Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

WOW at Linsey Godfrey leaving!  Are there actually greener pastures somewhere during a pandemic, or does it really suck that much working on this Show?  

She recently explained that she has bipolar & BPD so there is some spec that perhaps she decided she needed a break. I don't think her statements reflect that though tbh. I'm figuring they are just trying to free up money or something. There's nothing to say they won't bring her back at some point imo.

• Love 2

Wow! my heart goes out to Lindsey, this is a woman who had an illness as a child and now has to face other illnesses as an adult. Life can be so damn unfair. I like Sarah and I wish she had had a better writer to give her some depth.  I hope she comes back and I wish her well.. 

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

What illness did she have as a child?

She had cancer and went through chemo 3 rounds but it was in HS. Later when she was on B&B in rl while walking on Rodeo Drive she was run over by a car and pinned under, it fractured her legs in a few places. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

She had cancer and went through chemo 3 rounds but it was in HS. Later when she was on B&B in rl while walking on Rodeo Drive she was run over by a car and pinned under, it fractured her legs in a few places. 

I forgot about her getting hit by a car, Yikes!

Filming a soap is insane. It's like 5 episodes a day or something like that now. I don't blame her for burning out. Marcy left apparently because she was burning out, too.

I'd be down though if they get Melissa Archer to replace her as Sarah. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What illness did she have as a child?

LG was also a victim of molestation from her stepfather. In addition, a "seemingly-nice" school classmate forced on her but she escaped before things went further.

Edited by Guest
13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Filming a soap is insane. It's like 5 episodes a day or something like that now. I don't blame her for burning out. Marcy left apparently because she was burning out, too.

Marci Miller is on maternity leave.

• Useful 1

I wish the show either wrote off EJ/Sami HEA back when both actors left or let EJ stay dead instead of the convoluted mess of EJummy(Mummy EJ)

However that part is too late so if they want to continue Ejami a recast had to be done since JS isn't going to ever return or they're wrapping up a loose end where they kill him off and since its not the OG EJ. The Ejami fanbase might not be so mad?(their logic not mine)

I liked EJ just not with Sami. He's at least believable in heading the Dimera family than Chad/Stefan/Jake are....

Makes me wonder if the Daniel Goddard rumor was really true and he refuted it to keep a lid on it.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish the show either wrote off EJ/Sami HEA back when both actors left or let EJ stay dead instead of the convoluted mess of EJummy(Mummy EJ)

However that part is too late so if they want to continue Ejami a recast had to be done since JS isn't going to ever return or they're wrapping up a loose end where they kill him off and since its not the OG EJ. The Ejami fanbase might not be so mad?(their logic not mine)

I liked EJ just not with Sami. He's at least believable in heading the Dimera family than Chad/Stefan/Jake are....

Makes me wonder if the Daniel Goddard rumor was really true and he refuted it to keep a lid on it.

I liked EJ until he raped Sami and was threatening to hurt her family namely Belle and her son Will.  His torture of Steve sealed my hatred of him.  I cannot get past Stefano sending EJ to rape Sami in order to produce a child with her. I think it is just wrong that Roman/Marlena share grandchildren with Stefano.  The man who destroyed their lives as man and wife with their twins..  As a Roman/Marlena fan that has always stung that they have that commonality with Stefano. I feel the same way about Kim and Shane having that with Victor.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I liked EJ until he raped Sami and was threatening to hurt her family namely Belle and her son Will.  His torture of Steve sealed my hatred of him.  I cannot get past Stefano sending EJ to rape Sami in order to produce a child with her. I think it is just wrong that Roman/Marlena share grandchildren with Stefano.  The man who destroyed their lives as man and wife with their twins..  As a Roman/Marlena fan that has always stung that they have that commonality with Stefano. I feel the same way about Kim and Shane having that with Victor.. 

On paper that commonality would've provided years of stories back in the day but instead its been reduced to mere afterthoughts that added very little dramatic impact in the grand scheme of things.

I do think that EJ was good up until that point then he should've just been portrayed as an all out villain which I felt for the most part he was except where Sami was concerned.  I liked EJ with everyone except Sami that was my biggest problem with the character.  I don't like it when rapists are paired with their victims.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

On paper that commonality would've provided years of stories back in the day but instead its been reduced to mere afterthoughts that added very little dramatic impact in the grand scheme of things.

I do think that EJ was good up until that point then he should've just been portrayed as an all out villain which I felt for the most part he was except where Sami was concerned.  I liked EJ with everyone except Sami that was my biggest problem with the character.  I don't like it when rapists are paired with their victims.

EJ should have been the catalyst for Sami and Carrie forging a real sisterhood after years of acrimony.   EJ's obsession with Sami mirrored her own with Austin's.  There should have been a murder mystery with EJ being killed perhaps Sami takes the fall for Carrie believing that she had done the deed after finding her unconscious with a dead EJ at her side..  EJ should have been Tony's son and not Susan's son with Stefano.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

EJ should have been the catalyst for Sami and Carrie forging a real sisterhood after years of acrimony.   EJ's obsession with Sami mirrored her own with Austin's.  There should have been a murder mystery with EJ being killed perhaps Sami takes the fall for Carrie believing that she had done the deed after finding her unconscious with a dead EJ at her side..  EJ should have been Tony's son and not Susan's son with Stefano.

I would've gone for EJ being the son of Tony/Anna(which is less absurd than him being Stefano/Susan's kid). I don't get why this show gave Chad two kids but Tony, Andre, Peter etc never had any children of their own out there. Would've solved a lot of problems and spared us these retcon Dimeras nobody asked for. They could've made Chad, Stefan etc kids of Tony or Andre.  I wish the Dimeras disappeared entirely as their mystique died with Stefano.

However we shouldn't be surprised by this if Sami was sticking around long term EJ would have to be addressed at some point. Either he's sticking around with her or they part ways.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would've gone for EJ being the son of Tony/Anna(which is less absurd than him being Stefano/Susan's kid). I don't get why this show gave Chad two kids but Tony, Andre, Peter etc never had any children of their own out there. Would've solved a lot of problems and spared us these retcon Dimeras nobody asked for. They could've made Chad, Stefan etc kids of Tony or Andre.  I wish the Dimeras disappeared entirely as their mystique died with Stefano.

However we shouldn't be surprised by this if Sami was sticking around long term EJ would have to be addressed at some point. Either he's sticking around with her or they part ways.

Chad should have been EJ's son with Susan who is attracted to the dark side to Susan's chagrin..

EJ being Tony and Anna's son would have been marvelous.  The show also forgot that Stefano has 6 older brothers who could have had children and grandchildren.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

EJ being Tony and Anna's son would have been marvelous.  The show also forgot that Stefano has 6 older brothers who could have had children and grandchildren.  

I always just assume that Stefano got rid of all of his brothers because he didn't want to share and only kept Andre alive because he was useful. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would've gone for EJ being the son of Tony/Anna(which is less absurd than him being Stefano/Susan's kid).

That whole Graceland wedding storyline in summer '97 was my introduction to Days and I have never been able to get over EJ being a baby when I was 11 and then somehow 27 when I was 20.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

That whole Graceland wedding storyline in summer '97 was my introduction to Days and I have never been able to get over EJ being a baby when I was 11 and then somehow 27 when I was 20.

Well....Dr. Rolf WAS making his baby food.  

Probably out of actual babies.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
On 3/18/2021 at 1:35 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Nothing against Melissa Archer, but I despised Natalie Buchanan on One Life to Live and Serena was offensively boring. I'd rather another actress be recast as Sarah. 

This would never happen, but my dream Sarah casting was Becky Herbst/ Liz Webber General Hospital. 

On 3/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Personally, I'd rather the show keep EJ/Sami married but keep EJ off-screen. Sami is a much more interesting character solo, and EJ just isn't an interesting character.

• Love 2

EJ has.a lot of story he could do, his return to the Dimera mansion and take over from the joke of children running the business like Gabi and Jake is much needed.

His relationship with Kristen, Chad, Tony, the hate from the town, Lucas etc... I think there's more to tell from EJ side than the same old  joke of Sami doing same neurotic plots over and over. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Nothing against Melissa Archer, but I despised Natalie Buchanan on One Life to Live and Serena was offensively boring. I'd rather another actress be recast as Sarah. 

This would never happen, but my dream Sarah casting was Becky Herbst/ Liz Webber General Hospital. 

Personally, I'd rather the show keep EJ/Sami married but keep EJ off-screen. Sami is a much more interesting character solo, and EJ just isn't an interesting character.

Well I don't think its too absurd for RH to ever join Days with Franco now dead this show will give Liz even less airtime or may write her out entirely. Sure Cameron is around but I wouldn't put it past the show to think he's better off without the only parent he's ever had. Course if Days gets cancelled then this won't matter.

I do think that was the plan with EJ/Sami but AS is choosing to stick around long term if that's the case then that has to be resolved one way or another.  Recast or breakup.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2021 at 7:33 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I loved Natalie Buchanan; but Serena was pretty awful (although I mostly blame the story). I think that Melissa Archer would've been a great fit as Sarah.  As Serena, she had chemistry with  Eric and Xander as well as Nicole.  I also think that with Melissa Archer as Sarah, the cutesy portrayal might not have happened.

• Love 5
On 3/27/2021 at 7:33 PM, 4evaQuez said:

That would be interesting. Does Becky still look young for her age? I no longer watch General Hospital..

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 3:59 PM, drtslim said:

I loved Natalie Buchanan; but Serena was pretty awful (although I mostly blame the story). I think that Melissa Archer would've been a great fit as Sarah.  As Serena, she had chemistry with  Eric and Xander as well as Nicole.  I also think that with Melissa Archer as Sarah, the cutesy portrayal might not have happened.

I too loved Natalie but her existence bothered me so much since we saw Jessica's birth on the show. Natalie should have been Tony Lord's daughter.  Natalie could have still hated her cousin Jessica for living the life she felt was owed to her and in time would have formed a strong bond with her aunt Viki to Jessica's horror.  You don't need to mess with the show's history for a new character.

Melissa Archer should have been Sarah Horton and I would have hired Bree who played her sister Jessica on One Life to Live as Noelle Curtis.  Sarah's half sister via Neal Curtis her biological dad that she hated for coming between her adopted father Mickey and Maggie.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

That would be interesting. Does Becky still look young for her age? I no longer watch General Hospital..

Yes. However, they finally aged Cameron to a teen. I think Becky would work so well with Maggie, she has literal decades of experience being a heroine connected to a founding core family, and I could see her working well with Philip, Chloe, Brady, Sami, Xander, Belle, Shawn, etc. She is age appropriate, but she also looks young enough that Sarah could realistically get pregnant and avoid a Marlena  situation.

• Love 4

Time to right this wrong and cast Melissa Archer as Sarah Horton.

I mean look at her and Suzanne Rogers. They could easily pass for mother and daughter and Melissa is actually the appropriate age to play Sarah.

2016+Daytime+Emmy+Awards+Arrivals+74aimdEe0jox.jpg

melissa-archer-21.jpg

• Love 3