Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

Angela Cartwright and Sherry Jackson were the daughters on Make Room For Daddy.

You're right. I fixed it. Thanks. I heard the title of Danny Thomas' shows in my head, but saw pics of Henry Fonda's TV series--the right show--in my head at the same time. I went with Thomas' show 'cause I thought it sounded correct.

Hanson was also involved (writer, director, or both) with the film Bad Influence, which brought Rob Lowe back to Hollywood prominence (or at least closer to it than he had been) after his sex scandal at the 1988 Democratic National Convention in Atlanta.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:27 PM, Bastet said:

Yikes - I remember James Stacy from his Emmy-nominated guest spot on Cagney & Lacey, the TV movie about the accident that cost him his limbs, and his precedent-setting lawsuit, but I somehow completely missed the child molestation conviction and all the craziness that surrounded it.

Well, I clearly fell a bit behind on the James Stacy news.

The last time I saw him--on my tv, I mean--he was standing on a ski slope, with one stump and one ski, and was just so pretty, smiley and sparkley.

On September 18, 2016 at 5:47 PM, BW Manilowe said:

Also, regarding use of the family name "Farnon" in acting I believe there's an actor or actress named Shannon Farnon who's part of the same family, but I don't know how they're related.

Shannon Farnon was a voice actress;. I remember her best as Wonder Woman from the Superfriends cartoon.

Jaded,

That's so horrible for the Farrows and I hope someone in that extended family is actively trying to help Mia who has cared for so many but, no doubt, needs some very attentive care for herself.

• Love 2
On 9/23/2016 at 2:07 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

Terence Baylor who played the Bloody Baron in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and was in Monty Python and more has passed away at the age of 86.

He had that great line in the crucifixion scene from Life of Brian: " I'm Brian and so's my wife!" .

That always made me laugh. R.I.P.

• Love 4

This is terrible, he was a extremely talented young pitcher . I saw this small clip this morning and it made me smile.he aeemed to play witj such joy.He defected from Cuba when he was 15 and became a citizen. 

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Here's to Arnold Palmer!  

Raise a glass half of Lemonade and half of Iced-Tea in Tribute!

How many people have DRINKS named after them?  Oh. And that little Golf thing too.

Golf is a niche sport, far more people knew him for the drink. And it's 75% Tea to 25% lemonade as told by the man himself.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

Golf is a niche sport, far more people knew him for the drink. And it's 75% Tea to 25% lemonade as told by the man himself.

I think it depends upon how old you are.  I think people, say, over 40 know him primarily for the golf.  

Doesn't matter about the tea/lemonade composition; the point is, the man had a drink named after him.  And I'm going to buy one tomorrow in celebration of his life, like @Kromm said. 

Also, when they're talking on the news channels tomorrow about Arnold Palmer's accomplishments in golf, and in life, I doubt very seriously that they'll even mention the drink, or if they do it won't be discussed that much.  

Edited by Ohwell
Just had to add that last sentence. Still shaking my head.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I hate 2016.   Seriously this year sucks so bad.

RIP Arnold Palmer.   Good, classy guy.   

Yes, he was. He was another of the many celebrities I got to meet when I was March of Dimes National Poster Girl in the early 1970's. He was their Honorary National Chairman back then, & I (with my Mom) got to go to his Bay Hill Golf Club in Orlando for a few days before my year started so we could take a bunch of photos & film things with him to be used for promotional, fundraising, & other materials during the year I was Poster Girl. He'll be missed.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Yes, he was. He was another of the many celebrities I got to meet when I was March of Dimes National Poster Girl in the early 1970's. He was their Honorary National Chairman back then, & I (with my Mom) got to go to his Bay Hill Golf Club in Orlando for a few days before my year started so we could take a bunch of photos & film things with him to be used for promotional, fundraising, & other materials during the year I was Poster Girl. He'll be missed.

I thought of you when I heard the news.   I know you thought he was special.

1 hour ago, praeceptrix said:

Not a celebrity in the same sense as most of the folks we discuss, but a great man nonetheless: Ben Steele, Montana artist and a survivor of the Bataan Death March, has died at the age of 98.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-steele-bataan-death-march-survivor-artist-dies-age-98/

Surviving the Bataan Death March is more deserving of a mention here than a lot of "celebrities."  RIP Mr. Steele.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I thought of you when I heard the news.   I know you thought he was special.

Surviving the Bataan Death March is more deserving of a mention here than a lot of "celebrities."  RIP Mr. Steele.

He was. He wasn't necessarily the greatest at reading from cue cards/a prompter, but still a very nice man.

And, something I'd forgotten until it was just mentioned on our late local sports with his obit... It turns out he won his first professional tournament in my hometown in 1955. Back then, we actually had major league-type sports events here (the Detroit Pistons were the Pistons in my hometown first, & in the NBA at the time), as opposed to all our local teams being considered Minor League teams like now.

The tournament he won here was a PGA event, the Fort Wayne Open. It was played that year on a local Elks Club Golf Course which is now part of a bigger, redesigned & renamed local course. He knew I was from here, but we never really talked about his first professional win happening here, as I remember.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Wayne_Open_(PGA_Tour_event)