Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, leighdear said:

He will never find that place.  Because as has been pointed out before, some people will search every square inch of the Vuolo's lives to find something they can torpedo, just because. 

We've all seen the absolute glee some individuals take in heading straight to a new or potential sponsor, in order to trash this couple in social media and point out every single bad thing they can.  Even when they can only base it on the fact that there is a Duggar involved somewhere.

Not only based on the fact that he married a Duggar - based on his own public misogynistic, bigoted  beliefs and hatred toward the LGBT community. Unless he denounces all that, and that would mean no more involvement with his church, members of the public will point these facts out. As they should, IMO. Bigotry, misogyny, and hatred for minority communities must be called out every time we see it. Especially when they are actively trying to use the legal system to take rights away from others.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

It's simple, really. You can't be the face of two contradictory enterprises, both of which want to attract people to their door. If he were clear on that, I don't think he'd have much of a problem. 

He's now the face of MacArthur and MacArthur-type Calvinism. (And he's also married to a Duggar, and the Duggars, and Duggar-adjacents -- all of them as far as anybody knows -- embrace the exact same principles that make MacArthur-type Calvinism controversal. They reject any acceptance of homosexuality, and they insist that women are not to lead, either in the home or outside of it, including, for example, teaching even a single class at a seminary.)

Those two things are essential -- not peripheral at all -- to the MacArthur-Calvinism niche.  That's consistently made clear by not just MacArthur but by his many colleagues and by many of his seminary alums and so on. Over and over again.

So if Jer embraces them -- which he must, since he strongly embraces the MacArthur-Calvinism brand and philosophy -- then he's choosing his niche. And there's nothing at all wrong with him choosing a niche. If he believes in that niche, then it's fine for him to embrace it.  If he believes in it, he should embrace it. 

But....it's a very controversial niche, mainly because of those two things. (This year, Macarthur added the right to disobey any public-health rules that interfere with in-person church participation to his core principles, apparently, so that's a third controversial plank. But the same goes for it as for the others.) 

And once you choose to be a public representative of any niche about whose principles many people strongly disagree, then that's your niche. If you want to partner with or be the face of any other enterprise or business, you have to choose one that is compatible with the controversial principles of your niche. 

So no enterprise that wants to attract LGBQT people or feminists as part of its customer base is a suitable partner for Jer and Jinge, and Jer and Jinge aren't suitable representatives for them. Jer and Jinge love Grace Community Church of LA. They're faces of that church. So....the principles of the niche they've chosen preclude them from being the face of anybody in a niche that holds the opposite of MacArthur's key views.. If you're known to be associated with such a niche, then that may drive away customers who vehemently disagree with your key principles. That's just a fact of life. 

But guess what???  There are plenty of  companies and organizations that he could partner with or be a representative of that are completely compatible with the principles of the MacArthur-Calvinism niche. So there's no reason he can't brand himself and work with people who brand themselves similarly. As @Snow Fairy has pointed out, there's a perfectly good brand available to him -- but he does little to really go for that brand niche. 

Now, can he partner with anybody he wants to,  just because he likes the non-gluten donuts or whatever that they sell?

No. Nobody is going to have much if any luck trying to be key participants in two contradictory niches. (It's not impossible to work for somebody in a contradictory niche, of course. But why waste your time and energy and court repeated disappointment by even trying? It's a big world and every niche has people to work with, so try those first, at least.)

Al he needs to do to have a lot more success than they've had so far is find organizations that agree with the MacArthur-Calvinist controversial views and generally just avoid organizations who hold opposing views, at least until he's happy with the number of gigs he has, so that losing a new one he's tried to land isn't really a blow).

If they'd been doing this from the beginning, I think they'd have had plenty of partnerships and gigs. But instead they've gone after partnerships with people who are on the other side of a huge controversy that has tremendous ability to turn off your customers, no matter which side of the divide you're on. (and, of course, most of those people weren't careful enough either -- although I think they probably never expected a MacArthur Calvinist to show up and want to sell donuts in their sex-positive lefty stores...) 

Nobody who holds any controversial views can expect to just hook up with any business. Nobody's being unfair to Jer and Jingle by refusing to have them  as the business's face after they learn what niche they actually represent. Literally no one will be an acceptable representative or partner for every business. If I tried to work for the Ark Encounter or Focus on the Family, they wouldn't hire me, no matter how much they needed any skill I might offer them. And that would be the smart move on their part. 

Jer's wanted it all, seems to me. And when you try to have it all, you often end up with little or nothing. Hoping for the sake of their little family that he figures this out. 

And you don't have to be Einstein to figure it out. As big a jerk as Der's repeatedly been and as much of a dumb-ass as he's appeared to be at times, I doubt he'll apply for jobs at law firms that specialize in gender-discrimination cases brought by trans people. And applying for a job and asking somebody to be their influencer are pretty similar. 

As usual, you just explained it all much better than I ever could! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Regarding Jeremy and EVERYONE one out there trying to take away anyone’s rights in any way. Who don’t follow public health suggestions, leading to over half a million Americans dead in a year. Who don’t call out insurrection attempts or terrorist attacks, etc. 

90AF329E-38F6-4CC4-BB44-330D77203ED7.jpeg

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 24
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jinger put this in her stories, and then  the pizza place put it in theirs. Boxes, a freaking picture of the boxes. 🤷🏼‍♀️

6B2A7B93-13BE-43B4-B0B1-2814EAC6C6F1.jpeg

10024D24-28D5-4C3F-8937-ABA87B76D702.jpeg

1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I couldn't agree more, but the problem for Jeremy is that he doesn't have the discipline or the inclination to score an entry-level job in either food or fashion and then work his way up through the ranks. Nor would he be content with a desk job or a behind-the-scenes position. 

@Churchhoney, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post about finding your "niche."  Jeremy seems to be flailing around trying to find anything that sticks, grabbing at whatever random influencer gig he can get without thinking about what it means to promote something from a company that might be at odds with your own supposed beliefs.  And as @Albanyguy says, no lowly internship gig is good enough for Jeremy.  In his own mind, he is far mightier than that.  His face is meant to be SEEN, not hidden away in some crappy office working himself up the ranks.  In that respect he sounds like a college senior who thinks that they're going to graduate and immediately earn a six-figure salary.  The problem is, Jeremy is a grown-ass man with a wife and two children.  If the posh influencer life isn't paying the bills, you get yourself out there and take what jobs you can get to support your family.  He's playing at being a sexy model-man with a sophisticated LA palate and fancy pocket squares who is also in seminary school because he feels the world will benefit from him being in that type of a position, when he's not suited to it at all.

And I quoted that stupid pizza picture because there's no way Jinger wrote such scintillating prose as "Okaaaaaay.  Always next level!"  That has Jeremy's tone-deaf fingerprints all over it.  Grow up, Jere.  You are not "cool," you have no "vibe."   And get a damn job.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes. He doesn't even have the discipline, determination, and wherewithal to persist with any of his influencing gigs, eithers! Though they are just now making it obvious, it seems like Hope and Stead lasted all of 6 weeks before it was dropped. 

Hope and Stead was such a half-assed company, I'm not surprised it crashed and burned after 6 weeks.  I am a marketing novice and know shit about branding, but I do know that slapping your name on a bunch of random products and calling it a day is not it.  All of the products you bring to market need to actually work with what you have already established.  These things take years.  Hope and Stead looks like Jeremy and Jinger took 2 hours to look at the cheapest options available to sell to make money.  

• Love 21
50 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Hope and Stead was such a half-assed company, I'm not surprised it crashed and burned after 6 weeks.  I am a marketing novice and know shit about branding, but I do know that slapping your name on a bunch of random products and calling it a day is not it.  All of the products you bring to market need to actually work with what you have already established.  These things take years.  Hope and Stead looks like Jeremy and Jinger took 2 hours to look at the cheapest options available to sell to make money.  

I know, right!

Why not leather and clothe covers for Bibles. Coffee mugs with uplifting quotes. Bookmarks w/Bible verses. Shit even shoelaces with verse numbers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree. This is like watching a slow-motion car crash. I looked at the last Instagram post for Nope Instead and it was Jinger and Jeremy asking for product suggestions. They received a whopping seven responses. Three were emojis, two were complaints, one was recommending the complainers sue, and one was an actual answer to the question. And now they're coming back with new merch? Are they really this dumb or is some business manager giving them horrible advice?

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's simple, really. You can't be the face of two contradictory enterprises, both of which want to attract people to their door. If he were clear on that, I don't think he'd have much of a problem. 

He's now the face of MacArthur and MacArthur-type Calvinism. (And he's also married to a Duggar, and the Duggars, and Duggar-adjacents -- all of them as far as anybody knows -- embrace the exact same principles that make MacArthur-type Calvinism controversal. They reject any acceptance of homosexuality, and they insist that women are not to lead, either in the home or outside of it, including, for example, teaching even a single class at a seminary.)

Those two things are essential -- not peripheral at all -- to the MacArthur-Calvinism niche.  That's consistently made clear by not just MacArthur but by his many colleagues and by many of his seminary alums and so on. Over and over again.

So if Jer embraces them -- which he must, since he strongly embraces the MacArthur-Calvinism brand and philosophy -- then he's choosing his niche. And there's nothing at all wrong with him choosing a niche. If he believes in that niche, then it's fine for him to embrace it.  If he believes in it, he should embrace it. 

But....it's a very controversial niche, mainly because of those two things. (This year, Macarthur added the right to disobey any public-health rules that interfere with in-person church participation to his core principles, apparently, so that's a third controversial plank. But the same goes for it as for the others.) 

Once you choose to be a public representative of any niche about whose principles many people strongly disagree, then that's your niche. If you want to partner with or be the face of any other enterprise or business, you have to choose one that is compatible with the controversial principles of your niche. 

So no enterprise that wants to attract LGBQT people or feminists as part of its customer base is a suitable partner for Jer and Jinge, and Jer and Jinge aren't suitable representatives for them. Jer and Jinge love Grace Community Church of LA. They're faces of that church. So....the principles of the niche they've chosen preclude them from being the face of anybody in a niche that holds the opposite of MacArthur's key views.. If you're known to be associated with such a niche, then that may drive away customers who vehemently disagree with your key principles. That's just a fact of life. 

But guess what???  There are plenty of  companies and organizations that he could partner with or be a representative of that are completely compatible with the principles of the MacArthur-Calvinism niche. So there's no reason he can't brand himself and work with people who brand themselves similarly. As @Snow Fairy has pointed out, there's a perfectly good brand available to him -- but he does little to really go for that brand niche. 

Now, can he partner with anybody he wants to,  just because he likes the non-gluten donuts or whatever that they sell?

No. Nobody is going to have much if any luck trying to be key participants in two contradictory niches. (It's not impossible to work for somebody in a contradictory niche, of course. But why waste your time and energy and court repeated disappointment by even trying? It's a big world and every niche has people to work with, so try those first, at least.)

All he needs to do to have a lot more success than they've had so far is find organizations that agree with the MacArthur-Calvinist controversial views and generally just avoid organizations who hold opposing views, at least until he's happy with the number of gigs he has, so that losing a new one he's tried to land isn't really a blow).

If they'd been doing this from the beginning, I think they'd have had plenty of partnerships and gigs. But instead they've gone after partnerships with people who are on the other side of a huge controversy that has tremendous ability to turn off your customers, no matter which side of the divide you're on. (and, of course, most of those people weren't careful enough either -- although I think they probably never expected a MacArthur Calvinist to show up and want to sell donuts in their sex-positive lefty stores...) 

Nobody who holds any controversial views can expect to just hook up with any business. Nobody's being unfair to Jer and Jingle by refusing to have them  as the business's face after they learn what niche they actually represent. Literally no one will be an acceptable representative or partner for every business. If I tried to work for the Ark Encounter or Focus on the Family, they wouldn't hire me, no matter how much they needed any skill I might offer them. And that would be the smart move on their part. 

Jer's wanted it all, seems to me. And when you try to have it all, you often end up with little or nothing. Hoping for the sake of their little family that he figures this out. 

And you don't have to be Einstein to figure it out. As big a jerk as Der's repeatedly been and as much of a dumb-ass as he's appeared to be at times, I doubt he'll apply for jobs at law firms that specialize in gender-discrimination cases brought by trans people. And applying for a job and asking somebody to be their influencer are pretty similar. 

@Churchhoney you are an excellent informative and persuasive writer!  Great post, I wish I had more than one “like” to give!

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not only based on the fact that he married a Duggar - based on his own public misogynistic, bigoted  beliefs and hatred toward the LGBT community. Unless he denounces all that, and that would mean no more involvement with his church, members of the public will point these facts out. As they should, IMO. Bigotry, misogyny, and hatred for minority communities must be called out every time we see it. Especially when they are actively trying to use the legal system to take rights away from others.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Notice anything in Jeremy’s that is now missing from Jinger’s?

11391123-81B1-4513-91BE-5085BC561BAF.jpeg

89815B71-24CC-4D4F-8F35-902947BAFF3C.jpeg

Wonder if the omissions came from a subconscious urge to forget this extra work she's supposed to do that's so far resulted in nothing but headaches. Somewhere in the back of her mind, her nerves were screaming, "No! I've got two demanding little ones and one big guy who can't fix his own lunch, and I don't want to open Hope and stead again! I don't even know what 'hope and stead' means!! I don't have any spare Gospel hope to share right now!" 

What she really said, of course, was "That sounds like a wonderful plan, Babe! I don't know how I left those things off my profile. Silly me!" 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

They were supposed to start fulfilling backorders today. Guess that's not happening. 

What really cracks me up is in the wee hours of the morning before I went to bed, it still had the notice about fulfilling orders up. So, they literally removed it today, on the day they were supposed to handle that.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 16
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The @hopeandstead.

They both still have the link to the website, though:

E12D0E32-C722-482C-939F-75132804DD54.jpeg

On the bright side, some marketing prof somewhere will soon be using "Hope and Stead Launch Number Two" as a great example for her students of how not to do a launch. 

"Promotions, new products and sales." Does that describe something you want a bunch more of in your inbox? When you have absolutely no idea what the "new products" are or what they have to do with the breakout Vuolos, who are the only reason anyone will be interested in the store in the first place? 

And they want to sell us stuff. But they can't even be bothered to tell us anything about what they're going to sell us and why. This "announcement" or whatever it is couldn't be more impersonal, vague, boring -- They sound uninformed and unenthusiastic about their new venture. So why would anybody else get excited about it? 

Guess what, Jer, when you put out a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that's impersonal, vague, boring -- and nothing else, you've just made "Impersonal, Vague, Boring -- and Nothing Else" your brand! (...I,V,B--& NE might actually work better on a hat than "hope & stead;" though, come to think of it) 

Surely between his undergrad and graduate business courses and a couple of years now in a seminary devoted to training preachers, somebody's tried to teach him how to engage people in what he hopes to sell? Doesn't look like it, though. 

ETA: I give Jingle a complete pass on this. She has two little kids to raise and a husband over 30 years old who claims he can't independently scare up anything for dinner besides a bag of Skittles. These additional businesses that they don't need to have because they already have enough on their plates are Jer's problem only, I'd say. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
On 3/26/2021 at 12:09 AM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Thank you! I rarely buy Salt & Straw by the pint, but that shizz is LEGIT! And living in a big city in California, that price doesn't really faze me. If I can get out of a dessert store for less than $20, I feel like I'm doing well. And if S&S wants to send me $100 worth of ice cream in a bag, you know I'd be posting about it on Insta. I mean, I'm not an influencer, so I don't get stuff for free, but I still tag good businesses.

Jinger's pizza photo is a little perplexing because you'd think you'd want to actually show the pizza. And why do they need like 5 large pizzas for 2 1/2 people? But it's not surprising to me that the pizza place would repost her story. A lot of places repost all of their mentions. Yesterday, I posted a photo in my stories from a tattoo artist in another country because it featured a cartoon I like and the artist reposted my story thanking me for posting. 😂

I just found supermarket brand (Kroger) ice cream  in many of the same Salt & Straw flavors. But these were only $3.99. 🙂 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I just found supermarket brand (Kroger) ice cream  in many of the same Salt & Straw flavors. But these were only $3.99. 🙂 

They are made by the same company. 

• Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

On the bright side, some marketing prof somewhere will soon be using "Hope and Stead Launch Number Two" as a great example for her students of how not to do a launch. 

"Promotions, new products and sales." Does that describe something you want a bunch more of in your inbox? When you have absolutely no idea what the "new products" are or what they have to do with the breakout Vuolos, who are the only reason anyone will be interested in the store in the first place? 

And they want to sell us stuff. But they can't even be bothered to tell us anything about what they're going to sell us and why. This "announcement" or whatever it is couldn't be more impersonal, vague, boring -- They sound uninformed and unenthusiastic about their new venture. So why would anybody else get excited about it? 

Guess what, Jer, when you put out a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that's impersonal, vague, boring -- and nothing else, you've just made "Impersonal, Vague, Boring -- and Nothing Else" your brand! (...I,V,B--& NE might actually work better on a hat than "hope & stead;" though, come to think of it) 

Surely between his undergrad and graduate business courses and a couple of years now in a seminary devoted to training preachers, somebody's tried to teach him how to engage people in what he hopes to sell? Doesn't look like it, though. 

ETA: I give Jingle a complete pass on this. She has two little kids to raise and a husband over 30 years old who claims he can't independently scare up anything for dinner besides a bag of Skittles. These additional businesses that they don't need to have because they already have enough on their plates are Jer's problem only, I'd say. 

Irony: Jeremy was a business major. 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

Just to further drive home how bad they are at marketing, I'd like to note that I just learned Joe Exotic has a memoir coming out in *checks notes* 7-ish months, and even while incarcerated in federal prison, he is promoting his upcoming book on social media through minions more than Jeremy and Jinger are their own book that is coming out in a few weeks. 

• LOL 19
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Just to further drive home how bad they are at marketing, I'd like to note that I just learned Joe Exotic has a memoir coming out in *checks notes* 7-ish months, and even while incarcerated in federal prison, he is promoting his upcoming book on social media through minions more than Jeremy and Jinger are their own book that is coming out in a few weeks. 

And his will be FAR more entertaining than theirs.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

K

6 minutes ago, Zella said:

So, who's gonna take one for the team and slog through this tome of bullshit? I can't imagine it being humble or self-reflective in any manner. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

K

So, who's gonna take one for the team and slog through this tome of bullshit? I can't imagine it being humble or self-reflective in any manner. 

Is this a question about Joe's book or Jinger and Jeremy's? 😄 

8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I, um, already asked a coworker if she thought we could talk our boss into ordering it for our library. LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't know anything about Joe. Is he also renowned for his bullshit? 😃

He's the Tiger King guy. He's also the King of Bullshit. LOL

To be on topic, if my library orders it, I will read Jeremy and Jinger's book, but I will not check it out or request it. And I will not buy it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Sure, Jinger goes around talking about dental calculus. Not a script just totally off the top of her head. I know companies provide scripts to “influencers.” They should do due diligence and assess the influencer’s level of articulation. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

You know, if either of them (or the rest of the Duggars) had even half a brain cell to rub together, they could MINT it with being an Influencer. They just need to decided which side of the fence they sit on. A yummy Mummy type or a somewhat conservative Christian finding their way, home organisation, etc etc. If I had their following I'd sure as hell do a better job

• Love 12
15 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Krogers' top brand, Private Selection, has great ice cream.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

You know, if either of them (or the rest of the Duggars) had even half a brain cell to rub together, they could MINT it with being an Influencer. They just need to decided which side of the fence they sit on. A yummy Mummy type or a somewhat conservative Christian finding their way, home organisation, etc etc. If I had their following I'd sure as hell do a better job

They are too lazy and unmotivated 

Never going to happen 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

exy72w0huop61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Kendra ran this exact same ad to her social media followers. Who are probably the same people as Jinger’s followers. They’re terrible at this stuff.

I don’t think I would be any better — marketing isn’t my thing, and social media isn’t my thing — but that’s why I have worked actual jobs instead of trying to have a “career” as an influencer! Luckily, there are many other options in this world, although unluckily, it seems like they’re aware of none of them.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I believe it's possible that every one ever written will be more entertaining than theirs.

Don't see how that won't be so really, unless they just made stuff up. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I believe it's possible that every one ever written will be more entertaining than theirs.

Don't see how that won't be so really, unless they just made stuff up. 

Reminds me of J Peterman’s “memoir” from Seinfeld! He simply bought stories from others to make it interesting. 😆

• LOL 12

What about the poor fucker who is out his three sandwiches? Why would you even accept the delivery if you hadn't ordered anything? 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17