Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Didn't Kelly think she was leaving in 2007 too? Or at least, not certain? She got to run around snarking at Carly and Liz and hooking up with Greg Vaughan. Nothing to run to Frons about lol. As soon as she signed her writing improved.

• Love 2

What’s funny about Kelly is I believe she has said that SBu would talk to TPTB on her behalf. What some ppl fail to remember is this “problem” with SBu happened when he recently came back. They were very much on the same page during the height of JaSam, and she would absolutely use JaSam’s popularity to her advantage when it suited her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Didn't Kelly think she was leaving in 2007 too? Or at least, not certain?

Regardless, she got the writing the character of Liz constantly got, so who cares, lol? It was a long time coming. And it never happened again, sadly.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

What’s funny about Kelly is I believe she has said that SBu would talk to TPTB on her behalf. What some ppl fail to remember is this “problem” with SBu happened when he recently came back. They were very much on the same page during the height of JaSam, and she would absolutely use JaSam’s popularity to her advantage when it suited her.

I believe she even said "he saved her job." 

Just now, HeatLifer said:

Correct. 

Welp.  I tend to think KM doesn't care she has to work with him, no matter how the social media stuff with Billy comes across. It's all very very strange that's all I got to say.

2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Welp.  I tend to think KM doesn't care she has to work with him, no matter how the social media stuff with Billy comes across. It's all very very strange that's all I got to say.

I think it might be more simple than we think. As in, she grew close with Billy, so it upset her that the character he played was stripped from him, as well as the pairing they portrayed. To add insult to injury, they wouldn’t even allow them to share scenes or to play up a triangle.

• Useful 1
Just now, HeatLifer said:

I think it might be more simple than we think. As in, she grew close with Billy, so it upset her that the character he played was stripped from him, as well as the pairing they portrayed. To add insult to injury, they wouldn’t even allow them to share scenes or to play up a triangle.

Unless she says this, I have no use . Billy is gone and he said his goodbye, yesterday all she did make many believe he was fired.  

1 minute ago, Hater said:

Unless she says this, I have no use . Billy is gone and he said his goodbye, yesterday all she did make many believe he was fired.  

Maybe he was? I mean, we can be technical or not about it, but if they chose not to re-sign him, that’s basically saying they don’t care about having him on the show.

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Maybe he was? I mean, we can be technical or not about it, but if they chose not to re-sign him, that’s basically saying they don’t care about having him on the show.

I agree but that tweet was still crap imo.  Say it or don't say it at all.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Regardless, she got the writing the character of Liz constantly got, so who cares, lol? It was a long time coming. And it never happened again, sadly.

Yeah but my point was she didn't have to worry/care whether she was being thrown under the bus if she was leaving. And then when she did re-sign the writing was stopped villifying Sam, although the writing she got when Sam was being thrown under the bus was a lot more interesting than what she normally got. win win for her lol.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Weird that Steve Burton wasn't mentioned since he played Danny's father.

I was thinking that, but he's on twitter and BM isn't, so that could be why.

The dream emphasized in the post does seem odd to me, but who knows.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was thinking that, but he's on twitter and BM isn't, so that could be why.

The dream emphasized in the post does seem odd to me, but who knows.

TK had just a few very brief scenes involving SBu as Jason IIRC. For most of TK's time on the show,  Monaco and Miller played his parents and the scenes had some chemistry (which may be because Miller is great at playing a devoted dad).  The most glow-ey I've seen Monaco look in a scene that I can recall is when she was on a couch with Miller, TK as Danny, and baby Scout and they were talking about the future of Aurora.  I think she genuinely liked the little boy; he was probably pretty easy-going. Contrast that with the first scene of re-cast Danny with his parents. Monaco as Sam half hugs the kid and greets him (as a poster previously noted) like he's her favorite waiter at a restaurant. Burton's Jason was really awkward with TK and doesn't seem at all invested in the re-cast either.

The emphasis on Dream could also be a propping of "Dream" (Drew + Sam and the couple's fans)/a dig at Burton. As in, she and Miller really enjoyed playing a family with TK as Danny but then Burton came back to reclaim his character and ruined the good thing they had going.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I doubt BM was outrightly fired based on the rumor mill, but would guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Coupled with clearly not having much story for him, they probably tried to cut something like his pay if he re-upped his contract. From there, negotiations probably went sour, leading to a feeling that he was forced out. I could see it being similar to what happened in the Steven Nichols situation on Days where it's a mixture of disagreements based on storyline and money.

I think KM probably should stay away from posting about it either way on Twitter though. I wouldn't be surprised if she exits in the not-so-distant future.

• Love 1

I don't think KM is leaving, I would agree with someone above who said it seems like she wants to say something about what happened.  TBH, she has nothing to lose.  Nothing is going to happen to her if she so chooses to speak out on whatever.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Laur said:

I think KM probably should stay away from posting about it either way on Twitter though. I wouldn't be surprised if she exits in the not-so-distant future.

Fingers crossed. She's clearly not happy.... but I just don't see who would hire her for a steady gig. She cannot act... and it would be foolish to leave a paycheck.... 

I don't remember the scene in question, but I'm all for believing that Kelly Monaco seemed happiest and most contented when she was sitting on a couch.  It's so strange that the character's whole thing is supposed to be that she's a go-getter, a woman of action, a ride-or-die chick with a past filled with peril and scrapes, and the actress brings to her all the verve and dynamism of the background players in Mike and Yvonne's rest-home scenes.  

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Man, Fairman is in full-on fluff mode here, but Howarth actually comes off pretty good, I thought.

Same here.

There is definitely some UCG:

If this story is written well, 

Well, they're making it about Sonny, at the moment, so that train has sailed. Though given how we've complained in the past about everyone being in their own bubble, I suppose it's okay, especially since Jason is involved, and Carly needs to know everything going on in his life.

• Love 1

RoHo comes across as very humble and gracious. I like how he admits to hamming it up and that he's gotten notes to tone it down. 

But this? 

with the character of Franco, it took us a while to figure out who the guy was.

Um, no Roger it really didn't. Franco as originally written was a narcissistic serial killer. And he should never, EVER have been brought back. Honestly, I know it's been said before but they could have created anything for him. ANYTHING. From someone brand new, to Steven Lars or Tom Hardy. Instead, RC and FV chose FRANCO. And then tried every which way from Sunday to redeem him and make him a hero. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Man, Fairman is in full-on fluff mode here, but Howarth actually comes off pretty good, I thought.

Agreed. It really is a good way to keep the actor,  reset the character and deal with Franco's enduring unpopularity. I'd also be willing to bet that RoHo is going to be better at being Drew than BM was at being Jason.

Plus, "there is no Franco.  Franco is not around … Franco has left the building." 😍

• Love 2

Re: Michael Knight, I like the guy but I would rather have had CamMat because he'd at least give a hilariously awful performance. This will be a competent actor in a lame role and it will be lame overall.

• Love 3

Oh hell, no. I draw the line at Cameron Mathison. No way will I let him on this show or let him cross paths with Rebecca Budig again. Wasn't Rylee enough torture for everyone?

But agreed on this will be a lame role that no one wants or asked for.

• Love 4

I guess a check's a check for MEK, but...

In any case, I wish it would just say who he is playing. Tad from AMC? Someone new? Well, at least he will be reunited with a few former AMC co-stars in James Patrick Stuart and Maurice Benard.

Whoever he is, I bet he'll be stuck proppong Frank's pets...so. FrancoDrew propping seems like a safe bet.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I guess a check's a check for MEK, but...

In any case, I wish it would just say who he is playing. Tad from AMC? Someone new? Well, at least he will be reunited with a few former AMC co-stars in James Patrick Stuart and Maurice Benard.

Whoever he is, I bet he'll be stuck proppong Frank's pets...so. FrancoDrew propping seems like a safe bet.

I'd like to see him play a legacy character (Dr. Jeff Webber perhaps?) versus a newbie,  but knowing Frank, it probably will be someone like Shiloh's father. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Laur said:

I'd like to see him play a legacy character (Dr. Jeff Webber perhaps?) versus a newbie,  but knowing Frank, it probably will be someone like Shiloh's father. 

Funny, some on another site mentioned wanting him to be Liz's dad. But knowing this trash heap of a show, you're right. He'll be another nobody.

I saw the wishes for him to be Liz’s dad too. I would fine it weird now since she’s been in PC since she was 15 and neither of her parents showed up during any of her weddings or traumas. Plus they would probably make it more for Hayden than Liz

On 8/19/2019 at 2:54 PM, Sake614 said:

Instead, RC and FV chose FRANCO. And then tried every which way from Sunday to redeem him and make him a hero. 

Except they didn’t really try to redeem him. They just gave him an excuse in the form of a brain tumor. Just having him show a little remorse, even with the tumor, would have gone a long way in my eyes.

11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I wonder who they’ll have to ax in order to pay for this one? 

6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

In any case, I wish it would just say who he is playing. 

Maybe a recast Nikolas? Just kidding. (I hope.)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He's probably Helena's mystery man. Zzzzz. I like MEK, but I'm not sure GH is right for him, regardless of the character.

I was wondering that, if he's the mystery be-ringed Cassadine, and I think that would be woeful miscasting.

I like MEK fine, but I feel like that's an age group that doesn't need a new character, you know?

As for the Keeks return, I'm torn.  It is realistic that Ava is still grieving for Kiki, it hasn't even been a year and lord knows we have to hear about Morgan all the damn time.  But on the other hand?  Show?  It's just Kiki.  Nobody really cares.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was wondering that, if he's the mystery be-ringed Cassadine, and I think that would be woeful miscasting.

I like MEK fine, but I feel like that's an age group that doesn't need a new character, you know?

Oh wow, just thought about all of the current GH males who are 50+. You’re right, they’re overloaded in that age range

• Love 1

I'm going to unabashedly fangirl over MEK. Squeeeeeeee! 

He was my first soap crush. I cried when he fell off that damn bridge and "died." Until it comes to pass that they've messed up his part and story, I'm going to think happy thoughts and be, for the moment, glad to see him. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

As for the Keeks return, I'm torn.  It is realistic that Ava is still grieving for Kiki, it hasn't even been a year and lord knows we have to hear about Morgan all the damn time.  But on the other hand?  Show?  It's just Kiki.  Nobody really cares.

It's like the endless rendering of garments for Oscar. 

• LOL 1
On 8/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, ulkis said:

Re: Michael Knight, I like the guy but I would rather have had CamMat because he'd at least give a hilariously awful performance.

That brings back memories. I haven't thought about him in years, because I never had more than a few helpings of AMC from the soap buffet. (Back when there actually was a buffet.) However, I was around for the whole arc when Gillian died, and CamMat's portrayal of grief was making that electric-cattle-prod face while putting both hands behind his head and massaging the back of his hair. 

• LOL 2

I like Michael E. Knight but I'm afraid he'll get abused and misused like Billy Miller. Who will they try to pair him with? Ava? Albrecht? Monica? Bobbie? 

He was mentioned frequently on the Y&R forum as a partner for Tracy Abbott or Ashley which would've made sense because he had an established character there.

I have no faith in these writers. What else is new?

• Love 1

MEK would be WAY too young to play Liz's dad, given the current age of his original portrayer, Richard Dean Anderson. 

(Not that I see Jeff Webber ever coming back, anyway, no matter who would play him). 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, UYI said:

MEK would be WAY too young to play Liz's dad, given the current age of his original portrayer, Richard Dean Anderson. 

(Not that I see Jeff Webber ever coming back, anyway, no matter who would play him). 

I think MEK could pull it off.

• Love 4