Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

Not a Chicago fan per se but I was getting tired of them being the Susan Lucci of the baseball world and getting dumped on   for so long so I'm glad that the goat's given up the ghost at last!

• Love 6
On Thursday, November 03, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Blergh said:

Not a Chicago fan per se but I was getting tired of them being the Susan Lucci of the baseball world and getting dumped on   for so long so I'm glad that the goat's given up the ghost at last!

Wrong analogy.

my beloved Indians are the Susan Lucci.  Gets nominated (ie goes to the big dance), but never wins.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, cpcathy said:

Not a baseball fan, but a Bill Murray fan, so glad to see they won and how it makes him so happy!

Check out the University of Wisconsin men's basketball twitter feed.  Posted side by side pics of Bill looking stunned last March following the Badgers' last-second win over Xavier in the NCAA tournament (one of Bill's sons is an asst. coach at Xavier) and then Bill looking so happy following the Cubs big win, saying they were happy for Bill. 

On 11/2/2016 at 4:44 AM, roamyn said:

Why not?  I'm blaming it for everything.  Including the death of two sports curses:  Cleveland's & Cubs Billy Goat.

Please 2016 take the curses back. I am a Clevelander but I would willingly go back to having no championship if it made this year go away. 

• Love 6

Today marks the beginning of the death of the US as we know it, and I'm blaming 2016 for that, too.

11 hours ago, InsertWordHere said:

Please 2016 take the curses back. I am a Clevelander but I would willingly go back to having no championship if it made this year go away. 

I'm not!

I'll gladly give up the racist mysognist psychopath elected yesterday, if it will make 2016 go away. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Damn what is it with God and musicians.   I know the whole "make a joyful noise until the Lord" but we need them HERE to make that noise.

Esp now.

Please leave us the last two Beatles, Little Richard, Paul Anka, Bob Seger, Barry Gibb, Aretha Franklin, Pete Townsend, Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, Pat Boone, Dolly Parton, Sir Tom Jones, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Loretta Lynn.

But you can take the Rolling Stones.  I never liked them.  :-)

Psst.  It's "unto the Lord", but I figure auto correct probably adjusted it for you.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Esp now.

Please leave us the last two Beatles, Little Richard, Paul Anka, Bob Seger, Barry Gibb, Aretha Franklin, Pete Townsend, Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, Pat Boone, Dolly Parton, Sir Tom Jones, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Loretta Lynn.

But you can take the Rolling Stones.  I never liked them.  :-)

Psst.  It's "unto the Lord", but I figure auto correct probably adjusted it for you.

I don't think the Rolling Stones can die without slayer intervention. Oh and God can have Pat Boone.

Edited by Willowsmom
  • Love 8

Everyone knows Keith Richards can't be killed by conventional weapons.

I can't make a list, no matter how much I dislike a person; wishing death on someone is a bridge too far for me. However, since everyone dies, I will hope their eventual death is an embarrassingly humiliating one, from which their legacy will never recover.

• Love 1

Jesus fucking christ on a cracker. Enough already with 2016! MfU was my first fandom, before I even knew what that was, before I could even tie my own shoes. I have the complete DVD set that came in a silver attache case with the show logo on the outside. Everyone loves Illya best, and for good reason, but I like Napoleon, too. I was glad the recent movie did OK by him (although why they went with that backstory, I don't really understand). Honestly, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

• Love 5

NO! Not Albie! I've got a couple episodes of Hustle on my DVR and now I'm going to tear up in all his scenes. 

46 minutes ago, St. Claire said:

There goes my dream of seeing him guest on NCIS in a storyline with the medical examiner.

Even though I stopped watching a few years ago, I would have tuned it for that.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, St. Claire said:

There goes my dream of seeing him guest on NCIS in a storyline with the medical examiner.

RIP, Agent Solo.

Seriously, that would've been so cool!  Ilya & Solo together again!

RIP Mr. Vaughan

• Love 5

Damn. As a former General Hospital fan, that one stings. Her writing era for the show is considered one of the best of its history and it was definitely when the show was at its most socially conscious. Fans have been lamenting the show's decline from those days for decades. RIP Ms. Labine.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 4

The first time I saw Robert Vaughn was in Superman III as Ross Webster. He has that funny line to Richard Pryor's character Gus Gorman "I ask you to kill Superman, and you're telling me you couldn't even do that one. Simple. Thing."

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Calvada said:

This is not a celebrity death, but 2016 has now officially killed my hope for the future.  Time of death:  early morning, November 9, 2016. 

And for many others, it was the birth of hope. We' re all in this together.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, roamyn said:

Same here - but FWIW, the actors did appear together in an episode of The A Team back in the day - essentially as former spy partners who had since become enemies (though not using the character names from the original show).

I also half expected the two of them to appear in cameos in the recent Man From U.N.C.L.E. film, but they didn't.  Pity.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, magicdog said:

I also half expected the two of them to appear in cameos in the recent Man From U.N.C.L.E. film, but they didn't.  Pity.

They weren't even asked, according to an article I read when the movie came out. And, that steamed me. The filmmakers wouldn't have even had a movie to make if every girl of a certain age in the U.S. didn't watch that show for either for Napoleon or Ilya. (not that I'm forgetting that guys watched it, too)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rur said:

They weren't even asked, according to an article I read when the movie came out. And, that steamed me. The filmmakers wouldn't have even had a movie to make if every girl of a certain age in the U.S. didn't watch that show for either for Napoleon or Ilya. (not that I'm forgetting that guys watched it, too)

Seriously. For every movie remake based on a television series made in recent years, I've always seen actors who played the original characters make cameos in the movies.

• Love 5
On 11/10/2016 at 9:09 PM, CherryMalotte said:

Oh man...that sucks about Leonard.  This whole week has been one big ass downer.  

I have to smile a bit though - all the fools that play Hallelujah like it's some great biblical song, when it's about cheating, sex, and depression. 

Even worse - I really do love Leonard Cohen's poetry and his songs, always have over the years - but to me at this point Hallelujah is the Stairway to Heaven of folk/singersongwriter  music - I never want to hear it again for at least ten years or so, we need a damned moratorium on it, we have for a while, and now that Leonard Cohen has actually physically died - this is the ONLY goddamned Leonard Cohen song we can expect to hear on the radio etc. for the next year at least.  SHIT SHIT SHIT.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seriously. For every movie remake based on a television series made in recent years, I've always seen actors who played the original characters make cameos in the movies.

You don't invite the originals when theyfar  outshine the the newbies.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

but to me at this point Hallelujah is the Stairway to Heaven of folk/singersongwriter  music - I never want to hear it again for at least ten years or so, we need a damned moratorium on it, we have for a while, and now that Leonard Cohen has actually physically died - this is the ONLY goddamned Leonard Cohen song we can expect to hear on the radio etc. for the next year at least.  SHIT SHIT SHIT.

Ha.  Then avoid the opening of SNL this week.*  *

*Although it got me teary and I'd be lying if I still didn't find that song darn effective in montages.

• Love 7