Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

IJin should just give up flat-ironing her hair, and be natural.  I've made peace with being a curly-top.  

Same here with my pin straight hair.  

Sometimes ya really do have to let nature do its thing!!!  When Jinger does her curly hair, it's very pretty!  This abused straight look has got to go!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

As someone who grew up on B&W TV, I also like B&W photos.  I dream in color, but my mom dreamed in B&W.  My daughter dreams in B&W too.

How does one know if they dream in black and white?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

How does one know if they dream in black and white?

Because when they recall a dream it's in black and white. The same way you remember any other detail about a dream. Some ppl dream in one language over another if they are multi lingual. 

• Love 3

I think Jinger looks great.  Hard to believe that’s the same girl with the horrible perm who used to trail behind Jessa like a lost puppy.  When I saw those two ladies on the reunion show, I couldn’t help but notice the contrast.  One was relaxed, well dressed and seemingly content and the other appeared to be wearing clothes that were retrieved from the hamper, and looked tired, stressed and anxious. 

• Love 13

It somewhat looks like Jeremy used some kind of filter to make the image look a bit fuzzy... If so - well, I think he could have done without that.

Other than that, it is indeed a nice picture and I like the black and white.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because when they recall a dream it's in black and white. The same way you remember any other detail about a dream. Some ppl dream in one language over another if they are multi lingual. 

Now the language thing I didn't know!  I learn a lot from the posters here & elsewhere, thank you.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought that dinner a couple of weeks ago said it all. She's knocked up. Jeremy is just SLY about how they are going to announce it. I guess the plan also depends on when she starts showing. 

#conspiracytheory :)

eta: b/w photos show less hair damage. Jer apparently likes Jinger's very curly hair straight. 

You could be right. Alternative theories though: She could just have gained some weight, considering how skinny she was. It would be noticable and not a bad thing. My mother told me a lot of people gain weight when they get married. Especially since she eats different food now. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't generally remember specific colors in my dreams unless the color has a particular significance, but I would say they are probably in color because I can't really imagine experiencing something which seems real without having it echo reality. I wonder, did people even ask that question before black and white motion pictures came along and there was nothing but the world in color (aside from a still image like a pencil drawing , etching, or such) with which to compare it?

Edited to add that very rarely I will have a dream where some part of it will be in Polish, but otherwise I dream in English...Though I have had dreams where I am fluently speaking a language I don't know, though I can't remember any actual words from it when I wake up.

Or tap dancing. I don't know why, but I dream this fairly frequently, and it's always so easy, while I have not an iota of dancing talent of any sort in real life.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3

Yeah, I've always assumed mine are in color because I don't recall thinking they looked overly dramatic or like a movie, but I can't be positive.  

My mind will also recall/set current-age dreams in odd historical scenarios, like the hall of the elementary school I attended for one year.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, I've always assumed mine are in color because I don't recall thinking they looked overly dramatic or like a movie, but I can't be positive.  

My mind will also recall/set current-age dreams in odd historical scenarios, like the hall of the elementary school I attended for one year.

I have dreams about being a high school student, and not being prepared at all. I'm 34. 

• Love 10

I used to dream in French a fair amount but now I generally dream in English.

I agree that Jinger could have just gained a bit of weight from being able to eat entire portions of food rather than having to curl around her plate and growl, as likely happened at the Duggar house. Plus, she knows Josie has not licked her food and her counters so that may increase her appetite.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I have dreams about being a high school student, and not being prepared at all. I'm 34. 

I still get those, and I'm over 60.  I'm trying to find my classroom, and can't.  Or, I haven't attended a class in weeks, and I'm going to get an F.

Just be happy you wake up, and it's all been a dream! :)

• Love 17

28 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I still get those, and I'm over 60.  I'm trying to find my classroom, and can't.  Or, I haven't attended a class in weeks, and I'm going to get an F.

Just be happy you wake up, and it's all been a dream! :)

Is there room for one more?  I have recurring dreams that the school has rescinded my diploma and I need to repeat a semester.  And I am nowhere near able to do the work for it.  Horrible dream!!

• Love 9

That's a popular one. Monsieur Genevrier is still having it at age 57. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Is there room for one more?  I have recurring dreams that the school has rescinded my diploma and I need to repeat a semester.  And I am nowhere near able to do the work for it.  Horrible dream!!

That's the one I keep having. I didn't know anyone else had those dreams too.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I didn't know anyone else had those dreams too

I don't have it any more, but for many years I had a dream where I was in my grade school and would trip and fall down this extra long staircase that went from the 3rd floor almost down to the 1st floor.  And though I would tumble down the stairs, I was very acrobatic and managed to bounce and catch things along the way so it was a slow, controlled fall,  if that makes sense.  Later I read that dreaming of falling down stairs was a sign of sexual awakening.  Go figure.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's the one I keep having. I didn't know anyone else had those dreams too.

I think pretty much everyone has variations on those dreams.  I still have them about both high school and college. The high school ones generally involve me having lost my locker combination within the first days of the year  and, having no access to either my books of class schedule, I just meander around until I realize finals are coming up. The college ones generally focus on a class or two (generally math and/or history) where for some reason I have not done any homework or cracked a book all semester and realize I have a final the next day, and that even if I learn enough overnight to somehow pass the final, I will still fail the class and my parents will find out. 

And I'm 58

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I think I read somewhere that those are among the most common dreams, for people of all ages. .... I guess we're very easily traumatized as teenagers. lol

Plus, of course, that's an age when people are still checking up on us all the time.

The Duggars do not have such dreams, of course. Wonder what they dream instead.... Perhaps something about their parents and mini golf courses.

Or Joshley. And bunk beds.

Or Bill Gothard. And flip flops.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

You could be right. Alternative theories though: She could just have gained some weight, considering how skinny she was. It would be noticable and not a bad thing. My mother told me a lot of people gain weight when they get married. Especially since she eats different food now. 

Plus her living conditions are very different now. Jinger is probably able to relax, breathe, and just be now. 

I imagine life in the Duggar household must be very stressful in general for the girls, especially for sister moms. Add the stress of having to live with your abusers, keep sweet at all times, and then having your very personal secret become common knowledge, but still you must keep sweet - all of that will take a physical toll. Some people eat when stressed (Josh). Some people don't eat when stressed (Jinger).

Maybe Jinger finally feels safe enough to eat.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

One thing out of all the husbands Jinger got pick of the litter?

Litter of werewolves. I think he is a predator and she was prey. 

He could have found someone much stronger in his 'real' life, but he sought Jinger out and said he liked her meekness. That is not a strong confident male. Then again, he said he left soccer because some bullshit God made him suck to redirect him to his ministry that he can't be bothered with, but Jinger wears pants so he's a catch. 

Jeremy also has wonky teefs. 

He did things I like, he shut down the Duggs for some honeymoon time and he seems to encourage Jinger in fashion, but I still don't trust him completely. 

• Love 16

(Well, my daughter is dealing with sleep issues (teens!) so we pop on the Duggars...she is usually sleeping in 15 minutes.) 

I was watching a recent Counting On episode and Jinger says "...if the Lord decides to bless us with children" 

That does not sound like a woman who is using birth control. Sounds more like a woman who is having unprotected sex and not pregnant. 

However, other times, Jinger looks like she totally does not want children at the moment.  Could they be having trouble and trying to deflect questions (like poor Michael Bates) is stuck with. 

It's just weird for Jinger to say "if the Lord blesses us with children" when you're taking the pill every morning. 

Eh, this is the Duggars and they all lie all day.  Who the hell knows. It just struck me as an odd thing to say. 

• Love 4

@Marigold, I don't know whether you ever watched Big Love (polygamists) but they're expected to breed like rabbits, too.  On the show, wife #2 (Nicki) pretended to want to get pregnant, all the while taking the Pill in secret.

Jin could be doing something similar.  Probably not, but maybe?  Nothing would surprise me with this bunch.  

I can picture Jeremy saying "you WILL avoid getting pregnant until I say it's time."  He strikes me as very controlling.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can picture Jeremy saying "you WILL avoid getting pregnant until I say it's time."  He strikes me as very controlling.  

I haven't seen anything that makes me think Jeremy is that controlling, but he could easily talk Jinger into agreeing that it is God's plan for them to wait a while. It's not like Jinger was brought up to disagree with her headship.

• Love 12

They could be using some method that isn't 99% effective and thus they'll get pregnant if God wills because in their belief system God could over ride the birth control.  That would work for BCP but they might like something not quite as definite. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I haven't seen anything that makes me think Jeremy is that controlling, but he could easily talk Jinger into agreeing that it is God's plan for them to wait a while. It's not like Jinger was brought up to disagree with her headship.

Yeah if Jeremy really doesn't want kids right now he is probably wrapping it up. Given that he was "worldly" for a while and we haven't heard of him having any children he probably knows how to use a condom effectively. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

They could be using some method that isn't 99% effective and thus they'll get pregnant if God wills because in their belief system God could over ride the birth control.  That would work for BCP but they might like something not quite as definite. 

Yeah...that's why I still vote they are relying on NFP/rhythm and have been lucky so far. If they are reasonably diligent and not super-fertile then it's pretty much entirely in God's hands, but they also have at least a fairly good chance of putting off a pregnancy util they are ready to "try".

• Love 4
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Marigold, I don't know whether you ever watched Big Love (polygamists) but they're expected to breed like rabbits, too.  On the show, wife #2 (Nicki) pretended to want to get pregnant, all the while taking the Pill in secret.

Jin could be doing something similar.  Probably not, but maybe?  Nothing would surprise me with this bunch.  

LOVE Big Love. 

Could be a situation like that too.  On camera, she says all the right things but alone with Jeremy, they have a different plan. 

• Love 3

As they should, their reproductive choices are not the Duggars' (or ours, but we snark) business. As long as Jinger is not upset over infertility, the longer they wait the better. Because Boob is so not OK with that. 

• Love 16

@SMama, I totally agree.  Even if Jer is as controlling as I think, Boob is the ultimate puppetmaster, and way worse.

Whatever Jin has now, at least she doesn't have to see and deal with Boob and Meeeechelle every day, and it's got to be better for her.  I applaud these two for at least putting distance between their parents, and the 6 month deal.  Pissing off Boob is always good.

@SMama, I totally agree.  Even if Jer is as controlling as I think, Boob is the ultimate puppetmaster, and way worse.

Whatever Jin has now, at least she doesn't have to see and deal with Boob and Meeeechelle every day, and it's got to be better for her.  I applaud these two for at least putting distance between their parents, and the 6 month deal.  Pissing off Boob is always good.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, SMama said:

As they should, their reproductive choices are not the Duggars' (or ours, but we snark) business

The Duggars  money making "dog & pony " show is about making babies.  That's how they get TLC & People Mag paychecks.  Jer seems to do little work at this church & I'm sure those paychecks come in very handy.   The Duggar family brand is about reproduction.  If Jin/Jer don't want that scrutinized,  then they should get out of Reality TV.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7

I see that the Vuolo family is growing — they just adopted two cute puppies.   Given that her older sisters conceived within months of tying the knot, I can't help but wonder how this is going over with her family.   

• Love 6

Having had issues with fertility, I adopted a pet whenever I had another disappointing stint with no positive pregnancy test and needed to mother something. Hopefully Jinger and Jeremy are being like most couples and getting pets before having kids or not even having kids.

• Love 8

I find this couple way more watchable without babies. I really enjoyed their honeymoon, I wish TLC would just send them on more trips. They laughed a lot together and seemed fun. I don't know if I've ever seen the other couples laugh together. I would bet a lot of people want to see a season where she's wearing pants and just living life without the monthly progress bump charts. They're boring sitting around the house cooking eggs on camera. We need them to do something else. 

The babies will come - they did buy a 4 bedroom house. But when Jinger said that they'd let God choose their family, it totally felt like she was just repeated the family line because that's the only acceptable answer to give on TV. 

(Every time I comment on them I'm afraid an announcement will come!)

• Love 23
11 hours ago, ariel said:

The Duggars  money making "dog & pony " show is about making babies.  That's how they get TLC & People Mag paychecks.  Jer seems to do little work at this church & I'm sure those paychecks come in very handy.   The Duggar family brand is about reproduction.  If Jin/Jer don't want that scrutinized,  then they should get out of Reality TV.

You do make a good point. 

I think we are fine to discuss JinJer pregnancy or non-pregnancy issues. Nothing gross or creepy but the Duggars have very, very openly discussed their views on family size and birth control.  It is the focus of their show. 

Jinger is an adult married woman and she can step away from Counting On any time she wants.  

It rubs me the wrong way, actually, when JinJer looks uncomfortable and dodge the pregnancy talk.  This a DUGGAR show.  They do realize that, right?  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Marigold said:

You do make a good point. 

I think we are fine to discuss JinJer pregnancy or non-pregnancy issues. Nothing gross or creepy but the Duggars have very, very openly discussed their views on family size and birth control.  It is the focus of their show. 

Jinger is an adult married woman and she can step away from Counting On any time she wants.  

It rubs me the wrong way, actually, when JinJer looks uncomfortable and dodge the pregnancy talk.  This a DUGGAR show.  They do realize that, right?  

Well, Jinger had no choice in being born to a family who makes having babies a business.  She didn't elect to have her womb a constant topic of discussion.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Well, Jinger had no choice in being born to a family who makes having babies a business.  She didn't elect to have her womb a constant topic of discussion.

Oh yeah but she chooses to be on the show now.  She could stop filming but that would mean a loss of income for her. I understand why she continues to film.  But then don't look shocked when people are talking about pregnancy. 

Again, nothing gross or creepy (I see that on FB and that is not OK) but discussing if Jinger looks pregnant or if they are using birth control?  I see that as acceptable due to the theme of the show. 

• Love 7

It is completely possible she just says it to keep her parents happy

or possibly she is having a hard time conceiving, i mean for some people it is super easy, but for many it is not ( can you tell I'm having problems LOL!) you hear your whole life about how easy it is to get pregnant but really it can take year for healthy couples, even longer if you have some sort of hormonal issue/ect. 

Either way, the longer sans baby the better iMO, but I do hope it their choice to not be pregnant right now

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

It is completely possible she just says it to keep her parents happy

or possibly she is having a hard time conceiving, i mean for some people it is super easy, but for many it is not ( can you tell I'm having problems LOL!) you hear your whole life about how easy it is to get pregnant but really it can take year for healthy couples, even longer if you have some sort of hormonal issue/ect. 

Either way, the longer sans baby the better iMO, but I do hope it their choice to not be pregnant right now

That's what pinged my radar.  The "if the Lord decides to bless us with children" comment. The "if" is what got me. 

Jinger OR Jeremy could being having issues. Couples with fertility issues might not want to disclose info so they lead you to believe that they aren't trying but in fact, they are really really trying.  Jessa was the only sister who said "I told them not to ask that".  Maybe she has some information?  Or maybe nothing at all but some TLC drama. 

Or they might be using birth control and saying the usual stuff to keep Jim Bob quiet. 

I hope JinJer are well and doing whatever they want to do. 

@yogi2014L, I hope good things happen for you soon. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

That's what pinged my radar.  The "if the Lord decides to bless us with children" comment. The "if" is what got me. 

Jinger OR Jeremy could being having issues. Couples with fertility issues might not want to disclose info so they lead you to believe that they aren't trying but in fact, they are really really trying.  Jessa was the only sister who said "I told them not to ask that".  Maybe she has some information?  Or maybe nothing at all but some TLC drama. 

Or they might be using birth control and saying the usual stuff to keep Jim Bob quiet. 

I hope JinJer are well and doing whatever they want to do. 

@yogi2014L, I hope good things happen for you soon. 

:-* thank you !! <3

• Love 4
16 hours ago, ariel said:

It could be the Jeremey is thinking strategically. Sure, reproduction has been the Duggars' schtick, but that's been getting old for years. Being the Duggar that sort of gets out, that wears pants and forbids family to visit for 6 months, that waits long enough to have kids that birth control is the most reasonable assumption people will make? There's money to be made there. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Oh yeah but she chooses to be on the show now.  She could stop filming but that would mean a loss of income for her. I understand why she continues to film.  But then don't look shocked when people are talking about pregnancy. 

Again, nothing gross or creepy (I see that on FB and that is not OK) but discussing if Jinger looks pregnant or if they are using birth control?  I see that as acceptable due to the theme of the show. 

Maybe she will eventually.  She's what, 24?  In real person non stunted years, that's like 14.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Maybe she will eventually.  She's what, 24?  In real person non stunted years, that's like 14.

I think she would like to leave or at least distance herself from the show more but the $$$ is a sweet deal. And I don't blame her one bit. She has a good opportunity to make money and why not take?  They bought a house! She has some nicer clothing now. Seems they travel a bit and visit some interesting places.  

Smart financial decision to stay with the show. 

On the other hand, i think Jeremy enjoys the cameras! 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, queenanne said:

Jin could get off the TLC/People teat now & have privacy.  I think Jin/Jer like the checks more than privacy.  I think we should respect that they like the checks more than privacy & snark on.

• Love 11
On 8/3/2017 at 7:08 AM, EmeraldGirl said:

I find this couple way more watchable without babies. I really enjoyed their honeymoon, I wish TLC would just send them on more trips. They laughed a lot together and seemed fun. I don't know if I've ever seen the other couples laugh together. I would bet a lot of people want to see a season where she's wearing pants and just living life without the monthly progress bump charts. They're boring sitting around the house cooking eggs on camera. We need them to do something else. 

The babies will come - they did buy a 4 bedroom house. But when Jinger said that they'd let God choose their family, it totally felt like she was just repeated the family line because that's the only acceptable answer to give on TV. 

(Every time I comment on them I'm afraid an announcement will come!)

Or maybe they believe God is choosing their family, just not in the way the Duggars usually mean it. I live in an area with a lot of evangelical churches, and I haven't heard of any that forbid the families in their congregation from using birth control. My cousin, who attends one of these churches, explained that their pastor preaches that birth control is a tool given to man by God for his use and it is up to each family to decide whether they are comfortable using it. It really seems to be only Duggar-level zealots who completely prohibit birth control. I could see Jeremy, who seems a bit less conservative than most of the Duggar entourage, and Jinger, who has always seemed to have an independent streak the other girls lack, deciding that waiting a few years for kids isn't inconsistent with their beliefs. 

I actually like what I have seen of this couple compared to the Jill/Jesse/Joyanna pairings. They actually seem to like and respect each other. They go places and have fun. Jinger has more freedom to express herself (wearing pants and heels!) and doesn't seem to have morphed into a babymaking automaton. Plus, they got the hell out of Arkansas. Laredo, Texas may not appeal to a lot of us, but it must feel like heaven compared to Duggarville. I mean, it makes me sad to be thinking in 2017 that a woman is "lucky" to marry a man who lets her wear pants and take the pill, but compared to her sisters she seems very lucky indeed. 

• Love 21