Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I'm hoping that at least most of the buyers are people with enough money who see this as a way to throw a little cash toward Jingle and her family, whom they like and figure could use the cash. I don't feel very confident of that. But my Pollyanna side does think that's possible .... 

ETA: On the sad front, in the one video I watched all the way through, the recipient is a Californian who hopes that she and the Vuolos can become best friends. Jingle tries to both acknowledge this and gloss it over ... "Who knows? Maybe one day we'll run into you when we're out and about." 

The secondhand embarrassment is killing me.

• Love 8

SM has taken being a fan to a new level, but fans have been around long before the internet. Fan magazines like Teen Beat, fan clubs, letters, signed photos, autographs, screaming and crying fans at concerts, etc.

Same stuff, different era.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, louannems said:

Little Felicity is developing the prominent Duggar girl chin.  She is so cute.

Ivy too, except Ivy's little pointy chin is a bit recessed still.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

SM has taken being a fan to a new level, but fans have been around long before the internet. Fan magazines like Teen Beat, fan clubs, letters, signed photos, autographs, screaming and crying fans at concerts, etc.

Same stuff, different era.

Absolutely. It's a human thing. Celebrities have always been quite a similar thing to, say, Greek gods, in my opinion. 

But that's the whole point. What technology allows people to do is changing very fast and in the direction of giving people who can seize it powers nobody's ever had to the same extent before. But human nature and human thinking capacity is the same as it ever was -- so it's easy for many to get dominated by that fast-moving technological power. And for it to be allowed to develop in ways that turn out to be a bad idea, well  before anybody gets the idea that maybe we should control it better or even be more cautious of it. 

For me, the hugely hugely hugely enhanced abilities to "connect," to "connect" and find out about many many many people, to find avenues to entice people falsely and so on echoes (with somewhat less intensity, but still intense...) what Einstein said about unleashing the power of the split atom: "The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe." 

Technology, always, makes it easier for us to do good things but also, always, dangerous, harmful and stupid things, too. And it's always a realm that many powerful people will tinker with to make it achieve their ends as nearly as possible, without any thought to the good of others. 

I wouldn't say this leads toward a society-wide catastrophe, like atomic energy. But for various kinds of vulnerable and unwary individuals, for children and so on, this virtual world can have some pretty extreme consequences that you were way less likely to run into in the past, if you could ever run into them at all. 

And we aren't careful thinkers, as a species. But I don't think our typical, unthinking go-with-the-flow thing is necessarily the best idea when it comes to something like this! (and you're not surprised I think that, are you?! 😀 )

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Absolutely. It's a human thing. Celebrities have always been quite a similar thing to, say, Greek gods, in my opinion. 

But that's the whole point. What technology allows people to do is changing very fast and in the direction of giving people who can seize it powers nobody's ever had to the same extent before. But human nature and human thinking capacity is the same as it ever was -- so it's easy for many to get dominated by that fast-moving technological power. And for it to be allowed to develop in ways that turn out to be a bad idea, well  before anybody gets the idea that maybe we should control it better or even be more cautious of it. 

For me, the hugely hugely hugely enhanced abilities to "connect," to "connect" and find out about many many many people, to find avenues to entice people falsely and so on echoes (with somewhat less intensity, but still intense...) what Einstein said about unleashing the power of the split atom: "The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe." 

Technology, always, makes it easier for us to do good things but also, always, dangerous, harmful and stupid things, too. And it's always a realm that many powerful people will tinker with to make it achieve their ends as nearly as possible, without any thought to the good of others. 

I wouldn't say this leads toward a society-wide catastrophe, like atomic energy. But for various kinds of vulnerable and unwary individuals, for children and so on, this virtual world can have some pretty extreme consequences that you were way less likely to run into in the past, if you could ever run into them at all. 

And we aren't careful thinkers, as a species. But I don't think our typical, unthinking go-with-the-flow thing is necessarily the best idea when it comes to something like this! (and you're not surprised I think that, are you?! 😀 )

We need each other Churchie.

Dare I say, I'm a fan of yours?

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

So far she has done 7 " shout outs" in about a week. At 60 bucks a piece that's a good chunk of change, enough to pay their rent in LA each month. Of course, the novelty of it will wear off eventually.

You can watch the videos here. 

https://www.cameo.com/jingervuolo

I just had a thought that Jinger would make tons of money being a web cam girl but instead of doing the usual kinky stuff she could just sit in front of the camera and read the bible. Tons of leghumpers and weirdos would pay to see that.

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
Nevermind

Last month I commented on a tweet my celebrity* crush made, and he liked the comment. The jolt of adrenaline I got when I saw that notification sent me on a high for about 24 hours, and I'm a married middle-aged mom. So yeah, I see how there would be lots of people out there who would pay to have their favorite celeb talk to them. 

*He's only a celebrity in a very small niche fandom, way fewer followers than any of the Duggars.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
31 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I'm not much of a baby person, but this is adorable.

Very cute, but ... digital photography ...... why is she suddenly blond ..... what happened the second before and the second after that click ..... how quickly did they hustle out of the stands after the TLC  photo session because princess turned real .... .....

Well, enough is enough.  Real world stuff has erupted. 

So, that's all folks ....... see you in another life!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Abstract said:

Last month I commented on a tweet my celebrity* crush made, and he liked the comment. The jolt of adrenaline I got when I saw that notification sent me on a high for about 24 hours, and I'm a married middle-aged mom. So yeah, I see how there would be lots of people out there who would pay to have their favorite celeb talk to them. 

*He's only a celebrity in a very small niche fandom, way fewer followers than any of the Duggars.

When Leonard Nimoy tweeted about quitting smoking I tweeted back a little note of encouragement and actually followed me on Twitter. Holy shit!  Totally get that jolt of adrenaline. 

• Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Someone has to pay for all those ties.

Maybe it's just me but she always sounds like she's talking to preschoolers.  I couldn't take much more than a few seconds of a few before her voice was like nails on a chalkboard.

OMG!  That made me cringe.  Why didn't she have a little script so it wasn't just drivel, repetition and "um"?  I really expected better of her.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 2

RFP...Tie too short. Pants too short...need to go with a skinnier cut if you’re going to try for that weird trendy suit-too-small look.

Color coordinating your outfits? So high school.

I confess I really covet her shoes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

When Leonard Nimoy tweeted about quitting smoking I tweeted back a little note of encouragement and actually followed me on Twitter. Holy shit!  Totally get that jolt of adrenaline. 

Wow...I got a vicarious jolt of adrenaline just reading that! How exciting that must have been. So sad that we lost  him...

• Love 7
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We need each other Churchie.

Dare I say, I'm a fan of yours?

Ditto. 

I am a fan of yours as well. 

If you don't add together the different points of view you're just like one blind man with an elephant! 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Abstract said:

I've done this too. I was very happy a few years ago when a celeb I follow thought one of my tweets in response to his was really funny and pinned it for a while.

I just think (know?) that there are various dangers in it for both sides if it goes too far....like the danger of letting that kind of adrenaline become too important in somebody's life.  

Or, in this case, a danger of inadvertently teaching a kid that it's a good idea to fake friendship for money. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wicked_la has caught hashtagitis from Jill.

Honestly, all the hashtags wicked_la used make sense for their topic and will enable people to find the post, unlike Jill, who has no idea what they're for. 16 tags is a lot, but they all make sense. There's no limit for how many tags you can use on one instagram post, but seven or more is better for visibility!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

00E01EA0-4E10-4353-9F28-FE51608C4D97.jpeg

C3D8EE01-1068-4C09-AD14-4ECBF5B31413.jpeg

I’m sure if Jeremy knew he was having his photo taken he would have insisted on pushing the pram around and telling Jinger to keep smiling. 

Also so many hashtags wtf! 

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The far left pic of Jinger - does her hair against her head look all “broken” up ? Like the breakage some have wondered about?

Yes, it looks like she has huge patches missing.

• Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, Abstract said:

haha no judgement here, one of my MTV b list celebrities ( maybe c or d list, from the challenge and hasn't even been on the seasons in a long time) followed me on instagram and i legit told everyone I knew and they were all like "who??"  Also a married mom. its the small things, right? LOL

The only time I think I would pay for a cameo is for maybe a birthday gift for someone who was a mega fan ( and I wouldn't pay more than 60, sorry charlie sheen!) I think 60 dollars for Jinger is steep, honestly. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yes, it looks like she has huge patches missing.

Okay, hair experts...is there anyway to fix that other than chop it all off and start over?

She could do the Anya from Project Runway I guess...

728134FB-3366-4A82-94B4-5ECE20580D6C.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I've done this too. I was very happy a few years ago when a celeb I follow thought one of my tweets in response to his was really funny and pinned it for a while.

I just think (know?) that there are various dangers in it for both sides if it goes too far....like the danger of letting that kind of adrenaline become too important in somebody's life.  

Or, in this case, a danger of inadvertently teaching a kid that it's a good idea to fake friendship for money. 

Well, they already fake friendships to win souls for Jesus. At least money has practical uses. 

I kid, I kid!*

*Not really.

Edited by lascuba
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Suzn said:

OMG!  That made me cringe.  Why didn't she have a little script so it wasn't just drivel, repetition and "um"?  I really expected better of her.

I listened to the whole of all of them and she does seem to have a script!  She knows they are all going to have an amazing day!  An she encourages them all to be an encouragement to others!  Then she tells Felicity to wave or speak.  That's it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

I listened to the whole of all of them and she does seem to have a script!  She knows they are all going to have an amazing day!  An she encourages them all to be an encouragement to others!  Then she tells Felicity to wave or speak.  That's it!

But she repeats herself about having an amazing day and so on.  Say it once and move on.  It's like she needs to fill a certain amount of time and doesn't have anything new to say, so the repetition.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

But she repeats herself about having an amazing day and so on.  Say it once and move on.  It's like she needs to fill a certain amount of time and doesn't have anything new to say, so the repetition.

That's probably about the size of it..... I assume that the company requires you to fill up a certain amount of time so that buyers don't feel cheated......

Have to say, though, that if somebody told me to write, say, a 30-second script wishing happy birthday to a person about whom I knew nothing, I think I'd have a very hard time doing it. .... Well, unless I just decided to talk really really really really slowly....

Talking for under a minute feels like no time when you're comfortable in the conversation and with the listener and subject matter. But I  think it might feel like an eternity when you must speak but don't know the person or anything about them and have no shared subject matter to turn to except that they like you (they really like you)!

Plus, I think for most of Jingle's life the people she's been closest to have seldom let her get a word in edgewise....

I didn't listen to all seven of those videos, but I expected her to have more details provided by the buyers to include in her speeches. (maybe she did in most of them and I just didn't listen long enough, though -- she did have the "fellow Californian, want to be your best friend" thing...)........

What I figured when it first got advertised was that you sent the Cameo person details about what you wanted them to say and then it was just their job to say it? And I read on the site that the person can refuse requests  -- so it would make sense that they've envisioned having buyers ask people to deliver specific messages, some of which people might decline to deliver....

That would make more sense to me than the way it seems to be working out with Jingle .... For example, even a skeptic like me can see it potentially being a fun thing to have a big surprise planned for somebody's birthday -- and then to have a favorite celebrity of theirs announce that surprise via one of these or something.

But if all you ask them to say is "happy birthday," you as a buyer aren't really holding up your end of the bargain, seems to me. I'm not surprised that somebody would stumble around delivering that message -- "Do a good 30-second riff on the subject of a total strangers birthday" is a tough assignment.  Most of us would probably be a little embarrassed and uncomfortable doing that, too -- even if we had been asked -- and that would make it even harder to pull off....

Maybe she'll fall back on some of the Duggar birthday specials, like  praising their servants' hearts and saying she can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

That's probably about the size of it..... I assume that the company requires you to fill up a certain amount of time so that buyers don't feel cheated......

Have to say, though, that if somebody told me to write, say, a 30-second script wishing happy birthday to a person about whom I knew nothing, I think I'd have a very hard time doing it. .... Well, unless I just decided to talk really really really really slowly....

Talking for under a minute feels like no time when you're comfortable in the conversation and with the listener and subject matter. But I  think it might feel like an eternity when you must speak but don't know the person or anything about them and have no shared subject matter to turn to except that they like you (they really like you)!

Plus, I think for most of Jingle's life the people she's been closest to have seldom let her get a word in edgewise....

I didn't listen to all seven of those videos, but I expected her to have more details provided by the buyers to include in her speeches. (maybe she did in most of them and I just didn't listen long enough, though -- she did have the "fellow Californian, want to be your best friend" thing...)........

What I figured when it first got advertised was that you sent the Cameo person details about what you wanted them to say and then it was just their job to say it? And I read on the site that the person can refuse requests  -- so it would make sense that they've envisioned having buyers ask people to deliver specific messages, some of which people might decline to deliver....

That would make more sense to me than the way it seems to be working out with Jingle .... For example, even a skeptic like me can see it potentially being a fun thing to have a big surprise planned for somebody's birthday -- and then to have a favorite celebrity of theirs announce that surprise via one of these or something.

But if all you ask them to say is "happy birthday," you as a buyer aren't really holding up your end of the bargain, seems to me. I'm not surprised that somebody would stumble around delivering that message -- "Do a good 30-second riff on the subject of a total strangers birthday" is a tough assignment.  Most of us would probably be a little embarrassed and uncomfortable doing that, too -- even if we had been asked -- and that would make it even harder to pull off....

Maybe she'll fall back on some of the Duggar birthday specials, like  praising their servants' hearts and saying she can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for them. 

I'm sure you're right that it is required that she speak for 30 seconds or so.  And yes, what do you say about a stranger's birthday?  Someone needs to help her put together an all purpose patter to customize with the little information she is given.  Otherwise, I don't think there will continue to be much market for the very limited amount she has to say.

You're also right about how hard it would be to speak for 30 seconds if you have nothing to say; it would seem like a very, very long time.

• Love 5

Someone that i can't remember now announced they were doing cameos and I thought it would be really neat until I saw their hefty fee. But I would have crapped my pants if I would have gotten a video from them saying my name.  Really wish I could remember who it was though! 

At the risk of sounding stalkerish, do we know if they're living in Studio City?  There seem to be a lot of photos taken in that area.  Why did I think it was Sun Valley, or is that just where their megachurch is?  Curious, because I live super-duper close to Studio City and need to prepare myself mentally and emotionally (lol) in case I run into them unexpectedly.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Those are the ugly shoes I was talking about. Yes the pants are not flattering.

That leather color comes into fashion once in a while, I guess. So maybe it's in or on the horizon now? My elderly relatives used to call it "shit-brindle." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Those jeans give him a Hank Hill style flat ass.  

Haha yes! It's also just a super awkward-looking not walking walk pose to be caught in! Like, why the hell are you standing in the damn road getting your picture taken, Preacher Man?!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

On another post, Jinger says “and we will never be the same” referencing an ice cream shop. Little does she realize, that there’s no going back now, she will never be the same.  She’s flown the coop. 

• Love 3

Jeremy is 30 going on 45, I can't believe how old he looks. Those clothes age him and the shoes are ridiculous. Tennis shoes would have looked better with that casual outfit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy is 30 going on 45, I can't believe how old he looks. Those clothes age him and the shoes are ridiculous. Tennis shoes would have looked better with that casual outfit. 

Yet he wore athletic shoes on his rooftop proposal to Jin.  RFP has gone Hollywood.  Super.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2