Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Zella said:

What about the poor fucker who is out his three sandwiches? Why would you even accept the delivery if you hadn't ordered anything? 

I assure you he's not at all troubled by pursuing this line of thinking. And I've been in the room when Christians literally counted it as God's favor when a tornado changed its path and hit a residential neighborhood instead of the church. So...you know. Assholery is the brand.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Don't these people ever, ya know, cook?  They don't work, so what does Jer do all day?  

I don’t know about Jer but Jinger spent her childhood up to marriage whipping up gourmet meals. The girl is tired of making five course meals daily for so many years. Time for Jer to step up and help his tired wife.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

I don’t know about Jer but Jinger spent her childhood up to marriage whipping up gourmet meals. The girl is tired of making five course meals daily for so many years. Time for Jer to step up and help his tired wife.

I don't think the Duggars cook gourmet meals. I'm also not sure any of the older girls actually know how to cook. They've repeatedly been shown to make stuff that looks absolutely disgusting and seem stymied by basic concepts in cooking, like measurements. I'm still haunted by the sleeves that Jinger decided to wear for "baking." I don't think anyone who had done much baking would have picked something so impractical. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think the Duggars cook gourmet meals. I'm also not sure any of the older girls actually know how to cook. They've repeatedly been shown to make stuff that looks absolutely disgusting and seem stymied by basic concepts in cooking, like measurements. I'm still haunted by the sleeves that Jinger decided to wear for "baking." I don't think anyone who had done much baking would have picked something so impractical. 

I took @SMama's post as sarcasm. We know there's nothing remotely "gourmet" about the Duggars. 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I want a sandwich now.

that looks like a calzone to me. 

AF58001C-EC9A-4373-BE3A-1D10AE821D95.jpeg

E5D82E43-16CE-4D9B-85C1-782839F2FB2E.jpeg

Hmm...it could also be a Cornish pasty although I don’t think they are hip enough to be in California lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I took @SMama's post as sarcasm. We know there's nothing remotely "gourmet" about the Duggars. 😁

Ah okay. The internet badly needs a sarcasm font. LOL

• LOL 13
51 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm sure the restaurant sent a correct order to the correct address.  They pretty much had to let Jeremy have the sandwiches.  They can't take them and give them to someone else.  Just like in a restaurant.  They can't take the untouched bread basket or open butter and put it on another table (who knows who coughed on it).  Since the restaurant is responsible for the food quality, it can't be taken from one party and served to another.  I still wouldn't put it on social media, but they pretty much lucked out this time.  Actually, I think was was nice that Jeremy gave a nod to the company.  The food looked good.

Oh I wouldn't expect them to give the food to someone else after Jeremy had breathed on it. I just don't know why he would have ever gotten his hands on his food to begin with. I feel like the more normal thing to do would have been to immediately tell the delivery person that they had the wrong house as soon as the driver as at your door. I admittedly never get delivery because I live too far outside city limits for anyone to want to drive out here so maybe I'm just ignorant about what is normal for this, but would the delivery driver then not go to the right house instead of forking it over to the wrong party? 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh I wouldn't expect them to give the food to someone else after Jeremy had breathed on it. I just don't know why he would have ever gotten his hands on his food to begin with. I feel like the more normal thing to do would have been to immediately tell the delivery person that they had the wrong house as soon as the driver as at your door. I admittedly never get delivery because I live too far outside city limits for anyone to want to drive out here so maybe I'm just ignorant about what is normal for this, but would the delivery driver then not go to the right house instead of forking it over to the wrong party? 

You’re right. I wonder if he bothered to tip the delivery person?

• Love 3

I was wondering the same. I've been asked for my name before the driver would hand over the food. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I think literally the only time I have ever had food delivered to my door in my entire life was when I lived in Fayetteville. I managed to badly injure my ankle, so I ordered a shitload of stuff from somewhere--a pizza place?--that I could eat for a couple of days and not have to stand on my gimpy ankle to cook. If a delivery person had ever shown up to my door other than that day, I probably would have pretended not to be there to avoid talking to them. LOL But if they had been insistent on pounding on my door, I would have told them that it wasn't my order. I just can't fathom taking an order I knew was not mine, even if the restaurant screwed up and brought it to the wrong house. 

• Love 10

I think literally the only time I have ever had food delivered to my door in my entire life was when I lived in Fayetteville. I managed to badly injure my ankle, so I ordered a shitload of stuff from somewhere--a pizza place?--that I could eat for a couple of days and not have to stand on my gimpy ankle to cook. If a delivery person had ever shown up to my door other than that day, I probably would have pretended not to be there to avoid talking to them. LOL But if they had been insistent on pounding on my door, I would have told them that it wasn't my order. I just can't fathom taking an order I knew was not mine, even if the restaurant screwed up and brought it to the wrong house. 

You’re 💯 right. It’s not terribly unusual for delivery people to get the wrong house. It happens a lot in apartment complexes, too. But yeah, if someone answers the door they simply tell the delivery person that they have the wrong address! And then they find the right address. Jeremy’s story doesn’t add up.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Thank you, I’m deeply embarrassed that I suck so much at sarcasm. JB claimed in their first book the four older daughters could look into the pantry and refrigerator and whip up a gourmet meal.

The young ladies can barely cook a basic meal. I’ve always been amused  and annoyed  at the blatant lies of JB and M when there’s so much evidence to the contrary.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

Thank you, I’m deeply embarrassed that I suck so much at sarcasm. JB claimed in their first book the four older daughters could look into the pantry and refrigerator and whip up a gourmet meal.

The young ladies can barely cook a basic meal. I’ve always been amused  and annoyed  at the blatant lies of JB and M when there’s so much evidence to the contrary.

Don't feel bad! The problem was not your sarcasm. It was my sarcasm interpretation skills! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm sure the restaurant sent a correct order to the correct address.  They pretty much had to let Jeremy have the sandwiches.  They can't take them and give them to someone else.  Just like in a restaurant.  They can't take the untouched bread basket or open butter and put it on another table (who knows who coughed on it).  Since the restaurant is responsible for the food quality, it can't be taken from one party and served to another.  I still wouldn't put it on social media, but they pretty much lucked out this time.  Actually, I think was was nice that Jeremy gave a nod to the company.  The food looked good.

True

My friend got a meal she didn't order (due to covid it was left at the doorstep - not US), and the restaurant told her to enjoy, they will send new order to the right customer

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

593AAA2E-F89A-4457-BD3B-B6A6D2B70D6D.jpeg

E6B748CF-4C4B-4D66-9CC2-EEF742EE61A0.jpeg

E3FAD007-A093-4D0E-9CD2-EC6121B4E465.jpeg

I wonder how  Whatever Number Degrees Pizza from the post on the previous page feels about this now?

Are we waiting for yet another not to be missed favorite ice cream shop post now from somewhere other than Salt and Straw?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think it being mistakenly included in an order they already had makes way more sense. I can definitely see how you might not realize that until after the delivery driver left. But I still find it bizarre that Jeremy avoids mentioning that fact and makes it instead seem like it came to him like manna from heaven. Maybe he's seen all the snarkers railing on him for being such a poser about food, and he thought this was somehow less ridiculous? You thought wrong, Jeremy. You thought wrong. 

Note: my phone tried to turn snarkers into sneakers. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Jeremy's story makes no sense. If I ordered a pizza and I open the door to see a guy standing there with a pizza box and sandwiches stacked on top, I'd ask about them before accepting the delivery. As long as the food wasn't actually handed off, I don't see why the delivery guy couldn't just remove the sandwiches, give the box to RFP and go on his way.

It sounds to me like he tried to be slick, took the whole order and then called the restaurant, knowing they can't take back food that's been touched by a third party. 

Many places where I live, like Dominos do "contactless" delivery, where they place the order at the door, ring the bell and leave, but Jeremy's story makes it seem like he actually talked to the guy. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14

I don't think this is that crazy. The delivery guy probably grabbed the sandwiches along with the pizza when he went to deliver Jeremy's order, not realizing the sandwiches were for a different order altogether, and when he tried handing the whole thing off to Jeremy, Jeremy realized the sandwiches weren't his and called the store to ask what to do, and the store said he should just keep them. The store doesn't want some customer getting old sandwiches that have been driven god knows where before arriving, so of course they didn't tell the delivery guy to take the sandwiches back and take them to another destination. They probably made fresh sandwiches ASAP and sent them on their way. I don't think any of it is unusual, just some good luck for Jeremy. It's kinda sweet that he was so excited about some sandwiches that he took a bunch of pictures and posted about it.

This and the story about Jeremy asking his professor about what to do when he realized his pen's inscription was the answer to an extra credit exam question are probably the most endearing stories that I've ever heard about or from Jeremy in my life 😆

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Contactless delivery is the main way of delivery in southern California these days.  The driver wouldn't have handed anything to Jeremy.  It would have been left on the porch with a quick knock or once the driver was away from the porch a text would have been sent.  Depending on how long it took Jeremy to get to the door, the driver may or may not have still been in front of the house.  I generally don't get to the door before the driver is gone.  

We've been calling it drop, knock, and run.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 14

I wonder if Jeremy assumed the food had been ordered for them from a "sweet friend" and wasn't about to turn the delivery man away until he had called to find out if it was his man crush Cade sending him a treat. 😙 I could just see Jeremy assuming it couldn't possibly be a mistaken delivery but a gift...

• LOL 12
14 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

I wonder if Jeremy assumed the food had been ordered for them from a "sweet friend" and wasn't about to turn the delivery man away until he had called to find out if it was his man crush Cade sending him a treat. 😙 I could just see Jeremy assuming it couldn't possibly be a mistaken delivery but a gift...

I cackled so hard at this because I can totally see it! Maybe he thought it was from Mac Daddy! 🤣

• LOL 9
16 hours ago, Zella said:

What about the poor fucker who is out his three sandwiches? Why would you even accept the delivery if you hadn't ordered anything? 

Not Jer's concern! Actually, though, I think he may be off the hook on this one.

WIth Covid around, I expect the driver just set down the sack, rang the bell and was back in her car driving away before they opened the door. That's what they mostly do here, anyway. 

(Apartment dwellers get a phone call from out front or in the lobby before the stuff is left. ) 

You can't hand somebody a package while keeping 6 feet of distance!

ETA: In the building I live in, delivery people haven't been allowed to go beyond the lobby for more than a year now....wow....I'd forgotten how strange that is, compared to The Before Times.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder what'll happen when the fame train ends for Jing and Jer. 

When they call their personal paparazzi to take pics and sell them to a UK tab, they'll leave a message and ... 

.....     crickets    .....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9

It would have been smarter to call the store Hope We Hold to begin with rather than the nonsensical Hope and Stead, but I guess sooner is better than later. LOL Hope We Hold is still pretty lackluster, but at least it's an attempt to be a consistent brand, especially with the book title matching it. I assume one of their announcements will be about the book? Maybe we shamed them into getting a move on it with the Joe Exotic comparisons. When the meth head who is building time for trying to hire a hitman is better at marketing than you are, it's time to reevaluate things. 😄 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Maybe there is an issue with the baby. If they have been spending a lot of time dealing with health issues it would explain the lack of photos and the "hiatus" in the business.

I think it's certainly possible that was a factor, but I also find it mystifying they tried to launch that business so soon after she was born. She was born November 22, and Hope and Stead basically launched December 1. Even if she had no health concerns, it just seems like a bad idea to try to launch a new business fewer than 2 weeks after having a baby. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13

Why do the cookies look burned?

I tend to think everything is fine with the baby. After Evy's (Evvy's? Eevie's? Oh, who the fuck cares anymore) birth, Jeremy quickly resumed his routine of shopping, eating, and sucking up to various MacArthur flunkies. He definitely didn't have the aura of a parent dealing with a sick child.

My guess is they didn't expect to actually have to put effort into running a business, and it flopped accordingly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, Zella said:

It would have been smarter to call the store Hope We Hold to begin with rather than the nonsensical Hope and Stead, but I guess sooner is better than later. LOL Hope We Hold is still pretty lackluster, but at least it's an attempt to be a consistent brand, especially with the book title matching it. I assume one of their announcements will be about the book? Maybe we shamed them into getting a move on it with the Joe Exotic comparisons. When the meth head who is building time for trying to hire a hitman is better at marketing than you are, it's time to reevaluate things. 😄 

I have never understood their use the word stead.  Synonyms, curtesy of Merriam-Webster  are advantage, better, bulge, catbird seat, drop, edge, high ground, inside track, jump, pull, upper hand, vantage, whip hand.  How the fuck do any of those go with hope as the name of a store.  It makes no sense to me.  Hope and Bulge, Hope and Catbird Seat,  Hope and Upper Hand.  What???

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I think they ordered pizza and got the sandwiches on top of it

And I think Jeremy ate all of it in one sitting.

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It sounds to me like he tried to be slick, took the whole order and then called the restaurant, knowing they can't take back food that's been touched by a third party. 

My guess is that all these delivery drivers just automatically go to RFP's house because they've all been there 265 times before.

35 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I have never understood their use the word stead.  Synonyms, curtesy of Merriam-Webster  are advantage, better, bulge, catbird seat, drop, edge, high ground, inside track, jump, pull, upper hand, vantage, whip hand.  How the fuck do any of those go with hope as the name of a store.  It makes no sense to me.  Hope and Bulge, Hope and Catbird Seat,  Hope and Upper Hand.  What???

Considering the amount of food Jeremy hoovers into his gaping maw, Hope and Bulge sounds perfect.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

"In the meanwhile, we merged Hope & Stead under the Hope We Hold umbrella" like they are running some giant corporation rather than a few ill planned ventures they didn't follow through on at all. nice they finally showed a hope and stead candle in a post. 😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

nice they finally showed a hope and stead candle in a post. 😂

In a post with 'home made' cookies. I'm pretty sure people generally like to smell the cookies and don't need a scented candle while baking but that may just be me 🤣

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3