Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Losing at Love

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Those 6" wide balloon bicycle tires must take a lot of force to advance, but 2.3 miles?  That's totally trivial.  I'm not even in shape and I can do that in 12 minutes.

I know, me too!  Just how slow would she have to go?  Even the slowest rider can do 4 mph., which would make that take a half hour.  And that's really slowwwww.....Most recreational riders average around 10 mph.  More professional ones can average over 20 mph.  I think she gave away without knowing it there how fake just about everything is in this show.  If she thinks 2.3 miles is a "ride" she clearly isn't really riding for anything but the show filming.

I think the radio station is calling it an "internship" because they can't call it a real job, since it's obviously just for the show.  They're giving it to her like one of those summer jobs they give college students where they may or may not get paid.  I'm sure it's similar with the baseball team.  And the radio station being so far away is a clear sign that she couldn't possibly be going there for anything but a few show filmings at most.

zoemom, good call on why Babs probably doesn't know Lennie's last name.  ITA that she would totally know his last name and even his shoe size and what he ate for dinner last night if he were a real boyfriend, LOL!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

But of course Lennie has to bring up their sex to a complete stranger! Who does that??

I think Lennie missed his cue and delivered his line at the wrong time. Can't be cost effective to TLC to keep doing takes waiting for him to look convincing about this relationship. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Katydid said:

Why is this 32 year old woman consulting with her parents for permission to move in with her boyfriend? I mean, I agree with them 100% with their concerns about Lenny, but she's old enough to make her own mistakes. 

Surprise! She got the internahip at the radio station. I can't wait to see how long a daily early morning commute from Greensboro to Charlotte lasts. By the way, whatever happened to her job with the baseball team?

I think I heard her mention that her job with the baseball team was seasonal -- that it would resume again (supposedly) when it was baseball season.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

Whitney has become such a vile bitch! Her braying laugh really grinds my gears. What exactly is so "fabulous" about her life? The first season of this crap fest, she kept prattling on about how she wanted to prove it was possible to be "fit and fat"... now we hear her piss and moan about changing her diet. She is so delusional.                                                                                                                                    I feel like such a witch, but I laughed so hard  at Whitney struggling to pull her massive ass up into Lennie's truck.  I had less trouble climbing up into my husband's souped up Jeep Wrangler  while I was 9 months pregnant.                                                                                                                                                       Buddy is the reason I tolerate this show. He looked adorkable on his bike.                                                                                                                                         

I hate that laugh of hers.  It's so forced; so fake.  Unless she's laughing at someone else's misfortune, or making fun of "their" fat.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I think Lennie missed his cue and delivered his line at the wrong time. Can't be cost effective to TLC to keep doing takes waiting for him to look convincing about this relationship. 

I totally missed this part, because my 9 year old walked in the room, and I didn't want her to see/hear the show....can you fill me in on what was said, please?? :)

• Love 1

A few takeaways:

-She mentioned about going to the cardiologist after her "episode" that she'd been "dancing for hours."  Uh, no.  I think someone said 40 minutes.

-watching older episodes, it's evident that she has gone from someone who is potentially likeable to crude and brash.  Even the tone of her voice has changed.

-Her poor, poor dad.  The relationship with her parents is really not normal; but the fact that she is morbidly obese, not making a living and still so dependent on them in many ways creates an child/parent environment that seems like it's stuck a couple of decades behind.  But to berate and demean her parents on national TV- she should be ashamed.

• Love 12
(edited)
34 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I totally missed this part, because my 9 year old walked in the room, and I didn't want her to see/hear the show....can you fill me in on what was said, please?? :)

Whitney introduces Lennie to Will at the gym. Will asks a simple getting to know you question aND Lonnie tells Will that he and Whitney are "dancing partners between the sheets". It was a very umm....OK? Kinda moment. That joke might have flown with Whitney's friends, but with her trainer that Lennie just met? It was off and weird.

I'm convinced Lennie is the only one that showed up at the casting call.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 13

You guys are truly amazing people and I love each and every one of you. Why? Because I haven't even watched the episode yet, but I check here to see how many posts are already in the thread and I can tell how fucking appalling it's going to be. Two pages already?! Bless you all, you are doing the Lord's work!

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Whitney introduces Lennie to Will at the gym. Will asks a simple getting to know you question aND Lonnie tells Will that he and Whitney are "dancing partners between the sheets". It was a very umm....OK? Kinda moment. That joke might have flown with Whitney's friends, but with her trainer that Lennie just met? It was off and weird.

I'm convinced Lennie is the only one that showed up at the casting call.

Thank you! :)

• Love 1

I've mentioned that I'm not a Babs (Southern Belle) fan but I cannot believe that she called her a bitch.  And meant it.

No parent, especially one who wipes her daughters' enormous butt and shaves her tree-trunk-of-a-leg should be subjected to that abuse.  And make no mistake - the way Whitney treats her parents is abuse.

I have no proof but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the DanceMaster has raised her hand to one of her parents in the past.  It just wouldn't.

Also, I know Lenny is a fake boyfriend (do you say boyfriend when they're in their thirties) but his response to Will was beyond trash.  Couple that with his inability to help stuff her into his truck and I wouldn't give that slug the time of day much less have a "romantic" relationship with him.  I know he can't physically hoist her up in the truck but wouldn't a gentleman open the door for a woman? 

Nevermind.  I just answered my question.  Yes a gentleman would.  Lenny isn't in that category.

That was a decent episode. To me it felt we actually learned more things about Whitney. She is unemployed but cannot exercise everyday?  She admits she knows nothing about food  and still believes you eat until full.  

Boy is she a jealous person.  First with still going on about the dance class and punishing the student.  Then with the game she must win as she dated Lennie longer.  

The breadwinner stuff made me lol.  So an unemployed person is the breadwinner?  Sure there is some tlc money now but it won't be forever.  Whit's dad cares about Lennie moving in and being an artist because he doesn't want to support another person.

• Love 10

I admit that I wasn't watching this show very often in the past.  But I'm stuck at home while recuperating from knee replacement surgery two weeks ago, so I've been tuning in and watching a bunch of TV shows that I wouldn't usually watch, including MBFFL.

I'm beginning to think that the reason Whitney keeps calling everyone a bitch is because that's what she sees when she looks in the mirror.  I keep looking for good qualities in her that would make her a role model, but I'm just not seeing it.  I feel badly for Glen; it's beginning to be obvious that he is disappointed with her behavior.

• Love 11

I'm sure Katie (?) the improv dance teacher was paid a little extra by TLC to be humiliated that way.  Why else would she have put up with that?  

I know the bike group was cycling as a group but I felt sorry for them having to stop for each of Twit's "breakdowns."  Then to put her front & center in the group.  Once again, it was probably easier to film that way but I kept thinking of the domino effect of the riders behind her if she went down.  The leader guy was way too nice egging her along & treating her like she was 5.  But we know Twit thrives on the attention.  

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I feel badly for Glen; it's beginning to be obvious that he is disappointed with her behavior.

Unfortunately, he's a big part of the reason she is the way she is.  According to Babs he hasn't said "no" to Whitney since she was two. 

Maybe if he had she would have turned into an independent, strong, loving daughter capable of making sound decisions.   As it is now, she's a disgrace.  He truly meant it when he said he was disappointed in her. 

If my father said he was disappointed in me I would be devastated.  Her?  Nope.

Another episode, another page of Word document notes.

Will: “we wanna get you moving 6 days a week.” Whitney: “that’s gonna be tricky.” This is why you are collapsing everywhere you go, Whit. Doing high kicks: “my quads are burning already.” Do you know the difference between your quads and your hip flexors? I love how Whitney said Will doesn’t care that she is struggling during the workout. Of course not. Why should he? Lennie saying they’re dance partners in the bedroom was gross and seemed like bad theater. If one of my client’s boyfriends said that to me, I’d probably STILL have a “who farted?” look on my face.

And when Will told Lennie how he could support Whitney’s weight loss, both Lennie and Whitney looked totally HORRIFIED. These two are totally doomed. It is a classic addict/enabler dynamic. Then they leave the workout and Whitney can’t even get into the truck, and she’s joking that she needs a crane, and how has she not hit rock bottom yet? Does she really WANT to live like this?

During that class, the way Whitney was treating Katie was ridiculous. Watching Whitney waddle around with her fucking attitude was infuriating. Katie did nothing wrong. Nothing. It doesn’t matter that she didn’t call Whitney. She led the class ONE TIME, when Whitney was NOT going to be there because Whitney might FUCKING DIE or something if she dances. I just don’t understand how Whitney is still so angry about this, and the passive aggression is too much for me to watch. If you’re that mad, TELL HER DIRECTLY, you horrible, horrible human. Get it over with.

Babs said something quite telling, that Glenn hasn’t been able to say no to Whitney since she was 2 years old. That certainly explains a lot about Whitney.

This job interview…her tits are up at her damn neck. And she knows nothing about popular culture. But I bet if you asked her to sing some cereal commercial jingles she’d be great. And she was offered an internship? Will she even get paid?!

That noodles, tuna, mayo and cheese meal made me wanna puke. I can’t believe she eats like that and sees nothing wrong. Her talk with her parents was pretty nuts. I don’t think she needs their permission to move in with Lennie, but why did she bring it up with her mom if she didn’t want their opinions? She is basically a teenager who asks for her parents’ guidance but gets pissy if they disagree with her.

That Newlywed Game was awkward. Whitney was being a real bitch the whole time. Buddy’s “take your shitty relationship somewhere else” was too far, but I confess, I laughed, because I think Whitney and Lennie DO have a shitty relationship, LOL. Although Heather is WAAAY too good for Buddy, which I would have pointed out if I were Whitney, but instead she is still calling him “Boo Bear” even though she is pissed off at him. What a shitshow that was. I was shocked by how much maturity they both showed when they apologized to each other. I didn’t think either of them was capable of that. Especially when Whitney astutely pointed out in her TH that she was really mad because she and Lennie weren’t as close as she thought.

The bike ride…you know, I hate riding a bicycle. Hate it. The farthest I’ve gone on a bike is 25 miles (and I hated every second of it), and since I’ve gone 26.2 miles on foot you can tell I avoid biking. That said, 10 miles on a bike is not much. And for all the times Whitney has supposedly gone to the park and ridden a bike, she looked like it was her first damn time. How can she still be SO BAD at it? I felt bad for the other folks on the group ride, who basically had to wait around for her and listen to her dramatic hysterics and hysterical dramatics the whole fucking time. All of this SHOULD be adding up to Whitney realizing that she desperately needs to make dietary changes, but still she persists in refusing. She pats herself on the back for getting through an insanely short bike ride (2.3 miles? FUCKING SERIOUSLY?!), but what she actually needs to do is eat less.

• Love 18

Internship: I meant no offense to anyone who's had a real collegiate or post-graduate internship.  It's just that I happen to know first-hand about morning radio station "internships", as I had one in a previous lifetime when I majored in Radio-TV-Film in undergrad (a long time ago, before I realized that lawyers eat better than DJs).

The way those things work is that the are absolutely unpaid.  You are a gofer, period.  The reason people take the positions is that: 1) they hope to parlay it into a paying position; 2) it's a chance to have a brush with semi-celebrities (the local DJs) and sometimes real celebrities who may be passing through promoting something; 3) if you have personality and are by chance given some airtime, you might parlay yourself into an on-air role; and 4) you might get access to primo seats and sometimes backstage passes to concerts, etc., and that can sometimes also be a ticket to hot groupie-sex.

Point being, it's a young, inexperienced person's game.  Younger than Whitney.  

If, as I understand from elsewhere on this board, Whitney has experience producing a radio show, then she already should have references, experience, and a demo reel (or whatever they call those these days).  She would not be "interviewing" for the position of answering the phone for the "Hey, be the 101st caller on Hot 101 for tickets to the Rick Springfield "Daddy's got Alimony Payments Tour"" promotions.

This radio thing is all bullshit for purposes of having something to film for this show.

Bike: Last season Whitney getting that bike was presented as something that was custom made for someone of her size.  Then, coincidentally, yesterday on the ride home from work I saw a thin, committed-looking biker (complete with the shirt with all the ads on it and the pockets for water bottles etc.) riding on in an area of my city that abuts a large, hilly, park/forest area.  So I assume that is just a super-off-road bike that anyone could buy.  And, she can ride a bike, but not downhill?  What the fuck does that mean?

Some of the reaction shots of Buddy during that scene made him look absolutely over dealing with Whitney's bullshit.

Also, during that "apology" scene in the driveway after the blow-up after the couples game, it almost sounded like Buddy was about to say "you're not used to me talking to you the way you deserve to be talked you to entitled fucking brat".  But he caught himself and put the blame back on himself.

Lenny/Babs/Glenn: I can't even.  Fuck off Whitney.  Just fuck off.

• Love 9
(edited)

Married 32 years, doubtful either of us could name each other's "favorite" food. The thought that Lenny's fumbling of such "critical" answers to that one and the pizza topping round might call their entire relationship into question was pretty laughable.

Priorities. 

Though, yeah, after only 2.5 episodes, I'm in Camp "He's a Paid Plot Point."

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

Married 32 years, doubtful either of us could name each other's "favorite" food. The thought that Lennie's fumbling of such "critical" answers to that one and the pizza topping round might call their entire relationship into question was pretty laughable.

Priorities.

What made me laugh about the "whole what does Whitney like to shove in her maw?" debacle was her talking head afterwards when she was questioning if she was sleeping with a stranger.  Um..yeah.  You just met him at the cast party 20min before you started filming this season.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

Married 32 years, doubtful either of us could name each other's "favorite" food. The thought that Lennie's fumbling of such "critical" answers to that one and the pizza topping round might call their entire relationship into question was pretty laughable.

Priorities.

No kidding! I don't think stupid get-to-know-you things like knowing someone's "favorite food" or "favorite color" is important. I have foods I like, and colors I like, but I haven't had a "favorite" ANYTHING since I was ten years old. My husband certainly wouldn't know what to say to that question, since I wouldn't even be able to answer it. And it would be tough to identify Whitney's favorite food, because...let's be real, there's probably a lot to choose from. I thought her favorite food might be mayonnaise sandwiches.

• Love 11

Okay - third episode watched and I'm on the train that says 98% of this "reality tv show" is made up storylines.  First of all, who would EVER allow cameras and cameramen in on a real interview?  This whole storyline is done just so that Twit can have zany times on the radio, and give more exposure to the radio station with those whacky morning DJs!  Be sure to listen in and hear about the hilarious hijinks that Twit is getting up to!

Lenny storyline is just as everyone else has sussed out - fake, fake, fake.  Lenny - thou talkest too much regarding thy bedroom dancing show to yon trainer.  He dost not care to hear that.  It maketh me feel as if thou is putting that out there to cover up the fact that nothing is going on between the sheets.

And yes, if Twit feels as if she wants Lenny to move into a house that she paid for, then just do it.  Don't run it by one of your parents for approval.  And don't expect that parent to keep a secret from the other parent for no good reason.  And just remember - you have a reality tv show now, so you can be the breadwinner, but the tv show won't be around forever.  Who's going to pay the bills after the show is toast?  Lenny and his artwork?  Your unpaid internship at the radio station?  Your 1 dance class a week?  That shoddy junk you're selling online and that's taking up space in your dad's garage?  Good luck.

Glad to see Twit's been getting some good use out of that custom bike she got last season.  Oh wait... guess not.  Guess she's been too busy with her jobs and fabulous life to learn to ride the darn thing.

That tuna casserole looked disgusting.  I dislike mayo anyways, but that seemed like it would have no flavor - bland noodles, bland mayo, probably bland mild "cheese" and tuna.  Oh yum.  Fat and carbs and a little protein.

• Love 3

The tuna casserole was not only gross, but high in fat.   And the way she was sitting there mindlessly eating it when she's supposed to be "making positive changes in her diet" was really telling.  She's an addict, pure and simple.  

• Love 9

You've all pretty much hit on everything!  I think in the "I can't get in Lennie's truck" scene, she was saying it would have been much easier for her if he had a little step stool there for her.

All that screeching as she was riding the bike....screaming and yelling out her frustration...how embarrassing.  She should have just channeled that energy into peddling.

Can't believe she called her mom a B.  How is that ok? 

She actually looked hurt when her dad said he was disappointed in her.  Good.  He's not the only one, Whit.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

Lenny storyline is just as everyone else has sussed out - fake, fake, fake.  Lenny - thou talkest too much regarding thy bedroom dancing show to yon trainer.  He dost not care to hear that.  It maketh me feel as if thou is putting that out there to cover up the fact that nothing is going on between the sheets.

Ocean Chick, I love you.

I'm done with Whitney after what she did to the woman who led her dance class. Making her stand in the back and face the door? "Don't mess with me, bitch?"

I'll hate-watch so I can come here and enjoy the snark, but that's all.

• Love 9

So I checked and Greensboro to Charlotte is about 90 miles. She's really going to commute 180 miles round trip every day to arrive at a 5 am job? Something isn't adding up there.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Whitney and Buddy should be roommates anymore. With both of them in relationships, it's just creating a weird dynamic. this isn't college, they're all in their 30's now. 

By the way, I've followed Whitney on Facebook and from what she has posted, it appears that her relationship with Lennie is real. Through a mention on her page, I saw a link to his and he advertises his artwork and talks about Whitney on his page as well. Something about how Whitney went to South Africa for filming of her show. So as weird as it may be, I guess Lennie is really her boyfriend. 

• Love 4
Just now, okerry said:

Me, too.  Twit posed a question regarding hate watching on her fb page.  She feigned being baffled as to why haters would watch.  Along the lines of :  Didn't hate-watchers realize that, by watching, they  were increasing ratings, and increasing the likelihood of a season 4?  I replied that we are very aware of that, and that I look forward to a fourth season, for more snark.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, okerry said:

I'm done with Whitney after what she did to the woman who led her dance class. Making her stand in the back and face the door? "Don't mess with me, bitch?"

I have to laugh, because Whit posted that we didn't see that the dance started facing the back wall, so it was a good thing for Caitie to be in the back, since the class would be watching her.  She also posted that she doesn't care if anyone hate watches, since it pushes her ratings up.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

She also posted that she doesn't care if anyone hate watches, since it pushes her ratings up.

Something's mighty wrong with that girl.  She has no pride or self-awareness.  How does she function?

Do you suppose she reads this forum? 

And Lenny?  I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.  He looks like he smells.  Badly.

14 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

I have to laugh, because Whit posted that we didn't see that the dance started facing the back wall, so it was a good thing for Caitie to be in the back, since the class would be watching her.  She also posted that she doesn't care if anyone hate watches, since it pushes her ratings up.

I call major bullshit on the last point. If Whitney doesn't care if people hate-watch, that means she doesn't care what people think. If she doesn't care what people think, then nothing she does makes any sense whatsoever. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I really don't want to offend anybody here so please please don't take it wrong, but since Lennie and Whitney like to bring it up, I genuinely want to know if it's even possible to have sex with someone that big. I would think that she'd have to be pretty limber for him to be able to get past the cushion, if you will. 

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I really don't want to offend anybody here so please please don't take it wrong, but since Lennie and Whitney like to bring it up, I genuinely want to know if it's even possible to have sex with someone that big. I would think that she'd have to be pretty limber for him to be able to get past the cushion, if you will. 

I think it would be very difficult, logistically.  There would be so much flesh between them, in the way.  I thought of that when Whitney was exploring her options, via fertility, last season.  Her weight decreases ovulation, and her size limits, umm, conventional methods of conception.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

I think it would be very difficult, logistically.  

And I think it's safe to assume that Lenny is not a Mensa member.  Hell, not even sure he could spell it.

5 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

And I think it's safe to assume that Lenny is not a Mensa member.  Hell, not even sure he could spell it.

He wouldn't have to be smart, but, physics and geometry would require that a certain "member" would have to be, ummm, extraordinarily, let's say unusual.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

He wouldn't have to be smart, but, physics and geometry would require that a certain "member" would have to be, ummm, extraordinarily, let's say unusual.

Since Whitney is always making sure we all know she has sex, I think its ok to ask if this is where the crane (she brought up) comes in handy?

• Love 8

Whit definitely has medical problems or frequent instances of injuries (and definitely has the propensity for more injuries) due to her weight.  Ankles, back, hips, and knees were never intended to carry 378 lbs.  We have heard abt or seen her back hurting, riding a scooter in the St. Patrick's Day parade cuz of a foot injury, sleep apnea so she wears a machine,  fainting after 40 minutes of dancing, not being able to lift her own weight up into the truck, not wearing a seat belt in her dad's car, etc.  Nope, her life ain't fabulous. 

Diabetes may not develop. Both my maternal grandparents had it,  but so far no one else in the family,  even though there are a couple of us overweight smong 11 cousins. 

Women have heart issues more often. Eating mayo, pasta, and cheese?  Her clogged arteries are dying. 

Plus her chances of injuries are increased given her weight making her unsteady on her feet or the bike, although she probably drives everywhere. 

Whit is just another train wreck on TLC. No body shame, doesn't mean I have to respect her lazy lifestyle, her bullying personality, immaturity,  or meanness to her parents.  

• Love 7

"Dad, Lenny and I are in love.."

tell us whitney, what do you love about Lenny?  Is it the way he looks at you that makes your insides quiver?  Is it how hard he works to ensure a future for the two of you?  Would he defend you to the haters? Does he make you want to be a better person?  Does he want more for you than you want for yourself?  Does he make you laugh until you can't breathe?  Do your lips fit together perfectly, like they were meant to be?  Huh?  Is that it?

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, mamapajama said:

Ocean Chick, I love you.

Oh my.  Does this mean I don't Lose At Love?  :)

I love all y'all.  So much snark - it's like fatty gravy to my soul.

As to the whole sex talk, I'm thinking there's not much of what Bill Clinton would term "sex" going on in that bed.  Hand sex?  Oral sex?  Mebbe.  But good-old intercourse?  Baby makin' sex?  Nope.  Which is why Twit can tell her mom she's not on birth control - no need at this point.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CarolMK said:

By the way, I've followed Whitney on Facebook and from what she has posted, it appears that her relationship with Lennie is real. Through a mention on her page, I saw a link to his and he advertises his artwork and talks about Whitney on his page as well. Something about how Whitney went to South Africa for filming of her show. So as weird as it may be, I guess Lennie is really her boyfriend. 

Certainly she claims it's real, but there's a total absence of chemistry between them on screen. And any mention of Whitney on his Facebook page (there aren't a whole lot) eh, it's more likely window dressing, imo. Certainly nothing he says is particularly romantic; his page is mostly about promoting his art and his art classes, with an occasional mention of Whitney's show and encouraging people to tune in. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, taragel said:

It would be very interesting to read an interview with one of the producers of this show. I think in season one they really bought into Whitney's cover story of being marvelously happy and not ashamed of her body. There were sad realities of her size but they were juxtaposed against far happier exepriences. And now in season 3 (?) we're down to getting tearful confessionals where she admits she feels like she doesn't deserve to eat three times a day (which further screws up her eating patterns). That's some heavy, heavy stuff. Every single episode this season she's experienced something scary and humiliating and insulting and it looks like that's going to continue in future episodes from the previews.

I feel very sad for Whitney. It's achingly apparent that this girl needs some real therapy and has a lot of shame and guilt and probably deep depression that she's trying to mask with a persona who simply embraces a lack of boundaries in all kinds of ways. I admit I can be kind of prudish about some things, but I don't think watching someone having trouble shaving their own legs on national TV or needing someone to rub cramps out of their butt is fun stuff you can feel good about (for the viewers or for Whitney herself, no matter how much she insists she doesn't care/isn't ashamed). 

I came into this with a lot of sympathy for her, and I still have a lot of sympathy for her--(I've weighed as much as she does now in the past)--though it erodes every time she's crude or mean to her parents or drowning herself in excuses. Mostly I just see a very scared girl who is trying desperately to pretend she's normal --there's a lot of magical thinking going on here. I absolutely believe there are overweight and maybe obese people out there who can be free of health issues and fantastically confident and feel good about themselves and do everything they want to do. I don't know that that's possible/true at her size and given what we see her struggle with. Her quality of life is not good even if she technically has no serious/chronic medical problems (currently). It's too bad, because I was actually hoping that this would actually be a show where fatness was simply another feature like blue eyes or dark hair. But the reality is, it really can't be when it hampers her daily life to such extremes. 

I watch as a cautionary tale, as a "there but for the grace of God I go". I hope she gets real help (not dramatic tv-staged interventions) so she can TRULY be happy and not just pretend to be happy. 

ITA with your whole post. I bolded the part about there being obese people free of health issues and feeling good about themselves, and I really think Whitney could have been one of those people if she had maintained the weight that she was at when they showed the flashbacks of her working out with Will a few years ago. She's at almost 380 now, and says she weighted 150 lbs less at that time so was around 230 then. (I believe Will also said that.) She was working out hard in those scenes and I'd bet she was in pretty good shape and able to do anything she wanted. Obviously, she still had issues since she has slid into being where she is now which is secretly miserable and so limited in what she can do. It really is quite sad.

• Love 8

Of course, I wonder about most all of the skits on this show.  So much is obviously staged, but I do sense that the game they played was accurate. Lenny may not be that into her, but she's not that into him either, judging on that game.  lol  I wonder if he will be lively enough to hold her interest.  He sure is laid back.

I can't imagine that drive from Greensboro to Charlotte daily! OMG.  Maybe, it's just for a couple of days per week.  It's just not feasible to do that for long.  I anticipate that he will eventually need the help of her student whom she is not pleased with and the student will save the day.  They are kind of obvious.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Since Whitney is always making sure we all know she has sex, I think its ok to ask if this is where the crane (she brought up) comes in handy?

Speaking of such things....I've seen (online) a device that larger women can use to facilitate sex.  It's like a chair type thing that you would place over the man, and the woman would sit (with knees bent at her sides) on top of it to...um...position herself. 

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Speaking of such things....I've seen (online) a device that larger women can use to facilitate sex.  It's like a chair type thing that you would place over the man, and the woman would sit (with knees bent at her sides) on top of it to...um...position herself. 

I don't know you, but I really dislike you.  My brain is burnt from the immediate visual of Whitney using said chair.  I'm thinking you should make it up to me with some tuna, pasta and mayo.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I don't know you, but I really dislike you.  My brain is burnt from the immediate visual of Whitney using said chair.  I'm thinking you should make it up to me with some tuna, pasta and mayo.

Ditto.     Local,  I sentence you to 6 months of having to hang out with Whitney.  No early parole.

• Love 5

I believe the trainer said that Whitney was 328 when she was first working out with him 2 1/2 years ago (is this also the same time her "A Fat Girl Dancing" video went viral on YouTube?) and she is now at 378. At some point in time, Whitney mentioned she had lost 100 lbs. But she also stated she gained 100 lbs when she started college and she blamed this on PCOS. Yet in last night's episode she also briefly mentioned bingeing and purging. I really think whatever eating disorder she developed (most likely binge eating disorder , possibly also bulimia) is what caused the tremendous weight gain, not the PCOS. The show isn't really addressing any of these issues. At Whitney's age, I think she could seriously be in trouble if she doesn't find a way to get this under control. I remember when Ruby started her TV show back in 2008, she was around 500 lbs and hadn't been able to drive a car in 6-7 years due to her size and had to go take the written and road test to get her expired license back again. And Ruby was much taller than Whitney, but when she lost the initial 100 lbs, it did really show. Whitney could get herself up to the 600 pound mark in the next 3 years and end up losing all of her mobility at that point and her only option will be to find a surgeon like Dr. Now in Texas to perform weight loss surgery on her (it's my understanding it's tough to be approved for WLS once you reach the 450-500 lb mark). Does she really want to be living back at her parent's house stuck in bed and having them bathe her and bring her food? There is nothing fabulous about a life like that, despite what she preaches about No Body Shame and size acceptance.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

I believe the trainer said that Whitney was 328 when she was first working out with him 2 1/2 years ago (is this also the same time her "A Fat Girl Dancing" video went viral on YouTube?) and she is now at 378. At some point in time, Whitney mentioned she had lost 100 lbs. But she also stated she gained 100 lbs when she started college and she blamed this on PCOS. Yet in last night's episode she also briefly mentioned bingeing and purging. I really think whatever eating disorder she developed (most likely binge eating disorder , possibly also bulimia) is what caused the tremendous weight gain, not the PCOS. The show isn't really addressing any of these issues. At Whitney's age, I think she could seriously be in trouble if she doesn't find a way to get this under control. I remember when Ruby started her TV show back in 2008, she was around 500 lbs and hadn't been able to drive a car in 6-7 years due to her size and had to go take the written and road test to get her expired license back again. And Ruby was much taller than Whitney, but when she lost the initial 100 lbs, it did really show. Whitney could get herself up to the 600 pound mark in the next 3 years and end up losing all of her mobility at that point and her only option will be to find a surgeon like Dr. Now in Texas to perform weight loss surgery on her (it's my understanding it's tough to be approved for WLS once you reach the 450-500 lb mark). Does she really want to be living back at her parent's house stuck in bed and having them bathe her and bring her food? There is nothing fabulous about a life like that, despite what she preaches about No Body Shame and size acceptance.

I don't think Whitney would have a hard time making this transition.  Would TLC still be filming her?  Would it be a crossover with 600 pound Life? Whitney seems to love all eyes on her at any cost.  Having Babs wipe her ass on camera, or being filmed with all of her naked rolls coming out of the shower? I don't think it would phase her at all as long as she could still be the star of the drama.  Then we could be treated to more lies about how she tried with all of her might to lose weight.  TLC could show flashbacks of her hours long dance a thon or of her wobbling on her bike doing a whopping 2.3 mile bike ride.

MBFFL is just the prequel folks.  I can admit a big part of me would love for Dr Now to get his claws in her.  I love him when he gets fed up with his patients bullshit.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

I feel like she has already lost 90% of her mobility. If you can't walk for more than 30 minutes, shave your legs, get in and out of a car, I would render you mostly immobile. There are people with legitimate disabilities who get around much easier than she does. I think she is already in trouble. 

I think if there is any hope for her, she needs counselling and WLS NOW before she is bed bound....I would totally watch her do all the WLS stuff too, to me that would be more interesting than hercurrent  trainwreck

• Love 6