Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I saw a couple of her fans post that but don’t believe she would actually say that either. Even if she did, there’s no way she would follow through so I don’t think it would matter. She does get overly defensive about WR though. I don’t get why she feels the need to comment about the status and she doesn’t seem to realize that he doesn’t play a popular character. 

I get the impression from her SM that she's dickmatized.  She's not done making a fool of herself over this guy, watch 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I get the impression from her SM that she's dickmatized.  She's not done making a fool of herself over this guy, watch 

Agreed since FV's original explanation for hiring PLP  was tied to bringing TB back in the first place. 

6 hours ago, jsbt said:

The chances Wright would quit over [LWB] are less than zero.

Yeah, agreed, Wright's stayed alive in the soap game a long time and seems too shrewd IMO to do something stupid like that.  It's not like another soap she's known for is still around to jump back to.

Although I was reminded of some ridiculous quote of hers about literally weeping when she learned she and Roger Howarth weren't going to be paired anymore.  Like, girl...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, agreed, Wright's stayed alive in the soap game a long time and seems too shrewd IMO to do something stupid like that.  It's not like another soap she's known for is still around to jump back to.

Although I was reminded of some ridiculous quote of hers about literally weeping when she learned she and Roger Howarth weren't going to be paired anymore.  Like, girl...

I'd attribute that to her shrewdness. She knows that Frank thinks RoHo is great, so what better way to stay in Frank's good graces than to praise his pet.

• Useful 2
On 11/26/2019 at 10:38 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, agreed, Wright's stayed alive in the soap game a long time and seems too shrewd IMO to do something stupid like that.

If Laura Wright were to quit GH, that to me would be a sign that GH is going to be cancelled.  People at GL talk about how she picked up on the signs of it's impending doom and got out early.  I think that's the only reason she would leave GH.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

If Laura Wright were to quit GH, that to me would be a sign that GH is going to be cancelled.  People at GL talk about she picked up on the signs of it's impending doom and got out early. 

No shaky-cam scenes in the production office's restroom for her! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Her GL character, Cassie, was about to be paired with Josh. Wright knew what a character-destroying SL that was going to be - Josh's non-Reva women tended not to survive the Josh/Reva buzzsaw, and Cassie's sister Reva was her main connection to the canvas - and got the hell out. (Predictably, the pairing spelled doom for the recast, leading to the character being written off for good.) I'm not sure that there's anything on GH that would be comparable for the Carly character and thus prompt that type of reaction on Wright's part.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Agreed, even if another soap tried to pick her up, it likely wouldn’t be as big a role and I think being a lead is a lot more important to her than others. Add to that her career outside of soaps is almost nonexistent. She’ll be there until the end

• Love 1
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Like it or not, Laura Wright is the female lead on GH. I can't imagine her walking away from that when the show is still on the air.

I would miss neither the actress nor having to watch her character's deep affinity and support for these animals/criminals/SLIME who fill their days by killing, maiming, extorting, preying on the less fortunate, and meting out their own justice.  Of course it is Sam, who is sitting in a prison cell. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Her GL character, Cassie, was about to be paired with Josh. Wright knew what a character-destroying SL that was going to be - Josh's non-Reva women tended not to survive the Josh/Reva buzzsaw, and Cassie's sister Reva was her main connection to the canvas - and got the hell out. (Predictably, the pairing spelled doom for the recast, leading to the character being written off for good.) I'm not sure that there's anything on GH that would be comparable for the Carly character and thus prompt that type of reaction on Wright's part.

LW had a substantial fanbase by then at GL due to various pairings, and so I think she would've probably been the only character/performer who could've survived the Josh/Cassie story, or possibly elevated it. But I think she didn't want to play it, and also could see the writing on the wall for GL - she'd been there twice before with Loving and The City. She made a brilliant move to jump to an integral character on a marquee soap, and GH made a smart choice.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

It used to be a great choice. Now I just want to punch myself in the face when she snarls her lip or does her ha-ha laugh. It might be the toothless writing though that is emphasizing all her annoying tics.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Carly hasn't had anything new to do in ages. I thought LW did a very nice job with the spina bifida stuff while it lasted, but of course the baby (what is her name again?) is fine. Not that I want to see a special-needs-child story on this fakakta show, but the whole "scare" was pointless. As were the continual reminders that Carly was at high risk during her pregnancy and could stroke out at any moment. If only!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

It's probably another case of actors having too much say. There have been a couple of times since Jason's been back where Sonny didn't support or believe Carly, but Jason did. A brief affair would be logical in a soapy way, but I think the holy trio doesn't want that for their characters.

• Love 5

it certainly doesnt help that FV/writers seem to only want to write for the characters that the FV tenure has created....any legacy GH character just seems to be around to prop the new characters that have no real tie to GH.  aside from KeMo ... who they seem to write for but she seems to have no interest in being there so i don't understand that at all.

I know people complain about CarSon/Jason being on all the time.... but do they really have their own stories?  IMO they are just randomly shoved into other stories where it makes no sense in order to meet their minimums..

too bad GH didn't go for the CarSon/Jason triangle when Billy Miller was Jason...

i

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

A brief affair would be logical in a soapy way, but I think the holy trio doesn't want that for their characters.

I don't, either! I like that Jason has been steadfast in his refusal to ever sleep with Carly again.

15 minutes ago, makelemons said:

too bad GH didn't go for the CarSon/Jason triangle when Billy Miller was Jason...

Though if they were going to do it, I agree this would have been the time to go for it.

• Love 4

I don't think they write for KeMo at all, at least not since SBu came back. Sam is just a brainless bimbo making stupid choices so that Jason can save her. No wonder Kelly fought so hard for Sam to stay with Drew.

3 hours ago, makelemons said:

know people complain about CarSon/Jason being on all the time.... but do they really have their own stories?  IMO they are just randomly shoved into other stories where it makes no sense in order to meet their minimums

Mike's dementia, spina bifida scare, Dev, Shiloh and DoD, Sam in jail ... they have plenty of their own stories. It may seem like they don't because they're also in everyone else's: Jason saving Charlotte, looking up Jax's credit card, talking to Franco, Sonny going to Robert and Laura about Dante,  Carly finding out about Nik, and everyone talking to Joss about Oscar endlessly.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9
On 11/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I agree.

Plus, him being unemployed would just mean more time for him to read Ayn Rand to her while she's in the bathtub.

If someone were reading Ayn Rand to me while I was in the tub, I'd be tempted to go under and not come back up. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Am I the only one a little creeped out that a 5-year-old has an Instagram account? (I didn't like Nicolas Bechtel's account, either.) No? I'll scuttle off to my cave.

I'll take a seat in your cave. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’ve always thought it was weird even if it’s the parents running it. Especially after the old Danny actor stayed on twitter after his account was targeted by pedophiles

What!!

58 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What!!

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/crime-alert-child-soap-stars-horrific-twitter-experience/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It happened a few months back before the character was recast. Part of my issue with these accounts is that even though I assume they are being managed by the kid’s parents, it’s not super obvious when someone else is looking at them which can cause things like this to happen. I’m not sure what the benefit is for kids actors but there’s a reason that SM has age restrictions

I have to remind myself that Griffin wasn't "short term" the first time. He was there for three years, involved in a lot of stories, but he didn't make much of a mark, did he? It was funny when he had his last scene with Sonny and Carly and they weren't sure if he had said goodbye. Even his leaving town was ineffectual!  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Griffin’s ties to the show were shaky since Duke was already dead by the time he came on canvas. They should have made him Anna’s son instead of Peter. Making him another Sonny ass kisser was annoying so I wasn’t sorry to see him go

• Love 9

His return is pointless. He told Carly the GH docs are doing everything he'd do for Lucas. He could have done that in a one-way phone call. Is he here just to get Mike into the Swedish enzyme study? That didn't have to be Griffin. Though I guess it always has to be about Sonny. Ugh.

• Love 5

Carly asking Griffin to come back for Lucas and Mike is so out of bounds, stupid and Huh? I cannot for the life of me figure out who the hell is writing for these soaps and why they’re so inadequate. Wonder how much these writers make per annum? Hmmm.

• Love 2

This would only be interesting if, like, he had secrectly been in love with Lucas this whole time.  I recall I thought they might take things in a Kish direction when he came on as Lucas' pal from college.

But ugh, he's the worst kind of sanctimonious "good guy".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Lisa De Cazotte, who worked behind the scenes at GH: Night Shift (Season 2) as well as Santa Barbara, Passions, and finally, Y&R, has died at 58 after a long illness.

Jason Thompson, who worked with her both at GH: NS and Y&R, posted about it.

• Love 1