Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Home

• Start Topic

When Melisandre was cleaning Jon's body, all I could think was - why didn't Jon get stabbed....lower!

Welcome back Jon.  He died so his oath to The Night's Watch died with him and now he is free.  Can't wait to see Ser Aliser's face when he sees Jon.

Melisandre will go from a deep funk to feeling pretty  powerful after the resurrection.  Davos was a great cheerleader and I loved Ghost's reaction.  I was hoping that Jon would wake up with a few streaks of white hair.  Darn.

I thought Roose was horrible but his son has far surpassed him.  I don't want Ramsey to have a fast death.  I want him to scream!  GOT sure has managed to create some of the most loathsome characters.

Tyrion and the dragons!!  Great scenes and when the second dragon turned its head so Tyrion could release her, it was such a sentient act making it both scary and thrilling at the same time.

• Love 18

Before Old Nan showed up, I thought we were going to see a sparring session go terribly wrong and that would be how Wyllis turned into Hodor.

I think Hodor's calamity was related either to the tragedy of the Starks or somehow to the White Walker plot.

• Love 2

Does Davos know that Mel had Shireen burned at the stake? Does he even know that Shireen is dead? If Mel can bring Jon Snow back, can she bring back Shireen?

• Love 4

I think he knows Shireen is dead, but Davos doesn't know exactly what happened.

And I don't think you can resurrect ashes. 

Plus poor Shireen wasn't necessary to the battle against the Long Night in the way that Jon clearly is.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ShannaB said:

I thought Roose was horrible but his son has far surpassed him.  I don't want Ramsey to have a fast death.  I want him to scream!  GOT sure has managed to create some of the most loathsome characters.

There needs to be a Westerosi version of Sarlacc's pit...

• Love 4
(edited)

It seems to me that Melisandre's sacrifice of Shireen brought Jon's resurrection. She was wrong about who the sacrifice was for, who will be king and who will the great war and the Iron Throne. Once she figures this out, her faith will be renewed and she will be back to being her obnoxious self, trying to get Jon to become her new project. No doubt, she will meet her death soon enough if she keeps that up. I don't see Jon suddenly developing delusions of grandeur.

I don't get the complaints about Jon being alive. The show is clearly about Jon and Daenrys' journeys. It has been clear for the last few seasons that one or both of them will end up on the Iron Throne. The other characters are playing supporting roles in their stories. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 14

I've been looking to see if anyone else has suggested that Mel was feeling bad because she thought her magic let her down when she saw Jon Snow winning some big battle at Winterfell. I expected Davos to tell her, "Well, if you can resurrect him, then he can indeed go on to fight some big battle. So maybe the problem is just that you have lost faith prematurely. Bring him back and then we'll see."

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

I am curious how Cersei or FrankenMountain heard about the boasting of the drunk guy.  It looked like he was in a tavern and then taking a leak, but it didn't look like anyone in the tavern was a Lannister.  Maybe Qyburn has bionic ears everywhere.

Qyburn was given Varys's old job last season, so it makes sense he would have his own hidden informants by now.

Spoilers leaked for this ep a couple days back, but, man, I was still on the edge of my seat with that last scene.

What a coincidence that Jon returned in the same ep where we met Lyanna for the first time.

The other big revelation was that Bran doesn't have to be stuck in that cave forever. Yay! 

• Love 3
(edited)
51 minutes ago, ShannaB said:

I was expecting Ramsey to say, "Feed his body to the dogs" after he killed his father. It would have been a good LOL moment.

I fully expect Ramsey to cry like a baby saying, "Oh, please don't hurt me." whenever he is brought to justice. The most viscous bullies always act like little babies when they are about to get payback.

Edited by AliShibaz
  • Love 5

I loved loved this episode! And not just because of Jon Snow. Though that was my favorite part.

The WF flashback was so wonderful yet so sad at the same time. Ned, Lyanna, Ser Rodrik, Old Nan...all dead. Benjen missing. Wylis became Hodor. Even Winterfell of old burned to the ground. I absolutely loved the callback to Jon training Olly when Ned told Benjen to "keep your shield up or I'll ring your head like a bell". Oh my feels. And tomboy, show off Lyanna was perfect. I didn't want the vision to end. 

It was so good to see Bran again. Thank the gods the awful wig is gone. My back ached for Hodor when he was carrying Bran around. The kid must be 6' tall by now. Poor Meera, she's miserable without her brother and nothing to do. I noticed the Child of the Forest said Bran will not stay at the cave forever. Meera better hone her fighting skills; I get the feeling she'll feel useful soon enough.

I was so happy when Brienne told Sansa that Arya is alive. And Sansa's reaction was perfect; she was amused and even proud that her little sister is still not lady-like. Oh, but when Brienne asked her what happened in WF and the look in both of their eyes...Sansa's got a tough road ahead of her. I'm so grateful she has Brienne by her side now and, hopefully, soon her brother too.

Theon almost made me cry. And he his Theon, no more Reek. I wish he would've changed his mind and agreed to go to Castle Black but he's right, Jon will not welcome him and would probably want him to answer for his numerous crimes. His goodbye with Sansa was heartbreaking & perfect. Kudos to Sophie & Alfie.

Wun Wun busting down the gate and the wildlings charging in to save the day was my "hell yeah!" moment. I was a bit disappointed we didn't get a full fledged fight that resulted in Thorne's and Olly's deaths but at least they'll be freezing their asses off in the ice cells.  Olly's got balls for going after Tormund, who hilariously swatted him away. But I understand Olly's hatred of Tormund since he led the raid on his village. I still hate the little fucker. I'm dying to know what Jon will do with is assailants. Old Jon would grant mercy but Jon 2.0 may not be so forgiving.

I knew my boy would be resurrected but I was still holding my breath and absolutely giddy when it happened.  And I'm so grateful Ghost didn't have to be sacrificed in order to bring him back. I LOL'd when Melisandre cut Jon's gorgeous hair, I was yelling "stop, you're cutting too much!". I wonder where she goes from here? She's performed a mighty big miracle, I hope it doesn't go to her head. And Jon was dead for more than a day, I wonder how messed up in the head he's going to be. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions when he comes strolling out of his room.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

It was so good to see Bran again. Thank the gods the awful wig is gone. My back ached for Hodor when he was carrying Bran around. The kid must be 6' tall by now. Poor Meera, she's miserable without her brother and nothing to do. I noticed the Child of the Forest said Bran will not stay at the cave forever. Meera better hone her fighting skills; I get the feeling she'll feel useful soon enough.

Looks like Meera's been honing her haircutting skills on both Bran and Lor San Tekka "The 3-eyed Raven", but I guess she ran out of ways to stave off boredom after she did that.

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing I wasn't clear on; Tyrion unchained the dragons, but they are still locked up. Why didn't he free them? Is that his next step or is he waiting for Daenrys to release them?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I don't care about anything else happening, I just HAVE to see Sansa and Jon reunite and Sansa to be welcome into safety for even a brief time. I need to see a Stark reunion or I will scream! 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm surprised the dogs didn't go after Ramsey too, I mean meat is meat.  Maybe that's how he'll meet his end, the dogs will fuck him up.

Nah, they were listening when Roose made his last metaphor. 
And as they say in... well, knowing George R. R. Martin's aptitude for naming things, their homeland is probably called Doggeros...
"Rus rad rogs rotta rick rogether, right, Ramsay? Reeheeheeheeheeheehee!"

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

One thing I wasn't clear on; Tyrion unchained the dragons, but they are still locked up. Why didn't he free them? Is that his next step or is he waiting for Daenrys to release them?

Tyrion and Varys left that door open, so if the dragons can squeeze through the doorway, they are free.  Otherwise?  I don't see what Tyrion's plan is there.

So everyone is just going to accept an undead Jon Snow?  I'd think everyone would be freaked out by the sight of him.

• Love 3

Okay Ramsey just surpassed Joffrey for being the literal fucking worst. Death by dog mauling of an infant is the worst thing this show has ever done. I couldn't even watch. That was disgusting.

On the plus side, Tyrion and the dragons and Jon Snow lives and Kit Harrington is a lying liar that lies LOL

• Love 4

I am just glad after years and years of having to deal with users and psychotic women, she finally is with people that just want to help her out of the goodness of their own characters.  Oddly I appreciated Theon acknowledging  that no matter how much he helped Sansa, it still wouldn't make up for the terrible things he had done, like killing those two farm boys. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

I am curious how Cersei or FrankenMountain heard about the boasting of the drunk guy.  It looked like he was in a tavern and then taking a leak, but it didn't look like anyone in the tavern was a Lannister.  Maybe Qyburn has bionic ears everywhere.

I'd like to see a whole story arc about how FrankenMountain goes undercover by adding a fake mustache.
I mean, it would still be better than either of Tyrion's attempts!

3 hours ago, Popples said:

Poor Carice Van Houten. Has to rub down a half naked hot (might have been a bit chilly on the slab) Kit Harington. 

Do witches know about shrinkage?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GrailKing said:

I'm surprised Brienne said a man and not the Hound was with Arya, how do you forget the name of the man who's ear you bit off?

She took some heavy blows to the head, resulting in short term memory loss, which she tried to cover by reading ahead in the script. Electric Mayhem style. This means that all she knows about who Arya is or was with is that they are "a man." And... anybody else kind of waiting for Miss Swan from MadTV to show up in Braavos?

• Love 2

Arya...will they move that storyline along faster, please? 

Totally agree.  Arya has had so many "training" storylines over the seasons, watching her is starting to feel like being required to attend some mandatory office workshop.  Both the actress and the character are much more interesting than this; get her out of the latest "training" scenario and back into the main action.

• Love 3

The final scene was an awesome callback to Mel's conversation with Thoros back in season 3 about the time he first brought back Beric. Thoros had lost faith in the LoL and only said the words of resurrection because he was desperate to save his friend. Now Mel's at her lowpoint with the LoL and says the words despite not having done it before and not even believing it will work, and she brings back Jon.

• Love 6

House Stark is finally on the come-back!

I'm so glad Jon is free of those vows. Now, he can do Lord Commander any way he wants, and I seriously doubt that anybody who's seen the white walkers is gonna have a problem with the new Jon Snow. The only downside is that this resurrection is sure to give Melisandra the big head again.

I'm relieved that Bran and co. won't be stuck in that cave for the duration. Something awful must have happened to Willis to turn him into Hodor, and he's probably holding some explosive secrets in his head that would answer a lot of questions.

Rot in hell, Roose Bolton. You reaped what you sowed.  There are no words bad enough for Ramsey.  Poor Walda and her baby. 

I know Karstark is angry because of what Robb did, but he has to be pretty rotten at the core to align himself so closely with psycho Ramsey. He didn't even wince when Ramsey gutted his father.  

And then more kin slaying with Balon Greyjoy getting thrown off that bridge by his brother.  I'm guessing this is the set-up for an Ironborn conflict when Theon comes home to claim his birth right. Theon has had the most tragic arc of any character in this story, and there must be some kind of redemption for him before he meets his end.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, bobbyjoe said:

Totally agree.  Arya has had so many "training" storylines over the seasons, watching her is starting to feel like being required to attend some mandatory office workshop.  Both the actress and the character are much more interesting than this; get her out of the latest "training" scenario and back into the main action.

She can never go back into the main action. She is no one now.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, dramachick said:

I know Karstark is angry because of what Robb did, but he has to be pretty rotten at the core to align himself so closely with psycho Ramsey. He didn't even wince when Ramsey gutted his father.

Yeah, you'd think he'd be grateful that Roose killed Robb, but the Karstarks have a Sand Snake-like fixation on vengeance, so maybe he was unhappy that he didn't get to kill Robb himself.

Updated.

(edited)
43 minutes ago, dramachick said:

Rot in hell, Roose Bolton. You reaped what you sowed.  There are no words bad enough for Ramsey.  Poor Walda and her baby. 

I loved the actor who played Roose and will miss him and his soothing sexy voice, but Roose Bolton can definitely rot in hell. Too bad Ramsay didn't give him the 'death by dog' ending he gave poor Walda. For what Roose did to Robb, he deserved a far more gruesome & painful death.

That new Lord Karstark is scary as all hell and, like you said, rotten to the core. No one but a psycho would just stand there while a man murders his own father and then coldly intimidates the other witness. The fact that Karstark didn't flinch when Ramsay shanked Roose or that he didn't need to be threatened into silence, leads me to believe he has been Ramsay's confidant for some time. The North is fucked if the Starks don't take over soon. "Mad dog" indeed.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 9
(edited)

In the flashback, was that Ned and Benjen or Ned and Brandon? I assumed the brother was Benjen but then I got confused because it seemed like the younger/smaller one was Ned.

Bran says that is is his father and his uncle Benjen. 

---

I have been waiting a long time for Roose Bolton to die an awful death because of what he did to the Starks...and then it happens and it's not satisfying at all. Gah. This gives me no hope for Ramsay's eventual comeuppance. He'll probably just get shanked by the Karstark.

Edited by Colored Francie
  • Love 3

Bringing back Jon Snow has to be the biggest cop-out since Glen's fake death on The Walking Dead.

I realize the show needs a despicable antagonist, but is there anyone on this show who needs to die a horrible, painful death more than Ramsey Bolton?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GrailKing said:

I'm surprised Brienne said a man and not the Hound was with Arya, how do you forget the name of the man who's ear you bit off?

I don't think she forgot, I think she was purposefully not telling Sansa that Arya was with the Hound.  Sansa is obviously already traumatized, Brienne probably figured that  it was for the best not to tell her that her sister was riding around in the company of the man who used to be Joffery's bodyguard.  While not technically lying, Brienne probably just wanted to let Sansa believe that her sister was travelling with kind man that Arya had apparently bonded with instead of a former agent of the Lannisters.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TexasChic said:

Am I the only one that saw that as a direct ripoff of BtVS?

Willow cut Buffy's hair to revive her? Could've sworn she barfed up a snake or some such. :P

Tonight in unsurprising news: Jon Snow isn't dead after-all!  Always kind of suspected this was where they were heading, once last season's finale had Melisandre come back to Castle Black.  And did stuff with Ramsay tonight about him going to Castle Black to wipe out the Starks, would really only work if, well, Jon was still here.  So, I am not surprised at all that Melisandre managed to do it.  Not that I'm complaining though.  I grew fond of him last season, so hopefully he'll remain that way, and not regressed.  I so can't wait to see everyone's reactions; especially the ones that betrayed him.  Part of me wants him to just straight-up execute everyone.  Another part wants him to troll them first.  Like late at night, he sneaks in and starts going "OOOOOO!  This is the ghost of Jon Snow!  I have come to haunt you!!  OOOOO!!"  They'd lose their damn minds.  That little shitlord Olly, would probably piss his pants.

Should have known they would find a way to avoid a big-ass fight, do to budget reasons, but I still liked how they did it.  Wildings break in, Tormund takes on fool out like a boss, and then Wun Wun just bashes a guy against a wall, and everyone's like "Nope!  Sorry Alister, but we ain't fighting this!"

And so ends the reign of Roose Bolton.  Kind of figured it was going to happen.  When you toy with a rabid dog like Ramsey, it is bound to end poorly for you some day.  I will miss Michael McElhatton and his badass voice, but it was fitting that he was pretty much stabbed the same way Robb was.  But if there is an afterlife, I'm sure he and Tywin are together, bitching about how much it sucks to get offed by your sons.

Ramsay though, continues to be the worse.  Kills his stepmom and bro by using his hounds.  Even Ghost Joffery is probably like "Dude, when I ordered the deaths of a bunch of kids, I at least just sent my soldiers, who hopefully gave them quick deaths.  Way to drawl it out, you big psycho!" Will anyone end Ramsay's reign of terror?

Tyrion has decided that ruling Meereen without Daenerys is just too hard, so he's taking the "unleash the dragons" approach to it.  And only Tyrion would somehow still make quips, when he's got two big-ass dragons a few inches away from him.  Classic Tyrion.  He and Varys continue to crack me up.  And it was nice to check in on Missandei and Grey Worm again.

Bran!  He is back and way, way older!  He can now see visions of the past, and his hanging with Max von Sydow, who I guess between this and his brief appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, just wants to appear in the biggest sci-fi genre in both movies and television.  Hell, maybe his endgame is to appear in a Marvel film and complete the set.

Jaquen finally returns and will hopefully do something with Arya's storyline.

Also time to revisit the Greyjoys, where Balon gets dispatched, and now it seems Yara is going to contend with this uncle for who gets to be the leader of the Iron Islands.

Sansa wisely remains with Brienne, but it looks like Theon is going off on his own.  I wonder what he's going to do?

Nice going, High Sparrow.  You just made Tommen run to his mother and beg for help.  Cersei is so going to take advantage of this. I can only imagine the body-count that will arise; especially with sword-happy Jaime and Zombie Mountain.  Jonathan Pryce can still act the hell out of a scene though.

It does feel like the show is taking out some of their smaller, supporting characters now.  Makes me think there is truth to David and Dan having an endgame in sight in the next season or two.

• Love 6
On 2 May 2016 at 8:57 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Tonight in unsurprising news: Jon Snow isn't dead after-all!  Always kind of suspected this was where they were heading, once last season's finale had Melisandre come back to Castle Black.  And did stuff with Ramsay tonight about him going to Castle Black to wipe out the Starks, would really only work if, well, Jon was still here.  So, I am not surprised at all that Melisandre managed to do it.  Not that I'm complaining though.  I grew fond of him last season, so hopefully he'll remain that way, and not regressed.  I so can't wait to see everyone's reactions; especially the ones that betrayed him.  Part of me wants him to just straight-up execute everyone.  Another part wants him to troll them first.  Like late at night, he sneaks in and starts going "OOOOOO!  This is the ghost of Jon Snow!  I have come to haunt you!!  OOOOO!!"  They'd lose their damn minds.  That little shitlord Olly, would probably piss his pants.

One of the biggest and best LOL moments I've had in a very long time. Thank you so much! 

Spoiler

I was expecting to see Ian McShane tonight. I thought he would be playing the part of the uncle. They better hurry up and introduce him into the story. There are only 8 more episodes (I think) this season and then we have to wait another year.

Would it be considered improper or a spoiler for me to ask if anyone knows what part he will be playing? Or even just what kind of part? I'd like to know if he will be playing a bad guy or a good guy. I'm sure hoping for a bad guy. Ian McShane just doesn't seem to have what it takes to play a good guy. He's such a fabulous bad guy.

Mod Note: Please ask spoilery questions in the Ask A BookWalker Topic or request that spoilery answers are sent via a PM.

I assume the dragons went out the back way since there's no way in hell that they were going to fit through that door.

I'm so glad Jon is free of those vows.

How is he free of his vows? Writers made sure to not have any of the characters utter the words, "now his watch has ended."

• Love 1

Woo hoo, A Man and Jon Snow are both back! Bonus: Roose is dead!

Joffrey is still The Worst but Ramsay is right up there with him. No need to pick one or the other as the most evil. They're both horrible examples of human beings. Selfish, violent, power hungry brats who enjoy inflicting pain on innocents. I was thrilled when Joffrey died and I can't wait for Ramsay to die too. Killing his stepmother and infant brother was repugnant.

When Theon said he was going home, I was really afraid he meant that he was going back to Ramsay so that he could continue to be punished because he obviously feels that he deserves it. Now that his father is dead, will his uncle kill Theon and Yara so that he will be the only Greyjoy to rule? I heard one of the old guys tell Yara that they vote to see who is in charge next, but eliminating two possible candidates would definitely work in his favor.

This means that all she knows about who Arya is or was with is that they are "a man." And... anybody else kind of waiting for Miss Swan from MadTV to show up in Braavos?

Ha, that would be perfect. She can talk about the Hound and Jaqen H'ghar.

6 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

OK, you got me. I cheered when he woke up. I'm such a goober.

On the other end of the spectrum, Ramsey's actions were predictable, but no less horrifying. It takes a special guy to be the worst man in Westeros, so congrats, Lord Bolton!

That guy is going to be one of those actors I'm going to hate no matter what he is in.

I sure hope they are paying him well, because he is always going to be Ramsay Bolton to me!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Jon's back, bitches!

RIP to Walda and her baby.  Should have had a girl.

All I could think while Melisandre was working on Jon: "Damn. His hair was luxurious even in death! Jon Snow got that good hair!" 

I've seen what they do to girls.....almost better to leave the baby to the Wight Walkers.

If the actor ever falls on hard times, he can sell that hair for like $50/ounce.  I would give him cash up front and everything....just in case he is reading this!

12 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When Theon said he was going home, I was really afraid he meant that he was going back to Ramsay so that he could continue to be punished because he obviously feels that he deserves it. Now that his father is dead, will his uncle kill Theon and Yara so that he will be the only Greyjoy to rule? I heard one of the old guys tell Yara that they vote to see who is in charge next, but eliminating two possible candidates would definitely work in his favor.

That dude was a total buzzkill.  Poor girl is talking about avenging her father, and he put a pin right in her balloon.

If Theon can get home, it could be a fight for the Iron Islands.....but I can't even see him putting up much of a fight at this point, he has really been ground into nothing at this point.  Its hard not to pity him even though he was a phenomenal asshole.  I think if Theon can get home, he will never, ever want to leave again. But.....does that mean an insane Roose goes after him to the Iron Islands?  Is that where Sansa ends up if she realizes that Castle Black may not be safe (is Jon Snow gonna be cool?)

Forgot to say, Jon waking up in the last moments of 6.02 was a nice parallel to Bran waking up from his coma at the end of 1.02. Guess some Starks truly are hard to kill.

Was also nice to get some kind of explanation for those weird eye-stones after all these years. 

• Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, RCharter said:

That guy is going to be one of those actors I'm going to hate no matter what he is in.

I sure hope they are paying him well, because he is always going to be Ramsay Bolton to me!

On Youtube there are a few interviews with 4 or 5 cast members. The actor who plays Ramsay is in one of them. I'm very sorry I can't find the link offhand. But if you look how he is dressed (very much like Austin Powers) and how he talks, you get the feeling that he is just an incredible weird-o IRL. Sorry to be so judgemental - especially since I could easily be wrong. But, if I'm correct, it's interesting insofar as that is exactly the kind of person you would want to portray Ramsay - and he is really superb - much, much better than the actor who portrayed Joffrey. However, I'm guessing he is now typecast for the rest of his life. I would guess that never again will he play any other kinds of parts except for psycho evil-doers. I get a very strong feeling that he is definitely not a well-rounded character actor. If he is typecast, it will be for a very good reason.

I sure do hope that someone finds that interview and can post the link. Alfie Alllen is also in it and so is Liam Cunningham (he plays Davos and he is in almost every interview I've ever seen that involves a group of male actors from this show).

Damn! I just spent about 30 minutes searching and can't find it at all. The disappointing thing is that I doubt anyone will ever find another youtube interview in which Iwan Rheon (the actor) is wearing an outfit that looks like it comes from the 60s. But my recollection is there are about six male actors from the show sitting in a row and they are interviewed by some host. I sure hope someone can find it.

Edited by AliShibaz
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, AliShibaz said:

Damn! I just spent about 30 minutes searching and can't find it at all. The disappointing thing is that I doubt anyone will ever find another youtube interview in which Iwan Rheon (the actor) is wearing an outfit that looks like it comes from the 60s. But my recollection is there are about six male actors from the show sitting in a row and they are interviewed by some host. I sure hope someone can find it.

This must be the clip you're thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyUmI5WOet8

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I basically had to repeatedly tell myself that this shit isn't real when I realized what was going to happen to Walda and her baby. Ramsay can die anytime. I've been saying that for years at this point. 

I was annoyed at how long it took to brutally dispatch Walda. Did I really need to see that and also, took up valuable story time. Also annoyed that Roose would be so foolish not to have Ramsey on a short leash the second Walda got preggers.  Poor Walda. I liked her.

Can someone explain something for me? Why is Kings Landing held hostage to the religious zelots? Where is the Lannister army?  I had thought last season they were caught with the army off someplace else but surely by now they would have been recalled. I have had quite enough of the high sparrow.

1 hour ago, AliShibaz said:

On Youtube there are a few interviews with 4 or 5 cast members. The actor who plays Ramsay is in one of them. I'm very sorry I can't find the link offhand. But if you look how he is dressed (very much like Austin Powers) and how he talks, you get the feeling that he is just an incredible weird-o IRL. Sorry to be so judgemental - especially since I could easily be wrong. But, if I'm correct, it's interesting insofar as that is exactly the kind of person you would want to portray Ramsay - and he is really superb - much, much better than the actor who portrayed Joffrey. However, I'm guessing he is now typecast for the rest of his life. I would guess that never again will he play any other kinds of parts except for psycho evil-doers. I get a very strong feeling that he is definitely not a well-rounded character actor. If he is typecast, it will be for a very good reason.

I think the actor playing Ramsey has tremendous range.  His characters on Misfits and Vicious are completely different from each other and from Ramsey, and he plays each one really well.  My ability to disconnect the actor from the character of Ramsey probably stems from my seeing him as Simon on Misfits first.  I wonder what I would think of him if I'd seen him as Ramsey first.

Arya's story is working for me.  She's very strong, stubborn, impulsive and has been using her desire for vengeance as a survival crutch.  It makes sense to me that it would take a lot of training for her to become a disciplined assassin. 

Tyrion as the Dragon Whisperer was such a fantastic scene.

I can't wait to see what the long term consequences of Jon's resurrection will be.   Will he be different now? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BooBear said:

I was annoyed at how long it took to brutally dispatch Walda. Did I really need to see that and also, took up valuable story time. Also annoyed that Roose would be so foolish not to have Ramsey on a short leash the second Walda got preggers.  Poor Walda. I liked her.

Can someone explain something for me? Why is Kings Landing held hostage to the religious zelots? Where is the Lannister army?  I had thought last season they were caught with the army off someplace else but surely by now they would have been recalled. I have had quite enough of the high sparrow.

It may be because the zealots hold some very important prisioners - like Margaery and Ser Loris. Remember how King's Landing needs House Tyrell to send them grain? It could become a huge problem if some of the soldiers were to kill the zealots and they slaughtered all their prisoners before the army could stop them. Even Cersei might not want to see Margaery killed because she might know Tommen would blame her.

But speaking of Tommen, isn't it refreshing to see him burst into manhood? I'd love to see him do something manly and find a way to get his wife back. I'm guessing they might be able to figure out a negotiated settlement. The zealots likely would be willing to listen to some form of reason. They could probably find a way to work out a deal. I especially want to see Margaery out of her filthy cell and filthy prison clothes because I have a tremendous lust for Margaery. But, then again, what red-blooded man doesn't have a tremendous lust for her? Those piercing blue eyes are just one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. I'd like to see so much more of her and so much less of so many other characters.

Roose's death (being stabbed in the stomach) was a nice bookend to the way he finished off Robb Stark (by stabbing him in the stomach.)

Spoiler

got-game-of-thrones-34627383-500-300.gif

tumblr_o6j6vncrdr1v13k1lo2_500.gif

"They must have had help."

"No, I didn't think Lady Sansa killed all of them by herself."  (One of Roose's best lines, ever.)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Another part wants him to troll them first.  Like late at night, he sneaks in and starts going "OOOOOO!  This is the ghost of Jon Snow!  I have come to haunt you!!  OOOOO!!"  They'd lose their damn minds.  That little shitlord Olly, would probably piss his pants.

Ha!  I would love to see that!

(edited)
8 hours ago, RCharter said:

I know what you mean. Years {and YEARS} go I saw Mark Harmon play Ted Bundy. He did it so well I was not able to watch ANYTHING he did for a good 10 years.

U.O.--I want Sam to come back and be the Maester.  With Gilly, of course.  And that baby who never grows.

And I infinitely PISSED Melisandre resurrected John.  I will never forgive her for Shireen.

{small voice} Anyone else think Sir Davos is kinda...hot?

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 3