Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

On 12/6/2020 at 8:07 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I wouldn't say they had a thing he was her drug dealer(and Brady's) he wanted sex in exchange for drugs basically. Regardless people brought up a good point this show has JJ loyal to his sister so they would never have him involved with anyone that Abby disliked. 

He was involved with Eve who didn't care for Abby but she messed with Jennifer more tbh.

I see what your trying to say, but I don't think that is a positive for his character.  He won't mess with anyone who doesn't like his sister so he has a sexual relationship with his ex girlfriend's mother/ enemy of his mother. 

2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I see what your trying to say, but I don't think that is a positive for his character.  He won't mess with anyone who doesn't like his sister so he has a sexual relationship with his ex girlfriend's mother/ enemy of his mother. 

Actually what I'm saying is the show would never let JJ be disloyal to Abby but if the roles were reversed Abby wouldn't think twice. Its one sided really.... However I also can't imagine this version of the character sleeping with Eve either JJ has changed so much since then in those days he wasn't that close to Jennifer he resented her a good while for her relationship with Daniel and dumping him at boarding school after Jack's "death" . 

• Love 2

The one and the same she used to be on AW as Lily Mason way back when before she ended up as Sondra on 227. 

I love Jackee but I don't share her enthusiasm as Ron is still the writer and Days isn't great with minority characters(or anyone else tbh)

7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I love Jackee but I don't share her enthusiasm as Ron is still the writer and Days isn't great with minority characters(or anyone else tbh)

Her announcement talked about how Days is so well known for its diversity.  😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The one and the same she used to be on AW as Lily Mason way back when before she ended up as Sondra on 227. 

I am happy for her but Days is not good with minorities and neither is Ron..  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

A love interest for Abe is my guess. And maybe the daughter will try to steal Eli from Lani..?

I'd be stunned if either woman gets to start something up with someone who wasn't also black. Maybe we'll get lucky and Roman will date a fabulous AA woman.

I have no familiarity with Jackee...but she's already giving me Sherri Shepard vibes. Tell me she's got more to offer, please.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think it depends on what you don't like about Sherri Shepard?  A lot of her personal life stuff annoys me about her. But I've found her funny in some projects she has been in like Trial and Error.  I miss that show.

Jackee has a lot of charisma.  I fear the story but I look forward to seeing her.  It does make me wonder if they're going to try to do comedy.  That's mostly where I know her from.  She can deliver comedy. This show can't write comedy.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Her announcement talked about how Days is so well known for its diversity.  😄

She probably just saw that headline about Eli/Lani's wedding and went with it lol.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Her name is Paulina and she will be in story w black characters. 

SHOCKING!

• LOL 2

Same! LOL

Sorry but I've never seen her in anything and from the interview clip where she announced the gig, she seemed bubbly-ish like Sherri....but I find Sherri a bit annoying and hostile and one note. Hopefully this lady has more up her sleeve.

• Love 1

I too like Linda Dano but why must Ron bring another crazy woman back on the show..  Louise Sorel is the only Vivian in my humble opinion, if she cannot reprise the role then leave Vivian alone.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I too like Linda Dano but why must Ron bring another crazy woman back on the show..  Louise Sorel is the only Vivian in my humble opinion, if she cannot reprise the role then leave Vivian alone.. 

Amen! 

Especially with a known seasoned actress like Dano, create a new character for her.  Not doing so just points to the lack of talent on the writing staff.  Recasting a notable character like Vivian who Sorel has established is always a big miss.  This is just one more reason to make one of my 2021 resolutions be to stop watching this show. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Amen! 

Especially with a known seasoned actress like Dano, create a new character for her.  Not doing so just points to the lack of talent on the writing staff.  Recasting a notable character like Vivian who Sorel has established is always a big miss.  This is just one more reason to make one of my 2021 resolutions be to stop watching this show. 

Ron is at the helm and his lack of talent is evident everyday..

• Love 4

Trying to recast Vivian is just as unimaginable as trying to recast Felicia Gallant especially since neither actress ever really did anything to make viewers want them to exit their respective roles. 

• Love 6

Someone tag me when Linda/Jackee share scenes now would be a good time to have Stephen Schnetzer reprise his role as Julie and Hope's brother Steven Olson. However they don't care about the Horton men so...

That being said I wish LD played someone other than Vivian as well. How about if she played the mother of Jake or Stefan you know the person that raised them.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

Someone tag me when Linda/Jackee share scenes now would be a good time to have Stephen Schnetzer reprise his role as Julie and Hope's brother Steven Olson. However they don't care about the Horton men so...

I would kill for SS to be on here! I would even be ok with a new character. I follow Linda on instagram and I remember she posted she saw him not too long ago he looks like he hasnt aged a day.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

Trying to recast Vivian is just as unimaginable as trying to recast Felicia Gallant especially since neither actress ever really did anything to make viewers want them to exit their respective roles. 

Ding ding ding!

I love Linda Dano, but this is a no, no.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

I would kill for SS to be on here! I would even be ok with a new character. I follow Linda on instagram and I remember she posted she saw him not too long ago he looks like he hasnt aged a day.

Some of The Another world actors used to meet once a year for brunch/dinner and catch up.  I have always noticed the soaps in New York were always super close on and off the set.  Some of them still remain in contact with each other till this day.. I never get that same vibe with the LA soaps..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

I was just watching old Another World clips and now I'm sad because Linda having to play campy Vivian 3.0 is going to be trash.

She deserves so much better.

I thought Louise's last appearance was a suitable enough sendoff, with Ivan.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Well the article does say he's getting a story with Sami and Allie in March. Will the story be any good? Very doubtful.

Yes but knowing Days I could see that story they're referring to as the current storyline being dragged out till March 2021.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
50 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes but knowing Days I could see that story they're referring to as the current storyline being dragged out till March 2021.

Can't Lucas get a woman who only has eyes for him who will get along with Kate and not get sidelined by Hurricane Sami.  

Lucas' best chemistry on the show other than Sami was Cassie who turned out to be his long lost sister.  It was always short-sighted to have made her Kate's daughter with Roman..  That chemistry was smoking and filled with so much possibilities for both Lucas and Cassie. 

Also, Lumi sharing siblings was always so wrong in my opinion.  The same goes for Carrie and Austin. Salem is so "incestuous" because the writers believe everybody has to be related in order for the audience to accept them...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Can't Lucas get a woman who only has eyes for him who will get along with Kate and not get sidelined by Hurricane Sami.  

Lucas' best chemistry on the show other than Sami was Cassie who turned out to be his long lost sister.  It was always short-sighted to have made her Kate's daughter with Roman..  That chemistry was smoking and filled with so much possibilities for both Lucas and Cassie. 

Also, Lumi sharing siblings was always so wrong in my opinion.  The same goes for Carrie and Austin. Salem is so "incestuous" because the writers believe everybody has to be related in order for the audience to accept them...

Well there was Sheryl who only had eyes for Lucas then Kate just ruined that relationship for no reason when she told Sheryl that Lucas got close to her because Kate asked him too(but he genuinely cared for her). I'm a bit surprised the show never was interested in bringing her back considering she was friends with Ben/Jordan. They had chem and I liked them she even got along with Sami.  Of course they would get rid of her.

I also liked Lucas/Cassie and making them siblings was pointless as Kate barely acknowledges Rex/Cassie I will never understand why this show gave her so many kids after Phillip it should've stopped. 

Rex/Cassie should've been Orpheus's kids instead not Zoey/Christian however as you said everyone has to be related the problem with that its pairings are limited and there are fans who still don't care regardless. I mean Marlena wasn't connected to a core family(except by marriage to Roman and even then they created a whole family for him after the fact).

• Love 3

Well there was Sheryl who only had eyes for Lucas then Kate just ruined that relationship for no reason when she told Sheryl that Lucas got close to her because Kate asked him too(but he genuinely cared for her). I'm a bit surprised the show never was interested in bringing her back considering she was friends with Ben/Jordan. They had chem and I liked them she even got along with Sami.  Of course they would get rid of her.

I also liked Lucas/Cassie and making them siblings was pointless as Kate barely acknowledges Rex/Cassie I will never understand why this show gave her so many kids after Phillip it should've stopped. 

Rex/Cassie should've been Orpheus's kids instead not Zoey/Christian however as you said everyone has to be related the problem with that its pairings are limited and there are fans who still don't care regardless. I mean Marlena wasn't connected to a core family(except by marriage to Roman and even then they created a whole family for him after the fact).

Rex/Cassie should have been Orpheus children coming to Salem to seek revenge on Roman for killing their mom, Marlena for abandoning them as kids even though she owed them nothing since she was kidnapped by their dad and John for killing their dad.. 

The show used to be really good at introducing new characters:

Marlena came to town to help Mickey  who was struggling with his sanity, giving her a connection to a beloved character without having biological ties.

Victor came to town and had a connection to Caroline and Sean since they had gone to high school together. People forget that Victor and Sean used to be friends as young men. 

Kate came to town to help Victor with Titan and had known Marlena as young lady. Plus, she had had an affair with Bill years ago.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

I love Louise Sorel but I'm curious to see what Linda Dano will do with Vivian.  I don't recall ever watching Dano being as shamelessly OTT as Robin Strasser can be, so I'm open to the possibility of her making some interesting choices.  

It is amusing that some actors/actresses aren't even given the benefit of the doubt before their scenes air.  It reminds me of some organizations chastising movies based on subject matter before the films are released for public viewing.  

• Love 3
On 12/9/2020 at 8:05 AM, DisneyBoy said:

A love interest for Abe is my guess. And maybe the daughter will try to steal Eli from Lani..?

I'd be stunned if either woman gets to start something up with someone who wasn't also black. Maybe we'll get lucky and Roman will date a fabulous AA woman.

I have no familiarity with Jackee...but she's already giving me Sherri Shepard vibes. Tell me she's got more to offer, please.

Doubt that . Since 90% of all black characters have to have a connection to Abe ,I expect her to play Karen Carver ,Abe Carver's sister.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:04 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I was just watching old Another World clips and now I'm sad because Linda having to play campy Vivian 3.0 is going to be trash.

She deserves so much better.

I thought Louise's last appearance was a suitable enough sendoff, with Ivan.

Exactly!!!!

Hopefully ,she is returning to reveal that Stefan/Jake are frauds concoted by her and Andre in order for Andre to take control of DiMera Enterprises by usurping Chad via his puppets Stefam/Jake , with Stefan actually buying into the con and wanting to take everything for himself after both vivian and andre died. Perhaps Jake is just a continuation of this plot after Stefan died. .

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Rafael said:

Why not cast Linda Dano as Susan Martin ,Julie's one time BFF turned mortal enemy ? 

I like that idea only if Denise Alexander couldn't do it. Anyone know if she's still acting?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

I like that idea only if Denise Alexander couldn't do it. Anyone know if she's still acting?

Plus Susan  murdered David Banning's dad ,David Martin , in the Martin House . I think Susan was married to David Martin and they had a son named Dickie Martin ,who was killed in some accident caused by David Martin and then  Susan shot David Martin dead. 

Eli is David Banning's son and David Martin's Grandson  and Eli now owns the Martin House courtesy of Grandma Julie . 

This pretty much writes itself . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2020 at 8:45 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I'd also like to wipe out the retcon twin birth....but that'd get pretty convoluted. I'd settle for Jake leaving the mansion and eventually the show, and Viv only being played by Louise....or retired.

Easy just reveal that  Stefan /Jake are con -artists and fake DiMeras and the whole thing was a scam concoted by Vivian Alamain and Andre DiMera .

This is the best way to Un-DiMera these charisma /gravitas  challenged clowns .

Now why would Vivian tag team with Andre to carry out this Stefan/Jake scam ? 

The only plausible reason that I can think of which could compel Vivian to tag team with Andre would involve Jonesy's treasures .

Steven "  Jonesy" Jones was that old man Vivian briefly married back in 1998 . He died while they were in the middle of doing the nasty . 

She thought he was super rich because he supposedly owned a townhouse and all its treasures only to turn out that Jonesy was a caretaker of the townshouse and that it actually belonged to Stefano who registered the townhouse under Jonesy's name in order to get the feds off his back . After Jonesy died ,Vivian inherited the townhouse and all its art treasures and so on. And stefano was horrified and tried to get them back by trying to romance Vivian but she wasnt interested and only had eyes for Victor .

Then Rolf gave Stefano some weird tooth device which controlled Vivian's behaviour and stefano used it to get her to marry him so he could reclaim those treasures. And then he plotted to kill her and the plot kinda failed and Vivian realised what was going on and she quickly divorced Stefano  because she feared for life . Stefano gave her the  townhouse and some cash to buy her silence .

I can see her still being raw about it and wanting " Jonesy's" art  treasures because they were still registered under him and she was married to him and even inherited them but stefano mind controlled her into marrying him and  giving them up. 

I think this is the best way to explain Vivian's motive for helping Andre concot this whole "Stefan/Jake long lost DiMira " kids nonsense. 

As for Andre , his motive is quite simple. 

Stefano forbade him or legally prevented him from getting any piece of  the legit DiMera businesses like DiMera enterprises because Stefano was still angry that andre murdered Renee and Benjy , andre would feel that he is Stefano's eldest son and so should still be in charge of everything from the legit businesses to the goon squad . 

So Andre comes up with the Stefan plot to usurp Chad and take charge of the legit businesses through his puppet Stefan . 

Andre and Vivian would have the motive to tag team after Vivian approaches Andre circa 2016 about getting back Jonesy's treasures now that Stefano was dead and the convo then progresses to Vivian realising that Andre was angry that Stefano snubbed him from inheriting the legit dimera businesses by the way he says Chad's name with disdain .

Plus Chad would have inherited Jonesy's "treasures "  

Then the two of them realise that they can work together to get what they want by creating the Stefan scam and that the banks Stefan supposedly owns are actually owned by Nicholas Alamain.

Andre and Vivian both die later on and Stefan has nobody to report to and fully immerses himself into his role as Stefano's long lost son and enjoys the privileges that comes with being a DiMera. Stefan then dies .

And then a now alive Andre ,after recovering from being brought back from the dead by Rolfs magic potion  activates the Jake scam as a form of continuation of the Stefan scam...

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

And also lets not forget that Susan Martin had a daughter named Annie Peters.  She was born in 1973 onscreen . 

Linda Dano as Susan and then Jessica Collins as Annie Peters . That would work .

Plus jessica herself was born in 1971 so the age of the character and actress align perfectly. 

Infact Annie's conception is similar to that of Mike Horton . Her mum was married to  Dr .Greg Peters and then while drunk in the park a man supposedly raped her and it turned out to he Eric Peters ,brother of Greg . But Eric claimed it was consensual .

Infact ,I believe after a stint in a mental institution ,she left Salem with Eric and Annie. 

images (4).jpeg

Edited by Rafael