Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Home

• Start Topic

I was wondering why she didn't turn around and walk back out of kennels while Ramsey was busy opening the gates to the cages

I think Ramsey locked the door? Also, would you turn your back on Ramsey? Besides, she thought she was safe because she wasn't aware that Roose is already dead.

There's so much of her that by the time the hounds got to the baby they were sated

Nah. If she covered her baby completely, he would be smothered and/or crushed. If she didn't cover him completely, he would get eaten. Mmm... extra tender!

Honestly, after 5 seasons of this show, I’m desensitized to it killing off innocents. This show kills puppies for crying out loud! Nobody is supposed to kill puppies on TV! (Yes, I see the direwolves as puppies.) At this point my reaction is pretty much “of course.”

Anyway, it makes perfect sense for Ramsey to have the dogs kill Walda and the newborn. It probably leaves very little trace of them for Walder Frey or anyone to figure out what really happened. And it’s not like they have CSI in Westeros, so Roose got poisoned by some unknown enemy and Walda just mysteriously disappeared with her newborn. Even if anyone traces them to the dog kennel, Ramsey can say, oops, she must have wandered in there by mistake. Just a terrible accident.

even though I hate the Bolton bastard slightly more or less than Joffrey I found it funny when he said "I prefer to be an only child”.

I laughed out loud at that line. Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

• Love 1

I suspect that Tormund and Dolorous Edd might make another of those pairs worthy of their own comedy, but I wonder how Tormund and the other wildlings will react to the reanimation of Jon Snow, given that reanimation isn't a beneficial thing in their world. I have a hard time thinking that they'll just see him and go, "Hey, Jon, good to see you again, even if your still kinda gray and stabby..."

The scene between Jamie Lannister and the head Sparrow was so quietly intense, and it reminded me of Tarot card major arcana figures come to life.

I think the introduction of Lyanna Stark was really intriguing - her vivacity gave a hint as to why she attracted at least two rulers.

• Love 2
(edited)

The flashback scene had Brandon sparring with Ned, not Benjen as I thought at first. I wonder if there is any real significance to Benjen's disappearance because it does keep getting mentioned - especially lately - at seemingly random points. 

I am also hoping that the Bran's warging ability will shed more light on the Lyanna - Rhaegar abduction and Aerys' meltdown. We only have second hand accounts of this from a bunch of other characters but it would be interesting if the story went backwards as well as forwards, especially in King's Landing where the history is obviously so rich and still impacting current storylines.

Edited by Trichromatic
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BooBear said:

But it concerns me greatly that the great Lanniser Army and King could be taken hostage this way. Not much of a great army if they can't take out this group and save the prisoners. Not to mention what about House Tyrell? They can take out Joffrey right under mom's nose but not Mr. Sparrow? Plus as important to Margaery is, surely not more important than having the King be in charge of his domain. This whole thing really bothers me.

The thing that really bugs me is the way people keep walking into their traps.  By my count, the people who have been suddenly surrounded and outnumbered by the Sparrows are Loras, Queen Marge, Littlefinger, Cersei and now Jaime.  I can understand Loras, since he was the first, but after that, word should get around fast that there are armed fanatics on the loose -- they haven't been particularly subtle or stealthy.  Considering that Jaime himself staged a Kings Landing ambush on Ned Stark way back in the first season, he of all people should know that you don't go around by yourself or with just a couple of soldiers at your back. 

I can follow the idea that an armed brotherhood might take over a big chunk of the city and gain the support of the crowd, but I agree that the whole hostage taking dramas are weak.  It's gotten to the point of a bad horror movie, where people keep going off alone into the basement...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, annsterg said:

Agreed. I loved the irony of Roose being betrayed and stabbed, just like he did to Robb...plus in his last moments, he had to suffer knowing Ramsay would shortly be killing the newest Bolton.

I can understand why the show didn't go this direction, but a part of me wishes that Roose's death (and Tywin's death) had been tied directly to their roles in the Red Wedding.  They schemed to violate the most sacred promise in Westeros when they engineered the killing of guests who had been promised safety, and I wish they were made aware that some kind of explicit penalty had been brought down on them as a result.

That would have been a big complicated deal to carry out, so instead we just get Ramsay getting stabby all of a sudden and Tywin getting gutshot on the latrine, with no sense that betraying the Starks' Guest Right might be at play.  Totally reasonable from a plot perspective, just not as satisfying to me.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

The flashback scene had Brandon sparring with Ned, not Benjen as I thought at first. I wonder if there is any real significance to Benjen's disappearance because it does keep getting mentioned - especially lately - at seemingly random points. 

I am also hoping that the Bran's warging ability will shed more light on the Lyanna - Rhaegar abduction and Aerys' meltdown. We only have second hand accounts of this from a bunch of other characters but it would be interesting if the story went backwards as well as forwards, especially in King's Landing where the history is obviously so rich and still impacting current storylines.

That's what I thought too. It doesn't make sense for the smaller one to be Ned and the older/bigger kid to be Benjen. Someone above said the show said it was Benjen. I'm going to have to rewatch.

ETA: Just rewatched. The bigger kid is Ned and the smaller kid is Benjen. Would have made more sense the other way but I guess the show is simplifying it as if there were just those two brothers and Lyanna even though there were already scenes with Catelyn that Ned only married her because she was supposed to marry his older brother. Whatever.

Edited by Potanical Pardon
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tyro49 said:

Another thought on Lady Fat Walda: When she cringed from the hounds she curled over her baby; when she went down the baby was under her: There's so much of her that by the time the hounds got to the baby they were sated???  A servant finds the baby??? 

Just a thought.

The gate behind her had sizable holes in it. I feel like she could have thrown the baby through one and through the gate to safety before the hounds got to her. Then maybe she could have yelled and a servant or something save the baby and see what happened 

• Love 1

Ned was the older of the sparring boys, Benjen the younger; their instructor (Ser Rodrik?) said "Give him another go, Ned" or similar after he easily bested him in the first match. 

• Love 2

I wonder how Tormund and the other wildlings will react to the reanimation of Jon Snow, given that reanimation isn't a beneficial thing in their world. I have a hard time thinking that they'll just see him and go, "Hey, Jon, good to see you again, even if your still kinda gray and stabby..."

It depends on how he looks and acts. There's an instantly recognizable look to the reanimated White Walkers, whereas if Jon just looks and talks normally, they're not apt to assume the worst and shoot him right off. 

• Love 1

ETA: Just rewatched. The bigger kid is Ned and the smaller kid is Benjen. Would have made more sense the other way but I guess the show is simplifying it as if there were just those two brothers and Lyanna even though there were already scenes with Catelyn that Ned only married her because she was supposed to marry his older brother. Whatever.

The oldest brother Brandon has been mentioned on the show a few times. I don't think it makes a difference that he wasn't in the flashback scene. Benjen is the youngest so he should be the smallest.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Dobian said:

Eh, Jon's resurrection didn't have me on the edge of my seat at all.  The way they kept the body just conveniently laying around and looking remarkably fresh for two whole episodes - I mean, really, has a dead body ever stayed around this long on a tv show?  Even on Six Feet Under which had bodies in every episode, they were gone by the end of the hour lol.  All I kept thinking was, when are they going to raise this guy already?

Yes.  BtVS episode The Body when Joyce died . And let me tell you, she didn't get better looking the longer she was dead.  Add me to the ecstatic Jon Snow is alive camp.  This has been a tough year for some of my favorite characters, so I appreciate the love.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, HumblePi said:

I swear that the writers closely monitor the reactions to each episode and write according to what those reactions are. It appears that it doesn't matter who dies or by what means they find their ultimate fate, if fans are disgruntled by their death, the writers will simply contrive some fantastical way for them to be resurrected even if it's as unbelievable as the resurrection of Jon Snow. All Melisandre had to do was cut off some of Jon's hair and burn it while she repeated the words she heard a guy say once and  hocus-pocus, Jon lives again.

1. there is an existing book series that this is based on, deaths and ressurections may not necesariliy be up to the show writers

2. Were there really that many disgruntled fans of Baeric Dondarion that the writers were forced to bring him back?

Edited by MrWhyt
  • Love 5

Regarding Jon's resurrection, I don't believe the show is going to make it easy.  This show makes nothing easy.  We'll probably find out next week that Jon has total amnesia, or can't go outside during daylight, or no longer can feel love for other people, or some other creepy thing.  I don't trust that we all get to rejoice in noble Jon Snow being raised from the dead as himself.

9 hours ago, Dobian said:

Gotta love Ramsey "Feed them to the Dogs" Bolton.  He kind of reminds me of Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange.

YES YES YES!  Ramsey's evil affect reminded me of someone else and it was hovering at the edge of my mind and now you just nailed it.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Stancold said:

I can understand why the show didn't go this direction, but a part of me wishes that Roose's death (and Tywin's death) had been tied directly to their roles in the Red Wedding.  They schemed to violate the most sacred promise in Westeros when they engineered the killing of guests who had been promised safety, and I wish they were made aware that some kind of explicit penalty had been brought down on them as a result . . . Totally reasonable from a plot perspective, just not as satisfying to me.

Agreed.  I'm still hoping a giant rat eats Waldo Frey.  

3 hours ago, knaankos said:

The gate behind her had sizable holes in it. I feel like she could have thrown the baby through one and through the gate to safety before the hounds got to her. Then maybe she could have yelled and a servant or something save the baby and see what happened 

If it were me I would have just given up. If Ramsey had killed her husband that means there was a coup and everyone there was going to go along. It was over no matter what. With regard to Davos being all about Jon, I am going to take two levels of speculation here that he does know how Shereen died and that he thinks Stannis is dead.  So he sees this as an opportunity to make something good come from what the witch has already done.  Btw I remain not fully convinced that Stannis is dead. Mel said she saw both Jon and Stannis fighting at Winterfell. I just feel it is significant that the way Stannis went out is not a conclusive way. I take Roose Bolton asking who killed him as just that Ramsey told him he was killed. Ramsey is just the type to do that kind of thing.  No body, not buying it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, knaankos said:

By now the Bolton servants (the ones that are still alive, that is) must know better than to go see what’s going on at the kennel when they hear screaming emanating from there.

I feel like if the show intended for there to be any last minute save here, it would have been shown to us. Thing is, Lady Walda is just a minor character, like that woman who was raising King Robert's baby bastard in the brothel (we hardly knew ye). These characters are basically red shirts. Just here to get killed so we can see how evil some more important characters can be.

25 minutes ago, EyesGlazed said:

Regarding Jon's resurrection, I don't believe the show is going to make it easy.  This show makes nothing easy.  We'll probably find out next week that Jon has total amnesia, or can't go outside during daylight, or no longer can feel love for other people, or some other creepy thing.  I don't trust that we all get to rejoice in noble Jon Snow being raised from the dead as himself.

This is my suspicion times a million, except I'm kind of counting on it in order to make it a good story. I think it would be more interesting that way.

50 minutes ago, EyesGlazed said:

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the wightwalkers.  That may be far fetched, but I've always felt like there is more to be explained about them....their origins, if they are strictly non-thinking zombies or if they have some level of thought.  

But, the show doesn't have a great track record with people coming back from the dead unaffected...I'm thinking of Khal Drogo (he was dead right?)  So, yeah, I could see him bringing back a little sumpin sumpin from the other side.  Who knows...maybe its something good...like he gets some of those Bran powers?

I do not watch The Walking Dead because I am a giant scardey cat, so maybe this is ground that has already been covered in the world of zombies.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EyesGlazed said:

We'll probably find out next week that Jon has total amnesia, or can't go outside during daylight, or no longer can feel love for other people, or some other creepy thing.

Maybe he's limp, like Westley in The Princess Bride.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Tyro49 said:

Another thought on Lady Fat Walda: When she cringed from the hounds she curled over her baby; when she went down the baby was under her: There's so much of her that by the time the hounds got to the baby they were sated???  A servant finds the baby??? 

Just a thought.

Interesting, but if that does happen, it will just be a way to screw with the audience by giving a moment of false hope. There's no way Ramsay still has a servant who isn't terrified of him.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/2/2016 at 1:08 AM, izabella said:

So everyone is just going to accept an undead Jon Snow?  I'd think everyone would be freaked out by the sight of him.

I know this one. "Hi guys. What? No! They tried to stab me to death. But I hid under a dumpster."

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

On a rematch tonight, what struck me was how good an actress Sophie Turner has become. Her face was so mobile, so full of feeling in her scenes with Theon, who also did wonderful work. I am so used to seeing her game face that to see real emotion was a revelation.

Loved Torment's look of disgust when the Red Woman's magic did not work...the look he shot at Davos was priceless.

Hey Roose, Ramsay sends his regards. And the long look that Roose gave Ramsay moments before Ramsay stabbed him, almost as if he were trying to assess just how far gone Ramsay truly was...at first I thought it was merely a stare-down, but I think Roose had a premonition of how unreachable Ramsay had become. Karstark was in on the action, he showed nothing...more fool him. Still claiming that the Umbers, the Karstarks and the Manderleys are with Ramsay...not so sure about that. So we have mad dog Ramsay and an off-hand prophecy...that he will be taken out back and fed to the pigs. We can hope.

• Love 2
On May 2, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Knuckles said:

Presumably Ramsay will gather his forces and head for the wall to retrieve Sansa and Theon. He may know Jon is the Lord Commander, but not that the Wildlings, in their thousands, are camped south of the Wall. Be a surprise to him to run into them. 

I hope that giant drop kicks Ramsey's evil ass right into Ghost's waiting jaws.

My new motto : "I drink and I know things." Tyrion was awesome with the dragons. BTW, I want a dragon the size of a house cat.

I want Davos to find out what Melissandre did to poor Shireen.

• Love 5

Lady Walda and Baby Boy Bolton just make me so sad.  Like...I'm reading these cynical "well, we knew it was going to happen as soon as Roose blah blah blah" and I get that but we see her happy face, flushed with joy, she just had a baby, and this is what happens. This piece of garbage, this murderous thug, does THIS--she and her baby are literally torn to shreds by dogs. To a newborn babe, to a mother recovering from childbirth. Ramsay is absolute garbage. I will break out a bottle of champagne the night he is torn to pieces by his own dogs.

Rest in peace, Fat Walda and your sweet boy. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Lady Walda and Baby Boy Bolton just make me so sad.  Like...I'm reading these cynical "well, we knew it was going to happen as soon as Roose blah blah blah" and I get that but we see her happy face, flushed with joy, she just had a baby, and this is what happens. This piece of garbage, this murderous thug, does THIS--she and her baby are literally torn to shreds by dogs. To a newborn babe, to a mother recovering from childbirth. Ramsay is absolute garbage. I will break out a bottle of champagne the night he is torn to pieces by his own dogs.

Rest in peace, Fat Walda and your sweet boy. 

Just don't go ape on the actor LOL everyone say he's a very nice person.

Anyone want to venture on the fate of Rosalind and Edmure?

I think tragically they both die or Edmure is a widow.

The gate behind her had sizable holes in it. I feel like she could have thrown the baby through one and through the gate to safety before the hounds got to her

Wouldn't that have broken the baby's neck?

Anyone want to venture on the fate of Rosalind and Edmure?

I assume Edmure's either locked up or alive and well thanking the gods that he's currently married to the non ugly Frey girl.

On May 2, 2016 at 11:44 PM, bookrat said:

Does Davos know that Mel had Shireen burned at the stake? Does he even know that Shireen is dead? If Mel can bring Jon Snow back, can she bring back Shireen?

Davos has to find out soon, but the only person who can tell him is Mel and she'd have to be feeling guilty or something to do that.  I don't think Shireen can be brought back because she was burned.  There isn't a relatively whole body to resurrect.   Unless she comes back as a smoke baby.  ;)

I actually liked the slightly lowkey method for Jon's revival there. It added nicely to the last scene. Glad we didn't lose Ghost too.

Even gladder that the Wildlings came to help and I enjoyed the scenes with Davos/Melisandre in this one.

Ramsay killed his father, mother in law and baby brother. He needs to be put down pretty horrifically now. I really don't want him to make it out of this season alive.

Nice scenes with Sansa/Brienne/Theon this week. Also interested in the Iron Islands stuff for once too now that Balon is dead.

Jaime could've killed the High Sparrow there and then but perhaps he's smart for biding his time though. I didn't like Tommen leaning on Cersei though.

Tyrion and Varys with the dragons was a brilliant scene that could've backfired spectacularly as well though.

Bran's opening scenes were pretty interesting too and I hadn't missed the character that much. Arya's plot needs to move on a bit though, 8/10

So I have FINALLY caught up and am readyto join the conversation. 

First, thank the Lord of Light that beautiful Jon Snow is back!!!! I think he won't be the "same" though. Like Melisandre said, she saw it happen before and that man "shouldn't" have come back. So I think he might just be like an all business no love and feelings Jon Snow. Which honestly I can live with, as long as I can stare at his beautiful self.

I was totally with Bran when he wanted more time watching the young Starks! I'm looking forward to more flashbacks next week!

I was sad that Theon is leaving Sansa when he knows she could still need him. Brienne and Pod are a great team, but with Ramsay after them, they could use all the help they could get. Honestly Theon is just being Theon again and wants to punk out. And my heart broke a little for Sansa hearing Brienne tell her that Arya is still alive and well, and they were so close to being reunited. I swear I'm going to cry when any 2 Stark kids are reunited! If Arya could just kind of get over this faceless man crap and realize she isn't  meant to be no one, that would be great. 

From the time they said Walda's baby was a boy, we all know that baby wasn't long for the world. I didn't expect Roose to go so quickly. One good thing about Ramsay is that he's shit at military tactics. He knows how to be ruthless and cruel, but he doesn't have discipline or strategy. That's good for the long run when the Starks take back Winterfell!

Tyrion and the dragons was amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing him build a relationship with them.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

Agreed. The last 2-3 minutes of the episode I kept thinking "just bring Jon back already"

Beric said he lost part of himself every time he was resurrected.  My only consolation is the showrunner would pick one of the best quality of Jon to erase and show it when least expected

Do you mean his hair? Do you expect him to be bald now?

(just joking)

31 minutes ago, truelovekiss said:

If Arya could just kind of get over this faceless man crap and realize she isn't  meant to be no one, that would be great. 

But what if the very final scene in the final season has "No One" Stark saving the day by using her assasination skills to kill someone who is threatening her sister? Wouldn't that make it all right?

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, AliShibaz said:

(just joking)

Just a bald spot on the top so you won't notice it without a correct camera angle :D

ETA: That could be the big reveal for episode 9: The camera pan above Jon's head "OMG he has a bald spot!!!"

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, AliShibaz said:

(just joking)

But what if the very final scene in the final season has "No One" Stark saving the day by using her assasination skills to kill someone who is threatening her sister? Wouldn't that make it all right?

Well this plays both ways, one of the out come version is NO ONE kills the sister with her assassination skills, everything in this story cuts multiple ways.

If this scenario happens, then NoOne is truly lost.

A lot of chances to play Devils Advocate in this series.

1 hour ago, AliShibaz said:

I don't want to get picky, but I would rather it be Arya protecting her sister. (Or better yet, Sansa protecting herself!) I think she hasn't truly committed to being no one, and from the time it started, it just didn't feel like her to me. I think in time Arya will realize that she is still someone and be proud of that. But I think once she is reunited with a sibling, she'll quit being no one and start being a Stark again.

(edited)

No one is not supposed to have a personal agenda.  She lost her eyesight because she used her skills to scratch whathisface KingsGuard commander from her personal kill list.

I want to see no one vs White Walker.  Can she disguise as wright ? Would a white walker be able to see through her disguise?

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 1

Well, it was pretty predictable that Jon Snow would be resurrected, as if we couldn't see that coming a mile away.  What other guy on this show dies and his body just lays there?  Anyone expecting the red woman to say something like "In order to perform this resurrection ritual, I'm going to have to take off all my clothes and once again show you my weird looking, too firm, and too high boobs"?

I used to really like Arya.  Wasn't she supposed to be the center of this show at one point?  Now I don't understand.  I'm tired of her repetitious "Girl has no name".  And frankly, I just don't care about her anymore.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

No one is not supposed to have a personal agenda.  She lost her eyesight because she used her skills to scratch whathisface KingsGuard commander from her personal kill list.

I want to see no one vs White Walker.  Can she disguise as wright ? Would a white walker be able to see through her disguise?

What confuses me a little bit about the no-personal-agenda business is that when Jaquen H'gar (sp?) was talking to her about coming to Braavos way back after he helped Arya escape from Harrenhal, part of the pitch was that she could work on her list of people to kill.  Which sure sounds as if you could pursue your own private kill-list agenda.  Then she gets there, and nope, no personal revenge allowed.  Bait and switch in my book.  

• Love 6

Jaqen told her she could "offer" those names to the Lord of Light one by one- so the LoL would have to approve of their lives being taken.  (Arya didn't seek the LoL's permission before killing Meryn Trant.) 

• Love 3
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Calamity Jane said:

What confuses me a little bit about the no-personal-agenda business is that when Jaquen H'gar (sp?) was talking to her about coming to Braavos way back after he helped Arya escape from Harrenhal, part of the pitch was that she could work on her list of people to kill.  Which sure sounds as if you could pursue your own private kill-list agenda.  Then she gets there, and nope, no personal revenge allowed.  Bait and switch in my book.  

As Drogo said, she can offer them .

Edited by GrailKing
Removed book relation.

In case people want to know:

Speaking of the resurrection, David J. Peterson, the show’s creator of High Valyrian, has helpfully published a translation of Melisandre’s High Valyrian dialogue spoken over Jon’s body in “Home.”

This is what she said (in High Valyrian):

Zȳhys ōñoso jehikagon Āeksiot epi, se gīs hen sȳndrorro jemagon.
“We ask the Lord to shine his light, and lead a soul out of darkness.”

Zȳhys perzys stepagon Āeksio Ōño jorepi, se morghūltas lȳs qēlītsos sikagon.
“We beg the Lord to share his fire, and light a candle that has gone out.”

Hen sȳndrorro, ōños. Hen ñuqīr, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson.
“From darkness, light. From ashes, fire. From death, life.”

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

As Drogo said, she can offer them ,the faceless men can't kill people they know.

Was that ever made clear in the show?  I'm going just by what's told us in that medium, without reference to the books.  Jaquen told Arya she could give him any name at all, no caveats about being someone he didn't know, that I recall.  If it's mentioned in the show, it's glossed over very quickly, but I do not recall it  being said.  Apologies if it was.  

(edited)

Here's what Jaqen told Arya about her list before he gave her a coin and changed his face:  "A girl has many names on her lips. Joffrey. Cersei. Tywin Lannister. Ilyn Payne. The Hound. Names to offer up to the Red God. She could offer them all. One by one."

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am pretty sure that Jaquen and his faceless god want Arya to put aside her identity and become "no one." Of course, this is impossible. Even if she forgets her list, she is still a Stark and could never stop being one. She hid Needle, she didn't throw it away. I think Jaquen knows this so I am not sure why he is tormenting and testing her when he knows in her heart she will never be "no one."

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I think he's giving her EVERY opportunity to leave while their order can, but at some point it becomes past the point of no return, meaning she learned enough that if she goes rouge they would need to eliminate her.

My guess.

darkestboy said:

Ramsay killed his father, mother in law and baby brother. He needs to be put down pretty horrifically now. I really don't want him to make it out of this season alive.

ITA...that actor is killing this role of villian! (no pun intended)...I just want him to die slowly and in great pain! LOL

So much was happening...so many emotions..and Jon Snow is BACK..all is right with the world..and Sansa is now becoming one of my favorite characters which is surprising to me since I hated her season 1! Her and Theon's goodbye gave me the feels. 

• Love 1

There was nothing noticeably wrong with Baeric Dondarion who was resurrected numerous times, so I wouldn't expect anything particularly abnormal about Jon either since both were raised in the same manner. 

19 hours ago, EyesGlazed said:

YES YES YES!  Ramsey's evil affect reminded me of someone else and it was hovering at the edge of my mind and now you just nailed it.  Thank you.

Agreed.  I'm still hoping a giant rat eats Waldo Frey.  

Making it easy ?

As mentioned, there did not seem to be major whole sale changes to Dondarian, he lost a bit of memory each time he came back, this being Jon's first time he probably feel like when people died on a operating table and are suddenly brought back.

And who's to say it's him who could suffer alone we all heard the sayings : the Lord give it and the Lord takes it away, Only death pays for life so what if the other half of both those sayings haven't happened yet?

the death of Rickon or Sansa

or

No-One

6 hours ago, truelovekiss said:

If Arya could just kind of get over this faceless man crap and realize she isn't  meant to be no one, that would be great. 

Have to agree.  She was driven to acquire those nifty faceless man skills solely for the purpose of exacting revenge, not to be an instrument of justice throughout the Seven Kingdoms.

4 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

No one is not supposed to have a personal agenda.

Exactly.  I think "give up everything that makes you, you" implies starting with the emotional baggage.  

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Jaqen told her she could "offer" those names to the Lord of Light one by one- so the LoL would have to approve of their lives being taken.  (Arya didn't seek the LoL's permission before killing Meryn Trant.) 

But he didn't specify by her, which fits right in with a vocation that demands de-emphasis of self.  Give up your former "named" self, give up your personal agenda and give over your enemies to the LoL's for disposition.  Maybe they'll be dispatched, maybe by one Faceless Man, maybe another, maybe not at all.  

The Order of Faceless People just doesn't seem like a good fit for a person who self-soothes by repeating her kill list.

But who am I to second-guess her?  I would have screamed out "Arya Stark!" or any other answer that would have restored my eyesight. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am pretty sure that Jaquen and his faceless god want Arya to put aside her identity and become "no one." Of course, this is impossible. Even if she forgets her list, she is still a Stark and could never stop being one. She hid Needle, she didn't throw it away. I think Jaquen knows this so I am not sure why he is tormenting and testing her when he knows in her heart she will never be "no one."

To be fair, Jaquen only gave her a business card. She was the one who sought him out. Even after learning what the faceless men really are and what they do, he gave her another out and she refused to take it. So I don't think the question becomes if she becomes a faceless man but rather when she will truly become one.

• Love 2