Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I was once a huge fan of NLG, going all the way back to her Santa Barbara days, but the more I see of her on Twitter, the less respect I have for her. Whatever John Callahan's issues, a daughter has JUST lost her father. It's BEYOND bad taste to bring this shit up.

Even worse when you consider the man is not here anymore to defend himself.

I just...what the hell is the matter with her?!

As an aside, I know John Callahan is now remembered more for his AMC role, but his Craig Hunt on Santa Barbara (pre-AMC/Edmund Grey, obviously!) smoldered. And sadly ironic is that his character was once in a triangle with Roscoe Born's Robert Barr for the affections of Kelly Capwell, and now both men are gone.  😞

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that she can be VERY OTT (even though there's a LOT I agree with her on)...but I also think she has a point here, even though she's saying it as someone who (it sounds like) is merely speaking secondhand (which DOES make it seem more tasteless than if it was a victim themselves/on something that had been reported before) . For women who have been abused, especially by men who are famous, that's all they can think of when their names are brought up. It's why I didn't blame people for being uncomfortable with all the praise that Kobe Bryant got after his death...I cannot imagine being the woman who claimed he raped her, seeing all the love and support he got, knowing how many people didn't believe her or would try to sweep that story under the rug, and make women (and it was mostly women) who brought it up feel like they were evil. I totally understand that the tragic death of both him and his daughter complicates the narrative considerably, and this is the first time that I've heard anything like that about JC, but I just...I don't know. This is something I feel so strongly about, I can't help it (and Mackenzie Phillips didn't bring up her father's abuse until eight years after his death; she just wasn't ready when he was alive). And whenever I hear people say "now is not the time" or "why didn't they say something before"...well, in some cases people DO say something before, or try to say something later on, and they are STILL criticized for bringing it up it all. It becomes a no-win situation that seems designed to silence women, even though I certainly don't think that's everyone's intention (and definitely not you personally!). So while NLG herself/what exactly she brought up raises some questions based on her past behavior, at the same time, I get the spirit of it, too. 

But I realize I've gotten this WILDLY off topic, and I don't want to cause any trouble/get in trouble/get you or anyone here that I like and respect so much mad at me, so I'll stop here. Carry on, everyone! 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, UYI said:

But I realize I've gotten this WILDLY off topic, and I don't want to cause any trouble/get in trouble/get you or anyone here that I like and respect so much mad at me, so I'll stop here. Carry on, everyone! 

No, @UYI, it's fine! I get your point, too. And death does not erase questionable actions. I guess I just question NLG's timing and the manner of which she posted this. It just struck me as extremely tasteless.

But, like you, I will end this here. Everything has basically been covered.  🙂

Back to your regularly-scheduled GH press/media talk!

• Love 4

My difficulties with NLG is that her way is the only way. She doesn’t seem to ever admit or even consider the possibility that what she thinks may not be the truth or the only way to see a situation. I am as intelligent and educated and experienced and world traveled as she is but hold very different beliefs. I would never totally discount her beliefs but would assume that she has researched and considered the issues. I would hope and expect that she would grant me the same respect. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It just struck me as extremely tasteless.

Because it was. She deleted it, so obviously with her extremely highly touted IQ, she realized it herself. People want to go on about how “there’s a right time for everything and/or there’s never a right time” but I’ll go out on a limb and say the second someone drops dead isn’t a good time out of respect to the real human beings who are left behind dealing with their own shock and loss. That can be a general consensus, no? 

• Love 7

The story about the initial pairing of Sonny and Brenda is showing up all over my newsfeed. Apparently, it's one of the things covered in Benard's book. Here's one article about it: https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/maurice-benard-reveals-sonny-and-brendas-general-hospital-beginnings/

One quote from MB that I found interesting -- and very telling -- was this: "In the beginning I told my friend Vanessa it wasn’t working for me. She could’ve told me to go to hell, but she chose to work her ass off, because she was so determined. I was very proud of her and the rest, as they say in show business, ‘is history.'”

Am I wrong, or is he saying that Vanessa did all the work? If so, then he's unwittingly made it pretty clear that he's always been a tool. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I can’t remember it verbatim but he wrote something similar in his book about when he first worked with Laura Wright so I think he lacks a lot of self-awareness. If his ego was already that big when he first started working with VM, I can only imagine how huge it got a few years later when he became a lead. I don’t really get it. MB seems to be pretty well-liked by his costars so maybe I’m missing something with him but he’s always come off as arrogant to me. 

• Love 8

I've always found Mo graceless in things he says about female co-stars. I was no fan of Tamara Braun's Carly, but I remember him saying when she hadn't been in the role long that "if she can give me 75 percent of Sarah, I can make it work" (emphasis mine). I thought it was shitty. She was a young actress in a difficult spot, and her leading man essentially presented her to the public as a weight he might be able to drag uphill if everything lined up just right.

He also once blind-itemed either Angel Boris or Lisa Vultaggio, depending on who you ask, in an interview, talking about how he got paired with someone who didn't work for him, and so he just played dead until he got out of it. I guess they failed to give him 75% of Vanessa.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Because it was. She deleted it, so obviously with her extremely highly touted IQ, she realized it herself. People want to go on about how “there’s a right time for everything and/or there’s never a right time” but I’ll go out on a limb and say the second someone drops dead isn’t a good time out of respect to the real human beings who are left behind dealing with their own shock and loss. That can be a general consensus, no? 

Yeah, I worried that I went too far in this case. Obviously this is something I care very much about, but seeing how NLG did it out of nowhere (and now knowing she deleted it)...you're right. My bad. 🙂

Anyway, moving on:

11 hours ago, rur said:

The story about the initial pairing of Sonny and Brenda is showing up all over my newsfeed. Apparently, it's one of the things covered in Benard's book. Here's one article about it: https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/maurice-benard-reveals-sonny-and-brendas-general-hospital-beginnings/

One quote from MB that I found interesting -- and very telling -- was this: "In the beginning I told my friend Vanessa it wasn’t working for me. She could’ve told me to go to hell, but she chose to work her ass off, because she was so determined. I was very proud of her and the rest, as they say in show business, ‘is history.'”

Am I wrong, or is he saying that Vanessa did all the work? If so, then he's unwittingly made it pretty clear that he's always been a tool. 

The quote that Vanessa said that Mo used when they first started working together was this one: "You're cute, but you suck." She said this in the Lifetime Intimate Portrait episode about her life in 2003. She says that actually motivated her to do better and work harder, but dude...you played Nico Kelly on AMC and Desi Arnaz in a biopic before you joined GH, you weren't classically trained in Shakespeare! And even if he was...what the fuck, man? 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I've always found Mo graceless in things he says about female co-stars. I was no fan of Tamara Braun's Carly, but I remember him saying when she hadn't been in the role long that "if she can give me 75 percent of Sarah, I can make it work" (emphasis mine).

Now that's interesting, because IIRC he actually helped save her job when she first started in 2001, as JFP was thinking of letting her go early on. Maybe I heard the story wrong, I don't know.

And of course, his defense of poor Jennifer Bransford did nothing to save her from the axe, so his power only goes so far, I guess. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, UYI said:

The quote that Vanessa said that Mo used when they first started working together was this one: "You're cute, but you suck." She said this in the Lifetime Intimate Portrait episode about her life in 2003. She says that actually motivated her to do better and work harder, but dude...you played Nico Kelly on AMC and Desi Arnaz in a biopic before you joined GH, you weren't classically trained in Shakespeare! And even if he was...what the fuck, man? 

SHE sucked? This stutterbarking, mumbling arsehole? He can just FUCK OFF. All he had going for him was those dimples.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

SHE sucked? This stutterbarking, mumbling arsehole? He can just FUCK OFF. All he had going for him was those dimples.

And not only that, but when he was interviewed for the same special and that quote was relayed back to him, he said he wasn't sure if he said THAT...but he didn't really deny the overall sentiment. Classy. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, UYI said:

And of course, his defense of poor Jennifer Bransford did nothing to save her from the axe, so his power only goes so far, I guess.

She was badly miscast, IMO. It was right to let her go.

• Love 7
On 3/31/2020 at 1:36 PM, dubbel zout said:

She was badly miscast, IMO. It was right to let her go.

Agreed, it's just interesting to see when TPTB actually make the right decision even if someone they otherwise value considerably like MB vocally disagrees with them (especially since this during was the JFP/Guza/Pratt years). 

Now, it could have easily been an ego thing for MB, a way to have a screen partner who wouldn't overshadow him in terms of either popularity and/or acting ability the way VM or SJB could (the latter in particular in both categories), but it's still interesting to me regardless of his motivation behind it. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Does MB realize that he's not a good actor? It's hard to tell with people who seem so narcissistic.

On 3/29/2020 at 2:45 PM, UYI said:

And whenever I hear people say "now is not the time" or "why didn't they say something before"...well, in some cases people DO say something before, or try to say something later on, and they are STILL criticized for bringing it up it all. It becomes a no-win situation that seems designed to silence women,

That is what I got out of it too, that it had been repeatedly reported, possibly by people younger than his daughter, and the powers running the show/studio ignored it. That part should not be ignored.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, rur said:

Am I wrong, or is he saying that Vanessa did all the work?

I took it as him saying that SHE had to improve to be able to keep up with his oh-so-excellent skills and that she improved her game to the point where King Mo approved. 

Tool.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does MB realize that he's not a good actor? It's hard to tell with people who seem so narcissistic.

That is what I got out of it too, that it had been repeatedly reported, possibly by people younger than his daughter, and the powers running the show/studio ignored it. That part should not be ignored.

Yep.  That was the big thing to me too.  That really struck me.  It's another instance of these what I consider to be, highly mediocre men, being protected by the powers that be.  Matt Lauer also comes to mind.  I have no problem with what NLG said.  I don't care what anyone thinks about it.  that's too bad. 

• Love 5

That seems a reasonable way to stretch the episodes. It would be nice if the flashback episodes went back more than a year or two, but I suppose then you run into problems with paying people who are no longer on the show.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That seems a reasonable way to stretch the episodes. It would be nice if the flashback episodes went back more than a year or two,

And weren't Sonny/Carly/Jason-centric.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, UYI said:

Now that's interesting, because IIRC he actually helped save her job when she first started in 2001, as JFP was thinking of letting her go early on. Maybe I heard the story wrong, I don't know.

Re: the 2001 situation, there's no real conflict there. He may have backed Tamara Braun over Angel Boris, deeming her (accurately) the one with more potential, but it wouldn't stop him from publicly condescending over her greenness and positioning himself as the veteran doing the heavy lifting. 

I think Benard does like working with less experienced actors because they're apt to be deferential and he can take charge of the scenes. An example: When Chad Brannon was new, their first scene together was Zander getting a visit from Sonny in lockup. They were sitting on either side of a table. MB did an unscripted bang on the table with his hand, in combination with barking something like "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He did it to throw Brannon off his preparation and get a genuine startle response out of him, so the scene would be more "dramatic." An established actor would probably be pissed off at something like that. 

However, I've never really known how much to credit the story about Braun only being a short-term hire. At that time, there had just been big behind-the-scenes turnover, both executive producer and head writer, and a lot of info and spec were coming out of sites like SoapZone: story predictions, hirings and firings. Some things that got posted in those days became part of enduring lore, and it's hard to know if they had ever been solid info. 

His going to bat for Jennifer Bransford is definitely true, because I remember that one being well sourced. I agree with dubbel zout that she was fatally miscast. 

• Love 2

I know there's a sensible business, financial reason the repeats are so recent, but it's still a bummer.  And I'm not happy about Sonny again enjoying a scavenger hunt that ends in glitter GIVEN WHAT HE DID TO GAIL'S GRANDDAUGHTER WHY ARE YOU EVEN THERRRRREEEE!!!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

GIVEN WHAT HE DID TO GAIL'S GRANDDAUGHTER WHY ARE YOU EVEN THERRRRREEEE!!!

I've hated him since the "Karen" days and I've never forgiven him for what he said to her regarding her childhood sexual abuse--"You must have wanted it".

I was going to post about the Friday repeats, but I was beaten to it. I wish they would air actually classic episodes from the 60's, 70's, etc. Like how ABC aired classic episodes of all their soaps in the interim between The City's cancellation and Port Charles' premiere.

• Love 1

I hope she was a bit tipsy because I can’t get over her saying “there’s never a right time” and then admitting she hadn’t even thought about it in 20 YEARS. You’re really on top of it, Nance. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Nancy has a podcast and this week she's interviewing Maurice and Scott Clifton (though Mo does most of the talking). 

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/03/31/nancy-lee-grahn-talks-mental-health-during-pandemic-with-maurice-benard-scott-clifton

I just had such a brain fart moment where I was like, "That's weird, did Nancy somehow meet Scott when he was playing Schuyler on OLTL?" lol.  Oh brain.

On 3/31/2020 at 3:18 AM, Asp Burger said:

He also once blind-itemed either Angel Boris or Lisa Vultaggio, depending on who you ask, in an interview, talking about how he got paired with someone who didn't work for him, and so he just played dead until he got out of it. I guess they failed to give him 75% of Vanessa.

It was Angel Boris.  And it was obvious he was deliberately tanking scenes.

• Love 1

I still lean toward thinking it was Vultaggio. I remember him giving a specific length of time he was paired with the actress, and it was a longer period than Boris was even on the show, let alone a romantic possibility for Benard/Sonny. Angel's run from first appearance to last was a brief four months (June to October 2001). 

But, of course, it's impossible to say. He was speaking years after both women were gone.  

(edited)
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I still lean toward thinking it was Vultaggio. I remember him giving a specific length of time he was paired with the actress, and it was a longer period than Boris was even on the show, let alone a romantic possibility for Benard/Sonny. Angel's run from first appearance to last was a brief four months (June to October 2001). 

But, of course, it's impossible to say. He was speaking years after both women were gone.  

That had to be awkward once LV married JJ and he returned to the show in 2009! If I were JJ I wouldn't like having my co-star openly (or even not so openly) bashing my wife! 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

I always thought the public acknowledgement was about Angel Boris—that was the Summer of Sleaze, right? Everything was awful!—but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had problems with Lisa Vultaggio.

His treatment pattern of young women is rather troubling, IMO.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I always thought the public acknowledgement was about Angel Boris—that was the Summer of Sleaze, right? Everything was awful!—but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had problems with Lisa Vultaggio.

His treatment pattern of young women is rather troubling, IMO.

The Summer of Sleaze was in 2006--the succession of of one night stands between Lucky/Maxie (well okay, the ONSes that resulted from their affair), Ric/Sam, Jason/Liz (resulting in Jake), and Dillon/Lulu (well, that was somewhat more separate), complete with defective Enduro condoms. Angel was on the show in 2001. 

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 1
30 minutes ago, UYI said:

The Summer of Sleaze was in 2006--the succession of of one night stands between Lucky/Maxie (well okay, the ONSes that resulted from their affair), Ric/Sam, Jason/Liz (resulting in Jake), and Dillon/Lulu (well, that was somewhat more separate), complete with defective Enduro condoms. Angel was on the show in 2001. 

Because all of sudden ELQ were manufacturing condoms and everyone was using them, forgoing name brand ones, even Jason.

• Love 1

If anyone can find that quote of Benard's about the actress who gave him nothing, and he was in a chemistry-free pairing with her for [seven, eight, nine] months before he finally managed to get out of it, I'd love to re-read it. It can go to the "History" thread if we need to move this over there, since I know it's not current news. Not that there is much! 

I tried a number of phrase searches myself and couldn't come up with anything. I think he said it at an appearance in the mid-aughts. So it was definitely before Claire, either Kate, etc.  

I just remember a fan actually providing the date ranges for every possible actress people thought he could mean, and the conclusion was that if the number of months he gave was correct, and he wasn't misremembering how long someone had been there (e.g., four months of Angel Boris feeling like twice that), Lisa Vultaggio was the one who fit best. That also fits with reports of the Benard/Brown/Burton clique finding her subpar and one-note when they had to work with her a lot, before she got shunted to another corner of the canvas.

LV seemingly retired from acting when she married JJ. She hasn't had a role since Hannah.

(edited)

It was Angel Boris. He may well have BI’ed it about Lisa V., who he, Sarah and Steve apparently openly mocked, but he openly discussed tanking the Angel storyline at fan events in 2001-02. It was the failure of that storyline, and his and the audience’s major embrace of Tamara Braun instead (widely rumored to originally be a temp Carly to kill the character after JFP ran Sarah off the show), which heralded the swift demise of JFP’s reign with McTavish. And I was then and still am absolutely for that choice, and for Benard tanking the Angel story because it and Boris were both awful from Day 1. Was it unprofessional, perhaps, but it saved the show from Jill and Megan. A sign of other worse behaviors? Sure.

It is funny - not ha ha funny, more a sign of the boys club mentality - that Maurice apparently already had primacy over Vanessa in late ‘93, because by all accounts it was Riche and Labine who saved his job around then. I may be off on time, but IIRC the end of that summer he was just the recurring heavy in the Karen story with a magnetic presence and charisma to burn. Labine came in in mid-late August and set to using him in a bigger way, which led to S&B. Vanessa had already been reasonably in the mix for maybe a year. But he was apparently instantly throwing that weight around, even though his IRL issues led to him struggling to keep the job.

I don’t think Maurice is an evil guy. I do think he has an ego and clear preferences, and maybe worse depending on some stories of behavior (I should add I’ve never heard a Callahan/MeToo-type story about Maurice Benard, ever). It’s clear since Sarah left that he prefers romantic partners in weaker positions of power or talent. Tamara he helped mold, but when she rebelled, got her own fanbase and wanted more for the Carly character he distanced himself. He only got behind the Bransford recast bc she was wildly unpopular and therefore could be kept under his rein as no threat to him. And LW is too strong and seasoned a presence, which is why they were kept apart for a long time, but now all her story is slaved to Sonny. Anyway, IMO a lot of this is typical soap/tv actor self-protection bullshit. Tacky maybe, but much of it harmless and typical. The Vultaggio stuff or some of Sarah’s own allegations are another story.

Do we know what classics they’re showing?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I only know about the first one, and it's no classic in either quality or distance of time. It's the episode from last April 3. It deals with Dawn of Day, Shiloh, Kristina, Margaux, Cameron's legal problems, Oscar's medical problems. Bobbie and Liz have a heart to heart about Aiden's issues, with reference to Bobbie's experience with Lucas. 

Nothing I'm nostalgic to see again.  

8 hours ago, jsbt said:

Anyway, IMO a lot of this is typical soap/tv actor self-protection bullshit. Tacky maybe, but much of it harmless and typical.

Harmless to whom? I was as happy as anyone to see the Angel story end, but deliberately tanking a story is such a childish reaction. He put an actor out of work because of his ego. Ugh.

8 hours ago, jsbt said:

Do we know what classics they’re showing?

We're supposed to get one of the recent anniversary eps, I believe. Maybe not today, but that was mentioned somewhere.

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We're supposed to get one of the recent anniversary eps, I believe. Maybe not today, but that was mentioned somewhere.

Since the SLS is front and center all the time, and we're hack visiting when he was being fought over, what I wouldn't give to see the SheBeast dream episode, where Borg and Hannah were together and raising that SLS. Or Robin telling AJ he was the father.

Or Luke and Laura's remarriage, even if it was fake---it was an anniversary--25 years ago that we all saw that epic wedding.

And I also want a horsie.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
On 3/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, statsgirl said:

Probably not since everyone is constantly slobbering over how good he is and what a generous scene partner he is. They've pumped his ego so much, it's a wonder he's not floating somewhere over California.

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I only know about the first one, and it's no classic in either quality or distance of time. It's the episode from last April 3. It deals with Dawn of Day, Shiloh, Kristina, Margaux, Cameron's legal problems, Oscar's medical problems. Bobbie and Liz have a heart to heart about Aiden's issues, with reference to Bobbie's experience with Lucas. 

Nothing I'm nostalgic to see again.  

Ugh. That’ll save me 40-ish minutes. Even a nurses’s ball (minus Sabrina, of course) would be better. I could even handle a Carly-centric one if it was the episode with all three of the actresses.

Y&R is showing Victor and Nikki’s wedding from 1984 and the top Lauren is wearing looks a lot like the pink sweater Joss had on last week. 

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, jsbt said:

I don’t think Maurice is an evil guy. I do think he has an ego and clear preferences, 

Yes, and other actors build that up or are made to feel they need to be "good enough" to work with him. I remember an article about young Steve Burton's adoration because he thought Maurice was such a terrific actor and wanted to learn from him. As has been noted, he told young Vanessa Marcil "you suck" (or close to that) and that she had to get better as a scene partner. He has laughed about it/not denied that he said something to her about being a poor actress.  Maybe Burton has also learned about laziness from Benard? When he came back to GH while BM was playing Jason, he seemed to me to light up or at least be authentic and appear energized only in scenes with Kim McC and Becky Herbst.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Harmless to whom? I was as happy as anyone to see the Angel story end, but deliberately tanking a story is such a childish reaction. He put an actor out of work because of his ego.

Everyone hated that story, though. Everyone. If it wasn’t gonna go then it would go later and do worse damage before it was through. Benard wasn’t the first or last daytime star to tank bad or good story. I shed no tears for Boris losing her job.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maybe Burton has also learned about laziness from Benard? When he came back to GH while BM was playing Jason, he seemed to me to light up or at least be authentic and appear energized only in scenes with Kim McC and Becky Herbst.

That’s been Steve’s behavior since about 2003 - Kimberly, Becky, maybe Bradford Anderson or he’s already mentally back on the ranch. He’s far lazier than Mo IMO, who often tries and more often fails as a performer now bc he’s tired, overexposed and pushed past what he can now competently do. Only really good material makes him good now. Whereas Steve just doesn’t give a shit and hasn’t for years.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When he came back to GH while BM was playing Jason, he seemed to me to light up or at least be authentic and appear energized only in scenes with Kim McC

This has always been the case. No matter how shitty the writing (which, let's be honest, is the norm), but after Jason and Robin "made up" meaning, after her return in 2005, when Robin wasn't the Devil INCARNATE for having told AJ the truth, Steve always lit up and was more engaged in scenes with Kimberly. I swear, you could see his eyes just get more brighter.

• Love 3

Probably the wrong thread, but fuck it: Maura West attends the live ATWT reunion during the pandemic. This being Maura, she is drinking beer by the pool and though Martha Byrne (Lily on ATWT, Andrea Floyd on GH - see? topical) is incredibly dressed to the nines even while sheltering at home, Queen Maura just looks as over the current state of affairs as the rest of us. God bless.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This has always been the case. No matter how shitty the writing (which, let's be honest, is the norm), but after Jason and Robin "made up" meaning, after her return in 2005, when Robin wasn't the Devil INCARNATE for having told AJ the truth, Steve always lit up and was more engaged in scenes with Kimberly. I swear, you could see his eyes just get more brighter.

You just reminded me of how much I loved the progression of JnR after the AJ debacle. Like, it’s still surreal to me that we got an apology like not just, “Sorry.” But “YOU WERE RIGHT, SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT.” Still blows my mind. Who kidnapped the writers that day, I need to know, send them flowers and shit.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2020 at 6:29 AM, Camille said:

I was going to post about the Friday repeats, but I was beaten to it. I wish they would air actually classic episodes from the 60's, 70's, etc. Like how ABC aired classic episodes of all their soaps in the interim between The City's cancellation and Port Charles' premiere.

This is why I miss SoapNet. They used to do marathons of real classics, like when Alan tried to kill Monica and Rick or when Tracy withheld Edward’s heart attack pills while he lay on the floor begging. If ABC would show episodes like that, I’d be happy with having Flasback Fridays forever.

• Love 12