Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just now, CalicoKitty said:

I think the apron says "imperishable hope", but it is not not very clear.  They needed to use a better embroidery person.  

No, they need to pick a better font. That font is very hard to read.

If I were Betty Crocker, I'd make them take down that picture for showing my product. No way would I want to be associated with those two.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

In a post with 'home made' cookies. I'm pretty sure people generally like to smell the cookies and don't need a scented candle while baking but that may just be me 🤣

I just saw the picture of the cookies with the candles. That's enough to lose my lunch. 🤮

• LOL 4
54 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I have never understood their use the word stead.  Synonyms, curtesy of Merriam-Webster  are advantage, better, bulge, catbird seat, drop, edge, high ground, inside track, jump, pull, upper hand, vantage, whip hand.  How the fuck do any of those go with hope as the name of a store.  It makes no sense to me.  Hope and Bulge, Hope and Catbird Seat,  Hope and Upper Hand.  What???

Hope and Illiteracy 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

On reddit they are pretty sure they are store bought.

Yeah, unlikely you'd place two dollops of a chocolate batter randomly on the same sheet with 8 non-chocolate cookies (might be more than one batter among those, too, given the suspiciously different baked shape of at least one of the non-chocolate cookies...). Also unlikely you'd decorate cookies on a baking sheet when you're apparently baking at least two different kinds of cookies in the same session, in my experience, at least. 

Although when you're as inefficient and random as they often seem to be, I suppose anything's possible. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

For anyone familiar with Audrey and Jeremy Roloff, these two are trying to be them, IMO.

It's hard to imagine anyone would want to emulate those two fools, but I guess there's one born every minute.  Even more often when there's a Duggar involved. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Given "baking" has a question mark, I'm pretty neither of them actually know what baking involves. They've got some of the elements: cookies, baking sheet, frosting, and sprinkles. They're just not sure how the oven fits in yet.

• LOL 21
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think the apron says "imperishable hope", but it is not not very clear.  They needed to use a better embroidery person.  

Phew...that's a little less awkward than Impregnable Hope. 🤣  Although I like @graefin's read of Insufferable Hope. That is just perfect! 😁

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

That was my first thought. They opened a package of chips ahoy and jinger is glopping icing on them.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

For anyone familiar with Audrey and Jeremy Roloff, these two are trying to be them, IMO.

All that’s missing is Felicity sitting on the counter next to the cookies 🤣 and a kitchen aid mixer 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Around here, something that’s gained popularity the past year or so is “decorate your own cookie/cupcake” kits. Like, a dozen plain sugar cookies, little tubs of frosting, sprinkles, colored sugar, etc. 

Why not just say you bought cookies for the kids (well, Felicity) to decorate? Why does it all have to be a charade? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

People who block others the moment they are questioned about anything are pathetic. 

See examples 1 and 2: jessa and joy. 

so now they’re adding aprons and cookies to their random offerings?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, awaken said:

See examples 1 and 2: jessa and joy. 

so now they’re adding aprons and cookies to their random offerings?

I'm really invested in whether or not all the previous items they were peddling, the candles and hats, are dropped. My guess is yes. 😄 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm really invested in whether or not all the previous items they were peddling, the candles and hats, are dropped. My guess is yes. 😄 

What, you don't want a broken candle or smashed baseball cap? 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if they fulfilled the outstanding orders? 

It doesn't appear so. They wiped the site clean. I hope people got refunds if they were initially charged. Most places won't charge until an item ships, but we're talking rank amateurs here, so...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Pinke said:

These two are KILLING. ME.

Time and time again I am baffled by how mediocre their Instagram posts have been, and how weak and directionless their brand has been. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't be surprised, but some of the stuff they mess up is so basic, it truly baffles me.

If you want to succeed as an influencer (and obviously that's never guaranteed), you usually need to have a brand that's strong, clear, and consistent. Now, I can understand that finding, defining and establishing your brand (and sticking to it!) can sometimes be tricky and may not so much fall in the ''basic knowledge'' category, but it is essential nevertheless.

For better or for worse, Instagram is image-focused. That's just the nature of the beast. I know that, we know that, and I'm sure Jeremy (based on the numerous accounts he follows) knows that. Instagram is all about creating and presenting images that are pleasant, appealing, and in line with the image you're trying to convey. Those cookies are not appealing so that's strike one. Another thing: if their image had consistently been of two ditzes in the kitchen, then this picture could at least make some sense. Maybe that's what they will be going for with their new venture, à la ''aw shucks, look at us, clueless in the kitchen but learning!''. But for now, when I think of them and food/cooking, I think of Jeremy the foodie and Jinger sometimes pretending to somewhat adequately cook/bake something, so this picture makes no sense, and that's strike two.

Did Jeremy look at this strange array of looking-suspiciously-store-bought cookies with icing unappetizingly glopped on them and actually thought this looked good? If so, he's clueless. Otherwise, he's either too lazy to bother and figures they can coast on Jinger's popularity (which has worked so far, at least to an extent) or they've decided to now go for the ''clueless in the kitchen'' shtick (and even then, I maintain that this picture is a fail).

It is baffling. I keep thinking of the people I follow on social media. Not really influencers, and it's not something I actively invest much time, but there are a handful of YouTube channels and blogs I have subscribed to over the years. Also a couple of podcasts I tried dabbling in before my utter inability to focus on podcasts drove me away, but the topics were interesting enough to me to try. Regardless of the topic and the medium, there's always a very strong focus of what they are trying to do and a clear purpose to entertain or educate or both. And the really good ones very much have a persona, but it looks effortless and seems real enough to be relatable and not off-putting. 

They have none of those things. 

Jinger's own interests are murky, but Jeremy clearly likes fashion and food. But as someone posted on here quite a while ago, he never actually seems to impart any wisdom about these topics. Probably because he doesn't actually know anything about them, but you can't build a social media empire around "Hey look what I ate" and "Hey look what I wore." 

The other Duggars are terrible at this, too, but I feel like they actually at least have a better nascent idea of branding and content than Jeremy. This is admittedly a low bar. But Jessa seems to really bear down on her mom persona, and Jill has her own little Christian self-discovery persona. They both have tried to offer educational content, a lot of which is laughable, like Jessa's super obvious tips on things and Jill's weird recipes, but it's still more actual content than what Jeremy is churning out. 

I can't help but wonder what would happen if you sat Jeremy down for a branding meeting and asked him pointblank exactly what he was offering that someone couldn't find somewhere else on the internet. What is he giving his followers that nobody else is doing?  

• Love 21
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

All that’s missing is Felicity sitting on the counter next to the cookies 🤣 and a kitchen aid mixer 

They could give it the Duggar twist by having her run up and down the counter in dirt-caked shoes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

To give it the Duggar twist, of course, she'd have to be jumping up and down  on the counter in dirt-caked shoes. 

*grubby bare feet are more on brand.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Suzn said:

I have never understood their use the word stead.  Synonyms, curtesy of Merriam-Webster  are advantage, better, bulge, catbird seat, drop, edge, high ground, inside track, jump, pull, upper hand, vantage, whip hand.  How the fuck do any of those go with hope as the name of a store.  It makes no sense to me.  Hope and Bulge, Hope and Catbird Seat,  Hope and Upper Hand.  What???

Because I'm basically 12 years old, Hope and Bulge don't necessarily seem all that incongruent...

• LOL 15
52 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Because I'm basically 12 years old, Hope and Bulge don't necessarily seem all that incongruent...

37 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Let me use that one in a sentence--I hope never to see Jeremy's bulge.

Naughty girls!  My mind went there too.

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It doesn't appear so. They wiped the site clean. I hope people got refunds if they were initially charged. Most places won't charge until an item ships, but we're talking rank amateurs here, so...

I think you're right. I was scrolling the comments and one was left a couple of hours ago that said they've yet to receive merchandise or a refund. It sounds like the Vuolos are going to pretend Hope and Stead never existed. 

If so, that pretty much guarantees this new iteration will fail as well. People don't take kindly to being scammed. Jinger has a sizeable following but what percentage are actually buying product? It seems like most of her fans are older women who just want to see pictures of the kids. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I love dealing with companies who bill when they've printed a shipping label, not that they've shipped, but they are very prompt on printing the label.   I cross them off the list for future purchases.     

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

It seems to me that the Vuolos have decided that their SM will focus on them, not their kids. Haven't we only seen Felicity from the back lately and nary a sighting of Evy (is that her name?). Either something happened and they decided to be more protective of their kids, or they're emulating other stars (hah!) and keeping their children's lives more private. What JereME doesn't get is that people are most interested in Jinger and the kids. No one is interested in him. This new venture looks like another bust.

• Love 18

Its so much harder to figure everything out in between seasons. At least when the show is airing speculation can sometimes be verified or put to rest. Everything now is based on SM posts here and there, or sometimes with videos.

I tried to watch the new episode that is posted on YouTube, but its all over the place and I ended up jumping around on it. I don't think the Breakout Stars were even on it.

• Useful 5
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Hope and Illiteracy 

You might be on to something....Hope and Stupidity.  Hope and Mediocrity.  Hope and Pocket Squares.  Hope I Get Some Free Grub Tonight.  Hope I Don't Lose My Hair.  Hope Cade Texts Tonight....all, of course, under the umbrella of Hope We Hold which is under the bigger umbrella of Hope and Stead which is now defunct but still sounds vague enough to be super cool and mysterious.

15 hours ago, Zella said:

Aw, and I really wanted to know what a "Stead" candle smelled like.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 17
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its so much harder to figure everything out in between seasons. At least when the show is airing speculation can sometimes be verified or put to rest. Everything now is based on SM posts here and there, or sometimes with videos.

I tried to watch the new episode that is posted on YouTube, but its all over the place and I ended up jumping around on it. I don't think the Breakout Stars were even on it.

Heaven forbid! Is that even possible? 

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Jessa didn't show Ivy for months after her birth either, and some thought something was wrong with her too, and there wasn't.

Something is wrong with Jessa.... 😆

We did the hipster business name generator, right?

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I got Anger and Son, which is a pretty bitching business name! They probably would have been better off using this. 😄 

Butter and Wire

Like Jingle's cooking.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1