Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What!!!!!

Under any other regime, I'd be thrilled. Like Dee Wallace, Veronica is a legend. But god!!!

We're finally gonna meet Obrecht's, uh, mom?

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

This show is the weirdest with casting sometimes.  Remember when they made a big deal about casting Shirley Jones for, like, two episodes as a woman who saw Franco in a graveyard?

Based on the picture of her with Ava/MW, I had to wonder if she's, somehow, Ryan and Kevin's abusive mother. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Based on the picture of her with Ava/MW, I had to wonder if she's, somehow, Ryan and Kevin's abusive mother. 

Not that it matters much on this show, but Ryan killed their mom, and it would be a bit much to have Ryan and their mom both be secretly alive after being presumed dead.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Aren't she and John relatively close in age? I never saw Aliens, but Cartwright was always the bitchy prosecutor who always seem to have an axe to grind in cases against Mike in L.A. Law.

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Not that it matters much on this show, but Ryan killed their mom, and it would be a bit much to have Ryan and their mom both be secretly alive after being presumed dead.

Have you forgotten what show you're watching? 😉

I have no doubt that whatever role Cartwright is playing, the "special, five-episode arc" will be a total letdown.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have no doubt that whatever role Cartwright is playing, the "special, five-episode arc" will be a total letdown.

Yep.  Five episodes is pretty short-term, so unless she's coming in as a character to tie up a storyline, I don't see how that's going to be in any way satisfying.

(edited)

#justiceformarypat

Maybe Ilene Kristen did something to make Frank mad and this is a Delia recast?

ETA...oh, and btw, I did recall that Kevin and Ryan's mom - does she even have a name? - is dead, but a lot of people on this show have been dead and then "dead", you know?  I just feel like the show wants to keep Ryan somehow, and reminding us of his abusive mother would be a predictable way to do it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Aren't she and John relatively close in age? I never saw Aliens, but Cartwright was always the bitchy prosecutor who always seem to have an axe to grind in cases against Mike in L.A. Law.

Cartwright was born in 1949 and Lindstrom in 1957 so yeah, she could totally play his mother.

Interestingly, they were both on the show Bosch although in different seasons.

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, bannana said:

He looks way better than most actors his age.

James DePaiva's the same age as him and he still looks good, too! Well, to me at least, his biggest stan on this site. 😉 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

GHFCW is still a thing? Wow. (Not being sarcastic. Truly haven't kept up!)

It is.

They have a con now too. It was last weekend. That lines FV's pockets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

It is.

They have a con now too. It was last weekend. That lines FV's pockets.

God forbid he puts that cash into the show's production values! But thanks for keeping me up to date.  😉

• Love 5

Drew is one of the only genuinely good characters on the show and I'd miss him, but the show doesn't know what to do with him since they refuse to allow him to even share scenes with Sam, never mind being friends or in a romantic relationship. He's been wasted dealing with Kim and Oscar.

• Love 15

I don't think Drew has been wasted with Kim and Oscar, but there is a whole lot more to him than them, and that's the waste.

But really, ever since it was announced that SBu was back, Drew's days were numbered. I'm impressed Miller stuck around as long as he did. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Drew has been wasted with Kim and Oscar, but there is a whole lot more to him than them, and that's the waste.

But really, ever since it was announced that SBu was back, Drew's days were numbered. I'm impressed Miller stuck around as long as he did. 

Me too.  Now the spec will be he returns to Y and R, and that would be good news, but I guess it is unlikely.

19 minutes ago, bannana said:

Me too.  Now the spec will be he returns to Y and R, and that would be good news, but I guess it is unlikely.

Depends.  YR did not care firing Gina for Michelle.  I say JT finishes his contract and Billy is there by December.

• Love 4
(edited)

I like how the show is looking to recast. I bet Drew has an actual storyline now and will be allowed to be around other people that are not Kim.

I really hate FV.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8

The only way I see Miller returning to YR is if the show completely retcons the characters history since JT took over. I just can’t see BM playing a character who slept with Summer, never mind had an affair and eventually a relationship with Phyllis. 

• Love 3
(edited)

This is a summary of the casting side titiled "Evan" which was the same exact side for what was put out for "Drew" in 2017 (Miller was rumored to be leaving back then as well)  according to someone who gets the sides.  It's a contract role:

Edit: I am glad Billy is gone.  This show is a lost cause for Drew and he didn't even want to be there....so whatever.  Move on with your career because GH ain't it.

Evan is arguing with his brother about sleeping with his wife on the side. Very vague but it sounds like they hate each other. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like how the show is looking to recast. I bet Drew has an actual storyline now and will be allowed to be around other people that are not Kim.

I really hate FV.

I think a lot of the non-story is due to Billy though.

51 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

The only way I see Miller returning to YR is if the show completely retcons the characters history since JT took over. I just can’t see BM playing a character who slept with Summer, never mind had an affair and eventually a relationship with Phyllis. 

I couldn't see JJLucky as having done the stupid crap GV did but I think the writers mostly pulled it off.

• Love 2

Losing Billy Miller makes me sad. Too bad TIIC valued the unwrapped mummy more than him. However, after that foolishness with Kim's elevation sickness and Oscar hallucinations I can't blame him for wanting out. What  a waste.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think a lot of the non-story is due to Billy though.

He definitely took outs and did whatever he wanted to, so yes it was half and half in terms of why Drew didn't get anything. 

I'm sure the recast if it happens will get more story and more scenes with Sam.

• Love 5
(edited)

Miller was doomed the instant Steve Burton got fired off Y&R. Sooner, really, because Steve was always going to come back. This is just a long goodbye.

Y&R has been desperate to get BM back since the day he left, including casting a wooden dude who looked old as hell for over a year as a transparent placeholder before they settled on JT. Miller will go back there.

Why either Drew or Nina would be recast would be beyond me if not for Frank's punitive behavior in the CBS casting wars of recent years, or the reaction any time someone dares to leave - where he keeps recasting despite no good reason for a character to continue or no investment (Jordan, T.J., etc). Cynthia Watros is great and I will watch her scenes to see how she does, but there's no question a pairing with Jax would have more success if she was not handicapped by a) the character of Nina and b) the writing.* If anyone can remake a dud character like Nina from top to bottom it is Watros - it's been done many times before with other characters, by other actors - but the writing would need to be of a much higher caliber, and it's not and it's not going to be. That being said: I'll believe a Drew recast when I see him onscreen and not before.

(* - speaking of, I actually like both Chris Van Etten and Daniel O'Connor, who is rumored to be ascendant. They're witty and fun and seem to enjoy their jobs. The problem is they are both from the Ron Carlivati school IIRC, where it's too often all wit and out of balance, and I don't think either is skilled enough for the big chair alone, especially with Frank running the real show and exerting his will more than ever before.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Hater said:

This is a summary of the casting side titiled "Evan" which was the same exact side for what was put out for "Drew" in 2017 (Miller was rumored to be leaving back then as well)  according to someone who gets the sides.

They do reuse those scripts. That's not proof of Drew.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, jsbt said:

They do reuse those scripts. That's not proof of Drew.

I'm just saying what was posted by the person who gets sides.  It's a contract role either way according to Showfax.

It was the posting of this casting side that prompted Source Ryan to spill, so whatever...

Edited by Hater

I remember Showfax well from back in the day. They still reuse 'em. We'll see what happens, but neither Drew disappearing nor Drew being needlessly recast would shock me.

(edited)
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Why either Drew or Nina would be recast would be beyond me if not for Frank's punitive behavior in the CBS casting wars of recent years

I get recasting Nina, even though the character is terrible. They built up a ton of story around her. Drew, not so much. Maybe there'll just be a temp recast.

I do think that side is for Drew, but they coulda just put it out there as some negotiation tactic, as if Miller would care.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

I get recasting Nina, even though the character is terrible. They built up a ton of story around her. Drew, not so much. Maybe there'll just be a temp recast.

I do think that side is for Drew, but they coulda just put it out there as some negotiation tactic, as if Miller would care.

I guess we should add Valerie to the unnecessary recast list. Frank didn’t use old Valerie but she bolts to Y&R and he felt the need to recast. Now, whenever short haired Valerie shows up I’m actually confused as to who she is.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, jsbt said:

Y&R has been desperate to get BM back since the day he left, including casting a wooden dude who looked old as hell for over a year as a transparent placeholder before they settled on JT. Miller will go back there.

The big question is where JT will go after he gets bounced from Y&R.  There's no place for him at GH any more, not to mention he burned his bridges here. ( Although I could see FV taking him back, if only to make him crawl.)

1 minute ago, yowsah1 said:

The big question is where JT will go after he gets bounced from Y&R.  There's no place for him at GH any more, not to mention he burned his bridges here. ( Although I could see FV taking him back, if only to make him crawl.)

How did he burn his bridges? I don't recall him skewering TPTB. (Although I wouldn't blame him if he did.)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He didn't burn his bridges, unless FV counts him leaving at all for Y&R. But I don't think he cared that much.

FV cares about his friends from past soaps, friends of his pet actors (hi, LW's boyfriend!), and maaaaaaaaybe GH actors as long as they buddy up. He may be keeping the show under budget, but it has lost all heart and watchability, IMO.

• Love 2