Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Home

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

Bran trains with the Three-Eyed Raven. In King’s Landing, Jaime advises Tommen. Tyrion demands good news, but has to make his own. At Castle Black, the Night’s Watch stands behind Thorne. Ramsay Bolton  proposes a plan, and Balon Greyjoy entertains other proposals.

Reminder: This is for discussion of the TV show only, no book talk allowed - including saying "but it's different in the books". Any spoiler from outside the books (i.e. next weeks preview) should be in spoiler tags.

(edited)

Another great episode. Yay, Jon’s awake! At least, Melisandre stopped moping and helped Jon. She wasn’t really cutting his perfect hair, was she? Btw, nice body, Kit. Great timing Wun Wun! I knew most of the Night Watch would back down when the Wildings arrived.

Poor Walda and her baby son.  Why did they have to show her begging and trying to protect her baby? Damn, I didn’t see Ramsey killing Roose so quickly coming. Roose had it coming, but Ramsey better suffer an extremely painful death. Die, Ramsey, die!

So is Cersei sending the Reanimated Mountain all over the city to defend her non-existent honor? I cannot believe that Tommen is begging that old man to see his wife. Poor Margaery. Even more I cannot believe that Jaime did not kill the High Sparrow.  Where was the King’s Guard? They just let these lunatics into the castle. Nice work, Cersie. She really is the worse. Tommen should have thrown her through the window, not apologized to her.

Tyrion is so freaking brave. “I am a friend. I am here to help. Don’t eat the help!... Next time I have an idea like that punch me in the face.” Bwah! Even Varys was like “hell no.”

How is Hodor picking up Bran. He is practically a giant himself now.

Oh Sansa, you should have gone with Brienne. I am glad that Theon has not forgotten his sins and the pain he inflicted on the innocent. Wow, the actor who played Kaspar on Borgen is playing Yara’s crazy uncle. I hope she wins the Throne.

Oh Arya, you used to be interesting and fun. Jaqen, you are still hot, but now tedious and repetitious.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 12
(edited)

I basically had to repeatedly tell myself that this shit isn't real when I realized what was going to happen to Walda and her baby. Ramsay can die anytime. I've been saying that for years at this point. 

Edited by Avaleigh
wrong thread
  • Love 18

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!  I am so freaking excited that Jon actually woke up!  I thought they'd tease us another 3 episodes!!!  But will he still be himself??

Ramsey needs an extended, painful death RIGHT NOW PLEASE.

• Love 13

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I didn't remotely see Ramsay killing Roose. But that was some super fucked up shit about Walda and the baby. His death better be brutal.

• Love 9

Line of the night goes to Tyrion.  If I suggest something like that again punch me in the face.

The giant throwing the Night watch member into the wall was satisfying.  Not really the action I was expecting but I guess I'm glad the traitors will know Jon resurrected.

I'm not really following what it is about Jon that has Davos so driven to resurrect Jon that he would ally with Mel much less that he cares about resurrecting Jon at all.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

The stuff with Hodor was interesting for sure. I'm definitely taking a second glance at the theories that suggest that this could have something to do with the Great Other. I thought he was stating that "Hodor" happened whoever/whatever Hodor means. 

Yeah, the bigger miracle than Jon's resurrection: Bran has an interesting storyline.

• Love 12

Jon Mother Effin Snow!!!

Im sorry but there isn't a punishment strong enough for Ramsey Bolton. Just when you think he's done it all....Evil Bastard!(literally)

• Love 7

Yay, the worst kept is he dead or not dead question is over! When they just had him on the table for most of the episode, I kept wanting them to do something. Then when Melisandre started cutting his hair, my reaction was no don't do that. LOL  Love that they made his hair being cut part of the reason it meant him waking up.

Ghost knew before it happened!

Tyrion was awesome going to the dragons and loved his line after commenting on if he ever decides to have an idea like that again. 

That poor baby. :( Wow that was horrible to watch start to happen.

• Love 4

Well Roose Bolton nurtured the psychotic viper and the viper bit him, not really a surprise.  However without his father's calculating nature I don't think Ramsey will be able to hold on to power too long.  And poor Walda and that baby. 

The High Sparrow is a dick.  Interrupting a funeral?  And Tommen wants to learn from his mother.  What could possibly go wrong?

Arya's storyline is losing me, it looks like it picks up soon.  I hope.

Welcome back Jon Snow! 

• Love 9

Poor Kit Harington.  He has to lay half naked on a slab while hot Carice Van Houten rubs him down.  Tough job!

I was hoping he was going to wake up and I still gasped when he did.

When Ramsey and Roose were in the most uncomfortable embrace of all time I wondered to myself why Ramsey didn't just stab him since he wants all of the power and then he did and I oddly felt bad even though Roose is also a horrible person.

I loved seeing the Starks in the previouslies and I loved Bran's warg walk.  Hodor was so cute when Bran said Willis.

As dastardly as Walder Frey is, he never would have murdered his kin in such a fashion.

I did not see Balon getting murdered by someone I have never seen or heard of before coming.

• Love 3

I didn't even sit down during this episode. So so good.  The flashback was so happy, I wanted to stay there too.

also, I realized who the High Septon reminds me of ....Bernie Sanders.

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm surprised the dogs didn't go after Ramsey too, I mean meat is meat.  Maybe that's how he'll meet his end, the dogs will fuck him up.

Yay Jon Snow.  And I laughed as his hair was cut.  I've seen many interviews with Kit Harrington, he hates his hair that long.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
(edited)

Roose Bolton is a bear-poker and therefore, much stupider than I ever would have given him credit for.

Melisandre's moping was getting on my nerves so I'm glad she got up and did something productive.  What other reason did they have not to throw her a$$ out, otherwise?

Jon's resurrection-face scared the crap out of me.  LOL.

Edited by 80srockher
  • Love 3

I am curious how Cersei or FrankenMountain heard about the boasting of the drunk guy.  It looked like he was in a tavern and then taking a leak, but it didn't look like anyone in the tavern was a Lannister.  Maybe Qyburn has bionic ears everywhere.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Poor Kit Harington.  He has to lay half naked on a slab while hot Carice Van Houten rubs him down.  Tough job!

Poor Carice Van Houten. Has to rub down a half naked hot (might have been a bit chilly on the slab) Kit Harington. Tough job!

I'm still just like: tumblr_m85d8sM7ZK1qmht0l.gif

Edited by Popples
  • Love 19

I had to turn the TV off when they went to the kennel. I'm assuming Ramsay did his worst. He has now surpassed all characters, even Stannis, for sheer cruelty. Stannis at least thought he was doing the right thing, what destiny demanded. Ramsay is straight-up psychopathic. Not sure how long I can continue to watch a show that goes here.

Everything else pales in comparison. We all knew Jon was coming back, so that scene was just drawn out too long. Cersei and Tommen, eh. Iron Islands, meh. I will say Theon and Sansa's parting scene was touching.

• Love 1

Oh come on guys.  Ramsey just avenged the Starks for the Red Wedding.  Hell, he even killed a Frey in the process.

But seriously, an unchecked Ramsey is a scary proposition going forward.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm surprised Brienne said a man and not the Hound was with Arya, how do you forget the name of the man who's ear you bit off?

Ramsey deserves to die by his own dogs, I don't feel bad for Roose sorry for Walda and the babe, but can't wait for Walder to get it.

Tyrion, the dragon whisperer

I would have liked to see the prayer or words that Mel spoke, and to me it was funny, they sacrificed the one thing Jon Snow cared about the most; his HAIR!

And Meera is depresed, and the COF telling us basically Bran does not have to be tied to the tree.

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 3

Iwan Rheon plays evil so well I have to watch him on Vicious to remember he is a funny goofy guy. That was so brutal what Ramsay did to his brother and step-mother.

• Love 5

Jon's back, bitches!

RIP to Walda and her baby.  Should have had a girl.

Roose and Balon got what was coming to them. 

All I could think while Melisandre was working on Jon: "Damn. His hair was luxurious even in death! Jon Snow got that good hair!" 

• Love 5

No matter how despicable the Dornish women, Faith, or even Cersei are they aren't going to reclaim the title of Worst Person in Westeros until *after* Ramsey's death.  Fortunately, though that probably won't be too long a wait.

• Love 6

High Sparrow had shades of jihadists. The notion that a bunch of nobodies with nothing to lose can take down an empire, in the name of religion. Sound  familiar ??

• Love 5

This is why I can't be mad at The Martell's or anyone else having it out for all of House Lannister.   Jaimie and Tommen thought Cersei had  Trystane murdered and they kind of shrugged, shook their heads and everything was still everything.  The entire family was/is more or less like that when it comes to their more sinister members and what they do to others.   It's that dynamic that makes me not blame their enemies for seeing the weaker or "seemingly" nicer Lannister's as fair game.

Iwan Rheon absolutely chilling as Ramsay.   A horror show in human form.   Sometimes I get bored or roll my eyes at Cersei's whining about what's she's endured or how she loves her children oh so much.   I don't think a character who's horrific needs some deep hurt to be motivating them.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and a bad apple is just that, a bad apple.   Roose thought Ramsay was a savage dog he could control and discipline (when necessary) and he found out how wrong he was.   He raised a rabid animal and it came back to bite him in the end.  I think he's one of the top villains the show has ever had.   He's someone that would have curb stomped Joffrey in the depravity olympics.

I liked that Ramsay's 2nd reminded me why his family hates the Starks.   Robb really did gain his family a new enemy by beheading the head of that House in Season 3.  In the world of Westeros, Ambition is prevalent and the desire for Vengeance is unlimited.

That was a nice scene between Theon and Sansa.

Not sure what to make of the Iron Islands right now.  Clearly all of Westeros has to deal with Power Grabs and coups. 

Bran still bores me.

Welcome back Jon Snow.  I honestly didn't miss him and would have been fine with the story moving forward without him but Ce Sera.   

• Love 3

Oh, and the deaths just keep piling up, huh?

I think they're definitely planning some culling this season to address the notorious cast bloat situation. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I knew as soon as Roose spoke that line about how people who behave like mad dogs are treated that he was a goner. I also view that line as prophetic.

Ramsay's plan now is to head to Castle Black, right?  Wonder if that could possibly go wrong for him.

Edited by LisaBLingLing
  • Love 1

Ramsay's plan now is to head to Castle Black, right?  Wonder if that could possibly go wrong for him.

We can only hope!  I think its safe to assume in any event that Jon would NOT be surrendering Sansa to Ramsay.

• Love 1

I'm going to miss the sound of Roose's voice, so mellifluous yet chilling. He said it himself: Ramsay is a mad dog, one that he's been taunting and provoking. He seemed shocked though, like he actually trusted that psychopath. Poor Walda didn't know any better.

So Cersei aka Sarah Conner, has her own terminator going around wordlessly crushing the skulls of random commoners that talk shit about her.

As expected, Jon's back. I'm just happy we didn't have to sacrifice Ghost for his resurrection. I can't wait to see the look on Thorne's face.

• Love 9

Presumably Ramsay will gather his forces and head for the wall to retrieve Sansa and Theon. He may know Jon is the Lord Commander, but not that the Wildlings, in their thousands, are camped south of the Wall. Be a surprise to him to run into them. 

• Love 3
(edited)

As expected, Jon's back. I'm just happy we didn't have to sacrifice Ghost for his resurrection. I can't wait to see the look on Thorne's face.

Hear Hear! 
If that doesn't restore Mel's faith then nothing will...

I wonder how the rest of the North will react when they hear the story?!?  I mean plenty will dismiss it as fiction but others may not and that could have HUGE consequences...

Edited by Winnief
  • Love 3

Who would've thought that Tommen would be among the longest serving Westeros leaders at the beginning of the season? Between this and last week, that was quite the cleaning of the houses!  Roose's words about leaders who act like mad dogs being treated as such is going to come back to haunt Ramsey, I think, in terms of rallying the North.

I'm definitely more curious about Bran's storyline than in past seasons.  I wonder what he sees in his visions that helps with the "Great War"?

Loved that Brianna told Sansa about Arya - in too many shows that would've been forgotten until convenient or treated as a secret that Sansa is too delicate to hear.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, easypeasy said:

Thorne is going to wet himself. I can't wait. Ha.

• Love 7

So we finally saw the famous Lyanna Stark in Bran's vision....I hope to see more flashbacks in the visions. Maybe we can find out what happened to poor Hodor. And it was interesting that they showed a young Benjen Stark -- might we also find out, finally, what happened to him?

I'm surprised they brought Jon back so soon. I thought it would be a bit later in the season. I loved the giant bursting in with the Wildlings and then all the Night's Watch traitors dropping their swords and bows, like "hey, we didn't sign up to fight a freaking GIANT."

Arya...will they move that storyline along faster, please? 

Much as I despise the religious nuts who have taken over King's Landing, I hope they take down all the Lannisters first before someone then takes them out.

We didn't see Danerys this week, which is good. I'm bored whenever she's onscreen. Is she ever going to do something, or what? And now we find out all the slaves that she had freed are slaves again, so all that had been a waste of time.

Yay to Tyrion for taking the chains off the dragons. Now they know he is a friend. That will be useful later I'm sure.

Ramsey...I can't even with Ramsey.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, TexasChic said:

Am I the only one that saw that as a direct ripoff of BtVS?

Nope, right there with you.

1 hour ago, Advance35 said:

This is why I can't be mad at The Martell's or anyone else having it out for all of House Lannister.   Jaimie and Tommen thought Cersei had  Trystane murdered and they kind of shrugged, shook their heads and everything was still everything.  The entire family was/is more or less like that when it comes to their more sinister members and what they do to others.   It's that dynamic that makes me not blame their enemies for seeing the weaker or "seemingly" nicer Lannister's as fair game.

Welcome back Jon Snow.  I honestly didn't miss him and would have been fine with the story moving forward without him but Ce Sera.   

Count me in as someone who not only wants most (except for maybe Tommen but he might do something stupid yet) of House Lannister gone AND does not care one bit about Jon Snow coming back. When he died last season I was hoping that the show might stand their ground and veer from the books (which we can now assume that Jon Snow survives in them too) and leave him dead but the worst kept secret of the show was finally revealed and all I could do was shrug. At least Ghost still lives. I'm rooting for the direwolves to take the Iron Throne.

When is Melisandre going to get hers for basically facilitating Shireen's death?

I hate Ramsay and the less time the show spends on him the better.

Tyrion has got to be the bravest or most insane person in the entire show. Who willingly goes right up to chained dragons and tells them a bedtime story? The entire time I was hoping they wouldn't try and find out how dwarf tastes.

Arya's story is going nowhere right now and I'm getting a little bored with it all. Same with Bran's story.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 5

Arya's story is going nowhere right now and I'm getting a little bored with it all. Same with Bran's story.

Hopefully they're going someplace with both of them.  In the meantime I am happy to get Stark family flashbacks.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, KaleyFirefly said:

So we finally saw the famous Lyanna Stark in Bran's vision....I hope to see more flashbacks in the visions. Maybe we can find out what happened to poor Hodor. And it was interesting that they showed a young Benjen Stark -- might we also find out, finally, what happened to him?

Before Old Nan showed up, I thought we were going to see a sparring session go terribly wrong and that would be how Wyllis turned into Hodor.

• Love 5