Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Derick hasn't posted "hate" in a long time. All of these people are hateful towards the LGBTQ community including the sweet ones like Joy and Austin or Joe and Kendra or even JB and Michelle. 

True, I should have said used to post hate. He doesn't post much at all anymore.

I was comparing SM presence, not beliefs. I'm well aware Fundy beliefs are hateful.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's what I tend to think as well. I'm assuming they got the stimulus money and are blowing every penny. 

Interesting that Salt and Straw originated in Portland. Isn't that area known for leaning very Liberal? If so, the Vuolos are an interesting choice to donate free product.

I'd bet it's just a matter of influencers being cheaper than most of the other advertising a consumer-facing smallish business can afford, though. 

If I were trying to launch spin-off ice cream stores in major cities -- because that's the only place you'd find a large enough number of people willing and able to buy ice cream for $13 a pint -- I'd be looking for the most affordable wide-scale publicity campaign I could find. I mean, you'd need to reach many many many people, and reach them multiple times to make sure your message got through sufficiently to sustain your new stores.

And while influencers don't work for everything, in a case like that I expect that influencers with upwards of half a million followers -- regardless of who the heck they are -- are possibly your very best bet. Certainly one of your best bets ......

Besides, they need mostly rich customers who'll pay that price and they'll also need to somehow reach the probably relatively few Americans who'll both be able to afford and want to eat Pear and Blue Cheese Ice Cream! And some of those rich customers are a little liberal and some -- are probably conservative Calvinists! I don't think the business is at a stage where they can afford to be picky about who their influencers are as long as they have a wide reach. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Interesting that Salt and Straw originated in Portland. Isn't that area known for leaning very Liberal? If so, the Vuolos are an interesting choice to donate free product.

I'm not sure that the Vuolos were gifted the ice cream, you can pick it up locally in LA. Salt and Straw seems to be fairly liberal (they donate to The Trevor Project, among other things) and is popular with a lot of celebrities. Megan Rapinoe of the US Women's Soccer Team and her fiance Sue Bird of the Seattle Storm are big fans. Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson is also another fan. I'm guessing Jeremy jumped on this bandwagon because it puts him adjacent to big names, but he might not necessarily know how liberal the company is. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm not sure that the Vuolos were gifted the ice cream, you can pick it up locally in LA. Salt and Straw seems to be fairly liberal (they donate to The Trevor Project, among other things) and is popular with a lot of celebrities. Megan Rapinoe of the US Women's Soccer Team and her fiance Sue Bird of the Seattle Storm are big fans. Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson is also another fan. I'm guessing Jeremy jumped on this bandwagon because it puts him adjacent to big names, but he might not necessarily know how liberal the company is. 

That could be.

But they've tagged Salt & Straw and praised their ice cream to the  heavens in a lot of posts. I can't imagine they've been doing that repeatedly over the last year or more without seeking some freebies for it! They're trying to be influencers!        

And the company's clearly trying to be in at least a slow expansion mode.  And every time Jingle or Jer has tagged them in a post,  hundreds of thousands of eyes can be on that post and advertise the company.  When it's a Jingle  post, it can be over a million. I'm sure they're asking for favors when they're bringing in that many eyeballs. And that number of eyeballs is going to help the company no matter what. 

Of course, I don't think either Jer or Jingle actually gives a crap about the ideas of a company who'll actually use them as influencers! It's been a business every time that's pulled out them, and not them initially pulling out of a deal because of the company......... And most companies who've pulled away have tried to use them in a much more significant capacity of influencer -- partners of some kind, at events, for example, rather than just having them be one of many people who are tagging their product. The non-gluten donut store, for example, was actually selling a flavor related to Jingle.....That's a big step beyond just having Jer and Jingle as some of your many more casual influencers. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I think Jinger cooks but her food probably looks like slop.

I don't think Jer would eat anything Jing knows how to cook/learned to cook in the TTH. I do think he believes himself a higher class of person. I can just hear him telling Jinger she ate slop, makes fun of how they used to dress, disdains the filth and craziness of the TTH etc

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He’s a pompous tool.  He thinks he looks so sexy in those shades.  They’re too small for his face, and I think that they’re actually supposed to be women’s glasses.  In fact, I think that they were Jinger’s to begin with.  His arrogance makes me want to puke.

Plus....he mistakenly thinks he's quite attractive. Stunning. 

And this post is frigging sacrilegious, too.

It's unmistakable that the photo is supposed to depict you and all your good looks (although...no)Jer-e-MEEEE. So how do you think people will read that song title/classic line that's actually about Jesus....when it's attached to a picture clearly intended to show how great you are? So inappropriate. Even if it weren't being posted by somebody studying for the ministry. 

He truly has no sense at all. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Who in their right mind thinks a picture featuring nostrils is attractive?

Maybe he thinks they're better than his hairline? 

8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So, Jeremeeee does not have to pay back the student loans he is receiving? He just gets to spend the money on shoes and pocket squares and books and fountain pens? Am I missing something?

I don't think he's getting loans. Ten percent of each of the classes in his program get full-tuition scholarships. I'd be shocked if he isn't getting one.

I think that's what he angled for when he sucked up to MacArthur to get himself onto the LA campus and out of their Texas distance-learning program.  

A big donor, Richard Mahue, who retired from being an administrator at the seminary a few years ago and who's held various significant jobs in the Master's-Sem-Brand-Calvinism world, gives a full scholarship to about 10 percent of each class in Jer's program.....There's no way that grifting suck-up Jer wouldn't have begged for this in return for bringing some social-media and media attention to the place. Plus, MacArthur is world-renowned for handing out money and favors based on who is his pet rather than on academics or achievement. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So, Jeremeeee does not have to pay back the student loans he is receiving? He just gets to spend the money on shoes and pocket squares and books and fountain pens? Am I missing something?

Someone, somewhere said Jeremy is going to school for free. I'm unsure if that's speculation or fact. Someone else said suggested maybe they're living off student loans. Again, I don't know if that's speculation or fact.

Independent of school I think the Vuolos are living off their TLC income.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Someone, somewhere said Jeremy is going to school for free. I'm unsure if that's speculation or fact. Someone else said suggested maybe they're living off student loans. Again, I don't know if that's speculation or fact.

Independent of school I think the Vuolos are living off their TLC income.

I don't think they make that kind of money from TLC errr... Boob. They have to split that pie in a lot of pieces these days, especially now with Howlers courting and marrying.

Bwahaha...he posted another one. 🤣

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM0RvXxlJ2F/?igshid=b0x31wogku4m

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think Jer would eat anything Jing knows how to cook/learned to cook in the TTH. I do think he believes himself a higher class of person. I can just hear him telling Jinger she ate slop, makes fun of how they used to dress, disdains the filth and craziness of the TTH etc

The thing is, if you have the equipment and access to a decent grocery store, it’s not that hard to whip up a semi decent meal at home, even if you don’t have a cooking background. You can develop skills.

Until then, it’s not very hard to boil some water, throw in some pasta, set a timer, dump a jar of sauce in a pan, and open a bagged salad. Voila! Dinner.

See also: Grilled cheese sandwiches and soup. Marinated fish steaks grilled/roasted in the oven, a frozen veggie in the microwave, and some minute rice. A bazillion chicken and rice dishes. Hell, my fourteen year old loves to make chicken tikka masala from scratch, although she also likes the Aldi jarred sauce, and then it’s done in about thirty minutes.  Nowadays there are so many shortcuts, it’s not insanely hard to make a meal.

We’re not talking about people who are living in a food desert and coming home to an inadequate kitchen after working a double shift so they buy something off the dollar menu. I hate when people slag on that. But, that’’s not Jinger and Babe’s situation 

• Love 16

Well, back in my former life when I was a Weight Watchers leader... whenever we did events/ workshops... whatever, we NEVER, ever,  gave away memberships. We gave away cookbooks, products... If you pay for something, you will really work at it to succeed. If it is free, nobody cares.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think they make that kind of money from TLC errr... Boob. They have to split that pie in a lot of pieces these days, especially now with Howlers courting and marrying.

Bwahaha...he posted another one. 🤣

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM0RvXxlJ2F/?igshid=b0x31wogku4m

That's what I thought all along too, but I'm now leaning toward TLC money. Its the only thing that makes sense to me. I think the Vuolos have their own contract and are being paid well.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It's unmistakable that the photo is supposed to depict you and all your good looks (although...no)Jer-e-MEEEE. So how do you think people will read that song title/classic line that's actually about Jesus....when it's attached to a picture clearly intended to show how great you are? So inappropriate. Even if it weren't being posted by somebody studying for the ministry. 

You’re 100% correct!  It’s more than obvious that Jeremy thinks that he himself is king.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Monkeyrocks said:

The thing is, if you have the equipment and access to a decent grocery store, it’s not that hard to whip up a semi decent meal at home, even if you don’t have a cooking background. You can develop skills.

Until then, it’s not very hard to boil some water, throw in some pasta, set a timer, dump a jar of sauce in a pan, and open a bagged salad. Voila! Dinner.

See also: Grilled cheese sandwiches and soup. Marinated fish steaks grilled/roasted in the oven, a frozen veggie in the microwave, and some minute rice. A bazillion chicken and rice dishes. Hell, my fourteen year old loves to make chicken tikka masala from scratch, although she also likes the Aldi jarred sauce, and then it’s done in about thirty minutes.  Nowadays there are so many shortcuts, it’s not insanely hard to make a meal.

We’re not talking about people who are living in a food desert and coming home to an inadequate kitchen after working a double shift so they buy something off the dollar menu. I hate when people slag on that. But, that’’s not Jinger and Babe’s situation 

Agreed! I mean I absolutely love to cook. Seriously love it. I am more of an “avid cook” than Jingle claims to be. I love my kitchen, but if I had access to HER kitchen... I would totally amp up my cooking game...

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Monkeyrocks said:

oh I agree, and Jer could cook or learn to cook those things as well. my comment was more on Jer being a "trendy" pics for the Gram type eater,foodie wannabe. You will never see him with a big plate of tater tot casserole, with or without that homemade bread and nice fresh salad, or any other beige duggar type food.

Jing has certainly been pictured at Whole Foods. fresh pasta and sauce are easy things to buy there. They are again missing the mark of the image they want to convey. Partnering with Hello Fresh, Blue Apron or another meals delivered ready to cook service. Sadly, I think whatever company that might take a chance would quickly drop them due to people pointing out their hateful beliefs.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Looks as though he must have taken it down...Now I'm really curious. The second one that @emmawoodhouse posted just downthread is still there, and I'm kind of assuming, given the comments, that the same "the king is coming" t-shirt was featured on both photos. But still curious as to what I missed.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

When I tried to click on it it said the post was taken down. Anyone care to enlighten me? 

I can’t take a screenshot from my iPad. When I get to my computer I will screenshot it for you.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Looks as though he must have taken it down...Now I'm really curious. The second one that @emmawoodhouse posted just downthread is still there, and I'm kind of assuming, given the comments, that the same "the king is coming" t-shirt was featured on both photos. But still curious as to what I missed.

It was the same in a general way. But it was taken from sort of under his face, so you were looking up his nostrils rather than seeing his face straight on. 

Just like this one it had the "I'm so great" look on his face. So it must been the jeering at his nostril shot that he couldn't stand. 😁

(I thought the angle of the first might have been chosen to keep his hairline out of view (you couldn't see it because you saw his face from below).....And I notice that in this one he's cut the top of his head off....So I think maybe I was right about the purpose of the nostril shot. Hide that hairline!) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

And I think that Jinger would agree with him 100% and gleefully join him in mocking her family's cheap, tacky lifestyle.

Yup. Life with Jer is a higher circle of hell than she came from.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Monkeyrocks said:

Tika Masala is one of our favorite meals. SGirl is also 14 and we make our own sauce. We make enough for 4-5 batches, vacuum seal, and freeze the rest. Same with spaghetti sauce and fish sauces (like Mojo Isleño). It makes dinner so much easier. However, it is not beneath us to use jarred sauces or frozen veggies. It’s a hell of a lot better than a diet of take out foods. 

I read the first Duggar book, can’t even recall the title. But what has always stayed with me is JB bragging about what great cooks the four oldest girls were. He boasted they could just look in the fridge and pantry “and whip up a gourmet meal.” 😂

Sure JB, Jana is a concert pianist, and Jed! is a politician.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

I would not be at all surprised if the Vuolos end up drowning in debt, if they aren't currently, but I'm also on team TLC pays better than one might think. Couple things that lead me to believe this

1- While Jing and Jer are the only two living extravagantly, the whole family seems to be at a of food, clothes, shelter and not infrequent trips level of affluence. That's pretty impressive considering Bin's gig at a teeny church is the only Duggar we're sure is actively employed. 

2- Boob is loading the ladies into the family cult. These women can't, by definition, bring much money into the pot (although yes, Jessa, Jill, Jinger, Jana, Joy and Anna may be earning something through their social media) and are counting on (ahem) adding a ton of extra mouths to feed (that one's non negotiable).

3- There's no way Bin's salary pays for soon to be four, even in the mould house. Joe has barely sold any real estate but has three kids (and I don't doubt for a second it'll be four by this time next year). Josh has 6 and has been job toxic for the better part of five years (and the car lot where he might have worked is still shuttered, no?). Nevertheless, none of them seem like they're struggling or fussed over the cash flow.

4-  The family pockets were deep enough for the Dillards to get medical bills paid, a house (at least a down payment) and law school tuition out of their settlement. There's no way SOS, fake tour guiding in Nepal, driving grub hub and even the Walmart year managed to pay for all that plus $12,000 for that Cross Church thing. Not only that, Boob came up with it without any visible belt-tightening on the part of the Duggars still at home / in the good books. 

5- Comparing to Sister Wives, the other long standing TLC mega family, we see a similar dynamic. A lot of underemployed adults shilling for MLMs or slightly sketchy business ventures (Strive by Janelle, My Sister Wives' Closet, LulaNo) and kidults working in not particularly lucrative jobs (some shilling their moms' MLMs) yet they all seem to have a decent to cushy lifestyle. If the Brown Clowns are getting the money to support the whole crew, there's no reason to believe the more popular Duggars aren't too. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Useful 9
  • Love 10

$13.00 a pint ice cream?!? Seriously?? Who the hell would pay that much for ice cream?? Unreal. 

They've got to be in debt up to their eyeballs. Especially in LA where everything is so ridiculously expensive. Or they're getting tons of freebies. And still no pics of EJ? Not even one. Odd beyond belief. I want to see the baby, not Jerms nose hair. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Did anybody screenshot the first one? I want to see it so badly. I am ashamed of myself for this but not enough to miss out.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't think he's getting loans. Ten percent of each of the classes in his program get full-tuition scholarships. I'd be shocked if he isn't getting one.

Full tuition scholarship =/= no loans. You can get loans for living expenses as well, and it’s unremarkable for people to take out loans specifically for that. I know I have. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Seminary offers private loans to its students as part of “financial aid packages,” based on how exploitative it seems to be. I took out a similar loan from my university years ago (and it was also to pay for living expenses).

I don’t believe the seminary is accredited, so I’m not sure whether students are eligible for federal student loans. If they’re not, then the seminary almost definitely has a financing program, because otherwise there’s no way they could get this many people paying to go to school, it’s simply too expensive for many people to pay out of pocket while also paying to support themselves for four years in LA.

I don’t have some special knowledge of what goes on with Jeremy’s finances, and nobody will until the Vuolos inevitably file for bankruptcy one day. I’m personally certain, though, that this is the spending of people living on credit. Lots and lots of flashy, overpriced consumer goods, but nothing being purchased that requires a rigorous credit check or even proof of income.

2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I'm also on team TLC pays better than one might think.

JB inherited a tidy little real estate empire from his parents and has continued to take care of and expand it. He’s a mediocre money manager, but good enough. Since forever, he’s been doing lots of things that commercial real estate folks do to bring in side income from their properties, too, like antenna rent. JB should be a fairly wealthy guy from the family real estate business alone, and I think the real estate business is the bulk of what has supported the family in the past and what supports them now, although of course the TLC money has probably helped.

Edited by rue721
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I don’t believe the seminary is accredited, so I’m not sure whether students are eligible for federal student loans. If they’re not, then the seminary almost definitely has a financing program, because otherwise there’s no way they could get this many people paying to go to school, it’s simply too expensive for many people to pay out of pocket.

This is a good point and one I hadn't thought of until you mentioned it. My understanding is you are not eligible for federal loans if you are attending an unaccredited school, though apparently you may still be able to get private loans. 

They include a link to FAFSA but seem to have their own financial aid application. I didn't notice loans being mentioned, but they really sell the idea that you shouldn't worry about the money. 

An actual quote:

Finances are of little consequence to the God who holds the depths of the earth and the heights of the mountains in His hand. If He has called you to this training, He will provide the means for you to attain it. Watch our student’s testimonies to hear numerous examples of His faithfulness in their lives. 

While the need to exercise wisdom in making financial decisions is imperative, do not make the mistake of allowing financial fears to keep you from preparing for your calling. Seminary is a sacrifice, but it is a sacrifice for a season. The investment you make in this training will pay ministerial dividends for a lifetime.  

If you have financial questions or concerns about life in Los Angeles, schedule a call with our admissions team. We would love to support you through this process. 

Their actual tuition seems like it adds up to about 10K a year, if my math is correct. Not really sure sinking 40K-ish into an unaccredited theology program's tuition is a wise investment. And that's not counting other fees, housing, etc.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Did anybody screenshot the first one? I want to see it so badly. I am ashamed of myself for this but not enough to miss out.

9 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I missed the first one too. 

I didn't get a screen shot, but think of holding your phone at around hip level, away from your body and slightly angled toward your chin. Or really, picture a young kid angling their phone up at you.

The shot started at the words on Jeremy's shirt and included his entire head. Unfortunately for this picture, Jeremy's nostrils took over, as they were front and center. It was basically a clean shot, almost right up his nose.

• LOL 13
9 hours ago, rue721 said:

Full tuition scholarship =/= no loans. You can get loans for living expenses as well, and it’s unremarkable for people to take out loans specifically for that. I know I have. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Seminary offers private loans to its students as part of “financial aid packages,” based on how exploitative it seems to be. I took out a similar loan from my university years ago (and it was also to pay for living expenses).

I don’t believe the seminary is accredited, so I’m not sure whether students are eligible for federal student loans. If they’re not, then the seminary almost definitely has a financing program, because otherwise there’s no way they could get this many people paying to go to school, it’s simply too expensive for many people to pay out of pocket while also paying to support themselves for four years in LA.

Yeah, I was just talking about tuition loans. 

And the seminary is accredited. They were on probation with WASC for about three years. But their accreditation has been restored. MacArthur seems to have a lot of clout with the leaders of other Christian schools on their accreditation panel or whatever they're called who likely were reluctant to threaten the autonomy of another Christian school so they nixed stripping the accreditation. There are some quotes out there from at least one guy like that making encouraging noises toward MacArthur on that score early on. They made some cosmetic changes and managed to squeak through, looks like. 

I'm not saying that they don't necessarily get any loans. However, housing is most people's biggest expense. And their housing seems to be free or close to it. So I still think they may not have to be taking out loans at this point. If you're paying nothing for housing -- not even for repairs or anything like that -- you've got a lot of spare cash that others don't have.

Say they're pulling in $25,000 or so for a season of TLC, and Jer's seminary-supplied job brings in another $25,000 (neither of those seems unreasonable to me -- I can easily imagine both things bringing in a bit more). Then they've got $50,000 a year, with no housing costs. If you have no housing costs, that frees up a heck of a lot of money for shoes, seems to me. And does Jingle spend a whole lot? I don't know that her wardrobe looks like it's soaking up too much cash. And she does know how to thrift shop -- which gives some amazing bargains if you're thrift-shopping for babies and toddlers in a wealthy neighborhood.

So even if they were in a position to need loans now because of spending, the loans still wouldn't be very substantial at this point -- because they don't have to pay for tuition or housing. (not that any loans would be a good idea for them under these circumstances, of course)

I totally agree with you about their long-term financial jeopardy nevertheless, though!

If nothing else, they're getting into spending habits that'll be dangerous when they start having housing expenses like other people. And the show will end some day. Plus, I doubt they realize just how lucky they are financially at the moment. That's dangerous. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

$13.00 a pint ice cream?!? Seriously?? Who the hell would pay that much for ice cream?? Unreal. 

They've got to be in debt up to their eyeballs. Especially in LA where everything is so ridiculously expensive. Or they're getting tons of freebies. And still no pics of EJ? Not even one. Odd beyond belief. I want to see the baby, not Jerms nose hair. 

It's definitely a crazy price for ice cream, although I'm sure they got that particular ice cream free. Salt & Straw is in a position right now where using a lot of small-time influencers to spread the word about them into new markets is probably quite a good,  cheap strategy. And J&J have been hawking them for a long time.  

But, really, if you don't pay for your housing and you don't pay for your tuition,  and you're president's pet and he's given you a student job at his institution....plus you have some tv income coming in, then you're not necessarily in big money trouble right now. They're definitely setting themselves up for money issues later, though, given the spending habits he's got, seems to me.

He's now a person who probably figures he can eat $13-a-pint ice cream for life. And at this point he probably thinks he's being frugal, as a poor student, and looks forward to the day when he'll have a high-paying job and not have to be frugal! Not clear whether a really high-paying job will be forthcoming, though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Of course, I don't think either Jer or Jingle actually gives a crap about the ideas of a company who'll actually use them as influencers! It's been a business every time that's pulled out them, and not them initially pulling out of a deal because of the company......... 

I feel like that's the point of being an influencer that Jeremy is missing...if he's going to actually become a pastor (doubtful), wouldn't he want to do a modicum of research of the company whose free products he is shilling to make certain that their beliefs don't contradict his deep religious philosophies?  But maybe that's not how influencing works, I honestly don't know - given the companies that have dropped Babe and Jing, it would seem the companies don't do much research either.  I think Jeremy is just thrilled to receive more free crap that he can shove into his yaw because that means he gets to take more selfies of his pompous face for his adoring masses.

15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Who in their right mind thinks a picture featuring nostrils is attractive?

Austin?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 20
19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

But, really, if you don't pay for your housing and you don't pay for your tuition,  and you're president's pet and he's given you a student job at his institution....plus you have some tv income coming in, then you're not necessarily in big money trouble right now. They're definitely setting themselves up for money issues later, given the spending habits he's got. He's now a person who probably figures he can eat $13-a-pint ice cream for life. 

What is his student job?  

I would think the resentment from Jeremy's fellow students runs pretty deep.  You can literally feel the douchecanoe vibes emanating from his Instagram photos - imagine having to deal with him in person?

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

And of course someone inherited Grandma Mary’s properties which even if Boob split with his sister, were probably substantial.

I hope Deanna received her rightful share of the properties. They were her parents as well.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

What is his student job?  

I would think the resentment from Jeremy's fellow students runs pretty deep.  You can literally feel the douchecanoe vibes emanating from his Instagram photos - imagine having to deal with him in person?

I don't think anybody knows what his job is! 

It's at the church, not at the seminary, so it's not something many people can spy on, I expect. And he has an office because he's taken photos there. My bet would be that he just gets assigned occasional administrative jobs that need doing around the place. But it could be just a sinecure with no duties at all! Impossible to tell. It's a gift from MacArthur, clearly, and his enterprises have a lot of money. So it wouldn't be surprising if he handed out a little extra to his pets so they can enjoy life. 

Jer probably is resented by many around the school. But the seminary has a long history of people who are resented because they're pets and get money and perks and even degrees that they don't have to work or pay for. That's one of the key things people complained about when their accreditation was put in jeopardy a few years ago.

Some current and former students and faculty are furious about it. But when somebody runs a place on cronyism and nepotism for decades and ends up wealthy, influential and admired by many regardless, they're unlikely to change any of their basic operating principles, I think.

Plus, MacArthur has a lot of ardent devotees and fans. Some of his sermon and speech snippets on youtube have hundreds and hundreds of adoring comments.

So if he or any of his pets do draw the ire of some,  they also get plenty of strong defense from others, most likely. And a lot of conservative Christian leaders complain that the world is unfair to them these days, so some who feel that way in general are defending MacArthur's ways strongly because they see it as persecution of Christians and fear they could be next. So since whatever perks Jer gets seem to be coming from the boss and the other top dogs, it seems as if the perks are safe, at least for as long as he's in school.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3