Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Losing at Love

• Start Topic

Whitney bombs a job interview when she tries to get back into radio; and she wants Lennie to move in.  But a game night with Heather and Bobby foreshadow a disastrous reality for her.

Nasty girl.

Did you catch her mouthing "BITCH" to her mother on the sofa about I guess mom spilling the beans about Lenny? Who does that?  Who calls her mom a bitch to her face like that?

And I LOVE that she is asked at the interview if she's a morning person and that she'd need to be at work at 5:00 am.  I would KILL for a job in radio.  I'd get up WHENEVER THEY NEEDED ME!!

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Lesia said:

Nasty girl.

Did you catch her mouthing "BITCH" to her mother on the sofa about I guess mom spilling the beans about Lenny? Who does that?  Who calls her mom a bitch to her face like that?

And I LOVE that she is asked at the interview if she's a morning person and that she'd need to be at work at 5:00 am.  I would KILL for a job in radio.  I'd get up WHENEVER THEY NEEDED ME!!

Had that been my daughter, I'd have looked at her and said, "Yes, Whitney, you stay here and talk to your daddy.  I'll go get some boxes so you can pack up the rest of your stuff and get it out of our house.  Oh, and there will be no more financial support coming from us, either.  Love ya.  Bye."

• Love 22

I want Whitney to win, I really do. I know the struggle to lose weight - I lost 100lbs and it took a long time. However, Whitney whines a lot, she has excuses for everything, she's a jerk to her parents, and she just seems lazy. She's been hospitalized, she's been outright told she could die if she doesn't change her lifestyle, her family/friends hosted a fake funeral to show her that this is serious...and she still doesn't get it. I'm not sure how Lennie deals with her because he's so quiet - does he want her to lose weight? Does he care?

I was proud of her for completely the stair challenge, but she couldn't even do that without complaining. Like, dude. You are in your 30s and you fear that you can't even walk up 6 flights of stairs. What kind of wake up call do you need before you make the changes needed?

• Love 14

I think part of the problem lies in what her trainer said about her - she's crafty and still make all kinds of excuses to get out of exercising.  The same with the stairs.  She had no real physical reason  that she couldn't do the steps other than she didn't want to.  But when she completed them, she completely surprised herself and did well.

• Love 8

The trainer is awesome - and last week's show was the last we'll probably ever see of him -- after his brutally honest talking heads and that stair challenge. Whitney can't handle the truth stairs.

• Love 9

The only possible justification I can think of for Twitney calling Babs the b-word is that they have a very strange relationship and Whitney treats her like a BFF.  She called Babs a b like certain young women might playfully call their friend a b.  Not that I am condoning this; I found it very offputting.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, QueBueno said:

The only possible justification I can think of for Twitney calling Babs the b-word is that they have a very strange relationship and Whitney treats her like a BFF.  She called Babs a b like certain young women might playfully call their friend a b.  Not that I am condoning this; I found it very offputting.

I still get a guilty thrill when I even say a curse word in front of my parents!  

I can't imagine actually CALLING one of them a bad name!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Noirprncess said:

"I avoid stairs as much as possible."

Yes, Whitney, we know.

Did she gain all of the weight she lost back?. I haven't been following the show in a while.

What weight loss?

I don't mean that rudely, I'm serious.

I don't think she ever lost any on the show, that was all pre-show and she certainly looks to have gained an entire person just since last season.

Btw, exact same comment I made about the stairs, GMTA!

Also, Lenny, ugh. I don't at all go for that overboard Lumbersexual look, gross.

And he's just weird!

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, QueBueno said:

Wait until you see it. TLC has been showing a trailer of the lovely moment repeatedly. Whitney and her parents are sitting in her parents' living room. Her father, looking upset, says something to the effect of "I heard you're going to ask Lennie to move in with you." Whitney stares at him, appearing both shocked and embarrassed, then turns to her mother (who is looking a bit shifty-eyed) and mouths "You bitch!" at her mother. There doesn't seem to be anything playful at all in the interaction: Whitney is straight-up pissed.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Are her parents sponsoring this apartment she's in? I missed how she was paying for an apartment with a one hour a week "job".

She and Buddy are renting a house together.  In light of the fact that she has no real discernable steady income, the likely conclusion is that either she has a contract with TLC and therefore she knows she has money coming in, or TLC is outright paying the rent on it.  We'll probably never know, and I don't feel it's especially relevant.  It's common knowledge that TLC will pay for their popular "stars" to take vacations, trips, and living accomodations (ie, the Roloff's major home remodel, and the Duggar's huge metal frame home was completed on TLC's dime).

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

She and Buddy are renting a house together.  In light of the fact that she has no real discernable steady income, the likely conclusion is that either she has a contract with TLC and therefore she knows she has money coming in, or TLC is outright paying the rent on it.  We'll probably never know, and I don't feel it's especially relevant.  It's common knowledge that TLC will pay for their popular "stars" to take vacations, trips, and living accomodations (ie, the Roloff's major home remodel, and the Duggar's huge metal frame home was completed on TLC's dime).

I thought the Duggar's built that themselves, using child labor of course.

I wonder if TLC has Twit on their health insurance plan?  She's way too old to be on daddy's plan and she doesn't have a real job otherwise.  I think who's paying what is relevant...my theory is that the only thing that is "fabulous" in her life are the things that this show gives her...ski vacations, a nice car, a custom bicycle, wardrobe, visits to cardiologists, etc etc

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I wonder if TLC has Twit on their health insurance plan?  She's way too old to be on daddy's plan and she doesn't have a real job otherwise.  I think who's paying what is relevant...my theory is that the only thing that is "fabulous" in her life are the things that this show gives her...ski vacations, a nice car, a custom bicycle, wardrobe, visits to cardiologists, etc etc

TLC  brought in contractors to finish the Duggers' house since it wasn't going to be finished anytime this century if they kept using child labor. (I hate that I know that.)

I doubt that TLC considers Whitney and employee and provides health insurance. My guess is that she signed up for an individual health insurance plan on the ACA marketplace and her parents pay for it.

Edited by PityFree
Fix spelling error
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

The Duggars were unable to finish the job, for whatever reason. TLC stepped in and took care of getting it done.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, lallalla said:

Also, Lenny, ugh. I don't at all go for that overboard Lumbersexual look, gross.

And he's just weird!

LOL     Lumbersexual !

Did we ever establish or find out if Lennie is one of those guys who are attracted to extremely obese women? TLC did feature a couple on another weight show where the man was angry because his wife was losing weight.

• Love 3
Spoiler

Haha, that was funny.   Yeah they probably shouldn't be living together, and really probably together because who knows what his end game is and as much as a witch that Whitney is, she doesn't deserve to be with someone who doesn't really seem to like her, let alone love her.

• Love 3

Thoughts on this episode:

• When she complains that Lenny isn't helping her get into his truck, what exactly does she think he can do?? He can't lift her.   
  • And Katie (the girl from the dance class) should tell her to F off. Whitney is a giant bitch.
  • Her cleavage during the job interview is ridiculous and unprofessional.
  • She put her filthy sneakers right onto her parents' couch. Rude!
  • Ashley must have stopped kissing Whitney's a$$ to get demoted out of the BF role.
  • Love 14

Why is this 32 year old woman consulting with her parents for permission to move in with her boyfriend? I mean, I agree with them 100% with their concerns about Lenny, but she's old enough to make her own mistakes. 

Surprise! She got the internahip at the radio station. I can't wait to see how long a daily early morning commute from Greensboro to Charlotte lasts. By the way, whatever happened to her job with the baseball team?

• Love 4
(edited)

Bicycling can be a great form of exercise, but I really felt for Whitney during that scene. I'm about 1/2 her size, and let me tell you, when I get ready to go on a bike ride I have my comfort seat, TWO seat cushions and I wear a thick pad to protect my vulva. Yes I said it. Often when you're heavy bike riding hurts your vulva, all of that pressure on a tiny very sensitive area. That combined with her stomach knocking against her knees....

I'm back on a weightloss journey myself, so I thought I'd check out the show. (I've never watched before) I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments. I think Whitney's boyfriend is cute, in a burly Brawny Man kinda way. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6

Why is she even still teaching the dance class?    Better yet, why are people still in her dance class?     

I'm surprised that she even got a call back from the radio station, I wouldn't have called her back, she bombed that interview.  Perhaps she was only called back because of the TV show, she'd have to wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning to make it to work on time.   

I wanted her dad to tell her to get her shoes off their nice couch.   

Does she have any respect for anyone close to her?    Man, her attitude sucks, I would not be her friend.

• Love 13

With her trainer told her to get more movement into her daily life, he did not mean to suddenly go on a giant bike ride. He meant doing things like take a flight of stairs once in a while.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Katydid said:

Why is this 32 year old woman consulting with her parents for permission to move in with her boyfriend? I mean, I agree with them 100% with their concerns about Lenny, but she's old enough to make her own mistakes. 

Surprise! She got the internahip at the radio station. I can't wait to see how long a daily early morning commute from Greensboro to Charlotte lasts. By the way, whatever happened to her job with the baseball team?

Supposedly the Greensboro Grasshoppers are off season during the filming which is why she only has the one "job" teaching the Big Girls Dance Class which is ONLY operational from all indications that I can tell during the filming of the show. So the "internships" and most likely the baseball job are all really storylines. Her REAL job is being a reality star.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Bicycling can be a great form of exercise, but I really felt for Whitney during that scene. I'm about 1/2 her size, and let me tell you, when I get ready to go on a bike ride I have my comfort seat, TWO seat cushions and I wear a thick pad to protect my vulva. Yes I said it. Often when you're heavy bike riding hurts your vulva, all of that pressure on a tiny very sensitive area. That combined with her stomach knocking against her knees....

I'm back on a weightloss journey myself, so I thought I'd check out the show. (I've never watched before) I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments. I think Whitney's boyfriend is cute, in a burly Brawny Man kinda way. 

It doesn't hurt my vulva but I actually got fitted for a bike seat which is NOT cushioned - I have been told that the more cushioned your seat is the more funky things can put pressure on your soft bits. What does get sore is my actual seat bones even with bike shorts. I never ride long enough to get more "calloused" as I typically do other types of workouts and not just biking. I am in the high 230s and I don't have a big of a gut as Whitney but lord I feel like an elephant cycling so I can't imagine how tough it feels for her

9 minutes ago, EE2000 said:

Why is she even still teaching the dance class?    Better yet, why are people still in her dance class?     

I'm surprised that she even got a call back from the radio station, I wouldn't have called her back, she bombed that interview.  Perhaps she was only called back because of the TV show, she'd have to wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning to make it to work on time.   

I wanted her dad to tell her to get her shoes off their nice couch.   

Does she have any respect for anyone close to her?    Man, her attitude sucks, I would not be her friend.

I think this is the difference between "reality" tv and reality. The radio station had to know that they were going to hire her because honestly I don't know any employer of mine who would willingly be on any tv show. The dance class is solely a story line - it is not "real" and from everything I have researched it is just done when there is filming so those students are paying around $5.00 a class and being filmed. I think that is the "draw"

• Love 9

32 years old.

Interning.

Yeah Whitney, you're a real grown-up.

Loser.

Although I can totally see the radio show "hiring" her for free.   I get the impression this is a yuk-it-up morning-zoo type yap-fest.  She'll spend most of her time answering the phones and fetching coffee, and occasionally be involved in "bits", for many of which she will probably be the butt of the joke.  

• Love 11

So Twit is on FB trying to backpedal on calling the girl who took over her class a bitch. She's saying it was editing and she never mentioned her by name.

She seemed to sit more during the dance class tonight than before.  Same with previews for next week. Maybe she's on restriction from the doctor, but it comes across lazy when she didn't do a whole lot of dancing before anyway.

I would never have called my mom a bitch in any context. And she looked upset, not joking.

• Love 9

Why are Whitney's parents so deadset against her moving in with Lennie? I mean we the audience can see they're probably not gonna last much longer with that newlyweds-esque game he failed and how upset she got.

I also want to know why and how she got that internship (sidenote: lmao at a 32-year old getting an internship) when she literally didn't answer a single question right.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, PityFree said:

If I had ever called my mom the b word, I would be posting this from the great beyond. 

Shoot my mother has been dead 5 years  and if I called her the b word she would find a way to come back slap me into next week.

• Love 22

I just have to say....Lenny's beard frightens me......

The "whole" Lenny frightens me, he seems like a creepy dude.  What with the comments he made to Whitney's trainer (he didn't feel that he wanted to tell her what she should be eating, that wouldn't help their relationship) and from what I've seen from tonight's episode and the disastrous "game" they played and his lack of knowledge of Whitney's basic likes, I'm not impressed.   I'm not impressed by Whitney either - from what I've seen so far, she comes across as an immature, self-centered person, who is not very likeable, which I suppose makes her a perfect candidate for a TLC reality show. 

I only started watching MBFFL a few months ago - not sure how I got sucked in, but it's sort of like a car accident, you don't want to look, but you can't look away.

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

I think this is the difference between "reality" tv and reality. The radio station had to know that they were going to hire her because honestly I don't know any employer of mine who would willingly be on any tv show. The dance class is solely a story line - it is not "real" and from everything I have researched it is just done when there is filming so those students are paying around $5.00 a class and being filmed. I think that is the "draw"

ITA, I'm beginning to suspect almost everything with this show as being fake and manufactured, including her relationship with Lennie, the dance class, her "jobs", her "public appearances", etc.  TLC probably gets her so-called "employers" to participate for free publicity.

The dance class is real, only it was never Whitney's.  It was always her friend Todd's, only it wasn't for "big girls" until the show.  He probably just lets the show use his time and space for filming and the show makes it look like Whitney is the owner of the class.

It is so obvious that Lennie doesn't give a crap and our suspicions that he is being paid to play a role are probably correct.  It's no wonder Babs doesn't like him.  She doesn't have to like him because he isn't real.  Glenn and her play along with it because it creates a story line for the show.  Talking about how Lennie doesn't have a job - well, his job is being paid to be an actor, but they can't admit that.

• Love 11
(edited)
57 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

I just have to say....Lenny's beard frightens me.  I stare at it and wonder what's inside it, dead or alive. 

The grossest thing Whitney has ever said was that she wanted to "smell his beard"!  :)

47 minutes ago, PupCal said:

Why are Whitney's parents so deadset against her moving in with Lennie? I mean we the audience can see they're probably not gonna last much longer with that newlyweds-esque game he failed and how upset she got.

I also want to know why and how she got that internship (sidenote: lmao at a 32-year old getting an internship) when she literally didn't answer a single question right.

As for the internship - obviously the show.  Don't forget that she sat in that interview with her own camera crew filming her!

If Lennie is a real boyfriend and not just an actor paid to give her this storyline, then I guess he's never around their family, because they don't even seem to know him.  If he's a real boyfriend and they're coming up on a one year anniversary, then for a girl who spends as much time with her family as Whit does, they should know him a lot better.  If he's one of those types that just refuses to attend family events, it's no wonder they don't like him.  But I'm more on the side of he's a paid actor and they're all telling us a story.

IMO the trainer was telling her to actually work out every day.  For a girl whose job takes up one hour a week, she could probably find the time to work out for one hour every day.  Just sayin.  I felt bad for her on the bike ride, but of course she could have gone out on the bike a few times beforehand with her friends, tried out the route, tried to build some endurance, etc.  I enjoyed her triumph over difficulty, but then she ruins it with "I'm not doing that again any time soon."  It seems like everything she does that is positive is a one-and-done for her show, rather than something to build upon or set goals from.  She could have made a deal with Buddy or the girlfriend (was Lennie there?  Can't remember already LOL) to practice ride a few days a week so that she could join them next month and keep up the whole time, or something like that.  I find her attitude frustrating for me, the viewer :(

Edited by princelina
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

The dance class is real, only it was never Whitney's.  It was always her friend Todd's, only it wasn't for "big girls" until the show.  He probably just lets the show use his time and space for filming and the show makes it look like Whitney is the owner of the class.

Thanks for that info - I guess that answers my question about what exactly that dude's job was - I knew it had to be more than just "Whitney's dance partner"!  :)

• Love 6

Thanks to lumbersexual Lenny for explaining how he's afraid of Whiney and she trained him to be her enabler.  He's an artist?  Really?  As in chainsaw sculptor maybe?  He's totally passive though.  He looks like he breathes, eats and shits and nothing else happens in his brain.

Sending Katie in the back and making her turn around to have her nose on the door was outrageously petty and if she were my employee I'd fire her on the spot.  Punishing students in what is supposed to be a fun elective activity for your health, because your ego got a little bruised?  Twitney is a huge narcissist and she is insufferable.  Full disclosure, that's why I hate-watch.

I did enjoy how the interview highlighted her total lack of culture and fit for that kind of job.  Clearly they are using her for free as an intern for some publicity and will dump her ass as soon as the internship is over.

That pig is stupid.  Get a cat instead. 

I hated when Whiney lied to her dad and said that mom was "all for it" regarding moving Lenny in.  Manipulative liar.  Was anyone surprised that the game night broke down when Lenny failed to have noticed what her favorite high-calorie foods were?  She was really offended he didn't know she liked pasta better than pizza, how could he? But him not knowing what else she likes on the pizza other than fat sausages took the cake.  She cheated, and the manipulative bitch framed it to make it like it was Buddy's fault.  She never takes responsibility for her loathsome behavior.  She doesn't know the difference between "competitive" and "poor sport."

Those 6" wide balloon bicycle tires must take a lot of force to advance, but 2.3 miles?  That's totally trivial.  I'm not even in shape and I can do that in 12 minutes.

Previews: she's a smoker and has a CPAP machine to sleep?  Something's gonna give.

• Love 13

Whitney has become such a vile bitch! Her braying laugh really grinds my gears. What exactly is so "fabulous" about her life? The first season of this crap fest, she kept prattling on about how she wanted to prove it was possible to be "fit and fat"... now we hear her piss and moan about changing her diet. She is so delusional.                                                                                                                                    I feel like such a witch, but I laughed so hard  at Whitney struggling to pull her massive ass up into Lennie's truck.  I had less trouble climbing up into my husband's souped up Jeep Wrangler  while I was 9 months pregnant.                                                                                                                                                       Buddy is the reason I tolerate this show. He looked adorkable on his bike.                                                                                                                                         

• Love 7
(edited)

Lenny is her perfect mate when you think about it, she must be the center of attention at all times and he has no brain and is a non-entity, therefore isn't a threat of being a spotlight hog.  That's if she ever forgives him not noticing she likes macaroni more than pizza.

I don't think I'll be making egg noodles with tuna and mayo anytime soon.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 11
(edited)

It is so obvious that Lennie doesn't give a crap and our suspicions that he is being paid to play a role are probably correct.  It's no wonder Babs doesn't like him.  She doesn't have to like him because he isn't real. 

That would explain why Babs didn't know his last name.  Sorry, Babs is a much sharper stick than that - she'd know Lennie's last name probably before Whitney would, if he was a "real" vs. reality boyfriend. 

The grossest thing Whitney has ever said was that she wanted to "smell his beard"!  

EWWW.....she probably wanted to see if there were any remnants from previous meals buried in there (pasta, onions, peppers, sausage) How sad is that? I can remember her favorite foods are and I've only watched the show for a couple months.  More proof that Lennie is a fraud.

Edited by zoemom
Babs and Glenn made me do it
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

32 years old.

Interning.

Yeah Whitney, you're a real grown-up.

Loser.

Although I can totally see the radio show "hiring" her for free.   I get the impression this is a yuk-it-up morning-zoo type yap-fest.  She'll spend most of her time answering the phones and fetching coffee, and occasionally be involved in "bits", for many of which she will probably be the butt of the joke.  

Side note.

For my master's, I opted for a thesis, bc I want to get a PhD and then work in research in my field, so I passed up the semester internship.

I'm older than Whit, though still in my 30's, I certainly hope, had I taken the intern route vs writing a thesis, people wouldn't have thought that about me.

Still, point taken.

Self-Inadequacy acknowledge.

• Love 6

Why did she give up her original radio show job? She was in Korea for awhile, from what I remember, years ago. Did she come home to her parent's home from Korea broke and out of a job or did she work in radio in the US?

Tuna and noodles- didn't look good how she made it. The tuna casserole we grew up on had cream of mushroom soup, peas, mushrooms, noodles and tuna and it was baked with some breadcrumbs on top, no cheese. I don't know how many calories hers had, but I imagine it was a lot. If she was hungry and in a hurry, what about making something like an omelet? But I guess she was expecting to show up unannounced at her parent's house for dinner. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

A real internship is after you graduate.  But interning several years after graduating and having some experience in the field... something's not right.

I realize in this TV/Whit case it's different, but just a note, the option for final credits with my university were to either 1) write a thesis with an original pov and present it before a board for approval and then publication or 2) semester internship.  

It doesn't seem she's still in college so calling it an "internship" is being generous, at best.

To comment on the episode in general further:

Also, as others have noted, and I'll assume they're from like I am or are very familiar with that route of travel, for her to go from Greensboro to Charlotte daily would be ludicrous, no, it literally defies belief, especially given what we know about Whitney.

• Love 2