Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, buffynut said:

The same thought ran through my mind.  😨  

Buffynut, I need you to wash your mind out with soap and water and PROMISE you'll NEVER think such things again.  

The very idea is horrifying.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

Buffynut, I need you to wash your mind out with soap and water and PROMISE you'll NEVER think such things again.  

The very idea is horrifying.  

LOL.  I"ll do my best. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Would they possibly bring SC back as Eric Brady?

I'd LMAO if this happened. I don't care for Ericole so this won't bother me as much but I see them doing a Stefan/Jake thing with SC before that happened.

40 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'd LMAO if this happened. I don't care for Ericole so this won't bother me as much but I see them doing a Stefan/Jake thing with SC before that happened.

I'm a fan of both Ericole and Cin, so having half of each couple leaving the show is depressing enough for me, but if they brought SC back as Eric, I think I'd lose my mind !!!  

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4

I just don't see that happening when SC was his own character that most people didn't forget (due to most fans hating him for being forced down our throats). 

Oddly enough before Days I was a big fan of SC from his ATWT days.

• Love 2

I recently watched the Alan Locher Days episode with SC and AZ and Alan sort of joked about Daniel coming back.   Shawn laughed it off and talked about how he comes back for April Fools episodes.   I've been watching old ATWT episodes for the past couple of months now and his character, Mike, just showed up.   Was he ever young and so handsome.  He was very good in that role.     

• Love 3

Yes I enjoyed him as Mike Kasnoff but I was one of the few that liked Mike/Carly over Jack/Carly as well as other PT roles he had.

Then he came to Days and I ended up not being as much of a fan. He still seems like a chill dude but Daniel just ruined everything.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
On 8/19/2020 at 10:26 AM, howmanywords said:

OMG NO! 

Pleasse NO! Yes, 100% TANiel is worse than Rafe..which means its probably happening 🤢

Well on the bright side, think of all the jokes just waiting there for Jack to make.  It could be comedy gold!

Didn't he coin the phrase "Dr. Orange?"  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by domina89
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, domina89 said:

Well on the bright side, think of all the jokes just waiting there for Jack to make.  It could be comedy gold!

Didn't he coin the phrase "Dr. Orange?"  🤣🤣🤣

Probably I remember when JJ first came on he used to refer to him as Dr. Feel Good etc. I miss when he hated Daniel it was fun and sadly short lived.

• Love 6

I think this is a wise move. If they bring her kids back to town, and just leave EJ in the hands of Susan overseas or whatever, I think this will bring some viewers back.

But they have to mix it up a bit. Every week can't be people yelling at Sami for screwing everything up.

At least this gives me faith Nicole will have something to do, because with Allie, Sami and Nicole staying on the canvas, I can see this arc continuing for some time.

But yeah, we need Sydney, Johnny and Lucas now.

• Love 10

Now I'm starting to wonder if they will resurrect the Rafe/Sami pairing with KA not returning the show is going to try and pair Rafe back with his other ex-wife. 

Sure Lumi seems like the logical choice but

1) Is Lucas sticking around?

2) If so does the show see him as a leading man to pair him with Sami? I doubt it. They view Rafe this way despite how he's never done anything of significance his entire stint on this show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Now I'm starting to wonder if they will resurrect the Rafe/Sami pairing.....

Meme Reaction GIF

I love this sloth.

Edited by lb60
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Unless EJ is returning somehow if Sami is sticking around her options will probably be Rafe or Lucas. I lean towards Rafe since this show doesn't care for Lucas much.

Unlike most characters on Days, Sami doesn't need to be in a relationship to drive story. And in the case of Rafe and Lucas, Sami had to spend years carrying them to give them storylines.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Unless EJ is returning somehow if Sami is sticking around her options will probably be Rafe or Lucas. I lean towards Rafe since this show doesn't care for Lucas much.

Duck Reaction GIF

Hahahahahahaha!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Unlike most characters on Days, Sami doesn't need to be in a relationship to drive story. And in the case of Rafe and Lucas, Sami had to spend years carrying them to give them storylines.

I agree she doesn't have to be in a relationship to drive a story but on Days it seems they only care about writing for a character if they are in a pairing. Most who aren't end up getting shown the door...

• Love 3
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think Lucas could have driven stories if given the chance but the show does not care about him. I do agree with you about Rafe. Kate, Hope, Nicole, Sami, Carrie were all used as props to bolster Rafe and he is still worthless..

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Now I'm starting to wonder if they will resurrect the Rafe/Sami pairing with KA not returning the show is going to try and pair Rafe back with his other ex-wife. 

If AS is back for a year, I would be shocked if they didn't give her some romantic scenes.  I guess they could recast crispy fried EJ, but I hope not because he has been dragging Sami down for years.  I would much prefer Lumi to reunite (I said before this Allie storyline seems like it could easily lead to them having an affair), but unfortunately I can see them putting Rafe back with Sami.  Why else would they bring Rafe back after he left, especially if KA isn't coming?

If Sami does hook up with Rafe, we should take bets on how long until she's pregnant lol.  He's desperate for a kid and she's a fertile myrtle - they'll probably end up with triplets.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

So, I'm guessing with Allie back, we know who is raising the baby.... it's has to be Allie.  Right? Or Sami and Allie fights her for custody.  

Messy.

I don't like Nosey Nicole around Sami so this is not great.  And Sami DOMINATES the scenes when she's in them.  

I do think this is indicative of an uncertain TV industry.  And that's probably why AS is giving a whole year.  

In other news:

- It's clear the new casting model is come & go.  Now Brady & Kristin are back.  Seems to me this is a turbulent story period as they figure out this new model.  Some stories will work out well but others are a hard transition IMO.  IRL People don't come and go like this.  The elder crowd will be okay -- they go off to visit so & so... But younger set who have actual 9-5 jobs, they will just be missing in action I think.  

Final note: if @QueenSerena is still reading -- THANK YOU a 1000 times. It's been great having all the heads up and you will be sorely missed.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

If AS is back for a year, I would be shocked if they didn't give her some romantic scenes.  I guess they could recast crispy fried EJ, but I hope not because he has been dragging Sami down for years.  I would much prefer Lumi to reunite (I said before this Allie storyline seems like it could easily lead to them having an affair), but unfortunately I can see them putting Rafe back with Sami.  Why else would they bring Rafe back after he left, especially if KA isn't coming?

I always wanted Lumi to have had a one night stand after Will was "killed" to deal with their grief, resulting in a pregnancy.  A full circle moment for Lumi, given how they conceived Will all those years ago.   It really showed how callous the show was when Will died.  We never got any meaningful scenes between Lumi, Kate/Sami, Sami/Marlena, Kate/Lucas even Marlena/Lucas would have been awesome.  Not to mention Austin and Carrie coming back. Will was such an integral character on the show..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Is @QUEENSERENA quitting the show?  

She is.  We're losing her as soon

Spoiler

as we see the last of Sonny and Will.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2
On 8/25/2020 at 8:16 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

Brandon/Nadia dated in real life.

Not quite what I heard but 🤐

On 8/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Silver Raven said:

I wonder if she's going to hook up with Philip.

The last time she did, it was with so much attitude that it didn't seem Shawn could ever take her back. Claire's original storyline was about wanting her parents to get back together, but instead they would just bicker at Belle's bar / law firm.  I remember being very impressed with one of the episodes where they tore into each other. Martha and Brandon's performances were great but it was pretty sad. The fact that they're together now is kind of remarkable. I don't even think they're married right now. If the show decides to have Belle lust after Philip again, nothing short of Shawn cutting her out of his life completely would make any sense. Guy's got to have some dignity...

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Not quite what I heard but 🤐

Nadia and Brandon were living together as a couple.  We saw them doing just that on the reality show, Dirty Soap.  Nadia's mother wasn't too crazy about him, apparentky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'll try not to roll my eyes too hard at "good story" but its nice to see him sticking around as there needs to be more Hortons and I like him.. maybe Kate will focus on her actual kids instead of Chad.

I just am afraid I will regret him sticking around knowing this show they'll probably pair him with Bonnie..

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Considering how close the show is to ending, Sami and Lucas finally reuniting would be a really good story for them both. The next time they leave the canvas they can do it together.

That's kind of the way it always has been even when they're not together.  I don't think it's a coincidence this is coming out just after we found out AS is going to be around a while once filming resumes.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

With so many jumping ship, I could see the show casting some actress as a new love interest for Rafe as there are so few women for him to ruin...I mean, date. Assuming he doesn't gravitate to Sami and she is involved with Lucas in some form or fashion.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Considering how close the show is to ending, Sami and Lucas finally reuniting would be a really good story for them both. The next time they leave the canvas they can do it together.

Congrats to BD.

Sure on paper it seems like the obvious choice but I'm sure many thought BB's return would mean they would actually write Stabi as an item and well we all know how that ended. 

Judi Evans is back as Bonnie and they're teasing her and Justin because you know its the same thing as Justin/Adrienne except its not😒

Sure they announced BD's return but they also announced GG's and AS's right after... this show doesn't see BD as leading man material if they did we wouldn't have had Rafe in the first place. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

how bout no GIF

12 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Seriously, with BD sticking around I demand a Lumi affair! 

old man no GIF

Hahahaha!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Seriously, with BD sticking around I demand a Lumi affair!  Can this show actually do something soapy for once and have ex-lovers with 25 years of history bond over their shared Allie/Billy Bob Horton drama, then hit the sheets for a steamy affair.

Nope.

Cannot stand Lucas. Even more so when he is written as a love interest. He never worked for me with any of the pairings they gave him because almost every time, he was the second choice/consolation prize.

• Love 2