Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

(edited)

On 4/1/2021 at 12:20 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I would go for an EJ/Nicole revisit after finding out what he looks like. 

He looks on paper like a good choice(never heard of the guy) as he doesn't seem as wimpy as Chad and Jake/Stefan do.

Im all for EJ 's return as long as Flop Stefan and Flop Jake are Un-DiMera'd and we learn they both con artists hired by Andre and Vivian with Andre trying to usurp Chad and Vivian looking to get back Stefano's treasures ,specifically the ones he  entrusted to Jonesy(Vivian's brief husband ) and Vivian inherited them briefly when she married Jonesy since Stefano registered them under Jonesy's name and Stefano forced Vivian to hand them back after she inherited them when Jonesy died. This explanation as to why Vivian and Andre would  tag team and make up the whole Stefan /Jake thing would have made sense . I dont want Flop Jake /Stefan anywhere near the DiMera household as siblings of EJ /Chad   as both characters are super flops .

I would also like to see Sami and EJ breaking up . Perhaps they can bring back Lindsay Hartley as Arianna , whom perhaps never died and simply went into witness protection programme.  

Anyways Goodluck to the Aussie actor . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Rafael said:

I would also like to see Sami and EJ breaking up . Perhaps they can bring back Lindsay Hartley as Arianna , whom perhaps never died and simply went into witness protection programme.  

I loved Arianna and Rafe throwing his sister under the bus for Sami revealed that he was an asshole of the worst kind..

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Gotta get Regina King to guest star! (But obviously she has way better things to do these days.)

I think that Regina would do it if the  guest role was significant and wonderful.  She is not a snob to turn down a soap role.  I am loving how she is transitioning to the director chair while looking fabulous..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think "that's my name" is because he wasn't given a name.  Just a profession.  Like Hooker #1 and Hooker #2. 

I love Marla Gibbs! A 227 reunion! She's 90, though.

Yet still younger than Bill Hayes who's 96. Even though this is blatant stunt casting this is a good move for Days to do so and I'm glad Marla Gibbs is still with us to be able to do this. I think she, Jackee and Regina King are the only living members left of 227.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think "that's my name" is because he wasn't given a name.  Just a profession.  Like Hooker #1 and Hooker #2. 

I love Marla Gibbs! A 227 reunion! She's 90, though.

I never realized until recently that Marla Gibbs' sister played Cherie's grandmother on the original 1984 Punky Brewster!

11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yet still younger than Bill Hayes who's 96. Even though this is blatant stunt casting this is a good move for Days to do so and I'm glad Marla Gibbs is still with us to be able to do this. I think she, Jackee and Regina King are the only living members left of 227.

Nope, Hal Williams is still alive at 86.

• Love 4

Freddie Smith apparently has said on social media he wouldn't return to DOOL as Sonny. 

And that...makes me happy.  They could recast his role but I'd rather they try and give Will a new love interest if he were to return. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Freddie Smith apparently has said on social media he wouldn't return to DOOL as Sonny. 

And that...makes me happy.  They could recast his role but I'd rather they try and give Will a new love interest if he were to return. 

His choice?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, rcc said:

His choice?

Sounds like it.  We'll see how strong his conviction is were he to actually be asked back.  Until that timer, it's more theoretical than anything.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

I think its probably mutual. He doesn't want to return and the show has no interest in wanting him back. They don't care about Will either despite most of his family being on the show.

I notice a lot of former Days actors seem happier away from the show than on it. This past year has taught a lot of people that toxic work environments aren't worth holding onto.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Seeing soap actors get major headlines in major publications show how dead Hollywood is these days. 

They are usually a blurb and not much else.

I'd be surprised if this made a print version.  With online, there's a lot of space and I guess anything to get some clicks. 

The only thing that surprises me is that he hasn't even debuted yet.  Perhaps he has a better publicist than most soap actors.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I saw that headline and had no idea who he played. Had to read the article. He hasn’t even aired yet, right?

Yeah, other than the promo he hadn't debuted. He has good PR.

• Love 1
(edited)

I also saw the blurb about a Days actor getting married. I was like, Who?. Then I find out he hadn’t even aired. Then I was like how is he getting this kind of PR? I thought he was an under five or something. Was he supposed to air earlier but due to preemptions or Covid it got pushed out? Was he always supposed to air after the Olympics? Also, I had no idea the character was even being aged let alone cast. I don’t read casting spoilers for some reason.

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 1
On 7/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, ByaNose said:

I also saw the blurb about a Days actor getting married. I was like, Who?. Then I find out he hadn’t even aired. Then I was like how is getting this kind of PR? I thought he was an under five or something. Was he supposed to air earlier but due to preemptions or Covid it got pushed out? Was he always supposed to air after the Olympics? Also, I had no idea the character was even being aged let alone cast. I don’t read casting spoilers for some reason.

Either an excellent publicist, or he's somehow related to Ken Corday. LOL. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 7/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, ByaNose said:

Also, I had no idea the character was even being aged let alone cast.

Well, he's Allie's twin brother, so it'd be kinda weird if they weren't the same age ;)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Well, he's Allie's twin brother, so it'd be kinda weird if they weren't the same age ;)

Allie and Johnny were born in 2008-ish so them being 21 is par for the course for this show. 

Definitely could be worse. *looks at EJ*

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Ally and Johnnie are 23/24 now. Not that bad as far as SORASED kids. 

Isn't that how old EJ would be if he hadn't been SORASed? 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Shelle don't need Claire around to be rooted on the show honestly I tend to forget she's their kid at times because they've been involved in the drama of the rest of their family. 

However unless they break up I could see them leaving soon to make room for another couple on this show.

• Useful 2

Did anybody else read the fake article posted by an imposter, that Peter Reckle would possibly be reprising his role as Bo in the near future?

Sheesh, I had my hopes up for a second. Sort of, because in my mind it was only a dream sequence anyway I think he’s dead and gone for good. But anyway it turns out this was a fake account on Facebook. 

Yeah, I read Peter's social media response to the rumor so I knew it was bunk.

I think he could come back for a ghost appearance or something, but nothing major. He's over it, and thats fine. His last appearance was classy and great. 

• Love 3
On 8/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I think he could come back for a ghost appearance or something, but nothing major. He's over it, and thats fine. His last appearance was classy and great. 

This show's constant retconning of deaths, particularly death bed deaths, is just too much and I'm glad Bo is staying dead. Seriously, the constant implications that they want to "revive" Stefano in one way or another are extremely tacky and quite honestly offensive.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

the constant implications that they want to "revive" Stefano in one way or another are extremely tacky and quite honestly offensive.

Agree...especially since Joe is no longer alive. Let's just hope nobody gets the bright idea of doing a hologram, ala Whitney Houston.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MsTree said:

Agree...especially since Joe is no longer alive. Let's just hope nobody gets the bright idea of doing a hologram, ala Whitney Houston.

It'd be one thing if they had recast before Joe died, but given he played the role right until his death, and they keep using his image to invoke Stefano, so yeah, it's tacky as hell.

• Love 3

The man came to set to perform after losing full use of his hand. He came to set even if it meant reading off cue cards and sitting in a wheelchair. He came to set to film multiple "endings" for his character...!

And they STILL screwed it all up. And continue to!

Stefan-O?

Stevano?

...where's the damn respect?

• Love 12
On 10/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't realize he was gonna be a lead. Good for him! Maybe he can become one of their recurring features.

He can stand out, as well, because surprisingly they don't have a lot of blond male leads. It's basically just Trevor Donovan and Andrew W. Walker. Good luck to him- it's a good gig if you can get it.

Anyway, Dan F. is getting all beardy and hot and I'm loving it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQW_VEpmwY/

If this is what they're planning on NuEJ to look like, I'm down. Toootttally down.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
On 10/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't realize he was gonna be a lead. Good for him! Maybe he can become one of their recurring features.

If his movie does well he has a good chance; because I'm willing to bet that they're looking for some younger leading males.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/2/2021 at 2:33 AM, methodwriter85 said:

He can stand out, as well, because surprisingly they don't have a lot of blond male leads. It's basically just Trevor Donovan and Andrew W. Walker. Good luck to him- it's a good gig if you can get it.

Anyway, Dan F. is getting all beardy and hot and I'm loving it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQW_VEpmwY/

If this is what they're planning on NuEJ to look like, I'm down. Toootttally down.

Oh my, yes.  He looks incredible with a beard.

• Love 1