Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

There's a great quote from an interview in 2009 that NLG gave that shows how dedicated she's always been to daytime soaps. Obviously there were more of them even by then, but still:

Besides, primetime success ain’t what it’s cracked up to be. I have no regret about the decision I made. You can have a successful primetime series for five years and still find yourself out of work. It’s no guarantee. A while ago I was getting my nails done and I heard this other customer—an actress from primetime who’s maybe in her early forties—and she was saying to someone on her cell phone, “You know, things are so bad for me, I just might have to do soaps.” Like it was a last resort. Like she’d be slumming! I didn’t say anything. But I was thinking to myself, “You should be so lucky, bitch.”

THAT'S the kind of thing I'm looking forward to in her book. 😄 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You are soooooo behind! We figured that out in the episode thread yesterday!😜

That's what happens when one doesn't watch anymore! NuGuy is 5 years younger, though. Looks kind of like...Coltin Scott, IMO.

• Love 2

Kim had the sugar-daddy relationship with Clint that turned into something more genuine (to their surprise). She came on as a friend of Stacy Morasco, who was awful on every level, but we got the classic ho vs. mo showdown with Fish and Kyle.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kim had the sugar-daddy relationship with Clint that turned into something more genuine (to their surprise). She came on as a friend of Stacy Morasco, who was awful on every level, but we got the classic ho vs. mo showdown with Fish and Kyle.

Thanks, I do remember her as Stacy's friend. The rest, not so much. Sounds like good casting, but unfortunately the writing probably won't do her any favors.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

YAY! Setton was fantastic on OLTL as Kimberley Andrews. The writing on GH will let her down, as per usual, but I have high hopes.

Paging @TeeVee329!

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

LMAO right!

But fucking hell am I gonna have to start watching again? Dammit!

And, yes, paging @TeeVee329.

I'm here, I'm here!  Aw, you know me so well, that really makes me smile.

And obviously, this is very thrilling news for me.  Setton, after working steadily for a while, kinda disappeared so it's great that she's going to be back on my screen in any capacity (and looking great, based on that first-look photo).  And casting her as Brook, a character in need of some character rehab, sure, but who is definitely still viable versus making Setton some random nobody is a smart move and bodes well for this new regime IMO.

So I guess I'm now a Brook stan?  And anyone who's gotta problem with that can see Ms. Andrews about it.

giphy.gif&key=9521eb5e813fb724cc789d81b7

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Never saw this actress, but I read she has prime time chops besides OLTL, so good luck to her. (Still won't watch, though. LOL!) Hope Lucas and her friendship will be remembered, as it looks like he will need a friend sooner than later.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Even compared to GH, I find B&B very unwatchable.  Not that I'm blaming this script writer, but I haven't seen any dialogue or story that would make me want to add him to this mess.

He was responsible for a lot of awesome dialogue on GH from 96-98.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Aargh. To me, Brook Lynn was one of the all time most annoying characters. But it’s a new actress and a new writing regime, so I will consider this a new character with a familiar name and keep an open mind. At the very least, I hope she’s more intelligent than NuNik.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Amanda Setton got really big and really fast n OLTL. She totally eclipsed Crystal Hunt playing her BFF and became the forefront actress. She also got paired up with Jerry ver Dorn who played Clint. I think the reason she left so early was she was never on contract IIRCC. I think she’ll be a great addition to GH but I’m guessing it’s to be paired with nuNikolas. Two recast together isn’t my idea pairing, 

Were BL and Nik a real couple? During her last return, I just remember her trying to get in the middle of Dante and Lulu and that pretty woman/fwb stuff with Nik but didn’t think they had a real relationship. I was in an out during those years so I guess it could have turned into something more real before she left but I thought she was more of a spoiler for Liz and Nik. Regardless, they seem pretty set on Nikolas and Ava considering they tested all of the possible actors with MW so they probably have other plans for Brooke Lynn. 

3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Even compared to GH, I find B&B very unwatchable.  Not that I'm blaming this script writer, but I haven't seen any dialogue or story that would make me want to add him to this mess.

Patrick Mulcahey did awesome on GH in the mid '90s. Add to that his work helped Santa Barbara win Emmys, too, and I can safely say the mess at B&B likely lands squarely at Bradley Bell's feet.

It's apparent he did not inherit his father's talent. (I can say the same for Ken Corday at Days where his late parents are concerned, too. Ironically, Frank and Doris Hursley's daughter, Bridget Dobson, created time slot rival, Santa Barbara with her husband, Jerome. Not to mention wrote for, I think, ATWT before that. So maybe she was the exception to children not inheriting the talent of their parents...)

• Love 3

@ouinason that's what I guessed you meant. I'm not doubting that his dialogue might have been different on B&B; I'm sure the writers change the style a bit to fit each show. So on this version of GH his dialogue might be pretty dumb but it can't be worse than anything else.

@ffwbe they dated but it was very casual and pretty short.

Edited by ulkis
53 minutes ago, nilyank said:
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good for her. Here's hoping that means Sam is offscreen for a while. I need a break.

Not Kelly. Kim McC

LOL. Hello, old eyes! But that photo does look like it could be KeMo.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/days-lives-entire-cast-released-160818013.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

So much for Wally being put back on contract. Wonder what the show will look like if/when it comes back? 

I'll say this about that.  Frank, you best stay away from that parking lot.  Because scooping up some of these soap folks just because instead of having a plan, like they seemed to with the Nikolas and Brook recasts, would be a classic mistake of his.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Very sad. I hope he gets the help he needs...

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'll say this about that.  Frank, you best stay away from that parking lot.  Because scooping up some of these soap folks just because instead of having a plan, like they seemed to with the Nikolas and Brook recasts, would be a classic mistake of his.

Oh I can absolutely see him scooping up Kassie DePaiva for a quadrangle with Frew. 

• Love 3

Oh, Tyler. I had heard rumblings for a long time, but getting all the ugly details in one place like that, with that gruesome mugshot, is worse than I thought it could be.

I hope he can find some happiness and stability. It's hard when you remember someone as a fresh face.

Days shoots eight months in advance

This will never not amaze me.

And then there's this:

. This week, the soap is fast-forwarding the narrative by one year.

So does that put them in 2019? Heh.

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Same here. Poor TC. On a lighter note, Martinsville, IN, is close to where my mom grew up. I wonder what he was doing there. It's not exactly a hotbed of activity.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

On a lighter note, Martinsville, IN, is close to where my mom grew up. I wonder what he was doing there. It's not exactly a hotbed of activity.

Some of the reports say he was arrested near his "residence," and according to Wikipedia, he and his second wife do make their home in Indiana, even though his Twitter has his location as Los Angeles.