Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

Oh GOD. Again, I made the mistake of entering the hell that is CIN twitter. I think I lost some brain cells. I wanted to see if there was anything about a final airdate for VK. Couldnt find anything but there is an interview with RSW. He tells the new SOD he would prefer they dont recast Ciara, at least not right away, that he respects she wants to try different things. Soooo the translation for that means they aren't recasting and basically means they already know VK will be back soon, that the secret return story is already written 🙄 I wonder if they think RSW is so valued that his opinion is what sticks.

• Love 2

I don't see the point in a Ciara recast regardless because the show hasn't done anything to make the character standout since she was aged. Besides you could pair Ben with a mannequin and it wouldn't make a difference. That's how worthless Ciara is as a character and its sad because I expected more for Bo/Hope's daughter.

The last time she stood out was when Lauren Boles played her.

• Love 4

If KA were sticking around, I could see them recasting Ciara.  But with Hope not being around, it'd be hard to re-establish that character with a recast.  Adult Ciara has very little identity beyond being Hope and Bo's child and Ben's love interest.  Neither of her parents will be around come fall and she hasn't been the latter for very long.  Being someone's love interest isn't really an identity.  Hell, even Ben has more of an identity. 

• Love 7

Can't we get Johnny or something? This show desperately needs an early 20's hunk. No one fits that bill right now. Although knowing this show, they'll forget Johnny is Allie's twin and bring back a 15-year old.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I'm happy about her return, but hate the idea of a miracle baby. Gabi already has one kid she never sees or spends time with. And Jake isn't a real DiMera. Her getting pregnant again would undo the repercussions of what Abigail and Stefan did to her, essentially letting them off the hook. I don't want that.

Which of course means it'll probably happen.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm happy about her return, but hate the idea of a miracle baby. Gabi already has one kid she never sees or spends time with. And Jake isn't a real DiMera. Her getting pregnant again would undo the repercussions of what Abigail and Stefan did to her, essentially letting them off the hook. I don't want that.

I wouldn't be surprised but I hope they don't go there I wish a soap would have a character who can't have a baby not give them a miracle pregnancy 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I wouldn't be surprised but I hope they don't go there I wish a soap would have a character who can't have a baby not give them a miracle pregnancy 

Like Lucy on General hospital and her inability to have natural children gave her depth in my opinion.. 

How about a woman choosing to not have children because she does not want them.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Can't we get Johnny or something? This show desperately needs an early 20's hunk. 

Wasn't there a rumor ages ago that they were bringing Johnny on? I feel like there was even a rumored actor. He was like early teens. Nothing makes sense!

26 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

How about a woman choosing to not have children because she does not want them.

Fat chance!

LOL to Gabi coming back so soon. She's one of the few characters that can consistently entertain me so good news.

• Love 7

It sounds like the rumors that she decided to leave but changed her mind might have been true.  I'm glad she's back.  Gabi and Jake tend to be a highlight of the show for me these days and I do think having her conflicted over whether or not she's falling in love with Jake for Jake or because he looks like Stefan could be a good story.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Yeah how long did the show actually film before it was shut down once she was finished? it sounds like she left due to the rumored paycut and while the production was shut down she changed her mind.

Days has a 7-8 month gap . They have new episodes till Mid October. My guess is that she'll last air on Aug 28th but she'll be back on screen sometime in mid October. 

• Useful 4
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I do think having her conflicted over whether or not she's falling in love with Jake for Jake or because he looks like Stefan could be a good story

Warning: it won't be.

On a better show, sure.

40 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Huh? Did he have a full body blood transfusion when we weren't watching?

I mean that I don't accept him within the clan. My ears are blocked, my eyes are closed and I'm repeating "lalala" until he's out of the DiMansion.

I don't hate BB, but Stefan, Jake, Paul and Summer do not fly with me.

• LOL 2

I was fine with Stefan for a while because he actually felt like a Dimera. Not whatever Chad is running around doing. I wonder if Gabi takes Gabichic with her or if she just leaves it. Also hope they bring her back a little calmer. I liked when no one knew she was scheming, leave the bull in a china shop to Sami.

• Love 1
On 8/17/2020 at 2:04 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Stefan is dead so he's pretty much already off the hook. And, Gabi pretty much let him off the hook when she decided their nano second relationship equalled him being the love of her life and decided Stefan never really did anything that terrible, including rape.

but her getting pregnant would not be a miracle pregnancy. From what I remember Kayla didn't say it was 100% she would never have a kid and she also told Gabi she should get a second opinion, which Gabi never did (It's possible I missed something since I don't always pay attention to Gabi stuff and she did when she got the DiMera money, but I don't remember that.) It was one of the many things I found idiotic about her revenge plot since she didn't really know for sure she couldn't have kids again. 

I loathe Gabi and am pissed she'll be back - and there'll only be a short break away from her.

• Love 5

If they decided to tie Hope's exit to Rafe before, now it's really going to be ridiculous. Her happily-ever-after is reconnecting with him off screen, and then he comes back to Salem without her three weeks later🤣

We really need an exterminator to get rid of some of these awful characters. They keep coming back!

• Love 6

That interview Ken Corday gave to TV Guide, he only singled out Hope, Eric and Ciara's exits which makes me think those are the three that are pretty solid right now. He probably knew at the time of the interview that CB and GG were already back.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

🤣

We really need an exterminator to get rid of some of these awful characters. They keep coming back!

Ben is right there, too, the perfect man for the job.

• LOL 8

I hate to even post this, but I saw discussion on the DR site about another possible return. I don't think they think it's happened yet, but by bringing a certain dead character back as a love interest for Nicole, there would be no issue with kissing / love scenes.  I won't even post his name, but, for me anyway, his return would be a million times worse than Rafe.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I hate to even post this, but I saw discussion on the DR site about another possible return. I don't think they think it's happened yet, but by bringing a certain dead character back as a love interest for Nicole, there would be no issue with kissing / love scenes.  I won't even post his name, but, for me anyway, his return would be a million times worse than Rafe.

OMG NO! 

Pleasse NO! Yes, 100% TANiel is worse than Rafe..which means its probably happening 🤢

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, nilyank said:

If Daniel is not dead, then Kayla really needs to be fired from the hospital. As far as we know, Brady received Daniel's heart.

Oh come on, this is Salem.  It's not like he actually needs a heart anyway.  Look at Jack.  He doesn't have ANY of his internal organs and he seems to be doing just fine.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4