Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Start Spreading The News

• Start Topic

Ramona prattling on during her lunch with Carole really stressed me out.  To an extent, she's always been that way.  I think it's energy and nerves.  I did notice that for all of her positive attitude and being upbeat, a shadow crossed over her face when she mentioned Mario and their divorce.  I don't care what she says, it has to be really hard to be dating again at her age.  That's tough.

I wonder why she is dating.  She doesn't have to - Ramona doesn't need a husband' for his money. 

Some part of her must be thrilled to be free of Mario, so maybe that's what has her hopping out there.  Or maybe she's trying to show herself that she's still got it.  Maybe she's lonely.  Maybe she really is ready to find a new love or at least some fun.  It just seems very quick to be emotionally over it enough to be dating.

• Love 3

The thing about Bethenny commenting on Jules and her weight is that no matter what the truth is, it's still an asshole move because: 1. if Jules does in fact have an eating disorder, making snarky remarks doesn't help the matter at all and makes you an asshole and 2. if she doesn't have one, you're still making nasty remarks for the sake of trying to be so glib and funny you're an asshole as well. 

• Love 19

Ramona looked her best in season three (?) when she cut her hair and went for the bob with bangs.  She actually looked sophisticated.  But then she went back to the long hair which no doubt in her mind makes her look younger.  It doesn't.

Beth's hair looks so much better shorter.  However, the comb over at brunch was ridiculous.  She kept trying to put it in place.

Lu always rocked the shorter hair.  I forget when it was that she grew it out and it just didn't work.  It's so much more sophisticated and complementary with it short.

Most of these housewives (all franchises) hang on to their hair because they think it makes them 'look' younger.  The reality is that the long hair makes them look like a woman who is hanging on to their long hair in an effort to make themselves look younger.  Vickie looks better.  So does Yo.  Kyle chopped 8 inches off her hair.  She should have chopped 6 more inches.  Lisa could use a huge trim as well as Kim, Tamra and Carole.  Eileen looked much better last season with shorter hair. 

Love it.  Carole mentions the 'Vulture' recap in her blog:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-be-honest-you

• Love 4
(edited)

I sincerely hope LuAnne drops the Countess crap if she remarries. 15 minutes into the first episode and we already had a blow jobs by Sonja lesson.

Doesn't LuAnne lose her title if she remarries?  Not sure on that.  Countess Laverne and Shirley rooming in the Townhouse indeed.  Brilliant post Alonzo Mosley FBI.  Makes me smile as I grew up in Milwaukee.  When I was in college I roomed on the same street (row of townhouses)  where Garry Marshall grew up and got his inspiration for the TV show.

I didn't even NOTICE that Heather wasn't on the show. Bwahaha ha.  HOLLA!  I'm sorry, but I hated Heather with the fire of a thousand suns to be honest.

Ramona looks great (concur with ScoobieDoobs) but what the fuck is wrong with her that she cannot pronounce simple words starting with "R".  Could not pronounce the bartender's name? which I will give her a pass on because it wasn't a common name.  But once the bartender stated her two-syllable name Ramona mangled it repeatedly.  I was cringing from the other side of the TV.  It was painful to watch.  

And who the hell cannot pronounce reggae?  When Ramona kept mispronouncing it I really got stabby.  Then she went on to show her profound ignorance by referring to reggae as "some Brazilian music?"  Whaaa dah fuck?  My 10-year old knows who Bob Marley is, recognizes/can sing along to some of his more popular songs and knows the difference between reggae and Brazilian-style music.

I thought Ramona had a Bachelor's degree, no?  My god, if she does, the university that she graduated from should be profoundly ashamed.  I'm no Rhodes Scholar, but damn.  How in the hell did this woman ever run a company?  Who in the business world could ever take her seriously?  Ramona is dumb as a bag of hair.  One thing though.  You know it's bad when Ramona says you're such a drunk (looking at you now Dorinda) that she's embarrassed to hang out with you because it reflects badly on her?!!  Oy.  Oy.  Oy.

I know this is superficial but I thought Dorinda looked busted. It's the weight loss in her face combined with her teeth

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  I was wondering what was up with Dorinda's teeth too and why she looked so haggared.  HD was doing her no favors.  IMO Dorinda gave off a kind of a harsher, meaner vibe this season?  Like the kind of vibe I used to give off on Monday morning after I partied too much the weekend before.  Allegedly.    She sure seems more combative.  Ohhh, she and Bethenny are going to have major problems this season.  They will go toe to toe because Bethenny's already bringing the super-snark and it's just the first episode.

When Bethenny referred to John as a big, whiny baby or big, chubby baby (whatever it was) I laughed so hard I woke up the animals.  Holy - that was the winning phrase of the night for me.  You just know the top of Dorinda's head exploded into powdery, lavender dust (just like on one of those jet.com commercials) when she watched Bethenny's TH for the first time.

I guess its official that Dorinda has taken the #1 TOP DRUNKARD trophy and/or alcoholic award plaque away from Ramona (although Sonja looks like she's in the running?  We will have to judge on that as the season progresses).  The scene where John and Dorinda gave the homeless guy a 5 spot.  That really pissed me off and offended me even though I know city officials don't want citizens handing out cash.  

Fucking millionaire Dorinda tells fucking multi-millionaire (a.k.a. chubby, whiny baby) John to give the dude a DOLLAR ?!!  A dollar?  That is rich,  No pun intended.  And then that smug POS hands the guy a five and is soooo pleased with his sweaty, smug self like he did this big, noble thing.  I want to put my foot up his wide dry-cleaning ass.  Please tell me these two morons were already semi-buzzed when they pondered giving the dude a dollar because this is the only way I can process that exchange.

Carol sure looks like she is phoning in her scenes this season.  She looks like she's semi-sedated; slow.  Maybe it's just because Adam is positively walking dead. He.speaks.sooooo.sloowwly.  His manner and affect grate.  That cut to him throwing the herbs up in the air and on his face in slow motion, sporting that John Denver mouth... um, no ma'am.  No thank you.  The Adam herb clip gave me the second biggest laugh of the night.

It is now confirmed for me that Carol is mood-altering because there is no way she would let her BF and/or tell him that said video was a good idea if she was completely sober.  I get it when Bethenny said "peace the fuck out" and unsubscribed from Adam's social media account.  

Some talented poster needs to make a GIF/meme for us so I can laugh again,  Agree with another poster who mentioned it looked like Carol got her upper teeth fixed.  They look much less horsey this season.  Bethenny less chipmunked and Carol less horsey.

Bethenny can GTFOH saying that the new girl is waay too skinny and has an eating disorder.  What was more offensive (and a bigger joke to me) was the fact that Bethenny had to state to the audience that she's never had an eating disorder (I cry a big BAG OF BS on that one).  I'd bet some horse track money that Bethenny's middle name is bulimic.  Am I right people?  Hey, you live what you learn.  Any therapist can tell you that.

For someone who was so invested, concerned, and kept mentioning the doobie-elevatorgate issue, I found it offensive that Beth kept going on about the "you can smoke meth, fuck on the couch" diatribe to her employees.  The way Beth was screeching around the apartment about all the bills she had to pay I doubt if she'd be copacetic about getting milky jizz on her furniture.  On second thougt, maybe B would be okay with that.  Dorinda's John will remove that stain ASAP; no problem.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 9

Oh my goodness, it's been so long since I've thought of these gals (even tho I pass by Sonja's townhouse nearly every day), silly me, I almost forgot about Brian Moylan's fun recaps-

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-8-episode-1.html

Aw, what happened to Pickles?  She went the way of Lu's NYC pad?

Sonja sild on WWHL Pickles returned to Belgium?  Was it Belgium? because I remember thinking maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

I find it so irritating that no one bats an eye when a woman is with an older man, but for some reason, Carole looks foolish for being with Adam. I just do not understand the double standard.

The older one in the relationship is usually the one in control but Carole tries to act like the young, giggly, submissive one, deferring to her "hot" older boyfriend. I don't think it has to do w/ a gender double standard but that she isn't owning it and therefore looks foolish/like a tryhard poseur.

Did Carole get a dog and name it "baby" in lieu of an actual one to try to keep Adam attached?

I like that B has her daughter's drawings as artwork.

I'm ready to change my mind but I already don't think much of Jules with the sort of shallow way she presents herself and her insecure defensive speech about how she'd earn more money than her husband if she had a salary. No need to put down what he does just because you're insecure about what you do. 

• Love 5

Ramona has a degree from FIT.  I don't remember if she has a four or two year degree.  In the seventies, FIT (State University of NY Fashion Instituute of Technology ) went from a two year to a four year university.  It's not an easy school although Fashion Merchandising (Ro's major) is the easiest major to get into.  I went there.  I majored in something else.  I disagree that FIT should be ashamed.  I went to two Universities and FIT gave me the best training for a career. 

Sonja also went there.

Just as an FYI, going to FIT gives you the best credentials in the fashion world as an education.  Pratt is probably second.  At FIT, the major courses are about real world situations, not theory. 

• Love 3

Ramona looks great (concur with ScoobieDoobs) but what the fuck is wrong with her that she cannot pronounce simple words starting with "R".  Could not pronounce the bartender's name? which I will give her a pass on because it wasn't a common name.  But once the bartender stated her two-syllable name Ramona mangled it repeatedly.  I was cringing from the other side of the TV.  It was painful to watch. 

That scene was especially painful to me because I went to middle school with a girl named Rokia! We sat next to each other in band! (We were both 3rd chair clarinet meaning we never had important parts and barely had to pay attention) It's not a common name, but it certainly isn't difficult. Ramona even tried reminding herself that it rhymed with Nokia. For all our discussion about these women possibly abusing Adderall, Ramona could very well actually have ADD.

• Love 4

The older one in the relationship is usually the one in control but Carole tries to act like the young, giggly, submissive one, deferring to her "hot" older boyfriend. I don't think it has to do w/ a gender double standard but that she isn't owning it and therefore looks foolish/like a tryhard poseur.

Did Carole get a dog and name it "baby" in lieu of an actual one to try to keep Adam attached?

FWIW, I don't actually give a rat's ass about the age difference between Carole and Adam, nor do I have any opinion about their relationship, why it's in existance or what their motivations are. They don't matter enough to me to care.

But...

My own grandmother--a lady who lunched and  did charity work-- remarried within a year after being unexpectedly widowed  in her 40's to a man 17 years her junior. Yes, she had the bucks in that relationship and yes, my stepgrandfather (whom I completely adore to  this day, 40+ years after his death) got up and went to work everyday anyway because he wasn't a gigolo. The gossip? You have to ask? But they were happily married for 20 years until her death and screw the local biddies.

Just saying.

• Love 15

Bethenny's R2D2 comment was so incredibly obnoxious...but I still laughed.

Did anyone else find the R2D2 comment funny?  As soon as Dorinda admonished Bethenny not to say anything about his height, we all knew it was coming.  It's something we all do.  I actually forgot about what Dorinda said until the dinner and when I heard Beth's comment, my mouth hung open for a minute (not unlike a certain former HW) before I laughed.  I didn't mean to laugh but I did and it looked like Beth was sorry she let that one fly.

I call bullshit on Bethenny not being able to control her R2D2 comment. Bethenny has been able to hold all of Ramona's secrets in her vault for years and threaten Ramona with revealing them on the reunion when she was really pissed at her. Yet here she just "let it slip!"  Nah. She doesn't like Jules, and she wanted to strike out at her. Shades of a pretty, younger, thinner, happily married woman with a rich husband getting at Bethenny. At the end of the day, it just made Bethenny look petty and shallow.

I would have loved for him to have just said to her, "Hey you jealous, bitter, Correctol-addicted cow with 2 failed marriages, why is it so funny that I am short? It's not like I can do something about it, like chiseling off a home-plate shaped jaw off or implanting rock hard mounds into my chest or shaving off an offensive nose that was ruined by doing coke in the '90s. So take your nasty-ass, passive aggressive comments and come back when you find some real happiness in your life which will be never."

• Love 21

Doesn't LuAnne lose her title if she remarries?  Not sure on that.  Countess Laverne and Shirley rooming in the Townhouse indeed.  Brilliant post Alonzo Mosley FBI.  Makes me smile as I grew up in Milwaukee.  When I was in college I roomed on the same street (row of townhouses)  where Garry Marshall grew up and got his inspiration for the TV show.

Completely off topic, but Garry Marshall grew up in the Bronx. He and his sister Penny lived on the Grand Concourse (famous avenue) very close to the Reiner family that included Carl and son Rob.

On topic: I'm happy the show is back. Seeing Sonja paint that furniture makes me think she missed a niche "budget luxury". I think she would be far more successful at that, than the toaster oven biz, or a party planner.

• Love 5
The thing about Bethenny commenting on Jules and her weight is that no matter what the truth is, it's still an asshole move

And also because the woman was sitting right there at the table! Right next to Bethenny. 

Seeing Sonja paint that furniture makes me think she missed a niche "budget luxury".

I do too. I know we laugh about sharpies on Chanel bags, but if it works, then what does it matter? A couple of seasons ago I signed up for Sonja's "newsletter" on affordable luxury. She'd plugged in on her blog, I think, or maybe WWHL. I think I got one email and that was it. 

• Love 3

Jules Wainstein:  Cindy Barshop 2.0.  

I haven't seen signs that new girl actively loathes her children yet, so I'll reserve judgment until such time.

However, after one episode she does seem almost as tediously devoid of interests.

• Love 4

I too gave in to my children at times, and allowed dessert or treats when their meal wasn't eaten. I don't think it made me a pussy, which is quite a judgmental insult to moms, I just chose to pick my battles. I'm not going to judge her parenting based on that short scene. Children need to be raised with love and kindness, along with appropriate discipline, but I don't think I would consider it a compliment if my children compared me to a drill sargeant.

Dear old mom would have laughed at the comparison to a Marine Corp Drill Sergeant , She could shut us down with a look and took pride in the fact that she was always told "Six kids and SO well behaved" when we were in public. My mom WASN'T like any other mom and wasn't afraid to beat the crap out of us, but then again, it was easier to take a physical beating than to be reminded of how we let her down.

• Love 1

Ramona looked her best in season three (?) when she cut her hair and went for the bob with bangs.  She actually looked sophisticated.  But then she went back to the long hair which no doubt in her mind makes her look younger.  It doesn't.

Beth's hair looks so much better shorter.  However, the comb over at brunch was ridiculous.  She kept trying to put it in place.

Lu always rocked the shorter hair.  I forget when it was that she grew it out and it just didn't work.  It's so much more sophisticated and complementary with it short.

Most of these housewives (all franchises) hang on to their hair because they think it makes them 'look' younger.  The reality is that the long hair makes them look like a woman who is hanging on to their long hair in an effort to make themselves look younger.  Vickie looks better.  So does Yo.  Kyle chopped 8 inches off her hair.  She should have chopped 6 more inches.  Lisa could use a huge trim as well as Kim, Tamra and Carole.  Eileen looked much better last season with shorter hair. 

Love it.  Carole mentions the 'Vulture' recap in her blog:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-be-honest-you

So glad the NY ladies are back!!!

Regarding what I bolded here - isn't Ramona now involved in some type of hair extension delivery business or something?  I'm thinking that long hair she's wearing isn't exactly growing out of her own follicles, and we will see a tie-in somewhere later during the season.

I agree with you on all the other ladies' looks.  

I think that of all of them, I would like to see Carole with a shorter hair style.  Her hair seems very thin (similar to Bethenny's), and she would look much better with a shorter, layered look.  But, that would not be in keeping with her "boho-downtown-don't give a shit" persona she tries so hard to exude.  Even though, I'm thinking that her hair coloring maintenance and highlights probably run her at least $500.00 each visit to her salon.

• Love 2

How is it even possible that Bethenny and Dorinda had a full on conversation about Jules's weight as she sat right next to them and Jules didn't hear anything? They didn't even need to put subtitles on their conversation because it was loud and clear enough to understand. Bethenny opens her mouth and I'm not sure her brain even knows when she's going to happen when that happens, however, talking about Jules' weight was a bad look move for her, whether she's right about it or not.

Carole seemed really out of it in her scene with Adam. And I'm not sure I see the appeal of Adam. I feel like his speech drags and if I had to have a conversation with him, I may just cut it short out of boredom and lack of patience as I wait for him to get his thoughts out. Carole looked like she was trying too hard to act younger than him. Just be yourself and own your age, experience and intelligence. In that scene she looked like a ditzy girl who wants the world to see she's with a man who knows how to call the shots.

Ramona's conversation with Carole....good grief. I probably would have mentally checked out since it didn't seem like Ramona wanted to 'catch up' or engage, she just wanted to talk, haha.

• Love 5
Ramona's conversation with Carole....good grief. I probably would have mentally checked out since it didn't seem like Ramona wanted to 'catch up' or engage, she just wanted to talk, haha.

I think Ramona's arc this season is all about showing Mario what's he's missing. She's a social butterfly (even at wakes!), she's going to bars and getting more attention than Avery, she's single and ready to mingle. But all I know is, I want to see Ramona doing exercises in a bikini and stripper heels poolside this season. It'd better happen. Or even Ramona doing arm curls with that one curler in her hair.

I can see why Ramona and Bethenny like Carol so much - she's not competing with them for oxygen. She just listens (or pretends to).

• Love 10

Regarding Carole's blog post; Jeebus, if that isn't the most smug, self-satisfied piece of drivel I have read in a long time. It's akin to reading a teenaged girl's journal. GAH, I just can't with her anymore. Too precious, too self-involved, too damn immature. I wish I had 1/10th of her self-confidence however; she has no bigger fan then herself.

• Love 7

When I see moms knuckle under I laugh at them for being a bunch of pussies.

Wow.  Just...wow.  I want to say so much more but am restraining myself.

• Love 11

I have to admit the scene with Jules and her son at dinner bothered me more than it probably should.  I might even pull a Lisa Rinna and say "I was enraged".  I am so sick of seeing snotty kids who control their parents.  When did this happen??  I am not impressed in the least with Jules and her hardest job in the world 'raising humans'.  She has a housekeeper and a LIVE IN NANNY and she thinks she deserves to make more than her husband?  She couldn't even hold her ground for a single dinner.  She can take several seats IMO.

• Love 20

If anyone on the board has watched Peep Show (BBC comedy), you'll understand why Bethenny's spiel to her assistants reminded me of Alan Johnson's pep talk to the employees working on Project Zeus.

It's the segment from 1:05 to 1:19. Here's the transcript:

Johnson: "Tonight should be a free-fire idea zone. Watch a DVD, eat some pizza, fuck each other. I'm serious. Fuck a chicken if that's what it takes. Watch a chicken fuck a horse. What? You think the guys who invented Google sat around watching Trumpton?" [employees look horrified and confused]

• Love 4
(edited)

So is LuAnn, Countess of condescention, actually going to spend her drunken Manhattan nights in Sonja's broke down townhome in some teenagers bedroom?  Is this supposed to be a prelude to the crazy hijinks these two are going to get in to this season?  Don't make me laugh.

As far as LuAnn staying in Sonja's daughter's room and whether Sonja has proper guest rooms - my take is either one of two things:

1.  She has moved her interns up from the basement sweatshop and has them sleeping on air mattresses in the guest room,because her basement floods everytime someone flushes one of her old toilets,

~or~

2.  She has any room in that townhouse that she does not use on a regular basis completely closed off and shut down--no air conditioning (wall, window or central air), no heat, water to the bathroom/toilet shut off, and everything draped in dust sheets...maybe she has even sold off any furniture or artwork of any value.

(I'm kinda going for option #2....)

ETA:  I thought of an Option #3 - by having Luann stay with her, Sonja and she will have an easier time sharing French pirates!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

I agree, Jules weird version of cooking dinner for the family is because she has full time live in help, and very likely has never cooked before, and it was all for show.

Bethenny definitely had fillers in her face and lips.

I was looking at some NYC real estate comparables for Bethenny's apartment, and while her place is very nice, for the price it seems small.( must be location). I liked the other apartment ( that Jason lives in) much better!

Andy Cohen has been buying up real estate in West Village ( 4 units all in same building at 2 Horatio Street). Mr. moneybags himself...

• Love 2

Dear old mom would have laughed at the comparison to a Marine Corp Drill Sergeant , She could shut us down with a look and took pride in the fact that she was always told "Six kids and SO well behaved" when we were in public. My mom WASN'T like any other mom and wasn't afraid to beat the crap out of us, but then again, it was easier to take a physical beating than to be reminded of how we let her down.

Ha, your mom and my Grandma are the same person!

I have six boys and I have gotten those compliments in restaurants and stores too but my kids wouldn't call me a drill srgt. I have never been that way with my boys. The rule in our house always was you don't have to be perfect at home, but don't you dare embarrass me in public. 

I don't know what kind of mother Jules is from what we've been shown so far so I'm reserving judgement on the negotiating for a popsicle. The meal she made was odd, I wouldn't have made so many different thing, if they didn't like what I cooked they made their own. 

The only thing I will say about her so far is she seems like she's going to be incredibly boring. 

• Love 3

Am I the only one who wonders if Bethenny's employees are actually 'interns'...as in the Sonja definition of the word? Either that or brought in by central casting?

• Love 3
And who the hell cannot pronounce reggae?  When Ramona kept mispronouncing it I really got stabby.  Then she went on to show her profound ignorance by referring to reggae as "some Brazilian music?"  Whaaa dah fuck? 

Never to defend Ramona, but...my dad always pronounced it "ray gay" even though one of his sons is a Rastafarian.  And I'm pretty sure he never would have heard of reggae at all but for that son. 

• Love 1

So, I finally caught up. I have to say, I was not amused by Bethenny in the slightest. This amazes me only because she used to be one of my favorites, even throughout her various spin-offs. Something about her appearance on the show last season finally stripped away any generosity I feel toward her. The hilarity in her commenting on another woman's frame! Also, she's not as slick as she probably thinks she is: I feel like she set up that Princess Leia comment solely to get to the R2D2 jab. 

So is LuAnn, Countess of condescention, actually going to spend her drunken Manhattan nights in Sonja's broke down townhome in some teenagers bedroom?  Is this supposed to be a prelude to the crazy hijinks these two are going to get in to this season?  Don't make me laugh.

I can't quite figure what's going on there. LuAnn shared that she would be going out on a date, and Sonja was quick to remind that her daughter's bedroom would not double as LuAnn's sex room. And that's a great rule to set up. However, now I'm wondering what the point is of LuAnn even trying to stay at Sonja's? Is it simply so that she has a closer place to crash after her night swinging from the chandelier at her man friend's place? Maybe that's it?

Also, it's too too funny to me that the Real Housewives of New York City has only one housewife in the cast. (Yes, yes, I understand that it's that way with many a franchise, but in many of the other iterations--though the women may not be housewives--they are still wives.)

• Love 7

I don't know what kind of mother Jules is from what we've been shown so far so I'm reserving judgement on the negotiating for a popsicle. The meal she made was odd, I wouldn't have made so many different thing, if they didn't like what I cooked they made their own. 

I feel like that dinner demonstrated exactly the kind of parent that Jules is, she even said so herself, her parenting philosophy is bribery.  I know this is harsh, but I don't understand people who have children but have no interest in actually parenting them or the philosophy of give in and appease the kid because mom doesn't want to deal.  Jules pretty much turned me off immediately with that scene.

Although, that broccoli looked yummy, and I would have eaten the hell out of those meatballs. 

• Love 7

Did it seem like Bethenny's employees were even listening to her little inspirational speech?  It was pretty clear it was a pre-rehearsed moment to show off her new offices.  For the kind of money she makes, it didn't look like sufficient office space to me.  At least we've resolved the "homeless" arc from last season.  She's got a Hamptons House, 2 apartments in the city and an office space!  I did find it odd that she would gossip about someone else being too thin, since she's been the target of that kind of talk since start of the series.

It was strange for Luann to stop by Sonja's only to tell her she was going out.  Why stay there that night?  Were they just contractually obligated to film?

Carole is still stuck at age 25 in a 52 year old's body.  I feel bad for Carole, she seems really lonely and we all know this isn't going to be a lifetime relationship.  She doesn't have to date men her own age, but if she's looking for something lasting, she might want to try someone in their 40's.

Jules, Jules, Jules, it's so hard to be a mother with a full time Nanny and housekeeper and no outside job.  For 4 bedrooms, that living area was fairly small.  The nanny must have one of the bedrooms which means they have no guest room?

It looks like they are setting Dorinda and John up to bring all of the drama this season.  Ho hum.  She's knows they're mis matched but I don't think she really cares, she seems like the type to just need a relationship.

• Love 2

That said, I love Bethenny's hair too; a style she never could have pulled off before lopping off her jaw lumps.

Wait. Did she actually have plastic surgery for this?

• Love 1

Am I the only one who wonders if Bethenny's employees are actually 'interns'...as in the Sonja definition of the word? Either that or brought in by central casting?

There is no way in hell that Bethenny's employees are Sonja type interns. Bethenny's businesses make actual money. There is no way she would trust that to a bunch of college interns. Plus Bethenny doesn't have the patience to babysit interns or complete that college internship paperwork.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow.  Just...wow.  I want to say so much more but am restraining myself.

You could send me a PM.  Life it way too short?

When I get upset about a post I remember what my mom told me.

I just can't remember what that was.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 5

I feel like that dinner demonstrated exactly the kind of parent that Jules is, she even said so herself, her parenting philosophy is bribery.  I know this is harsh, but I don't understand people who have children but have no interest in actually parenting them or the philosophy of give in and appease the kid because mom doesn't want to deal.  Jules pretty much turned me off immediately with that scene.

Although, that broccoli looked yummy, and I would have eaten the hell out of those meatballs. 

I tend to agree with everyone who said that she made that meal because she doesn't actually do the cooking in their house and it was just something she did on camera. 

For me, it wasn't give in all the time and appease the kid because I never wanted to deal with it. Maybe my original post sounded that way if It did that's not what I meant. There were times, that I didn't want to deal because I was exhausted, or sick, or had a million things going on, or something bigger was going on with another kid and I did say yes to things they wanted that normally would have been a no because I didn't want to deal at that particular time, although I never did the negotiating, I just said yes before it even got to that point. I don't think that's too terrible. 

We'll see how she ends up. I really like Eileen and LisaR on BH when they first came on and now I can't stand either of them. I liked Bethenny for a long time and now I can't stand her, so, I'm not judging anymore housewives in their first season. Obviously my judgment is off. Lol

• Love 2
It's an awful aspersion to make, but the poster who suggested Bethenny's use of "partying" when describing Dorinda's summer (as opposed to "drinking") could be onto something. People that party until the sun comes up usually have an additional boost, and I'm not talking about the kind Josh Taekman was hocking.

Yea, that was me. And I'm not one to make unfounded accusations. But it did seem like Beth was trying to imply something other than alcohol by the language she was using. I can't recall now, but she used a few words that *I* personally relate more to drugs than drinking. 

Did anyone else find the R2D2 comment funny?  As soon as Dorinda admonished Bethenny not to say anything about his height, we all knew it was coming.  It's something we all do.  I actually forgot about what Dorinda said until the dinner and when I heard Beth's comment, my mouth hung open for a minute (not unlike a certain former HW) before I laughed.  I didn't mean to laugh but I did and it looked like Beth was sorry she let that one fly.

No, you could tell she was instantly like, "Oh shit!" when she said that. I have a bit of an issue with my mouth working faster than my brain too, so I get it. Plus, I think Dorinda specifically pointing out the height thing made it stick out like a sore thumb. I laughed, I won't lie. It was one of those hilarious things you think in your head, and before you know it - it's out!

• Love 3

She kept saying she was nesting. I have honestly never heard anyone, other than a woman in the late stages of pregnancy, use that term. It was weird. 

• Love 8
(edited)

And also because the woman was sitting right there at the table! Right next to Bethenny. 

I do too. I know we laugh about sharpies on Chanel bags, but if it works, then what does it matter? A couple of seasons ago I signed up for Sonja's "newsletter" on affordable luxury. She'd plugged in on her blog, I think, or maybe WWHL. I think I got one email and that was it. 

OK, so you motivated me to see if Sonja Morgan New York still exists.  And bust my buttons, it does.  Now, do they actually ship anything?  

http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/

Hmmmm, looks like nothing has changed since I last looked at it -- with the exact same dresses/jumpsuits that were being offered a year ago.  This is supposed to be fashion, right?  Ah, but then remember Sonja's fashion sense ends around 1996 or '97, when Old Man Morgan was paying Sonja's bills & she had dough to spend on clothes.  If you want a giggle, take a look at the jewelry on there.  Who the fuck would buy a 40 thou necklace from Sonja?  Oy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
(edited)

Stole this from trashtalktv.

RHONY-recap-4.6.2016-dorinda-and-bethenn

Bethenny: The code is my weight.
Dorinda: Wow! they make two digit codes?

Also stolen from trashtalktv.

RHONY-recap-4.6.2016-caroles-dog-poop.pn

Grande, extra foam.

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 7

Re: Carol naming her dog Baby and talking about nesting- I have known several people that for what ever reason decided not to have children, and they all began regretting it when they reached the age that Carol is now. Possibly because at that age it is not feasible and often not possible and they realize their decision cannot be revoked. I am speaking of having a bio kid, not adoption. Their honeymoon phase is over now, and the relationship could be shifting into a different gear. There was mention of how domestic Carol and Adam have become, and it could be weighing on Carol's mind that Adam may actually want to be a parent in his lifetime.

• Love 6

Finally, Carole - THE WRITER - "On a scale from 1 to 10, how much are you going to miss Baby and I?".

Oh, Carole. No.

She also called Ramona's reggae issue a malapropism, when it was actually a mispronunciation. 

• Love 8

I think Dorinda and Ramona both looked great, especially Dorinda's skin at that horrible dinner with John. He, on the other hand, is a complete buffoon.

I am in the minority but I do not like Beth's new hair color. I liked it better dark, although I do like the shorter cut.

I think it was fucked up that B was calling out Jules on being too thin, although I did snort-laugh at her saying Jules' husband could be R2D2 for Halloween. Heh.

Did that coffee cup Carole was carrying have DOG SHIT in it?!?! That can not possibly be what I heard. Then she put it on the counter? So gross.

I did miss Kristen only because I liked her style and liked seeing her outfits.

Nothing else stood out thus far.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am very happy this Real Housewives' franchise is back. This has always been my favorite. I also cannot take Bev Hills any more. They better inject some life into that franchise next season. Just plugging in an expensive visual vacation to an exotic locale isn't enough. 

Looking forward to watching the NY season playing out.

Not too much to add from all posts upthread....

I just have to say that I don't hate that Dorinda's boyfriend, John. In fact there's even a little something endearing about their relationship, because they don't sort of match. Her deceased husband, I gather, was very different. Sort of cerebral ? But I like that she has found this guy that just delights her and wants to make her happy. That said, I was horrified when he pulled that juvenile practical joke on her, 'theres a stain on your shirt, look down', then tapping her nose/face when she fell for it. Not once but TWICE. On camera ! I mean WTF !

Agreed with someone up thread who pointed out that Sonja's plans to put LuAnn in her daughter's room, is not because it has the better view, but most likely because the other bedrooms are cluttered, storage shed rooms, or closed off to reduce house utility costs. And Sonja was painting that little table & chair on her patio at night, only to appear what she thinks is her persona as charmingly quirky.

Bethenny's apartment. Too severe and sterile. And I like white and modern and I know its the trend right now in home decor. But, yikes.. It's screams control and over orderliness and too obsessive-compulsive.I thought so last season too when we had a first glimpse of the interior. Wonder how she deals with a normal little child who's toys and belongings and creativity needs don't match her neatnik ways. I mean children are naturally, ...messy. I think Bethenny is meant to live alone, I mean permanently, with no adult partner. Not referring to Bryn. Can't believe she showed where that safe was. But I guess it doesn't matter due to the high end brand name that must specialize in total security. She definitely had her jaw bones altered so her face shape is so square. I like her bobb. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4

Bethenny is a little pot meet kettle calling John out on his dry cleaning schtick.  Already I have heard "joining witness protection" every time Bethenny has commented on this season. Oy. "He liked it so much he put a ring on it." "Check yourself before you wreck yourself."  Only Jill Zarin thinks Bethenny is so current with her witticisms.

• Love 4