Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Kearning & Fog. Sounds like a terrible folk duo. Maybe I could open for Anger & Son on their world tour.

ETA - The latest pictures reminded me of the time that Jinger baked rolls. Because I am lazy and procrastinating rather than doing work, I went in search of those pictures and found them here and here. It looks like she made crescent rolls (roll dough into a circle, cut in wedges like pizza, roll up starting with the wider side) but instead of lying the rolls flat, she stands them on end, which would account for their bizarre appearance. WTF?! Sometimes doing things a little different is just flat out stupid.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Kearning & Fog. Sounds like a terrible folk duo. Maybe I could open for Anger & Son on their world tour.

I am laughing my ass off with the Hipster Business Name Generator. Thanks, @JoanArc, for the link. 

Wonder & Ear

Village & Hats

Knife & Beacon (obviously they meant Knife & Bacon.  🤣)

Bedroom & Heart (now we're gettin' sexy)

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Wonder & Ear

I have so many questions about this one! Maybe they do, like, super experimental music, and they can tour with Anger and Son and Kearning and Fog! Hope and Stead can be the Christian soft rock band, but we don't want to tour with them. 

• LOL 9
53 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

ETA - The latest pictures reminded me of the time that Jinger baked rolls. Because I am lazy and procrastinating rather than doing work, I went in search of those pictures and found them here and here. It looks like she made crescent rolls (roll dough into a circle, cut in wedges like pizza, roll up starting with the wider side) but instead of lying the rolls flat, she stands them on end, which would account for their bizarre appearance. WTF?! Sometimes doing things a little different is just flat out stupid.

Oh yeah, that is an “avid cook” right there, people. Take notes. *eye roll*

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I got Blood and Burlap - no idea what to even imagine on that one.

Jing and Jer trying to sell the idea they are bakers by showing cookies they obviously didn't bake or frost is a hoot. I wonder where Jing's giant sleeve baking shirt is. I had hoped for a repeat appearance 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Stove and Vodka. I think my imaginary hipster restaurant and lounge has found a name!

Man, Amy's husband should have used that one! 😄 

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

They do look more phallic that way, and since we all know what these patriarchal asshats actually worship...

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 5

These names are just too good!! I can't stop!

The first one I got was Mice and Father, which sounded way too Fundie Patriarchal to even be terribly amusing, but it warmed up after that.

Beer and Beauty sounds like the perfect name for a bar where everyone looks a lot better after a few drinks.

Argyle and Chord made me think of a lovely Scottish pub full of folk tunes.

Blossom and Snail - a gardening shop specializing in a holistic, "live and let live" philosophy.

Blueprint and Spark - an avant garde architectural firm which prides itself on flashes of genius.

Porter and Soap...well, that just sounds as though someone didn't rinse the beer glasses properly...

Maybe I'd better just stop now.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Beer and Beauty sounds like the perfect name for a bar where everyone looks a lot better after a few drinks.

There’s at least one waxing place around here with a liquor license so you can get a cocktail before you have a bikini wax — Beer & Beauty sounds like a low-rent knock-off of that. And, on topic, I’m sure there are similar places in LA with equally stupid names. I doubt Jinger partakes in the cocktails, though. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

These names are just too good!! I can't stop!

The first one I got was Mice and Father, which sounded way too Fundie Patriarchal to even be terribly amusing, but it warmed up after that.

Argyle and Chord made me think of a lovely Scottish pub full of folk tunes.

Blossom and Snail - a gardening shop specializing in a holistic, "live and let live" philosophy.

Blueprint and Spark - an avant garde architectural firm which prides itself on flashes of genius.

Porter and Soap...well, that just sounds as though someone didn't rinse the beer glasses properly...

Maybe I'd better just stop now.

You could go on all day, as far as I'm concerned. This is lovely! 

Too bad Mr. Hope and Tin Ear either doesn't have the imagination and thoughtfulness that you do or (my guess) he's mostly too lazy and boringly self-absorbed to use those faculties much.  Find your faculties and use 'em, Jer. Your life and everyone else's will be much better. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Zella said:

I got Anger and Son, which is a pretty bitching business name! They probably would have been better off using this. 😄 

Those names are hilarious!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, jennblevins said:

There’s at least one waxing place around here with a liquor license so you can get a cocktail before you have a bikini wax — Beer & Beauty sounds like a low-rent knock-off of that. And, on topic, I’m sure there are similar places in LA with equally stupid names. I doubt Jinger partakes in the cocktails, though. 

One of the salons I go to for waxes offers champagne while you wait. It’s great!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I got Blood and Burlap - no idea what to even imagine on that one.

Oh man, that's the name of the next YA vampire trilogy - better trademark that one ASAP!

Moon and Cider here....my hipster organic hard cider bar, opening soon.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 3/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, BetyBee said:

It seems to me that the Vuolos have decided that their SM will focus on them, not their kids. Haven't we only seen Felicity from the back lately and nary a sighting of Evy (is that her name?). Either something happened and they decided to be more protective of their kids, or they're emulating other stars (hah!) and keeping their children's lives more private. What JereME doesn't get is that people are most interested in Jinger and the kids. No one is interested in him. This new venture looks like another bust.

But, as long as they remain on TLC, their kids are going to be part of the mix.   There is no way 'Counting On' is going to  use Jer and Jing without their kids being on the show, too.  Sure, they can limit their kids' exposure on social media; but that isn't going to keep them out of the public eye.  Between TLC's website and screen captures from their followers, both kids are going to be all over the web.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BOOgen3 said:

Woman and Bone. 😀

Woman and boner can be a great romance novel 

1 hour ago, HooHooHoo said:

I got Boot and River. I think my store carries hipster outdoor gear. We can start a little strip mall. 

Wouldn’t surprise me to find 2 brothers named that in my neck of the woods 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 7

I got Seed and Writer.  I think I need to start a business selling books on how to grow pot.

Tramp and Tower, a fairy tale about a sluttish princess who was locked away by the king.  JRod could read it at bedtime to the little Rods.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 13
18 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

I'm loving this name generator. I got Garnet & Dream, so I guess I'll be opening a jewelry shop. I hear leather earrings are all the rage!

Most of these names make more sense than Hope & Stead!

I'm sure the not-Nurie's can help by covering poorly cut shapes with colored tin foil and putting garnet stickers on them.

• LOL 4

Here's what I don't get.

Jer is in school. He apparently has a school-supplied part-time job. He's had a podcast with just them as a couple and apparently plans to continue it at some point, and he does occasional podcasts with other people. He's very occupied with trying to be an online influencer in all sorts of ways and for all sorts of things. He has a recurring role in a reality tv show. He's got a soon-to-be-released book from a big traditional publisher to help promote. He's got an infant and a toddler to help raise and to bond with. 

Jinger has the infant and the toddler to care for 24/7. She participated in the book and in the podcast they did as a couple. She has the forthcoming book to help promote too. She's also on the tv show. And she does influencer stuff as well. 

Why in the heck did they/do they need or want an online store???!!!! 

Online stores are notoriously a pain in the neck to run and -- equally notoriously --  very hard to make money from. They already have enough activities to keep both of them busy day and night if they give each of their previously scheduled activities its due. And nothing they do and nothing specific about their audience clearly suggests some product or products they could easily sell to a large number of their followers. so the store poses multiple marketing challenges before they even start it.

So what in the world does Jer think they have to gain by adding a store to their pile of existing activities? It makes no sense. Are they truly just following the Roloffs? But the Roloff stores didn't really work, did they? Even though annoying Audrey did seem to have a more coherent idea about her store than Jer and Jingle do? 

Why why why does Jer want a store? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

were Jer and Jing on the show last night? If they are still following the Jer and Aud Roloff pattern, which they have every step of the way. book, podcast, silly themed online store that fails, if they continue follow the Roloff pattern they will quit the show and their new shop will be selling essential oils......

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Why in the heck did they/do they need or want an online store???!!!! 

I've had a few MLM friends go from pushing a specific product to pushing their on-line store. At the beginning they were gushing about how easy it was and how much money they would make, none of them lasted more than 3 months. Part of the problem was it was easier & cheaper to buy the same stuff from Amazon or knock-offs from Wish; the other problem was not having a big enough base to make the sales needed to make an actual income. Jer & Jing had that base and thought it would be easy money. Once they found out it was a business they were going to have to work at, they lost interest. 

I honestly think Jeremy has what I call "the grass is always greener" syndrome. As soon as something quits being fun or easy he's off to the new thing that will fulfill his desire to be rich and famous instead of slogging through until it's a success. Jeremy might be boring, but he could learn to act naturally enthusiastic and knowledgeable long enough to preach a sermon, give a speech, or put together a social media post.  But, he doesn't want to be entertaining, he wants to be the respected authority of all things and he doesn't have the talent or experience to pull that off.

• Love 19

I wonder if Jeremy and Jinger got sucked into the online store the way gullible people get sucked into MLM's? My Facebook feed is filled with Boss Babe types swearing I can make tons of easy money by partnering with them on X/Y/Z venture. 

I also think Jeremy is going to do whatever he can not to work a real 8-5, M-F job. He barely bothered with his congregation in Laredo and is currently half-assing his way to a divinity degree. Everything they're doing with their branding has a desperate vibe of "chucking darts at the board and praying one sticks." Either Jeremy's falling out of favor with MacArthur or they're burning through cash at a scary pace. Otherwise, I can't understand why they're frantically jumping around from one thing to the next with no real plan.

Nysha, great minds and all, right? I was typing about the MLM's as you posted. I swear we're all morphing into one person 😆

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh man, that's the name of the next YA vampire trilogy - better trademark that one ASAP!

Moon and Cider here....my hipster organic hard cider bar, opening soon.

I got Cider and Vein a bit earlier...for those hard-core types who like to take it intravenously! 

I'm thinking we should take the name generator to the prayer closet...still plenty of amusement to be had, but precious little having to to with Jing & Jer.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I honestly think Jeremy has what I call "the grass is always greener" syndrome. As soon as something quits being fun or easy he's off to the new thing that will fulfill his desire to be rich and famous instead of slogging through until it's a success. Jeremy might be boring, but he could learn to act naturally enthusiastic and knowledgeable long enough to preach a sermon, give a speech, or put together a social media post.  But, he doesn't want to be entertaining, he wants to be the respected authority of all things and he doesn't have the talent or experience to pull that off.

I kind of get the feeling too. 

• Love 12
On 3/30/2021 at 6:52 PM, Jeeves said:

I am laughing my ass off with the Hipster Business Name Generator. Thanks, @JoanArc, for the link. 

Wonder & Ear

Village & Hats

Knife & Beacon (obviously they meant Knife & Bacon.  🤣)

Bedroom & Heart (now we're gettin' sexy)

Jill's opening one called Penis and Vagina. Selling sex toys and games. It'll outsell all the other girls ventures by 100000%

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jill's opening one called Penis and Vagina. Selling sex toys and games. It'll outsell all the other girls ventures by 100000%

We know she'll market it with more enthusiasm and personal product reviews than Jer & Jing have presented for their crap.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2