Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just got to see the video of the sisters asking Jinger if she's pregnant. From the article,  "It is very possible that Jinger could be expecting,” explains Joy-Anna, who also inquires about the possibility of her being pregnant during the sisters’ video chat: “Have you taken a test?”  I can't take it !!!!! Go away, lttle girl.

I would love it if Joy went online to watch it and got the "I Love Dick " commercial like I did!!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

I'm over 35 and told my OB that I only wanted to do non-invasive testing, so she offered it up to me.

From what I understand (through pregnancy message boards), its gaining popularity and more women are opting to do it these days. 

But from what I understand these DNA based tests are a little more accurate than the NT?  Neither are diagnostic tests, you would need to do an AMNIO for that, but that carries a miscarriage risk so I opted against it.

Yes, the blood work is far more accurate than an NT.  It is also far more expensive.  That's why the NT is used as a screening test, to pick out women who are not otherwise at high risk and offering them the blood work if the NT is abnormal.  Sooner or later, I expect every pregnant woman in the US to be offered the blood testing.

Amnio or chorionic villus sampling are the most accurate, but there is a risk of miscarriage with them, too, which is why many women, especially those who wouldn't abort a baby with Down Syndrome, decline to have it.  By doing the NT and blood work first, many high risk women can be almost certain that their baby doesn't have a chromosomal defect; making it unnecessary to do the riskier testing.

The combination of the blood test and the NT ultrasound is about 99% accurate with essentially no risk of pregnancy loss while an amnio is 99+% accurate but, even in the most experienced hands, has a risk of miscarriage of about 1:400 associated with it.  Using the two non invasive tests, we can decrease the number of women who are referred for amnio or CVS by about 90% which ultimately saves money and pregnancies.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They still have the Valentine's decorating up. And those brown patterned valances are so 80‘s. Fugly as hell. MMV, of course.

Oh God - I thought those were still the Christmas decorations!

• Love 6

Might be. We just saw a tiny tree and some lame artwork on a shelf around the holidays. 

At least this confirms that they are still in Jeremy's apartment and haven't upgraded...yet. A good sign that she's not knocked up yet, or if she is, she's as far along as Sierra and wisely not announcing. If she announces a pregnancy, it will be during the course of the next season.

The string lights are fairly common apartment dwelling decorations for people their age if the many apartments in the building across from mine are any indication. I live on the 8th floor of a 12 floor building and can see the living rooms/bedrooms of a hunk of apartments in the builidng across from mine. Lots of string lights on the balconies and I can see them tacked up on walls in living rooms in a bunch too. My old neighbors across the hall had them strung up in their living room, along with giant wall hangings of pot leaves/Bob Marley tacked to all the walls and ceiling (why yes, they were HUGE pot heads, why do you ask? They were quiet and really good neighbors until I began to smell what I was pretty certain was meth not long before they moved. ) I'm 40, so pretty far past the string light phase of life, but they are certainly right up Jinger's alley. The valances really look like they belong in a hotel. I wonder if they were there when Jeremy rented the apartment.

• Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Why do people think Jeremy is attractive. After seeing that video...all I see is average, at best. I've only seen a few minutes of footage of him, though.

Face is less crooked than Derick's and slightly less dim than Bin's, and unlike all the actual Duggars he doesn't look like Jim Bob? 

That's all I got. 

ETA: Okay, I have one more. I would bet that his attitude of arrogance, which I believe extends to his looks, makes him come across as  better looking than he is. I think we tend to read someone's high opinion of himself as looks-enhancing a lot of the time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Why do people think Jeremy is attractive. After seeing that video...all I see is average, at best. I've only seen a few minutes of footage of him, though.

It's weird. Jeremy is really attractive from certain angles and not so much from others. I think he's attractive but maybe just doesn't photograph well.

• Love 4

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I find Steve Buscemi attractive and he looks like he's been hit by a shovel to the face. Given the Duggar looks and the other fundy husbands I've seen, Jeremy is damn attractive.

• Love 16

So they've been married 6 months with no pregnancy announcement? That's got to be some kind of record for fundies. Obviously they're not on TV right now so we don't know if it is an Anna or Erin Bates type of situation where they were tearfully taking tests month after month for the [gasp] 4 long months that it took (for Anna). Here's hoping they're not trying and are even doing some kind of rudimentary NFP so that they can enjoy their first 6 months-1 yr of marriage without pregnancy symptoms etc. They have been fairly "quiet" and removed from the Duggar world. Even their IG doesn't show them running back to the TTH every month, and wasn't there some kind of edict up front re no visitors for the first 6 (12?) months? Hopefully Jeremy is using that time to raise his wife the way that her parents should have but didn't. You know -- little things -- like it's not ok to directly ask people in front of a half dozen others if they're pregnant yet bc you are basically asking about a married couple's sex life.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It's weird. Jeremy is really attractive from certain angles and not so much from others. I think he's attractive but maybe just doesn't photograph well.

He reminds me of that Seinfeld episode. Hilarious stuff. 

26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmm, Jinger's hair looks professionally done there. Smooth and straightened. Wonder if she recently attended an event or something.

It's also up. I think Jeremy seems to like it that way. She just posted an IG with her, Mechelle, and Diana. Her hair is so stringy. I don't think Jeremy would be opposed to a cut like the Bates girls got, just below the shoulders. If she wants it long and straight, she's going to have to take better care of it. 

I'm just surprised that her video didn't just say, "I love them." LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly.  I think he looks a lot better in motion in videos than in still photographs.  Some of the posed ones just aren't good.

• Love 3

There's a poster at the Pickles site saying that Jinger's pregnant.  She says she is a friend of Michelle's and they talk all the time.  Of course, take this with a huge grain of salt as I doubt any of Michelle's friends would be posting Duggar secrets.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

1 hour ago, wait.what said:

Seinfeld: "two-faced"!!!

Hama-mama!

Edited by Portia
  • Love 2

Proverbs 31 women work. Diana, sure. Mechelle, before children, Jinger....until the TLC money runs out and she can sit on her ass having babies like Jessa, who just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time. 

• Love 4
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎10 at 0:22 PM, Lunera said:

I actually like his preppy look. He does look like a try hard but are least he looks clean and put together unlike Derrick's homeless look and Bin's teenage boy outfits.

If all three wore the same brand t-shirt, jeans and shoes: Jeremy would look clean and put together, Derelict would look homeless and Bin would look like a teenage boy.

• Love 20
(edited)
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yes. In some photos he looks like he has a weak chin and his face looks kind of rabbit-y. In others he's okay, although in none of them does he strike me as especially handsome. He's probably fairly attractive IRL but not photogenic.

8 hours ago, sometimesy said:

If all three wore the same brand t-shirt, jeans and shoes: Jeremy would look clean and put together, Derelict would look homeless and Bin would look like a teenage boy.

Well, Derelict pretty much is homeless - he's shacked up in either an SOS ministries house in Danger America, or one of his father-in-law's houses in Arkansas. And Bin was a teenage boy not all that long ago. Heh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, zenme said:

See, and I don't get the "Jinger is cute" thing either. 

I sometimes find her cute in comparison to how she used to look...for all of her childhood and adolescence, she was very much The Ugly Duggar, even in comparison to Jill. She's grown into her looks a lot.

14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Face is less crooked than Derick's and slightly less dim than Bin's, and unlike all the actual Duggars he doesn't look like Jim Bob? 

That's all I got. 

ETA: Okay, I have one more. I would bet that his attitude of arrogance, which I believe extends to his looks, makes him come across as  better looking than he is. I think we tend to read someone's high opinion of himself as looks-enhancing a lot of the time. 

Only in men. Women who think/know they're attractive are an entirely different matter.

• Love 3

Jeremy's body doesn't hurt. I think he's athletically hot, and his face is cute enough. He looked great at his wedding. 

I think what makes them both more attractive to me is that they seem to laugh a lot. And not in that phony Michelle/Jessa way. They were seriously having a ball on their honeymoon, and it was just refreshing to see. 

• Love 18
17 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I find Steve Buscemi attractive and he looks like he's been hit by a shovel to the face. Given the Duggar looks and the other fundy husbands I've seen, Jeremy is damn attractive.

Ok I am still laughing. Hit with a shovel, heh.

I kinda hated myself during Sopranos cuz I thought Tony was kinda sexy. Oy.

I also think Jeremy isn't model handsome but he is attractive, very masculine and a great body. I think he's the ONLY guy in the whole Duggar universe who is even slightly sexy. The rest of them are Boobs. OR really effiminate. Or dumb. Or both.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

I also think Jeremy isn't model handsome but he is attractive, very masculine and a great body. I think he's the ONLY guy in the whole Duggar universe who is even slightly sexy. The rest of them are Boobs. OR really effiminate. Or dumb. Or both.

I always thought that Ben came across as kind of effeminate.  Maybe, because of the way he talks and his mannerisms.  I know Jessa thinks he's hot, but then she never dated anyone else.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Steve "Shovelinjury" Buscemi is quite attractive.

My view of Jer -- and his shoes -- is definitely affected by how much I loathe what I consider the dumbass arrogance of 'his" church website. Right up there with Jill's clueless "missionary" postings, if you ask me. Utterly lacking in awareness that anybody else matters or, really, even exists. I actually despise Jer's web creation more, though, because Jill is obviously a childish brainwashed idiot, while Jer seems smart and educated enough to know a little better.

That website is ME ME ME ME ME ME ME. Oh, and ME. .... Which is not only wrong for a pastor, in my opinion, but stupid for somebody who's got a tiny little planted church that he obviously needs to have grow. So it annoys me on two grounds.-- its lack of virtue and its lack of even practical self-interest. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be annoyed by his shoes, whose trendiness I expect he figures is a good substitute for acting like a pastor who, you know, is interested in his congregation instead of his own flapping gums. In general, I often like trendy shoes. And if it weren't for the website I could probably see past his ego to appreciate the fact that, yeah, he's considerably better looking that Der, Bin or any of the Duggar boys. As it is, though, I think he's a stupid, arrogant pissant. And I never find those attractive, no matter what. :  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
(edited)

Did someone mention shoes? Although he seems more proud that his sock game is on point. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
I have glasses. I really need to wear them when typing on my phone.
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's also up. I think Jeremy seems to like it that way. She just posted an IG with her, Mechelle, and Diana. Her hair is so stringy. I don't think Jeremy would be opposed to a cut like the Bates girls got, just below the shoulders. If she wants it long and straight, she's going to have to take better care of it. 

I'm just surprised that her video didn't just say, "I love them." LOL

anyone notice how thin even her neck is in this photo?  

Jing has two hair styles going on in this pic - her left side screams bedhead Michelle and the right looks pretty damn good. And I'm realizing that I spend more time looking at Duggar daughter hair than I do my own.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Mollie said:

I always thought that Ben came across as kind of effeminate.  Maybe, because of the way he talks and his mannerisms.  I know Jessa thinks he's hot, but then she never dated anyone else.

To me, he's just a dumb dude-bro. With a twist of Jesus. No thanks.

And, I think he would be rubbish in the sack. Totally clueless.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 12

I think personality has so much to do with a person's attractiveness. I get the Steve Buscemi thing. He seems intelligent, witty, and funny. Attractive!

Jeremy is "aight," but then he opens his mouth and sounds exactly like Kip Dynamite.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did someone mention shoes? Although he seems more proud that his sock game is on point. 

What on earth is on those socks? The fires of hell?

Maybe he's doing the fundy version of Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, who was proudly sporting Star Wars-themed socks on May the 4th.

1 hour ago, zenme said:

Jeremy is "aight," but then he opens his mouth and sounds exactly like Kip Dynamite.

You're just jealous 'cause he's been talking to hot babes online all day.

• Love 12
(edited)

So, I had to see a new eye doctor today and he had a medical student/intern? I'm not really sure, but seriously, he could have passed for Jeremy's slightly smaller brother. Looked just like him and dressed like him too. I didn't get a look at the socks, but the slim fit pants, tailored shirt, shoes, the slight bit a facial scruff. I almost asked him if anyone had told him he looked like Jeremy, but I really didn't want him to think I was insane or have to try to explain who Jeremy was.

I think the sock pic is from the wedding when he gave all his groomsmen different socks. Poor John David seemed like he was going to burst into flames having to not wear plain black ones. I personally like the mens sock trend, it's a bit of fun and quirk.

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Ok I am still laughing. Hit with a shovel, heh.

I kinda hated myself during Sopranos cuz I thought Tony was kinda sexy. Oy.

Oh, my sister in shame lust, sit by me. I had it really bad for Tony Soprano. Shame! Shame! 

Younger guys wear the stupid skinny pants and enormous elf shoes like Jer.  Drives me nuts at work. I'm at a huge corporation and it makes me twitch to see these wet behind the ears boys (ok, under 32) all yupped up. DS is 14 and a huge soccer guy. Plays on a travel club team, has a crew of Scottish/Irish/Brit coaches and trainers. They all do the skinny pant/huge pointy shoe thing when required to dress up.  I can overlook it as long as they talk in their beautiful accents. 

(Dirty old lady moves grudgingly toward prayer closet, clutching summer shandy).

• Love 9

I had a bad dream that Jinger was pregnant. This is why I shouldn't watch handmaid's tale before bed.

12 hours ago, Catfin said:

Younger guys wear the stupid skinny pants and enormous elf shoes like Jer.  Drives me nuts at work.

I'm with you.

So unattractive. It's a style I can't wait to move on....

• Love 3
On 5/15/2017 at 7:31 PM, zenme said:

I think personality has so much to do with a person's attractiveness. I get the Steve Buscemi thing. He seems intelligent, witty, and funny. Attractive!

Does that make Jinger LaFawnduh?

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/14/2017 at 7:38 PM, cereality said:

So they've been married 6 months with no pregnancy announcement? That's got to be some kind of record for fundies. Obviously they're not on TV right now so we don't know if it is an Anna or Erin Bates type of situation where they were tearfully taking tests month after month for the [gasp] 4 long months that it took (for Anna). Here's hoping they're not trying and are even doing some kind of rudimentary NFP so that they can enjoy their first 6 months-1 yr of marriage without pregnancy symptoms etc. They have been fairly "quiet" and removed from the Duggar world. Even their IG doesn't show them running back to the TTH every month, and wasn't there some kind of edict up front re no visitors for the first 6 (12?) months? Hopefully Jeremy is using that time to raise his wife the way that her parents should have but didn't. You know -- little things -- like it's not ok to directly ask people in front of a half dozen others if they're pregnant yet bc you are basically asking about a married couple's sex life.

Michaela Bates has been married for over a year and still no baby. I can see Michael losing her mind if she doesn't get pregnant in another year. As for Jinger I think she can live without for a year or two. After always being surrounded by babies 24/7 I would think she is enjoying the peace and quiet.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 7
On 5/15/2017 at 3:05 PM, Churchhoney said:

That website is ME ME ME ME ME ME ME. Oh, and ME. .... Which is not only wrong for a pastor, in my opinion, but stupid for somebody who's got a tiny little planted church that he obviously needs to have grow. So it annoys me on two grounds.-- its lack of virtue and its lack of even practical self-interest. 

This, so very very much, and I extend this attitude to the Dullards as well. Not only tone-deaf, but their focus on themselves suggests to me that their compassion is dependent on how well they can personally relate to the person/experience/situation. That's how they frame every thing, "how does this affect me? could it happen to me? can I co-opt this situation to make it about me and how godly I am?" They are very self-centered and self-important. 

Sadly, as a graduate of divinity school and therefore classmate to a bunch of future ministers, I can confirm that this attitude among ministers is more frequent than you might expect. 

• Love 14
On 18.5.2017 at 3:52 AM, Fuzzysox said:

Michaela Bates has been married for over a year and still no baby. I can see Michael losing her mind if she doesn't get pregnant in another year. As for Jinger I think she can live without for a year or two. After always being surrounded by babies 24/7 I would think she is enjoying the peace and quiet.

Agree on Michaela - there is something unsettling about her.

Happy for Jinger if she's not pregnant yet. Hope it'll be quite a while

• Love 3