Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Home

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Roose's death (being stabbed in the stomach) was a nice bookend to the way he finished off Robb Stark (by stabbing him in the stomach.)

Agreed. I loved the irony of Roose being betrayed and stabbed, just like he did to Robb...plus in his last moments, he had to suffer knowing Ramsay would shortly be killing the newest Bolton.

But...not sure how much Walder Frey values his daughters but I am hoping that he will not take kindly to the suspicious death of Fat Walda.

And the new Lord Karstark can suck it. His father died because he disobeyed a direct order from his sworn overlord, and slaughtered 2 unarmed adolescents.

And...where the heck is Littlefinger?!

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

I too wanna know why Davos wanted to resurrect Jon.  The actor playing the former can sell anything (even Stannis-worship) and is one of the few likable characters, so not even a lil explanation?   I am pleased the show has checked in with all major characters/plots. There are so many that I forget them all. I could do without the new iron guy. Don't have any more energy to invest and I don't want to follow Theon etc. though his sister is tough and potentially bad-ass. I'm just not invested in that part of the world.

However,  I suddenly realized we haven't seen all characters. Where are Littlefinger and Bron? And what about that other dude Gendry? It's been a while.  I thought he was going to be important somehow.  I guess I can accept that Sam & fam. are off the show for now gathering dragon glass or something.

Odd that they didn't show the death of Stannis when they show other extremely graphic stuff. He was kinda important.  The hounds scene was outrageous and too drawn out. I just keep telling myself, "It's Game of Thrones". I agree that the resurrection took too long as well. I almost got bored during it and the mind started to wander.

It's funny that Kings Landing, and all its political intrigue,  used to be the centre of the show and now it's kind of dull. I know Lena is good at scowling and smirking, but I get tired of it.  Jamie was a wuss, but I'll let it slide 'cos his dead daughter was there and I like seeing old dude be menacing, but it a totally different way from Tywin.

It was nice seeing Sansa smile. It was also good to see a conversation between two women, though I did want to see Podrick talk to her too.   Where is gramma Marjery?  I miss her.  I wanna see her do a verbal take-down of the Sparrow. Thank God for Varys/Tyrion exchanges to lighten it up. I really missed Varys last series. The two play so well off each other.  Tyrion even has chemistry with CGI dragons.

I actually thought Jon was dead, 'cos they killed off Ned and Shireen (etc.etc.) no problem. I must admit I was ultimately pleased at Jon's  (lacklustre) resurrection 'cos I like his storylines with the Wildlings.

Not a fan of that kind of the rise-from-the-dead storyline (on Buffy either), but let it slide in the fantasy genre.  Characters who are dead should stay dead. If Jon 'comes back wrong', well I won't have the patience for that.  I don't want to doubt it when other important characters are killed off (as I'm sure they will be).

RIP Roose's voice. I must admit I had totally forgotten his role in the Red Wedding. I think I used to know, but it was so long ago.

Did I miss something or were there no breasts this episode - not even breastfeeding of that hungry baby?

• Love 3

For all of the supposed joy of Jon Snow's reanimation, I have a suspicion that it will wind up being a case of "Be careful what you wish for." It really did surprise me that the reanimation sequence was so sedate, given the way Melisandre's magic has operated in the past. I would have expected at least that she would drop the robe.

For me the scene that moved me most and stayed with me long after was Tyrion freeing the dragons. J.R.R. Tolkien talked about something called the "eucatastrophe" in an essay "On Fairy Stories", meaning something the opposite of a catastrophe, and Tyrion's scene was so much that for me (especially since GoT is generally a deluge of catastrophes large and small - and protracted, as that ghastly Walda/baby scene). Tyrion's scene elated me for several reasons: 1) Tyrion's habit of studying books was majorly validated; 2) Tyrion fulfilled a childhood dream; 3) it made the dragons happy - well, what passes for happy for a dragon. Tyrion's line to Varys afterwards was just icing on the cake. 

Brienne is not only acting as Sansa's protector, she's relinking her to her family, even if they're not present. For so long Sansa has been a cog in someone else's machinery, and now she's learning to start her own up.

GoT's game is still strong on production values - that swaying bridge scene and the King's Landing views.

I still always love the opening credits and actually watch them every time, rather than just using them as an excuse to get a drink. 

• Love 7
(edited)

{small voice} Anyone else think Sir Davo is kinda...hot?

Hellz YES (in a very loud voice)!   Much more than pretty Jon Snow.  How many ovaries have been blown away watching Davo's scenes with Shireen? Strong, loyal, sensitive, brave, and HOOOOOTTTTT.

Edited by Arnella
  • Love 9
(edited)
12 hours ago, NYGirl said:

As soon as Ramsey moved close to Roose I knew he was going to kill him.  I had to close my eyes for the Walda and the baby scene.

As soon as Roose made Ramsey his legitimate heir I knew he was gonna kill him. 

The actor who plays Ramsey has the crazy eyes down pat. As for whether he is the worst in Westeros? Ehh. I think if you come from a family whose sigil is a flayed man, being a murderous sadist psychopath isn't exactly shocking. I still hated Joffrey more. Something about him ignited every hate molecule in my body. Spoiled rotten, entitled, delusional, cowardly, ridiculous and coddled by everyone, especially his mother and worst of all the future King. Besides the Mad King, his death was the best thing to happen to Westeros.  His death was glorious. I only wished he had suffered for hours. 

No idea what was happening and why on that swinging Bridge in Pyke. 

I do wish we got to see more of how the North looks upon the Boltons and Freys for what they did re: the Red Wedding. 

Bran is huge. 

Max Von Sydow!  Hate to say this but I didn't even know he was still alive. 

A defeated, humbled, crow eating Melissandre is so much more tolerable.

I guess the only way to cut Jon's luscious naturally curly hair was over his cold dead body. LOL! Speaking of which, Jon just laying there would have been the perfect opportunity for some male frontal nudity! Free the Peen!!

Love Ghost sleeping and coming awake seconds before Jon came back from the dead. 

Is is too much to hope that on their way to the Wall, Brienne and crew run into Arya's direwolf, Nymeria?

May the gods bless Tyrion. He may only by 3'9" but he has the heart, bravery and balls of Wun Wun. Those dragons are scary as hell. I loved that I finally got the answer as to why the dragons got small and died off. One info dump that was needed and a long time in coming. Also, interesting is that they are also super smart and remember their friends and enemies. I want some dragon friends! The 2nd dragon turning his neck to give Tyrion access to his change as if to say "Now do me next" was pretty funny to me.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 9
(edited)
14 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

The actor who plays Ramsey has the crazy eyes down pat. As for whether he is the worst in Westeros? Ehh. I think if you come from a family whose sigil is a flayed man, being a murderous sadist psychopath isn't exactly shocking. I still hated Joffrey more. Something about him ignited every hate molecule in my body. Spoiled rotten, entitled, delusional, cowardly, ridiculous and coddled by everyone, especially his mother and worst of all the future King. Besides the Mad King, his death was the best thing to happen to Westeros.  His death was glorious. I only wished he had suffered for hours. 

I'm still laughing at this because I couldn't stand Joffrey and his life seemed to go on and on.  I hated Joffrey more because he was privileged and  spoiled rotten by his mother; Ramsey needs someone to beat the shit out of him, and then feed him to his dogs...well, maybe not, the poor dogs would probably become ill. 

What freaks me out is that the actor who plays Ramsey looks just like a younger Andy Serkis to me.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

John's resurrection was strangely easy wasn't it? The Red Woman just cut some of his hair and said a spell over him a few times. No crazy potion, no wild transformation or anything like that. 

• Love 3

Between Melisandre's apparent years of experience (possibly having lived through the last "Winter") and her authentic depression upon realizing her visions have been wrong, I think I have to forgive her for her Shireen sacrifice.  I keep trying to imagine believing 1000% that the sacrifice of one girl will guarantee a victory for your religion's chosen king who is the only one who can stop the WW's, especially if I'd seen firsthand what the Night can do to an entire civilization as Old Nan had described to Bran- dark and full of terrors, indeed.  Burning someone alive is the worst as far as I'm concerned but in Melisandre's faith, "Death by fire is the purest death."

I just can't believe that a woman who I hated so much last season is suddenly becoming my favorite character in the show. 

• Love 1

I swear that the writers closely monitor the reactions to each episode and write according to what those reactions are. It appears that it doesn't matter who dies or by what means they find their ultimate fate, if fans are disgruntled by their death, the writers will simply contrive some fantastical way for them to be resurrected even if it's as unbelievable as the resurrection of Jon Snow. All Melisandre had to do was cut off some of Jon's hair and burn it while she repeated the words she heard a guy say once and  hocus-pocus, Jon lives again.

Okay, so Jon lives once more but will he be the same Jon Snow that we knew?  Will he be the sensitive, kind, romantic, lovable Jon or will he be some kind of cold, nasty bastard that we will regret having wished him alive again? No one in Game of Thrones has been resurrected from the dead without losing some integral part of who they once were. Khal Drago was brought back to life and he wasn't the same afterwards. Speaking of that hunk Khal, there's rumors that he will also be returning. I hope he brings their baby with him, maybe that kid will be big enough by now to pick up a sword or ride a dragon.

And how about that Cersei? Are we going to be seeing a gentler, kinder, more benevolent Queen mum? I suppose it's possible that since she walked through the town naked with dirty feet that she earned absolution for being such a horrible woman and killing lots of people, but I'm not convinced yet. I think the High Septon and his sparrows have some kind of bad shit that's going to befall them.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, izabella said:

Tyrion and Varys left that door open, so if the dragons can squeeze through the doorway, they are free.  Otherwise?  I don't see what Tyrion's plan is there.

So everyone is just going to accept an undead Jon Snow?  I'd think everyone would be freaked out by the sight of him.

I don't think they be freaked out, a lot of them already saw dead come back to life, Jon got LC for killing a wight, he may as in the promo be looked on as a God and we know from Cersei how Gods are with mercy.

8 hours ago, Colored Francie said:

Bran says that is is his father and his uncle Benjen. 

---

I have been waiting a long time for Roose Bolton to die an awful death because of what he did to the Starks...and then it happens and it's not satisfying at all. Gah. This gives me no hope for Ramsay's eventual comeuppance. He'll probably just get shanked by the Karstark.

Well isn't that part of the thing about vengeance, it's never satisfying in the long run, justice on the other hand may not be quite as satisfying but you can rest a little easier.

Lets hope the Starks lean more for justice while we get the satisfaction of knowing most of their enemies are already dying as they are re-emerging.

• Love 2

I don't think they be freaked out, a lot of them already saw dead come back to life

That's why I would expect them to be totally freaked out that he's alive - nothing good comes of dead people coming back to life.  Not in their experience, anyway.  Only bad things happen when dead people come back to life.  Resurrected by White Walker or resurrected by Red Witch...why are they supposed to think Red Witch Resurrection is a good thing?

I don't know, I guess I'm annoyed with this show at this point.  I'm annoyed with Jon being resurrected.  I'm also annoyed that we've now been introduced to Balon's brother...um, where has he been and why am I supposed to care about him or the Iron Islands?  Of all the loose threads on this show, the Iron Islands mean absolutely nothing to me.  And the fact that Yunkai and Astapor reverted back to being slavers just tells me what a huge waste of time Dany's "journey" has been so far, except that there are dragons. So much screen time wasted on wandering around with little or nothing to show for it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Gotta love Ramsey "Feed them to the Dogs" Bolton.  He kind of reminds me of Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange.

Jon's resurrection was telegraphed so badly, even when it looked like it didn't work the camera just stayed on him as they left the room and it was like, okay, you can "shock" me now by having him gasp as his eyes fly open.

If one of those dragons had swallowed Tyrion up in one gulp it might have almost been worth losing the beloved character for that one hilarious moment.

Hey Bran's back, glad he didn't get root rot.

The one thing I'm liking about this season is that it is shaping up to be the year of the Starks.  It's about damn time.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, GrailKing said:

I would have liked to see the prayer or words that Mel spoke, and to me it was funny, they sacrificed the one thing Jon Snow cared about the most; his HAIR!

That's how spells work in OUaT universe.  The more powerful ones demand the sacrifice of things you love the most :D

How come Mel's incantation more complicated than Thoros' ?  IIRC Thoros only laid hand and prayed over Beric.  It definitely did not involve hair cutting.  I am going to fanwank that long spell was the reason it took a few minutes for Jon to wake up :D

I thought daredevil Arya would need more training than that :P 

• Love 1

I have to chime in on the Joffrey v. Ramsey hate.  For me, Ramsey is too much of a cartoon villain.  I think all of us have known a Joffrey...spoiled, entitled, bratty.  Fortunately, most of us have never met a Ramsey.  Although, I have to admit I cheered when it looked like Roose killed Ramsey.  I'm disappointed it went the other  way.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

I think the actor playing Ramsey has tremendous range.  His characters on Misfits and Vicious are completely different from each other and from Ramsey, and he plays each one really well.  My ability to disconnect the actor from the character of Ramsey probably stems from my seeing him as Simon on Misfits first.  I wonder what I would think of him if I'd seen him as Ramsey first.

Arya's story is working for me.  She's very strong, stubborn, impulsive and has been using her desire for vengeance as a survival crutch.  It makes sense to me that it would take a lot of training for her to become a disciplined assassin. 

Tyrion as the Dragon Whisperer was such a fantastic scene.

I can't wait to see what the long term consequences of Jon's resurrection will be.   Will he be different now? 

I apologize. I was very foolish to post those opinions without first checking to see if he had ever played any other roles and if so, what kind of characters they were.

I thank you for being so kind to me. On other forums, many people would have ripped me to shreds for having done that. That was very kind of you. Thank you again. I still think that he is one of the finest actors ever to portray evil psycho killers. The last one I can remember was Malcolm McDowell in Clockwork Orange and Iwan Rheon is so much more powerful in this role.

• Love 6
(edited)

JON SNOW LIVES!!  After Prince's tragic death, I needed all the good news I could get and Jon's resurrection is some of the best news yet. It may have been predictable, but I'm so happy that I don't even care.

As for Ramsey, after what he did to Walda & his newborn baby brother, as far as I'm concerned, his death should not only be as slow & painful as possible, hopefully dragons will be involved. The sooner Ramsey's rotting in Hell with his daddy & Joffrey, the better.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, knaankos said:

John's resurrection was strangely easy wasn't it? The Red Woman just cut some of his hair and said a spell over him a few times. No crazy potion, no wild transformation or anything like that. 

It was easy and it was also one of the most powerful moments I've ever seen on TV. My heart was racing. My blood was pounding. (Oh wait. Maybe it was the othe way around?) In any case, did they really need to string us along for two epis and then just leave us hanging at the end? Oh well, I guess if anyone ever wants to know what a cliff-hanger means, we can point them to that scene. Also, I can't be the first person to suggest this, but if there is any entry in a dictionary for "cliff-hanger", it should provide a link to that scene. More powerful than anything from Gone With the Wind. So well done. Other show runners need to take note. They can generate big ratings without needing to spend a whole lot of money on special effects or anything else. The story is so important. The story is just about everything. Isn't it?

But I'm feeling so unhappy. The episodes just fly by so quickly. They seem to be over before they really get going. And there are so many story lines that it's very difficult to get wound up into any of them before it's time to switch. I sure do wish these episodes would last for two hours. I know. I know. The realities are such that it's impossible to do that. But, there is just not enough show. The season is over before it hardly even gets started and every episode is over before it hardly gets started as well. I know that there is nothing to be done about this. But it is just so painful that we just don't get enough show.

If there was a special channel that just broadcast Game of Thrones 24 hours a day, wouldn't people just watch this show until they died from lack of sleep? I know it's impossible and can never happen. I'm just trying to express my trauma at getting so little show and desperately wanting more and more.

Edited by AliShibaz
  • Love 3
(edited)

Eh, Jon's resurrection didn't have me on the edge of my seat at all.  The way they kept the body just conveniently laying around and looking remarkably fresh for two whole episodes - I mean, really, has a dead body ever stayed around this long on a tv show?  Even on Six Feet Under which had bodies in every episode, they were gone by the end of the hour lol.  All I kept thinking was, when are they going to raise this guy already?

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Eh, Jon's resurrection didn't have me on the edge of my seat at all.  The way they kept the body just conveniently laying around and looking remarkably fresh for two whole episodes - I mean, really, has a dead body ever stayed around this long on a tv show?  Even on Six Feet Under which had bodies in every episode, they were gone by the end of the hour lol.  All I kept thinking was, when are they going to raise this guy already?

Agreed. The last 2-3 minutes of the episode I kept thinking "just bring Jon back already"

1 hour ago, izabella said:

That's why I would expect them to be totally freaked out that he's alive - nothing good comes of dead people coming back to life.  Not in their experience, anyway.  Only bad things happen when dead people come back to life.  Resurrected by White Walker or resurrected by Red Witch...why are they supposed to think Red Witch Resurrection is a good thing?

Beric said he lost part of himself every time he was resurrected.  My only consolation is the showrunner would pick one of the best quality of Jon to erase and show it when least expected

12 hours ago, SimoneS said:

One thing I wasn't clear on; Tyrion unchained the dragons, but they are still locked up. Why didn't he free them? Is that his next step or is he waiting for Daenrys to release them?

Maybe he has to do a little training with them to make sure that they don't go crazy when they get out......he made the first step to get their trust and then can work on slowly training them so they can hone their destructive force.  I think Dany has their love...as their mother, but she didn't seem to know much about how to train them and work with them.  These may be things that Tyrion knows better, and so he can actually train them.

3 hours ago, One More Time said:

I know what you mean. Years {and YEARS} go I saw Mark Harmon play Ted Bundy. He did it so well I was not able to watch ANYTHING he did for a good 10 years.

I'm still mad at Danny Glover for the Color Purple.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RCharter said:

I think Dany has their love...as their mother, but she didn't seem to know much about how to train them and work with them.

Did we ever even see Dany try to do anything with them?  Did she ever even try to talk to them? 

I mean, if Tyrion can walk up to them and take off their chains without becoming dwarf-b-q before getting a word out, I would have expected Dany would have been able to communicate much better with them since she is the Mother of Dragons, after all. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

Did we ever even see Dany try to do anything with them?  Did she ever even try to talk to them? 

I mean, if Tyrion can walk up to them and take off their chains without becoming dwarf-b-q before getting a word out, I would have expected Dany would have been able to communicate much better with them since she is the Mother of Dragons, after all. 

I felt like she may have once tried to do something when that villager came in with the burned child....or was that when she locked them up?  In fairness to Dany, she was trying to work through a lot.....and it seemed like the dragons instinctively knew when and how to protect her....so she may have initially not known that they needed training or that they were trainable.

I agree that Dany would have more sway over them as their mother, but to me, it seems like she may not have the knowledge.  Tyrion probably spent a lot of time in his youth studying dragons...Dany's childhood seemed much more....chaotic.

Tyrion is such a boss, even when he is drunk he knows everything!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RCharter said:

Tyrion is such a boss, even when he is drunk he knows everything!

Well, as the man said "That's what I do.  I drink and I know things".

And I lol'd when he realized Varys was no longer the only one who would be insulted by his eunuch jokes

• Love 7
Just now, DarkRaichu said:

Well, as the man said "That's what I do.  I drink and I know things".

And I lol'd when he realized Varys was no longer the only one who would be insulted by his eunuch jokes

....LOL...and that the other guy that would be insulted was a fierce warrior.  Tyrion is a lover, not a fighter...

• Love 1

As for why Ser Davos wanted Jon revived - he knew that both Stannis and Melisandre saw something in him that they valued, so perhaps that can be the explanation.  He's seen enough unbelievable happenings over his time with Stannis and Melisandre that their valuing Jon would strike him as important.  Maybe??

We knew Jon Snow was going to be resurrected, but I still let out a "fuck yes!!!" when he took that deep inhale & opened his eyes.  There was still tension during Melisandre's ritual.

I'm amazed how my perspective about various characters is so changed.  I care about Bran's story and am now totally fatigued by Arya's

• Love 1
9 hours ago, RCharter said:

That guy is going to be one of those actors I'm going to hate no matter what he is in.

I sure hope they are paying him well, because he is always going to be Ramsay Bolton to me!

Nooo! He's the absolute, complete opposite as Simon in Misfits. He's an adorable angelic hero who wouldn't hurt anyone except himself in order to protect everyone. A testament to what a good actor he is. Plus you get to see his same ability to facial act that makes you see psycho crazy eyes Ramsay, but instead see South Park Butters-esque hopefulness. So, yes, I am plugging Misfits for you! Season 1 at the very least (whole show is great), and I believe it should still be available on Hulu.

• Love 5

I'm sure it was always intended that Jon would be resurrected. It's why Melisandre is back hanging out at Castle Black. It may even be why we had the Thoros and Beric resurrection stuff from a few seasons ago. Melisandre learned about this power from Thoros. I feel slightly annoyed at the show for killing Jon as the big cliffhanger at the end of the season and all this pretense that he was really dead for sure. We know they have the rough outline of what G.R.R. Martin intends for the end, so it's likely canonical. Plus, he's been made such an important character, with hints dropped about his lineage, that it was a given for him to return.

Will he be the same? Well, he's the biggest Mary Sue on the show, so I imagine he'll be the same noble character as before. If he loses anything, it'll be minor. Something to generate sympathy no doubt.

I'm in the group that could have done just fine if he had stayed dead, but I knew that was unrealistic. At least he's become a tad more interesting in the last season and a half. All plots at the Wall used to be excuses for me to do something else.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, annsterg said:

And...where the heck is Littlefinger?!

I'm gonna say....running the Dornish brothel that served as the Sand Snake's ultra-secret Snakecave? I'm good with that. Anything that keeps Littlefinger off camera, I'm fine with.

To be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed last week, but last night I loved everybody. Even Ramsay, who has always been just an annoyance to me, has actually turned out to be interesting once he starts doing a lot of evil shit quickly, instead of just gloating over Theon or Sansa for half an hour. Even Bran wasn't boring! But expecting Littlefinger not to suck might have been stretching things a bit. Leave him wherever he is, please.

• Love 2
(edited)

Davos leaves.  Camera changes from Jon Snow + Ghost tableau to a downview of Jon Snow's body. [long pause]  Off screen, I hear gasping.  [??]  Jon doesn't move.  Music swells, continues . . .

For almost three minutes, I'm a laserbeam, focused on Jon Snow, waiting.

I didn't know my video was frozen until next week's previews started and I was still staring at dead Jon Snow. 

Edited by candall
  • Love 15
(edited)

There were two things I especially liked in this episode, first one was when Tyrion said to the dragons: "I´m a friend of your mother", and even though I hate the Bolton bastard slightly more or less than Joffrey I found it funny when he said "I prefer to be an only child".

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1

Where to begin:

I knew something would happen to fat Walda, but not exactly in that manner.  But I did not see that other Bolton development coming at all - certainly not now.

I did not expect the main event to happen so soon; thought it would still be a couple of episodes on.
I thought it was odd that Ghost was lying quietly nearby while all that was going on, apparently asleep.  The main question: is he still him - or is he someone else? 

We shall see.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Calamity Jane said:

As for why Ser Davos wanted Jon revived - he knew that both Stannis and Melisandre saw something in him that they valued, so perhaps that can be the explanation.  He's seen enough unbelievable happenings over his time with Stannis and Melisandre that their valuing Jon would strike him as important.  Maybe??

Jon has the ears of the wildlings. Stannis and Davos knew it.  A man who has a few thousand boots at his disposal is important

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 5

One thing I wasn't clear on; Tyrion unchained the dragons, but they are still locked up. Why didn't he free them? Is that his next step or is he waiting for Daenrys to release them?

I'm assuming there's another way out since it seems unlikely they can fit through the front door. I thought that whole scene was wonderful and Tyrion's story about wanting a dragon when he was little and crying himself to sleep when he was told the last dragon died a century ago was so great. Loved how Varys hung back in the doorway like "Nuh-uh, I'm not going in there." I've been worried about those poor dragons ever since Dany chained them up in there, poor babies!

OK we all knew Jon would come back to life somehow and this is pretty much how everyone and their brother predicted it would happen. And I'm glad it happened otherwise I would have felt like I wasted five years watching his story only to have it turn out irrelevant. Still - I'm a trifle annoyed at all the obfuscation and denial from the writers, show-runners and cast members for the past year. I get it - they wanted it to be a surprise and thought it was all good publicity, but please. We all knew they were lying.

Bran's story looks like it could actually be interesting for a change, unlike Arya's so far. If he can have visions of the past maybe he can go back far enough to the last time the White Walkers invaded Westeros and learn how they were defeated. I can imagine a number of ways he can play an important role in the overall story, whereas I'm still struggling to guess how on earth Arya will ever be important. Most of the people on her hit list are already dead and if they've got dragons they don't need a little girl assassin to conquer Westeros. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

I can imagine a number of ways he can play an important role in the overall story, whereas I'm still struggling to guess how on earth Arya will ever be important. Most of the people on her hit list are already dead and if they've got dragons they don't need a little girl assassin to conquer Westeros. 

Well, King's Landing would still need someone to patrol its streets at night, preferably someone nimble enough to effectively fight in those tight corridors in the dark.  In short, Westeros version of Daredevil / Spider-Woman. :D

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Bran's story looks like it could actually be interesting for a change, unlike Arya's so far. If he can have visions of the past maybe he can go back far enough to the last time the White Walkers invaded Westeros and learn how they were defeated.

Thank you for helping me find one reason to think Bran's story might be at all interesting this season, maybe.

7 hours ago, AliShibaz said:

It may be because the zealots hold some very important prisioners - like Margaery and Ser Loris. Remember how King's Landing needs House Tyrell to send them grain? It could become a huge problem if some of the soldiers were to kill the zealots and they slaughtered all their prisoners before the army could stop them. Even Cersei might not want to see Margaery killed because she might know Tommen would blame her.

But it concerns me greatly that the great Lanniser Army and King could be taken hostage this way. Not much of a great army if they can't take out this group and save the prisoners. Not to mention what about House Tyrell? They can take out Joffrey right under mom's nose but not Mr. Sparrow? Plus as important to Margaery is, surely not more important than having the King be in charge of his domain. This whole thing really bothers me.

• Love 1

Another thought on Lady Fat Walda: When she cringed from the hounds she curled over her baby; when she went down the baby was under her: There's so much of her that by the time the hounds got to the baby they were sated???  A servant finds the baby??? 

Just a thought.

• Love 4

I loved that the one who got to be there when Jon came back was Ghost. I also thought it was interesting that when we saw Jon on the table from above, the bucket under the table looked like a crown over his head and that there were seven stab wounds. One for each of the seven kingdoms, perhaps? At any rate, I'm glad he's back. Also, this is the first time I actually cared about what was going on in the Iron Islands.

• Love 2

Walda...I was wondering why she didn't turn around and walk back out of kennels while Ramsey was busy opening the gates to the cages.  She could have slammed them shut and locked Ramsey in with the dogs, right?  Poor Walda. 

I was hoping Roose would be the one to kill Ramsey, but no, foiled again by this show.  Not that Roose is much better than Ramsey, though he at least wasn't batshit, just expedient with his murdering.  Maybe Sansa could be the one to kill Ramsey, or Theon.  I'd rather see Theon killing Ramsey rather than anything he's going to be doing at Pyke.

22 minutes ago, Tyro49 said:

Another thought on Lady Fat Walda: When she cringed from the hounds she curled over her baby; when she went down the baby was under her: There's so much of her that by the time the hounds got to the baby they were sated???  A servant finds the baby??? 

Just a thought.

Many people have expressed the opinion this was one of the most cringeworthy scenes ever shown. But, thank goodness they didn't show any graphic details of the attack. The camera cut away before we saw the wolves actually make contact with Lady Walda and thank goodness for that!

• Love 2