Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, buffynut said:

I just doubt she's staying on indefinitely

Why wouldn't she? It's not like she has anything else going on, and if she's enjoying herself, there's no need to leave.

• Love 3

I think it would be great if she stays, or does the come and go thing.  Ron's been hit or miss with the new characters he's created, IMO, but I really like Paulina and Chanel, and hope they will be permanent Salemites.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Why wouldn't she? It's not like she has anything else going on, and if she's enjoying herself, there's no need to leave.

What if she's excruciatingly bad?

😄

This show has really become a vehicle for mediocrity. Bad actors with no prospects? Terrific - here's a contract!

Lani/Rafe/Ben/Jackee are killing DOOL. (The writing too, of course).

Chanel no.2 has been good though. She can stay.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Ron's been hit or miss with the new characters he's created, IMO, but I really like Paulina and Chanel, and hope they will be permanent Salemites.

I love them both, too. Does anyone know of all the characters Ron has created?

Off the top of my head I can think of Paulina, Chanel, Charlie, Gwen, and Leo, all of whom I like/d.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone know of all the characters Ron has created?

Might be able to figure it out using this site:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Days_of_Our_Lives_characters

51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Off the top of my head I can think of Paulina, Chanel, Charlie, Gwen, and Leo, all of whom I like/d.

Doing a quick search in addition to the ones you listed, I see

Ted Laurent, Haley Chen, Stefan O Dimera / Jake

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Haley could've worked if she was written as more of a scammer instead of using her for some stupid immigration storyline. I actually would've paired her and Tripp for real. Then would've had JJ try to mess with Eve again after both of them bond over their mutual disgust over Ben being released from the insane asylum and allowed to walk amongst them.

Ted was ok though but rather forgettable for the most part.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Haley could've worked if she was written as more of a scammer instead of using her for some stupid immigration storyline.

Yea, if Haley had been a completely different character she could have worked. I don't know if the actress would've been good in that kind of role though.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, if Haley had been a completely different character she could have worked. I don't know if the actress would've been good in that kind of role though.

Yeah you have a point there but the character was ill conceived regardless of actress. 

• Love 2

When I scanned that list of characters and actors since Ron's taken over, I realized it wasn't so much the new characters he'd created that I disliked, but the terrible recasts, such as Robin Strasser and Linda Dano as Vivian, and Judith Chapman as Diana Colville.  So probably can't blame Ron for that. 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Meanwhile, I see a 3-way with Abe & TR. 

🤢🤢🤢

Oh God, the mental images...!!!

16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Then would've had JJ try to mess with Eve again after both of them bond over their mutual disgust over Ben being released from the insane asylum and allowed to walk amongst them.

Juicy idea!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It could also get cancelled.  But it's not about this one show.

More telling, though, is that she keeps getting quality work opportunities outside of Days.  She spent two seasons on High School: The Musical on Disney+.  She's on a mini series produced by reese witherspoon whose cast has people I've heard of.  Now she's booking a pilot.  She hasn't taken off but she's cruising on the runway.  Given her age, I don't see her disembarking to go back to the traveler's lounge. Nothing wrong with the lounge but  it's harder to get somewhere from there. Gotta get another ticket, go through security, there will be unanticipated delays.... So methinks she'll stay where she is unless she decides to do DOOL a solid and return for a quick appearance. 

So whether or not this show gets picked up isn't all that relevant in terms of ORK's decision making for the next couple of years, I'd assume.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She's on a mini series produced by reese witherspoon whose cast has people I've heard of. 

I googled this and I didn't know she was gonna be in Daisy Jones and the Six. IMDb says she's only in 2 eps but still. I'm excited for that show.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It could also get cancelled.  But it's not about this one show.

More telling, though, is that she keeps getting quality work opportunities outside of Days.  She spent two seasons on High School: The Musical on Disney+.  She's on a mini series produced by reese witherspoon whose cast has people I've heard of.  Now she's booking a pilot.  She hasn't taken off but she's cruising on the runway.  Given her age, I don't see her disembarking to go back to the traveler's lounge. Nothing wrong with the lounge but  it's harder to get somewhere from there. Gotta get another ticket, go through security, there will be unanticipated delays.... So methinks she'll stay where she is unless she decides to do DOOL a solid and return for a quick appearance. 

So whether or not this show gets picked up isn't all that relevant in terms of ORK's decision making for the next couple of years, I'd assume.

I agree with this but it could end just as easily as well if nothing materializes.  This industry is fickle to say the least.

• Love 4
On 3/12/2022 at 12:11 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree with this but it could end just as easily as well if nothing materializes.  This industry is fickle to say the least.

The last actual star this show launched was Jensen Ackles, and that was over 20 years ago. LOL All My Children, General Hospital, Another World, Guiding Light, and One Life to Live have better track records for launching primetime and movie stars.

I did really think Victoria Konefal was going to snatched up by the CW or Freeform at some point, but that didn't really happen and those networks are kind of just slowly fading away in any event.

If she's gone, maybe Ron could look up Kelley Missal? Ciara is so undefined as a character beyond her attachment to Ben that pretty much any decent actress in her mid/late 20's could reasonably play Ciara and put her own spin on it.

Kelley has been acting enough that she wouldn't be rusty like Jay Kenneth Johnson was, but not so busy that she'd be a hard "get." And she has the former One Life to Live thing going for her that Ron likes a lot.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The last actual star this show launched was Jensen Ackles, and that was over 20 years ago. LOL All My Children, General Hospital, Another World, Guiding Light, and One Life to Live have better track records for launching primetime and movie stars.

I still remember Kathleen Turner on a soap called "The Doctors" from many years ago.  That voice was just so unforgettable.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I still remember Kathleen Turner on a soap called "The Doctors" from many years ago.  That voice was just so unforgettable.

That was before my time, but I did read, once Turner left that soap, Kim Zimmer replaced her in her role. (Of course, post-big film career, KT returned to the small screen and - among other roles - went on to play Chandler Bing's (cross-dressing/gay or transgender (?) - never specified) father in Friends! And she did great!)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

If she's gone, maybe Ron could look up Kelley Missal? Ciara is so undefined as a character beyond her attachment to Ben that pretty much any decent actress in her mid/late 20's could reasonably play Ciara and put her own spin on it.

I love this idea! Somebody suggest that to Jamey Giddens so he can give the idea to Ron lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I never understood the show giving Vivian retcon children it makes her stealing Phillip incredibly pointless. Plus I didn't care for the Vivian recasts even though I enjoyed Linda Dano and Robin Strasser in other roles. I rather they just let Vivian live offscreen with Ivan or just be dead.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Any new word on the rumor about re-casting Hope?  I haven't seen anything in a while.

I know KA recently had a reunion with Bill and Susan , which always makes this Williams/Horton family fan happy :) 

But other than that I haven't heard a thing 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

I know KA recently had a reunion with Bill and Susan , which always makes this Williams/Horton family fan happy :) 

But other than that I haven't heard a thing 

Got a pic?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That is a beautiful picture 🙂

I realize it won't happen, but I'd love to see KA come back for a short storyline with BH and SH. No Cin, just vets tying things up.

If the show gets canceled and they put on a "last hurrah" type episode/story, I could see her maybe coming back for a few weeks.  If she's not filming something else, that is.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm not so sure. There's bad blood there I suspect. They celebrated Bo for the 50th at the expense of Hope's new start (Aiden) and it was all downhill from there: shooting Stefano, getting stuck with Rafe, prison, Gina, Cin...

She was the one who stuck around and yet she was treated worse. That's got to sting. And she said very firmly in interviews that she's done and not coming back, end of story. Probably to try and take back some dignity and control. I doubt her pride would let her come back after that.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the only way KA would return is if Days ends or Bill or Susan pass away. 

IA.  I don't think even Ron leaving would make her come back, though.  I think her issues are more than writing.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm not so sure. There's bad blood there I suspect. They celebrated Bo for the 50th at the expense of Hope's new start (Aiden)

But that "new start" was predicated on making Bo deadbeat trash, so I sort of like the karma there.

• Love 1

She was the one who stuck around and yet she was treated worse.

I don't understand how she was treated badly.   I like KA and I miss Hope but KA always had s story and airtime the last few years. She always promoted her pairing with GG too.  They just weren't popular. Not her fault since GG has managed to ruin all his pairings.  But KA got story. She may have been unhappy with the writing but I'd bet most of the actors hate the current writing.   Well, maybe DH loves it since Ron is her fanboy and she seems to have loved the devil SL

• Love 1