets inside may have been a rule her parents put in place. Jacob might have a fighting chance.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 9

I remember an episode where the Howlers fed Amy’s dog ? cheese ? , which made it puke ? inside the TTH ? . 

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dear Vuolos, please keep Jacob away from Jinger's siblings and especially your BIL, Derelict. And keep him indoors, please. 

That cat looks predatory. Boo. 

Jacob is young, but not a kitten and obviously old enough to have had his shots and be let outdoors to take care of his business.  That probably means no cat litter boxes around little Lissy.  As long as they keep his shots up to date and watch for fleas, Jacob should do just fine around them and be a good pet.  

I'm betting he belonged to somebody Jing & Baaaaabe knows, and he's being re-homed with them instead of taken to a shelter.  

He looks sweet. 

And I just have to say....the camera LOVES Felicity.  She is completely adorable.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, graefin said:

Cat boxes aren't a threat to children.

Except if they want to play in them, haha.

I loved my cat, but she liked to kick litter out of her box. She managed to do it even with a covered box. I miss her like crazy, bit I don't miss her litter box or cleaning up litter.

Did Jeremy have pets growing up? I don't agree with his religious beliefs but he seems responsible enough to add a pet to his family.  

We'll see but Jacob the cat seems to be okay so far, especially if he was a stray.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, queenanne said:

That’s what I do with babies- stare at them like television!!

And smell them. A new baby is like a new car...the best smell on earth and it doesn't last, so enjoy it while you can.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That cat is cute I hope Jacob gets treated better then other Duggar pets have been treated.  

There have been good signs so far: they adopted him when he followed them home and didn't want to leave instead of leaving him to fend for himself as the rest of the Duggars would have done; Jeremy referred to him as a new "family" member; and in line with the last point, they gave him a regular name, not a cutesy "pet" name like "Fluffy" or "Cuddles" (not that there is anything wrong with that per se!), which to me indicates that they view him as more than an accessory.

• Love 19

We have indoor cats but one would get out every chance she got, so eventually we just let her. She goes out for a few hours and then comes back. She’s even figured out how to “knock” on the door when she wants to be let in. She has a collar and tag but she just stays in our yard.  I think Jacob will be fine. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Trillium said:

We have indoor cats but one would get out every chance she got, so eventually we just let her. She goes out for a few hours and then comes back. She’s even figured out how to “knock” on the door when she wants to be let in. She has a collar and tag but she just stays in our yard.  I think Jacob will be fine. 

Most of our cats have been strictly indoor, but the strays we took in tended to be more indoor/outdoor because they were used to having been outside and were not happy cooped up. For the most part they were fine. There have been many of them over the years, though, and there were a couple which ended up as victims of the road, and we agonized over having let them go outside, but in the long run, they still lived much longer and more comfortable lives than if we had not taken them in to start with.

The house we live in now has a lot of wildlife around, including coyotes, bobcats and fisher cats, so we keep a close eye even on the dog when he goes outside (he weighs less than the cats do). If a stray showed up here now, I suppose we would have to find a way to keep it indoors, but we really haven't seen any stray cats in the almost 6 years we have been here. Which is probably not surprising.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The house we live in now has a lot of wildlife around, including coyotes, bobcats and fisher cats, 

i am deathly allergic to cats so i have no clue what a 'fisher cat' is.....can you explain?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Lissy already looks smarter than her aunts, uncles, and cousins. Other than Spurgie- he might end up with some brains maybe.

Where the hell would he get them from?  Ben’s a bimbo, and Jessa, despite what she portrays, doesn’t have the sense God gave cabbage.  JMHO

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2E74F932-81C5-45F4-B187-B24B7C81E5A5.jpeg

Looked it up:

6CC4503B-8619-4CC1-ABD0-EB6F3FE610A1.jpeg

When I first opened the page, I glanced at that pic and thought Jeremy was into HP, and I got excited.  Then I realized he was posing again.  Oh well, for a second all was well.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Where the hell would he get them from?  Ben’s a bimbo, and Jessa, despite what she portrays, doesn’t have the sense God gave cabbage.  JMHO

When I first opened the page, I glanced at that pic and thought Jeremy was into HP, and I got excited.  Then I realized he was posing again.  Oh well, for a second all was well.  

I , too, thought he was a Gryffindor like Harry and me, at first glance.  The reality is so much less interesting. 

• Love 19
17 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They are wild animals, actually more of a weasel than a cat...but they are a predatory species, and can be pretty mean. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

They are pretty.  The zoo I occasionally volunteer at (and my sister and brother-in-law work at) has one and she is one grumpy lady!  Very hissy.  The cougars like to talk to you but this gal, nope, she just wants you to go away.

3 hours ago, Heathen said:

A fisher "cat" is a member of the weasel family, not a cat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

That isn't the fishing cat I was talking about.  The fishing cat is an actual cat.  Its called Fishing not Fisher.  But I learned a new species of animal!  The fishing cat is from South and Southeast Asia

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 2

It's a social/service "fraternity" as far as I can tell. It's not claiming to guarantee service or skills. It's a college group that is interested in those services or skills. As someone who belonged to college service and social groups - some of which were related to my degree and many of which WEREN'T - it's just a college group that you can be excited about and not anyone saying anyone is an expert in anything.

• Love 8